Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,176 members, 7,849,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:27 AM

Eternal Security Is Hell's Doctrine - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Eternal Security Is Hell's Doctrine (673 Views)

The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) / Bible Scholars Lets Discuss Eternal Security / Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eternal Security Is Hell's Doctrine by Bibline(m): 7:35am On Apr 02, 2016
Recent bombings, killings, global warming, wars and rumors of war, starvation and economic hardship is a pointer that the coming of our Lord is imminent. And there is nothing that soothe the tired muscle of a weary pilgrim as the sight of his ever far destination. Give him a cup of cold water and ask him to sit for yet a little while. Nay! He 'll say.. For I can see my home already. For yet a little while,and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry. Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition;but of them that believe to the saving of the soul. Heb 10:32-39 It's quite clear. That our saviour is coming. And He has promised to keep us till the end. We didn't chose him. He chose us. (John 15:6a) for we have done nothing to be called into the Faith we now profess. We were saved by Grace that led us first to hear, And then to conceive and then to believe.. Hence the skeleton of Faith was built in us. With the God head joining every bone to bone bit by bit. A role played by God the Merciful, a price bought by Jesus: The redeemer and a conviction elicited by Holy Spirit: The indwelling companion. Where then is our boasting? Oh wretched man that we were. That never would have changed if God himself didn't effect the change in us. For an Ethopia man cannot change his skin niether will a leopard change his spot. Glorious God that did blot out our sins for his name sake. Not imputing our sins against us but blotting them out like we never sinned. He gave us the heart to believe. Hence..we played no part in our salvation. Just as We have no part in the Salvation and redemption process. We also like a ball on an inclined plane cannot ascend the height of holiness except some external force propels us and set us in motion. Sufficient is the Grace that saved us and more than sufficient is the Grace that will keep us (John 10:28-29; 17:12)even unto the very end. All we need do is to keep our gaze on the source (Jesus) like Peter. focusing on the ever constant result true trust. Now this Grace isn't a licence to sin as Satan as made pilgrims on this eternal journey to believe. (Romans6:1-3). We cannot continue to sin and maintain this unmerited favor. Here is an illustration. A man has used his only daughter who happened to be espoused to a good man out of town as collateral for a huge loan from a wicked man who made him sign a paper that make him the automatic husband of this damsel. Events unfold and this man couldn't pay back his heavy debts. He lost his daughter to this wicked man. Now, the good man out of his magnificent riches came to town and paid this price, reclaimed his bride and fixed a date for marriage. Oh how happy She becomes. Free indeed she is (salvation) and with HOPE of becoming Married soon. This hope will not make her go looking out for another husband. For he long time love, whose love for her is greatest has proposed to marry her. She won't go into prostitution for she needs to be spotless on her wedding day. If she defiles herself, And goes into fornication with other men, or send a heart breaking letter to the good man that she needs to be left alone. Then she has chose to determine her fate herself. Does the promise and proposal of the good man still holds? YES!! Does his love for her change? No!! she decided to leave the relationship. So it is in the kingdom. Christ has bought us with a price. And we should present ourselves pure with the hope of eternal life he has promised us. I John 3:3. We should present ourselves pure. If you profess eternal security, that should even make you more righteousness conscious and live a life way above sin. Jesus hates sin and it's very act. And if a believer sins, He should revisit Calvary like the prodigal son. The blood-stained cross is the believer's Compass. And He should revisit it when ever he is lost. It is possible to throw away your salvation if you go back to your old sinful ways. Because no man having put his hand on the plough looking back is fit for the kingdom. These are Jesus words. Yes, we may stray away like the prodigal son. Who never lost his sonship and Paternal love but lost fellowship in far away country. But He came back 1. Sorrowful like David when reproved by Nathan (Typified Holy Spirit) 2. Repentant like Zacheus 3. Longing for fellowship. Hold that which you have that no man takes thy crown, For Many will say unto me Lord, Lord on that day but I will say depart from me YE WORKERS of INIQUITY.. Don't be a cast away after you have done so much for God in numbers of years and service for God. "REMEMBER LOT'S WIFE" is a whole verse in the Bible, said by Jesus written in red

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eternal Security Is Hell's Doctrine by Scholar8200(m): 9:57am On Apr 02, 2016
Indeed, it is a damnable heresy that renders all the command to watch and take heed redundant!
Re: Eternal Security Is Hell's Doctrine by Bibline(m): 7:21pm On Apr 02, 2016
Scholar8200:
Indeed, it is a damnable heresy that renders all the command to watch and take heed redundant!
Scholar8200:

God bless u
Re: Eternal Security Is Hell's Doctrine by Scholar8200(m): 6:59am On Apr 04, 2016
Bibline:

God bless u
Amen, thanks.
Re: Eternal Security Is Hell's Doctrine by Johnthespecial(m): 4:00pm On Apr 04, 2016
God bless you for sharing this. I was blessed after reading it.

(1) (Reply)

God Curse To Eve Please I Need Answers / Who Is Going To Hell / OMG! South African Prophet Drives His Car Over His Church Members!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.