Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,373 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Igbo Progenitor Story Vs Yoruba Progenitor Story, Facts & Fiction - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Progenitor Story Vs Yoruba Progenitor Story, Facts & Fiction (3302 Views)

Calabar Vs Yoruba Women Who Is More Beautiful? / Igbo Party Vs Yoruba Party: Is This The Difference? (see Photo) / Benin Kingdom Vs Yoruba Race: Why Oba Of Benin Is Number One, By Odia Ofeimun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Progenitor Story Vs Yoruba Progenitor Story, Facts & Fiction by scoleman: 8:03pm On Apr 02, 2016
Igbo's history

Igbos claim they came to be in present day Nigeria after travelling distant miles from exile in egyp, and cultural/archeological facts supports this .

During the early years of the missionaries, it was documented that the igbos were Jewish, had Jewish like custom and also star of David was painted on doors and walls of the houses, they also said if they told the igbos about the jewish roots it will be hard for them to convert to christainity but if they werent it will be easy for them to become converts because most of the laws of Igboland (odinani) is almost the samething with the jewish laws in the old testament which led to massive conversion across igboland. That is why today igbos are 99.9% christains.

The cultural connection between the Igbo’s and the Hebrews was first made by Olaudah Equiano an ex-slave of Igbo origin in the west indies from Essaka( probably Nsukka) writing in his 1789 book, “The Interesting Narrative of the Life of Olaudah Equiano made this statement " Such is the imperfect sketch my memory has furnished me with of the manners and customs of a people among whom I first drew my breath. And here I cannot forbear suggesting what has long struck me very forcibly, namely, the strong analogy which even by this sketch, imperfect as it is, appears to prevail in the manners and customs of my countrymen and those of the Jews, before they reached the Land of Promise, and particularly the patriarchs while they were yet in that pastoral state which is described in Genesis–an analogy, which alone would induce me to think that the one people had sprung from the other.” Equiano analogies were based on common cultural practices as circumcision, conferment, purification of women, naming children after specific events and experience as also found in Hebrew culture.

The colonial master arriving the Igbo heartland also saw this similarities hence further comparison. The Igbo origin as defined by the colonial masters has two hypothesis, the Hamitic Hypothesis and oriental hypothesis; the hamitic hypothesis proposed that the Igbo were of Middle Eastern origin, either Egyptian or Hebrew. The most outspoken proponent of the Hamitic hypothesis was the colonial Christian missionary Archdeacon G.T. Basden. The question of Igbo Jewish identity to which many Igbo’s lay claim was a result of the colonial discourse based on the Hamitic hypothesis the oriental hypothesis was borne out of the hamitic hypothesis, the oriental hypothesis proposes that the Igbo’s are descended from the Jews. The proponent of this theorem base their argument from circumstantial and biblical evidence.The exponents of this theory found similarity of culture between that of Igbo and some of the middle Eastern peoples. Circumcision, system and manner of naming children, sentence structure and similarity in some words, religion and ritual symbols, love of adventure and enterprise were used to explain derivation from the East. It is also believed that the word Ibo is the corruption for the word Hebrew.

The star of David was found 500ft deep in the ground in present day Anambra state which prompted the addition of the star of David in the old Nigerian colonial coin.

Neom katz, the isreali envoy said that he believes the igbos are one of the lost tribes of Israel, do you also know that the onyx stone belonging to gad was found in Igboland which prompted isreal to send archaeologist to research about it.

Yoruba history

First version says Oduduwa, the yorubas progenitor was the first man created by God after which he have fell from the sky with the aid of a "chain" and established the present day Yoruba kingdom, making you wonder if this is an alien sci-fi movie, even if it were to be true, what about the woman who bore kids to populate Yoruba land? How did the yoruba population grow? Or is he an hemaphrodite cheesy

Another oral tradition claim that Oduduwa was Olodumare's favourite orisha, and as such was sent from heaven to create the earth.

There is much controversy concerning him and his place and names in the Yoruba pantheon, and consensus on the subject is as elusive as it is with any other "creation myth". However, the Ife are known for telling the following story:

A certain number of divinities were to accomplish the task of helping earth develop its crust. On one of these visits Obatala, the King of White Clothes, took to the stage equipped with a mollusk that held in its shell some form of soil; two winged beasts and some cloth like material. Having made palm wine from the palm trees he caused to grow after shaping the planet, he began to drink ; soon falling into a drunken stupor, he was unable to accomplish the task he was originally given. Olodumare then sent Oduduwa to save what was left of the mission.

When Oduduwa found the Obatala in a "tipsy" state, he simply took over and completed the tasks. The place which he leaped onto from the heavens and which he redeemed from the water to become land was named Ile-Ife and is now considered the sacred and spiritual heart of Yorubaland.

Due to this experience, Obatala is said to have subsequently made it a taboo for any of his devotees to drink palm wine.

Forgiven by Olodumare, he was later given the responsibility of molding the physical bodies of human beings; the making of land in this story is said to be a symbolic reference to the founding of the Yoruba kingdoms, and this is why Oduduwa is credited with the achievement

Another version says he is an Arab who came from Mecca,

Without any bias isn't the oduduwa stories the biggest lie on earth? Even when there are no archeological evidence to support this claim, yet some gullible yorubas believed these stories and uphold it with all seriousness.

The reason why I opened this thread is to expose the hypocrisy of the yorubas who keep cursing the igbos for claiming to be jewish/hebrew even when cultural/archeological evidence support their claim, but looking at both history, you can boldly say, the yorubas are confused people with no history but they hide their shame by cooking up some sci-fi movie like story and feeding it to their gullible indigene. Smh

Now whose history is believable between the igbos and the yorubas?

I guess your answer is staring at you in the face.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Progenitor Story Vs Yoruba Progenitor Story, Facts & Fiction by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 02, 2016
OP,

You're very right.
Re: Igbo Progenitor Story Vs Yoruba Progenitor Story, Facts & Fiction by scoleman: 8:06pm On Apr 02, 2016
Space booked
Re: Igbo Progenitor Story Vs Yoruba Progenitor Story, Facts & Fiction by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 02, 2016
Op can you pls answer this questions.

If truly ibos are jewush descendants

why do ibos have dark skin like evey other negros
why do ibos have wooly hair unlike jew that have semitic hair type
why do ibos have thick lips ike every african
why do ibos have round and wide noses like every negro

if you cant answer this questions then you are descendants of jews in your wild but blurry imaginations

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Progenitor Story Vs Yoruba Progenitor Story, Facts & Fiction by opeaceo: 8:23pm On Apr 02, 2016
What an idiotic tirade at a an ethnic group. To what end??

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Progenitor Story Vs Yoruba Progenitor Story, Facts & Fiction by tonio2wo: 8:23pm On Apr 02, 2016
Tribal e-war looming!
Re: Igbo Progenitor Story Vs Yoruba Progenitor Story, Facts & Fiction by scoleman: 8:34pm On Apr 02, 2016
opeaceo:
What an idiotic tirade at a an ethnic group. To what end??

Im not attacking any ethnic group, I opened this topic to refute the yoruba claims of being the only ethnic group with a genuine history meanwhile they go about cursing the igbos who claim to be Jewish.

If I may ask, among the two history which of them is reasonable and genuine?

Lol, hypocrisy at its best!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Progenitor Story Vs Yoruba Progenitor Story, Facts & Fiction by chiefobdk(m): 8:34pm On Apr 02, 2016
everybody know the south west 've no history.. na so dia oba dey drag level wit world reknown oba of Benin

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Progenitor Story Vs Yoruba Progenitor Story, Facts & Fiction by Tallesty1(m): 8:34pm On Apr 02, 2016
So nah Oduduwa Technically Invented and Tested Parachute?

These guys can break unbreakable records sha.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Progenitor Story Vs Yoruba Progenitor Story, Facts & Fiction by scoleman: 8:39pm On Apr 02, 2016
Tallesty1:
So nah Oduduwa Technically Invented Parasuit and Tested Parasuit?

Haha haha cheesy cheesy

Parachute Inventor my brown ass

1 Like

Re: Igbo Progenitor Story Vs Yoruba Progenitor Story, Facts & Fiction by Tallesty1(m): 8:48pm On Apr 02, 2016
scoleman:

Haha haha cheesy cheesy

Parachute Inventor my brown ass
Thanks gringrin
Re: Igbo Progenitor Story Vs Yoruba Progenitor Story, Facts & Fiction by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 02, 2016
Hagm0nd:

if you cant answer this questions then you are descendants of jews in your wild but blurry imaginations

Gibberish questions!
Re: Igbo Progenitor Story Vs Yoruba Progenitor Story, Facts & Fiction by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 02, 2016
Tallesty1:
So nah Oduduwa Technically Invented and Tested Parachute?

These guys can break unbreakable records sha.

Hahahahahah, guy you bad gan!
Re: Igbo Progenitor Story Vs Yoruba Progenitor Story, Facts & Fiction by Nobody: 8:57pm On Apr 02, 2016
Just as expected a group of people with the lowest self esteem in the world and also a shame to mother africa
it is a general knowledge that every ancient civilization like indus valley,chinese,maya e.t.c have various myth and lores as pertaining their origin
Tkester2:

Gibberish questions!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Progenitor Story Vs Yoruba Progenitor Story, Facts & Fiction by scoleman: 9:02pm On Apr 02, 2016
Hagm0nd:

Ignorance is truly a disease, have you heard about the lemba Jews from southern Africa, they are said to have the Cohen modal haplotype (Aaron gene) making them the purest Jewish tribe in the whole world.

Below are links discussing the lemba tribe and I urge you to visit them so that you can rid your self off this crass ignorance.

http://www.freemaninstitute.com/Gallery/lemba.htm

http://www.worldjewishcongress.org/en/news/lemba-tribe-in-southern-africa-has-jewish-roots-genetic-tests-reveal

Read excerpts from the world jewish congress website

Genetic tests carried out by British scientists have revealed that many of the Lemba tribesmen in southern Africa have Jewish origins, according to a report by the BBC. The Lemba, a tribe of 70,000 to 80,000 members who live in central Zimbabwe and northern South Africa, have customs which are similar to Jewish ones: Lemba refrain from eating pork or other foods forbidden by the Torah, or forbidden combinations of permitted foods, wear yarmulke-like skull caps, conduct ritual animal slaughter, have a holy day once a week, and even put a Star of David on their gravestones. According to their oral tradition, the Lemba are descended from seven Jewish men who left Israel 2,500 years ago and married African women, according to the BBC. The Lemba prefer their children to marry other Lembas, and marriage to non-Lembas is being discouraged.

=============================================

Now looking at the pictures of the lembas, do they have semitic hair? infact this is a pure african Bantu tribe.

I hope I have schooled you.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Progenitor Story Vs Yoruba Progenitor Story, Facts & Fiction by ayesco202(m): 9:11pm On Apr 02, 2016
When will pure water become N5?
Re: Igbo Progenitor Story Vs Yoruba Progenitor Story, Facts & Fiction by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 02, 2016
I dont go about clicking stupid links
if you cant debate using your brain then crawl off
so because they have customs similar to jews make them jewish
show me reasonable physical characteristics that shows a link between these lembas and the isrealites jews
all these oral traditions shit got no wings
scoleman:

Ignorance is truly a disease, have you heard about the lemba Jews from southern Africa, they are said to have the Cohen modal haplotype (Aaron gene) making them the purest Jewish tribe in the whole world.

Below are links discussing the lemba tribe and I urge you to visit them so that you can rid your self off this crass ignorance.

http://www.freemaninstitute.com/Gallery/lemba.htm

http://www.worldjewishcongress.org/en/news/lemba-tribe-in-southern-africa-has-jewish-roots-genetic-tests-reveal

Read excerpts from the world jewish congress website

Genetic tests carried out by British scientists have revealed that many of the Lemba tribesmen in southern Africa have Jewish origins, according to a report by the BBC. The Lemba, a tribe of 70,000 to 80,000 members who live in central Zimbabwe and northern South Africa, have customs which are similar to Jewish ones: Lemba refrain from eating pork or other foods forbidden by the Torah, or forbidden combinations of permitted foods, wear yarmulke-like skull caps, conduct ritual animal slaughter, have a holy day once a week, and even put a Star of David on their gravestones. According to their oral tradition, the Lemba are descended from seven Jewish men who left Israel 2,500 years ago and married African women, according to the BBC. The Lemba prefer their children to marry other Lembas, and marriage to non-Lembas is being discouraged.

=============================================

Now looking at the pictures of the lembas, do they have wollen hair? infact this is a pure african Bantu tribe.

I hope I have schooled you.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Progenitor Story Vs Yoruba Progenitor Story, Facts & Fiction by opeaceo: 9:15pm On Apr 02, 2016
scoleman:

Im not attacking any ethnic group, I opened this topic to refute the yoruba claims of being the only ethnic group with a genuine history meanwhile they go about cursing the igbos who claim to be Jewish.

If I may ask, among the two history which of them is reasonable and genuine?

Lol, hypocrisy at its best!

You guys are hilariously hilarious, you are trying to refute their claims, and you claim they are all confused??

The Igbos descended from the Jews, if this is true, so what?? Does that make you better humans with a tail?? Why the unnecessary noise??

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Progenitor Story Vs Yoruba Progenitor Story, Facts & Fiction by scoleman: 9:23pm On Apr 02, 2016
Hagm0nd:
I dont go about clicking stupid links
if you cant debate using your brain then crawl off
so because they have customs similar to jews make them jewish
show me reasonable physical characteristics that shows a link between these lembas and the isrealites jews
all these oral traditions shit got no wings

cheesy cheesy

It is very clear to anyone reading this thread that you are obviously running away from the truth, I even added excerpts so that you can grasp the obvious truth but here you go, with that cunny attitude yorubas are known for, so you mean to be Jewish, you need to be white with wooly hair, I laugh at your ignorance. It shows how shallow your thinking is.

FYI igbos are Jews, and there is nothing you can do about it, now fvck off my mentions and go look for a better explained history of the yorubas.
Re: Igbo Progenitor Story Vs Yoruba Progenitor Story, Facts & Fiction by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 02, 2016
First of all let me correct your steep ignorance the reqlly jews dont have wooly hair

for example it is clear knowledge that fulani have arabic ancenstry hence their asiatic features,ibos do not even have one jewish features

i dont care if you are the jacob of yore,everybody who see ibos see one things perculiar to all africans

i dont have to explain yoruba history to you our culture and exploits are celebrated around the world,we are not the bush dwellers enlightened by the british

next time youngman in a conversation dont be vulgar,it is a character of uncouth children

now have a nice day
scoleman:

cheesy cheesy

It is very clear to anyone reading this thread that you are obviously running away from the truth, I even added excerpts so that you can grasp the obvious truth but here you go, with that cunny attitude yorubas are known for, so you mean to be Jewish, you need to be white with wooly hair, I laugh at your ignorance. It shows how shallow your thinking is.

FYI igbos are Jews, and there is nothing you can do about it, now fvck off my mentions and go look for a better explained history of the yorubas.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Progenitor Story Vs Yoruba Progenitor Story, Facts & Fiction by scoleman: 10:01pm On Apr 02, 2016
Hagm0nd:
First of all let me correct your steep ignorance the reqlly jews dont have wooly hair

for example it is clear knowledge that fulani have arabic ancenstry hence their asiatic features,ibos do not even have one jewish features

i dont care if you are the jacob of yore,everybody who see ibos see one things perculiar to all africans

i dont have to explain yoruba history to you our culture and exploits are celebrated around the world,we are not the bush dwellers enlightened by the british

next time youngman in a conversation dont be vulgar,it is a character of uncouth children

now have a nice day

You run around in circles, you think I need to define being Jewish by your standards, Mr man Jews are blacks, it is a well known fact but your hate for anything Igbo has blinded you, you said I should give you Jews who are not white with wooly hair , I gave you verified Jews who are called the lembas with the highest occurrence of the Cohen modal haplotype than any Jewish tribe in the whole world, meaning that they are direct descendants of Aaron instead of accepting your error, you decided speak from the other side of your mouth claiming that real Jews don't have wooly hair, who are you trying to fool? Do you think that You are discussing with a kid, you are truly ignorant and not smart.

Mr man, you should focus on the Yoruba history, you ought to challenge me with facts about your history instead you are trying hard to refute an obvious fact regarding the igbo's history.

Envy, hate and anger is the bane of the yorubas when it comes to Igbo issues, so I'm not surprised!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Progenitor Story Vs Yoruba Progenitor Story, Facts & Fiction by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 02, 2016
I dont care how you define jews but how the real world defines them
if jews are blacks those ones in isreal are what?
at least medieval cities have recorded interaction with jews and what they look like
talking about hate,who started this campaign of shame
you finally resorted to the only tactics,we all know for,bleating that everybody hates you
you dont go about ridiculing other people without expecting been cuffed loudly on your head
scoleman:

You run around in circles, you think I need to define being Jewish by your standards, Mr man Jews are blacks, it is a well known fact but your hate for anything Igbo has blinded you, you said I should give you Jews who are not white with wooly hair , I gave you verified Jews who are called the lembas with the highest occurrence of the Cohen modal haplotype than any Jewish tribe in the whole world, meaning that they are direct descendants of Aaron instead of accepting your error, you decided speak from the other side of your mouth claiming that real Jews don't have wooly hair, who are you trying to fool? Do you think that You are discussing with a kid, you are truly ignorant and not smart.

Mr man, you should focus on the Yoruba history, you ought to challenge me with facts about your history instead you are trying hard to refute an obvious fact regarding the igno's history.

Envy, hate and anger is the bane of the yorubas when it comes to Igbo issues, so I'm not surprised!

1 Like

Re: Igbo Progenitor Story Vs Yoruba Progenitor Story, Facts & Fiction by scoleman: 12:04am On Apr 03, 2016
Hagm0nd:

I dont care how you define jews but how the real world defines them
if jews are blacks those ones in isreal are what?
at least medieval cities have recorded interaction with jews and what they look like

talking about hate,who started this campaign of shame
you finally resorted to the only tactics,we all know for,bleating that everybody hates you
you dont go about ridiculing other people without expecting been cuffed loudly on your head

Indeed you are ignorant and you choose to remain so.
Wallow in it, I don't care. Believe me or not, I don't care
I made my point already and that's all that matters
Re: Igbo Progenitor Story Vs Yoruba Progenitor Story, Facts & Fiction by Nobody: 5:48am On Apr 03, 2016
the blacks with jewish ancenstry from ethiopia known has beta isreal have some physical characteristics as the jews,they are even recognised by isrealites
even many of them have been airlifted in isreal and given isreal citizenship
ibos are full blooded negro with low self esteem,finding succor in supremacist idea
scoleman:

Indeed you are ignorant and you choose to remain so.
Wallow in it, I don't care. Believe me or not, I don't care
I made my point already and that's all that matters

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Progenitor Story Vs Yoruba Progenitor Story, Facts & Fiction by scoleman: 6:07am On Apr 03, 2016
Hagm0nd:
the blacks with jewish ancenstry from ethiopia known has beta isreal have some physical characteristics as the jews,they are even recognised by isrealites
even many of them have been airlifted in isreal and given isreal citizenship
ibos are full blooded negro with low self esteem,finding succor in supremacist idea

Now i know your ignorance is alarming, if you must know, the Ethiopian jews who are in current day isreal are not genetically Jews, they are called converts and in Jewish law, even if you are not a full blood Jews as long as you practice Judaism, you are entitled to aliyah and this was the case of the Ethiopian Jews.

Excerpts from my source: pay attention to the bolded!

A Genetic Perspective on the Beta Israel, Ethiopian Jews
While Ethiopian Jews, historically known as the Beta Israel (or derogatorily as Falashas), constitute an inseparable component of today’s Israeli society, the question as to how and what makes them different from non-Jewish Ethiopians remains a prominent subject of discussion. As I discuss in a prior article (Omer, 2013), scholarly circles today remain overwhelmingly attracted to the hypothesis—also known as the traditional theory—that attributes the origins of the Beta Israel to medieval theological transformations within Christianity (e.g. Quirin, 2010; Kaplan, 1995), rather than to Jewish origins. By this theory, the relationship between the Beta Israel and the native populations is defined as socially constructed, with no ancestral or genetic connection to the ancient Hebrews.

https://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/2015/06/16/evidence-mounts-of-ancient-jewish-roots-of-beta-israel-ethiopian-jewry/

And please don't tell me you don't visit links, visit the links and rid yourself of your ignorance.

You are fighting so hard to refute the Igbo claim of being Jewish, continue, I'll keep bursting your eyes with verified facts.

Infact you are dumb for judging Jewish ancestry with facial looks, do you know the Egyptians who built the pyramid and the Sphinx were blacks, but the whites made gullible people like you to believe that they were white. You are a disgrace to education.

Please if you don't have any meaningful thing to say, kindly fvck off with your igbophobic self.

If you dont rid your self of envy, hatred and anger for the igbos, it will send you go 6 feet to the ground.
Re: Igbo Progenitor Story Vs Yoruba Progenitor Story, Facts & Fiction by Nobody: 6:14am On Apr 03, 2016
Why didnt isreal airlift other jewish converts because of your shallow claims and give to them due recognition like the beta jews
scoleman:

Now i know your ignorance is alarming, if you must know, the Ethiopian jews who are in current day isreal are not genetically Jews, they are called converts and in Jewish law, even if you are not a full blood Jews as long as you practice Judaism, you are entitled to aliyah and this was the case of the Ethiopian Jews.

Excerpts from my source: pay attention to the bolded!

A Genetic Perspective on the Beta Israel, Ethiopian Jews
While Ethiopian Jews, historically known as the Beta Israel (or derogatorily as Falashas), constitute an inseparable component of today’s Israeli society, the question as to how and what makes them different from non-Jewish Ethiopians remains a prominent subject of discussion. As I discuss in a prior article (Omer, 2013), scholarly circles today remain overwhelmingly attracted to the hypothesis—also known as the traditional theory—that attributes the origins of the Beta Israel to medieval theological transformations within Christianity (e.g. Quirin, 2010; Kaplan, 1995), rather than to Jewish origins. By this theory, the relationship between the Beta Israel and the native populations is defined as socially constructed, with no ancestral or genetic connection to the ancient Hebrews.

https://www.geneticliteracyproject.org/2015/06/16/evidence-mounts-of-ancient-jewish-roots-of-beta-israel-ethiopian-jewry/

And please don't tell me you don't visit links, visit the links and rid yourself of your ignorance.

You are fighting so hard to refute the Igbo claim of being Jewish, continue, I'll keep bursting your eyes with verified facts.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Progenitor Story Vs Yoruba Progenitor Story, Facts & Fiction by scoleman: 6:24am On Apr 03, 2016
Hagm0nd:
Why didnt isreal airlift other jewish converts because of your shallow claims

Lol, this is getting serious. You call my claims shallow? Do you know the Ethiopians are currently suffering from ethnic segregation? Mr man, the aliyah that brought the Ethiopians to isreal was because of the civil war in Ethiopia, isreal had no choice than to o grant them aliyah but before then they had to undergo mandatory Jewish conversions, to remove any doubt as to their Jewish status.

Anyone reading this thread with no bias will call you an Igbo hater because the truth is staring right at your face but you choose to doubt and bring up frivolous claims just to back your hatred. But know one thing, whether you or your Yoruba brothers like it or not, igbos are Jewish, my advise for you is to go find out the true history of your people and not that stupid hogwash of a story your elders have been feeding to the gullible Yoruba community.

Since you don't like links, below is are excerpts from my source:

Fourth Wave (1990–1999)

1991 (Operation Solomon): In 1991, the political and economic stability of Ethiopia deteriorated, as rebels mounted attacks against and eventually controlled the capital city of Addis Ababa. Worried about the fate of the Beta Israel during the transition period, the Israeli government along with several private groups prepared to continue covertly with the migration. Over the course of the next 36 hours, a total of 34 El Al passenger planes, with their seats removed to maximize passenger capacity, flew 14,325 Beta Israel non-stop to Israel. Again, the operation was mainly carried out due to the intervention and international pressure of the U.S. Dr. Rick Hodes, an American doctor who emigrated to Ethiopia, was the medical director for Operation Solomon. It was a difficult two days as he covertly arranged for a number of very ill people to be transported on these planes to Israel.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopian_Jews_in_Israel
Re: Igbo Progenitor Story Vs Yoruba Progenitor Story, Facts & Fiction by Nobody: 6:44am On Apr 03, 2016
You can yap all you want
genetic studies on jews shows that most jews worldwide bear a common genetic heritage which originates in the middle east and they BEAR THEIR STRONGEST RESEMBLANCE(emphasis on strongest)to the people of the fertile crescent which are IRAQ KUWAIT SYRIA LEBANON JORDAN ISREAL AND PALESTINE
stop mentioning yoruba
this is about refuting your lies of grandiose proportions
scoleman:

Lol, this is getting serious. You call my claims shallow? Do you know the Ethiopians are currently suffering from ethnic segregation? Mr man, the aliyah that brought the Ethiopians to isreal was because of the civil war in Ethiopia, isreal had no choice than to o grant them aliyah but before then they had to undergo mandatory Jewish conversions, to remove any doubt as to their Jewish status.

Anyone reading this thread with no bias will call you an Igbo hater because the truth is staring right at your face but you choose to doubt and bring up frivolous claims just to back your hatred. But know one thing, whether you or your Yoruba brothers like it or not, igbos are Jewish, my advise for you is to go find out the true history of your people and not that stupid hogwash of a story your elders have been feeding to the gullible Yoruba community.

Since you don't like links, below is are excerpts from my source:

Fourth Wave (1990–1999)

1991 (Operation Solomon): In 1991, the political and economic stability of Ethiopia deteriorated, as rebels mounted attacks against and eventually controlled the capital city of Addis Ababa. Worried about the fate of the Beta Israel during the transition period, the Israeli government along with several private groups prepared to continue covertly with the migration. Over the course of the next 36 hours, a total of 34 El Al passenger planes, with their seats removed to maximize passenger capacity, flew 14,325 Beta Israel non-stop to Israel. Again, the operation was mainly carried out due to the intervention and international pressure of the U.S. Dr. Rick Hodes, an American doctor who emigrated to Ethiopia, was the medical director for Operation Solomon. It was a difficult two days as he covertly arranged for a number of very ill people to be transported on these planes to Israel.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopian_Jews_in_Israel
Re: Igbo Progenitor Story Vs Yoruba Progenitor Story, Facts & Fiction by scoleman: 6:51am On Apr 03, 2016
Hagm0nd:
You can yap all you want
genetic studies on jews shows that most jews worldwide bear a common genetic heritage which originates in the middle east and they BEAR THEIR STRONGEST RESEMBLANCE(emphasis on strongest)to the people of the fertile crescent which are IRAQ KUWAIT SYRIA LEBANON JORDAN ISREAL AND PALESTINE
stop mentioning yoruba
this is about refute your lies of grandiose proportions

Those lies have been refuted by the lemba Jews, they are just like the igbos in skin colour and facial resemblance.

Kindly Google the lemba Jews and rid your self off this hate.

Excepts:

Since the late twentieth century, there has been increased media and scholarly attention to the Lemba's claim of common descent to the Jewish people.[5][6][7] Genetic Y-DNA analyses in the 2000s have established a partially Middle-Eastern origin for a portion of the male Lemba population.[8][9] Both Arabs and Jews share this DNA, but the Cohen Modal Haplotype, an indicator of Jewish ancestry, has been found among the males of one leadership clan at rates even higher than in the general Jewish population.

Source:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemba_people

Now who is the ignorant among the two of us.
Re: Igbo Progenitor Story Vs Yoruba Progenitor Story, Facts & Fiction by Nobody: 7:07am On Apr 03, 2016
You can post all the links in the whole universe
you started your lies by saying you lots migrated from the middle east
lemba jews that originated as are result of intercourse of male jewish traders with african women
do you know what patrilineal means for godsake
they didnt migrate from the middle east,only the traders who came along taught their traditions to their offspring and they refused to intermarry with others,that is why they have a concentration of the modal halotype
scoleman:

Those lies have been refuted by the lemba Jews, they are just like the igbos in skin colour and facial resemblance.

Kindly Google the lemba Jews and rid your self off this hate.

Excepts:

Since the late twentieth century, there has been increased media and scholarly attention to the Lemba's claim of common descent to the Jewish people.[5][6][7] Genetic Y-DNA analyses in the 2000s have established a partially Middle-Eastern origin for a portion of the male Lemba population.[8][9] Both Arabs and Jews share this DNA, but the Cohen Modal Haplotype, an indicator of Jewish ancestry, has been found among the males of one leadership clan at rates even higher than in the general Jewish population.

Source:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemba_people

Now who is the ignorant among the two of us.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Progenitor Story Vs Yoruba Progenitor Story, Facts & Fiction by scoleman: 7:20am On Apr 03, 2016
Hagm0nd:
You can post all the links in the whole universe
you started your lies by saying you lots migrated from the middle east
lemba jews that originated as are result of intercourse of male jewish traders with african women
do you know what patrilineal means for godsake
they didnt migrate from the middle east,only the traders who came along taught their traditions to their offspring and they refused to intermarry with others,that is why they have a concentration of the modal halotype

Is this one high? Or are you just high with hatred for the igbos? common sense tells you that traditionally, Jewish status passes down through the mother, not the father. FYI, lemba Jews are full blacks.

Source:
http://m.chabad.org/theJewishWoman/article_cdo/aid/968282/jewish/Why-Is-Jewishness-Passed-Down-Through-the-Mother.htm

http://www.jewfaq.org/m/whoisjew.htm

By tye way, did you even read or research about the lemba jews, or you just made use of basic copulation/parental tradition to reply back just so you can refute my verified claims.

Infact I'm done with you.. Good luck on your quest to refute the Igbo Jewish claims.
Re: Igbo Progenitor Story Vs Yoruba Progenitor Story, Facts & Fiction by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 03, 2016
This is what you all do scream hatred when your claims are refuted
im waiting for the days isreal will officially recognise you,till then you can keep being jewish on nairaland
bye
scoleman:

Is this one high? Or are you just high with hatred for the igbos? common sense tells you that traditionally, Jewish status passes down through the mother, not the father. FYI, lemba Jews are full blacks.

Source:
http://m.chabad.org/theJewishWoman/article_cdo/aid/968282/jewish/Why-Is-Jewishness-Passed-Down-Through-the-Mother.htm

http://www.jewfaq.org/m/whoisjew.htm

By tye way, did you even read or research about the lemba jews, or you just made use of basic copulation/parental tradition to reply back just so you can refute my verified claims.

Infact I'm done with you.. Good luck on your quest to refute the Igbo Jewish claims.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anaocha LGA Confers Chieftaincy Title On Doctor Okeke / Ghanaian Men Are So Nice♥ / Queen Of Sheba, King Solomon, Menelik I And Ark Of The Covenant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.