Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,816 members, 7,851,737 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:52 AM

The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) (61557 Views)

Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced / OOU Produces 43 First Class Graduates, 41 Phd Holders / Anyi Obi, One Of The Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by sommyblaze(m): 12:10pm On Apr 04, 2016
mployer:

You are myopic fool.

Getting a doctorate is not an achievement. The world won't remember you because you had a doctorate. You can only intimidate your kinsmen with it.

Count your achievements from world problems you have solved with your B.Sc and M.sc.

burst my head guy....

you r making a whole lotta sense....
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 04, 2016
These little gods. Like Lionel Messi. This totally defies OPC, MEND, IPOB etc.
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by nkemdi89(f): 12:17pm On Apr 04, 2016
Castroii:
, eyaa pele, bt its not too late to make a difference in life, who says you can't be the youngest female billionaire in naija, lol
Honestly o, but you know sometimes life has a way of compensating one.
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by TheSociopath(m): 12:25pm On Apr 04, 2016
These people are definitely brilliant. While I don't mean to be cynical, I'd like to say that the Nigerian orientation towards job creation is faulty. We need to arise from our educational dogma which clearly pits us as job seekers, rather than job creators. Although some of them didn't attend Nigerian Universities but I won't revere their achievements if they don't solve part of world's problems, e.g. creating jobs for Nigerians.

Imagine this proposition: every Nigerian graduate with good grades, say 4.0 or above, should create 50 or more jobs as early as 7-8 years after graduating...
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Rexnegro(m): 12:31pm On Apr 04, 2016
before I open The thread e sure me say na SW people go dominate The list

1 Like

Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by BrightEye(m): 12:32pm On Apr 04, 2016
veekbreezy:
my brava, u no fit carry two things climb ladder na...u feel am braaa?

oh, it crossed my mind. I feel am
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by baum1: 12:49pm On Apr 04, 2016
BrightEye:
I wonder why most beautiful ladies and hansome guys are dullards... undecided intelligence doesn't mind the physical beauty!

Can you point to a research supporting this claim? How did you reach this conclusion?

2 Likes

Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 04, 2016
Bambless1:
Leaders Of Tomorrow
Present leaders biko. They are on point now
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by baum1: 12:56pm On Apr 04, 2016
StarOnEarth:
That's how babcock student graduated as best MSC student in University of Ibadan
After they all claim private university student are dullard.

You're very correct..I remember this argument..I wanted to talk about it and am glad you have already said it..She went to UI and was this best there, showing that there are private school students at least on the same level as federal or state university students..I have always maintained this position because I know it's true..I've worked with some Covenant peeps and know one or two Babcock people in my industry..They're good at what they do..
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by baum1: 1:00pm On Apr 04, 2016
TheSociopath:
These people are definitely brilliant. While I don't mean to be cynical, I'd like to say that the Nigerian orientation towards job creation is faulty. We need to arise from our educational dogma which clearly pits us as job seekers, rather than job creators. Although some of them didn't attend Nigerian Universities but I won't revere their achievements if they don't solve part of world's problems, e.g. creating jobs for Nigerians.

Imagine this proposition: every Nigerian graduate with good grades, say 4.0 or above, should create 50 or more jobs as early as 7-8 years after graduating...

A PhD trains people to do research and contribution originally to existing knowledge-base or even create a brand new knowledge..I agree that a PhD can do a research that will proffer pieces of advice that if implemented will create jobs but the people whose achievements are being celebrated here are not PhD in Entrepreneur or HR or the likes..
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by TheSociopath(m): 1:15pm On Apr 04, 2016
baum1:

I am really trying to restrain from making certain comments...But my brother, all I have to say is that a PhD trains you to do research and contribution originally to existing knowledge-base or even create a brand new knowledge..I agree that a PhD can do a research that will proffer pieces of advice that if implemented will create jobs but the people whose achievements are being celebrated here are not PhD in Entrepreneur or HR or the likes..

I agree with you that a PhD is a research degree but we're different from the western world. Their PhD holders don't have to be saddled with the responsibility of creating jobs. In the US for example, during Halloween, the masks and costume sellers are being patronised rigorously. That's a job. Our social, economic and other lifestyles in Nigeria are not as diverse as the western world. We need our brightest minds to do the thinking for us. A PhD holder in the US cannot be mandated to create jobs because even the ice cream vendor earns more than the minimum wage in Nigeria.

In Singapore, PhD holders teach secondary schools. In Nigeria, why can our PhD holders be saddled with the responsibility of creating sustainable jobs? We are different, we need to think differently. BTW, how many of our PhD holders are breaking new grounds in academic research? Relatively few!
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 1:16pm On Apr 04, 2016
Dr Kolapo Muyiwa Oyebola bagged his PhD at 28. He was UNILAG's overall best PhD graduate at the last convocation ceremony.
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by lucianohase(m): 1:50pm On Apr 04, 2016
Congrates to all of them, I celebrate them all. But I celebrate people who are innovative and inventors most especially in IT. People like Seun Osewa, bill gates, Larry Page and Sergy Brin
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by omoodeogere(m): 1:51pm On Apr 04, 2016
ETHIX:
My children will also attain this in Jesus name. Amen
AMEN and my own children too
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 2:21pm On Apr 04, 2016
PHD in darkness, Lol,darkness across the land, and the midnight creatures....you know the rest.
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by pafun(m): 3:07pm On Apr 04, 2016
Yoloba no de carry last sell spare parts cool cool
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Pedagogue: 3:55pm On Apr 04, 2016
That's how babcock student graduated as best MSC student in University of Ibadan

They are many more like this, that are not well celebrated due to the sentiment on their schools.
Well who cares about sentiment when we are making money.
(Quote) (Report) 1 Like (Like) (Share)
baum1:

You're very correct..I remember this argument..I wanted to talk about it and am glad you have already said it..She went to UI and was this best there, showing that there are private school students at least on the same level as federal or state university students..I have always maintained this position because I know it's true..I've worked with some Covenant peeps and know one or two Babcock people in my industry..They're good at what they do..

With due respect to u and d OP, Dr Shodipe was not, I must emphasise, the best MSC student in UI.

Although she performed creditably well, there was a 10 point gap between her and the best graduating MSC student that year. Thus, she was the best in Babcock but not in UI. Tha[/color[color=#000099]]t is not to say she's not brilliant, but facts, being very sacred, must be preserved.

My first reaction was to ignore the misinformation but I changed my mind because I AV a duty to the academic community.

Even though I have some further reservations about the thread, disclosing them may in itself destroy everything in this thread.
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 4:11pm On Apr 04, 2016
Good One...
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by TheSociopath(m): 4:19pm On Apr 04, 2016

Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 04, 2016
Wow! they are all Science and Engineering PhDs except the last one. Let me look up their publications in Elsevier and Scopus to qualitatively analyze their inputs to our academic community.
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by jaybee3(m): 4:54pm On Apr 04, 2016
Shymm3x:

It is impossible based on the age up there. 16 year olds aren't allowed to start degree courses in the UK without A-levels, Btech, or foundation degree.

Then 4 years in Uni to study Chemical Engineering and 3 years for Ph.D.

Someone lied. The guy was most likely 24 or older when he finished, based on the age he finished sec school. Still nice though.

Karl didn't lie bro. He was in the same class with my wife at Nottingham and he was simply gifted
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by BrightEye(m): 5:05pm On Apr 04, 2016
baum1:

Can you point to a research supporting this claim? How did you reach this conclusion?

this is what I notice around any vicinity I find myself.
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by SmSolo: 5:10pm On Apr 04, 2016
This is impressive! How they manage to achieve this, considering the quantitative enormous amount of naysayers, pessimist, unhealthy academic rivalry is indeed impressive!

Lastly, education isn't wisdom and wisdom isn't education. Which ever they possess, I hope it is utilized for the sole purpose of encouraging every citizen of Nigeria, therefore, making our country a better place for us all to comfortably reside within in peace.
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Timossa(m): 5:46pm On Apr 04, 2016
This is interesting I must say. You can earned your masters degree at age 21 if you have the right set of skills and extensive research and studies. The university will represent has this platform for you.

Contact us today to earn your bachelor's and masters degree within one month. Send your message here: tolconsultancy@gmail.com
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by iroc4eva: 5:53pm On Apr 04, 2016
this is the case of a boy that has never visited another man barn .... so to him ; na him baba barn big pass.... abeg next time , tag it the youngest PhD.Holder's from s.west n north
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Salishabib: 6:28pm On Apr 04, 2016
hmmm . that awkward moment when u see people breaking PhD records and u just realize that at the same as the oldest among them, u are still struggling to get ur Bsc.
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by babyfaceafrica: 6:59pm On Apr 04, 2016
Pedagogue:

They are many more like this, that are not well celebrated due to the sentiment on their schools.
Well who cares about sentiment when we are making money.
(Quote) (Report) 1 Like (Like) (Share)

With due respect to u and d OP, Dr Shodipe was not, I must emphasise, the best MSC student in UI.

Although she performed creditably well, there was a 10 point gap between her and the best graduating MSC student that year. Thus, she was the best in Babcock but not in UI. Tha[/color[color=#000099]]t is not to say she's not brilliant, but facts, being very sacred, must be preserved.

My first reaction was to ignore the misinformation but I changed my mind because I AV a duty to the academic community.

Even though I have some further reservations about the thread, disclosing them may in itself destroy everything in this thread.

doesn't chnage the fact that private universities are underrated!!!!
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by shugaboy6102(m): 10:39pm On Apr 04, 2016
mployer:
People rushing to accumulate knowledge without making effort to APPLY the one they already have.
may ur days be long.you said it all but congrats to them it aint easy cos am 25 and am serving and i didn't even repeat a class so i guess this ones are geniuses
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 12:15am On Apr 05, 2016
Misterdhee1:

No be everybody go rich like dangote.. Are u sure these phd holders arent comfortable either?

Don't get me wrong, am only saying our kids should acquire financial knowledge simultaneously with scholastic skills!

Despite the amount the graduates produced yearly by my beloved Nigerian, we are still in this mess, why? Because most graduates just want to get a job and fail to use their creative minds in creating new things.

Your right, everybody cannot be like Dangote, but if we could add more Dangote's into our economy it would benefit us all.

Gaining a Phd is not an easy feet to achieve, but what's more important is using that acquired knowledge to make the world a better place, that's what really matters!

Sir Newton, Albert E, etc made the world a better place through their creative minds!!! Hope you get the picture!
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by piagetskinner(m): 1:47am On Apr 05, 2016
And I'm just bagging my Masters at 25...

I can't complain tho.. Thank God
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Kayswat(m): 6:19am On Apr 05, 2016
All is well with my soul, and at this age I'm still here
Re: The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) by Misterdhee1(m): 7:05am On Apr 05, 2016
Ezechinwa:

Don't get me wrong, am only saying our kids should acquire financial knowledge simultaneously with scholastic skills!

Despite the amount the graduates produced yearly by my beloved Nigerian, we are still in this mess, why? Because most graduates just want to get a job and fail to use their creative minds in creating new things.

Your right, everybody cannot be like Dangote, but if we could add more Dangote's into our economy it would benefit us all.

Gaining a Phd is not an easy feet to achieve, but what's more important is using that acquired knowledge to make the world a better place, that's what really matters!

Sir Newton, Albert E, etc made the world a better place through their creative minds!!! Hope you get the picture!
You r right my brother

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Edo University Iyamo School Fees Will Shock You (photo) / What Was Your First GPA &now Your Current CGPA / Lecturer Beats UNIZIK Student For Not Wearing Ankara (Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.