Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Is Range Rover Fuel Efficient? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Is Range Rover Fuel Efficient? (2304 Views)

Fuel Efficient Suvs 2008-2015 / 2013 Toyota Fortuner 2.7l Vvti, 4 Cylinders, 4WD, Fuel Efficient For Sale / Nissan Altima 2004 Very Neat And Fuel Efficient @ Abeokuta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Range Rover Fuel Efficient? by mkbessman(m): 11:39am On Apr 02, 2016
please let's catch fun. if you have a range rover sports or you know someone who has one. please can you share your experiences fuel wise at least to educate future owners...

things like;

- does it consume much fuel
- how much fuel does it save
- is it worth buying
- do you recommend the ride or not

please keep it rolling......like I said its fun
Re: Is Range Rover Fuel Efficient? by mebad(m): 12:01pm On Apr 02, 2016
People who own Range Rover don't worry about those questions you asking . If you need to know before buying then it's probably not for you .

16 Likes

Re: Is Range Rover Fuel Efficient? by airlord2020: 12:08pm On Apr 02, 2016
RR sport has 4.4L V8 engine. It is not fuel efficient like the "toyota". But when you drive a range rover sport, fuel consumption should not even an issue. My humble advice.

1 Like

Re: Is Range Rover Fuel Efficient? by advanceDNA: 1:18pm On Apr 02, 2016
oga... fuel is the least of ur problems......every part of that car is money..the servicing sef na money......when they tell u to come and buy water pump for 78k or powersteering pump for 200k, dat u can easily get for 5k and 10k in a regular car.

and the worst case scenario if the gear or engine go spoil...gobeee...u go collect loan to fix car

My advice: ur monthly salary or income if u aint a salary earner should conviniently cover the most expensive part of the car u intend buying. so if u can conviniently afford a range rover engine, gear or brain box...then fuel shuldnt be ur problem.

1 Like

Re: Is Range Rover Fuel Efficient? by mkbessman(m): 1:56pm On Apr 02, 2016
advanceDNA:
oga... fuel is the least of ur problems......every part of that car is money..the servicing sef na money......when they tell u to come and buy water pump for 78k or powersteering pump for 200k, dat u can easily get for 5k and 10k in a regular car.

and the worst case scenario if the gear or engine go spoil...gobeee...u go collect loan to fix car

My advice: ur monthly salary or income if u aint a salary earner should conviniently cover the most expensive part of the car u intend buying. so if u can conviniently afford a range rover engine, gear or brain box...then fuel shuldnt be ur problem.

tnx boss.. you convinced me. so is that why people sell of theirs so cheap?

1 Like

Re: Is Range Rover Fuel Efficient? by mkbessman(m): 1:59pm On Apr 02, 2016
airlord2020:
RR sport has 4.4L V8 engine. It is not fuel efficient like the "toyota". But when you drive a range rover sport, fuel consumption should not even an issue. My humble advice.

hmmmmm. I believe you sir. the way ppl buy it in my area is just too questionable
Re: Is Range Rover Fuel Efficient? by mkbessman(m): 2:03pm On Apr 02, 2016
mebad:
People who own Range Rover don't worry about those questions you asking . If you need to know before buying then it's probably not for you .

tnx boss. but which do you recommend ( for SUV) as a starter?
Re: Is Range Rover Fuel Efficient? by corneli83(m): 2:53pm On Apr 02, 2016
mkbessman:
please let's catch fun. if you have a range rover sports or you know someone who has one. please can you share your experiences fuel wise at least to educate future owners...

things like;

- does it consume much fuel
- how much fuel does it save
- is it worth buying
- do you recommend the ride or not

You should compare... example: Range rover vs wrangler
note: Every car consumes fuel except it's fully dependent on electricity

please keep it rolling......like I said its fun
Re: Is Range Rover Fuel Efficient? by 400billionman: 5:05pm On Apr 02, 2016
Nawa o
Re: Is Range Rover Fuel Efficient? by mkbessman(m): 7:03pm On Apr 02, 2016
400billionman:
Nawa o

Oga which one be nawa na
Re: Is Range Rover Fuel Efficient? by ophilly: 7:31pm On Apr 02, 2016
RRS delivers in performance, handling, refinement and class but pls don't talk about fuel economy, that is annoying. For a super car with supercharged V8 engine, just enjoy the pleasures the car has to offer which comes at a princely cost.
Re: Is Range Rover Fuel Efficient? by mkbessman(m): 7:43pm On Apr 02, 2016
ophilly:
RRS delivers in performance, handling, refinement and class but pls don't talk about fuel economy, that is annoying. For a super car with supercharged V8 engine, just enjoy the pleasures the car has to offer which comes at a princely cost.

pleas sir... what do you have to say on the range rover sports octane booster
Re: Is Range Rover Fuel Efficient? by blackwest: 8:02pm On Apr 02, 2016
well being there don that i used an 07 range for a month wen i hard my honda the fact is this if ur an heavy foot (pedal to the metal )kind then ranger rover isnt ur kind of ride wen it comes to consumption of fuel, i try it one time from lekki to agege was in a serious with just 15lites but all i did was to let the car drive it self no hard shifting just cursing with ac on wat in traffic at ikeja along , agege more then 3 hours and mind u my fuel finished B4 i left lekki i pour 15lites on ac to agege for me its a good fuel saver as long as ur not agressive on the pedals. then to the part i luv most for speed its on point balance on point, so its a win win best of lucky
Re: Is Range Rover Fuel Efficient? by ophilly: 8:32pm On Apr 02, 2016
mkbessman:

pleas sir... what do you have to say on the range rover sports octane booster
Do you really need that stuff? Nigerian fuel is premium unleaded fuel, one of the best around.
Re: Is Range Rover Fuel Efficient? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 02, 2016
Range Rover...fuel efficient. That aspect will burn u if u touch.
First of all,this car is as heavy as Queen Mary 2 ocean liner.
secondly its sports tuned. The thought of fuel efficiency should be deleted when one thinks of buying this car. But then this car was built to last, good on-road and capable off-road. U can't expect to get something of good quality and not bruise you wallet,cos even mechanics will try to make the best off u when u pay them a visit,after all for owning a Range Rover sport u must be a "big man" who has enough kudi to spend.

4 Likes

Re: Is Range Rover Fuel Efficient? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 02, 2016
Tracking devices make your car easier to be found in the event of a theft, and therefore offer additional piece of mind as well.
It's the best reliainstall convenient option for car security also work as surveillance. Contact vehicle's tracker 9ja for vehicle's tracking solutions and recovery in Nigeria.

OUR PRODUCT

Features of our product

• Worldwide map coverage: We can track your vehicles even when it is driven outside Nigeria. Map shows street name, major roads and highways, landmark in any country.

• Check location by SMS: SMS location report shows street name, city, time, and engine status. If the vehicle is in a place where streets are not named, SMS shall report vehicle location to the nearest landmark like churches, mosque, banks etc.

• Online Tracking: Our online tracking shows the vehicle moving on your computer screen at intervals.

• You can also track by map coordinates and Maplink on your smart phone.

• Track vehicle by SMS and call.

• Our online platform can accommodate more 500 vehicles.

• Remotely listen to conversation in and around the vehicle

• High sensitivity, new technology and latest GPS chipset.

• Efficient battery back-up: battery back-up is very useful when thieves remove the car battery and decide to tow the car, the car could still be tracked.

• Works well even in areas with limited sky view like villages.

• When Vehicle is driven to remote areas like villages where street names are not available, our tracker will show vehicle location to the nearest landmarks like rivers, churches, mosque etc.

• Support unlimited number of phone numbers for call-in and SMS.

• Voltage range between 6V and 36V; Suitable for all kinds of vehicles such as cars, buses, trucks, trailer.

• Remotely shutdown/restore vehicle by SMS and call.

• It can track a vehicle's location, speed and direction throughout the world with “Theft Alert” mode. Anti-theft mode is useful when vehicle is parked in an unsafe environment. You can arm the car against theft, even when the vehicle key is used, the vehicle will not start.

• Our tracker is designed for full covert installations. Most of the corporate fleet owners consider that a fully hidden installation is the only way to reduce staff’s vehicle misuse.

Applications

- Tracking and management of vehicle fleet
- Cargo Tracking
- Surveillance Work
- Anti-theft and recovery

We install tracker device all over Nigeria.
Contact us 08144758217, www.exceltracking..com or join us on Facebook www.facebook.com/vehicletracker9ja
Re: Is Range Rover Fuel Efficient? by mkbessman(m): 7:25am On Apr 03, 2016
blackwest:
well being there don that i used an 07 range for a month wen i hard my honda the fact is this if ur an heavy foot (pedal to the metal )kind then ranger rover isnt ur kind of ride wen it comes to consumption of fuel, i try it one time from lekki to agege was in a serious with just 15lites but all i did was to let the car drive it self no hard shifting just cursing with ac on wat in traffic at ikeja along , agege more then 3 hours and mind u my fuel finished B4 i left lekki i pour 15lites on ac to agege for me its a good fuel saver as long as ur not agressive on the pedals. then to the part i luv most for speed its on point balance on point, so its a win win best of lucky

wow! interesting! not aggressive on pedal.. nice one
Re: Is Range Rover Fuel Efficient? by mkbessman(m): 7:27am On Apr 03, 2016
Danny0531:
Range Rover...fuel efficient. That aspect will burn u if u touch.
First of all,this car is as heavy as Queen Mary 2 ocean liner.
secondly its sports tuned. The thought of fuel efficiency should be deleted when one thinks of buying this car. But then this car was built to last, good on-road and capable off-road. U can't expect to get something of good quality and not bruise you wallet,cos even mechanics will try to make the best off u when u pay them a visit,after all for owning a Range Rover sport u must be a "big man" who has enough kudi to spend.

you're right sir. quality can't be comprised.... nice one sir
Re: Is Range Rover Fuel Efficient? by SirAweezy(m): 8:42am On Apr 03, 2016
mkbessman:

you're right sir. quality can't be comprised.... nice one sir

Incase if you change your mind, and that range you were offered is still available please let me know!
Re: Is Range Rover Fuel Efficient? by mkbessman(m): 8:23pm On Apr 03, 2016
SirAweezy:

Incase if you change your mind, and that range you were offered is still available please let me know!

alright Sir
Re: Is Range Rover Fuel Efficient? by billyG(m): 8:30pm On Apr 05, 2016
advanceDNA:

I heard d price of d suspensions can buy a small car.
Re: Is Range Rover Fuel Efficient? by billyG(m): 8:41pm On Apr 05, 2016
advanceDNA:

I heard d price of d suspensions/air compressor can buy a small car.
Re: Is Range Rover Fuel Efficient? by miqos02(m): 8:54pm On Apr 05, 2016
lipsrsealed
billyG:

Re: Is Range Rover Fuel Efficient? by mkbessman(m): 11:31am On Apr 19, 2016
miqos02:
lipsrsealed

yes. Camry or corrola
Re: Is Range Rover Fuel Efficient? by Sigario: 12:43pm On Apr 19, 2016
mebad:

True talk, if you get to ask this kind question then you no fit maintain am
Re: Is Range Rover Fuel Efficient? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 19, 2016
billyG:

The suspension will cost u about N80k to replace. It's a very sweet piece to own and drive especially when travelling.
A diesel engine drinks less from my experience with a RR Evogue but from the way u sound,
it's not advisable for u to own one now because ur worry too much about cost... Summary is that it has a good balance
between cost, comfort and prestige...
Re: Is Range Rover Fuel Efficient? by mkbessman(m): 6:57am On Apr 21, 2016
dukeolumde:

The suspension will cost u about N80k to replace. It's a very sweet piece to own and drive especially when travelling.
A diesel engine drinks less from my experience with a RR Evogue but from the way u sound,
it's not advisable for u to own one now because ur worry too much about cost... Summary is that it has a good balance
between cost, comfort and prestige...

I get your point sir

(1) (Reply)

SOLD SOLD SOLD 2016 Toyota Camry SE (Just Like Brand New) @9.8m AWOOF DEAL!!!! / Toks Benz Ml350 4matic 2014 . Accident Free / Very Clean Reg. Toyota Camry Orobo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.