Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,729 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 04/04/16 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 04/04/16 (774 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 04/10/17 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 04/04/17 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 04/06/16 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 04/04/16 by dallyemmy: 5:22pm On Apr 03, 2016
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL...

DATE : MONDAY 4 APRIL 2016

THEME : THE ELECT OF GOD 

Memorise:

And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry
day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? Luke 18:7

Read: Colossians 3:12-17,

12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

An elect is a chosen or preferred person. In Christian parlance, an elect is someone God, by His grace, has chosen to be qualified as righteous before Him. The Bible says:

“Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God’s elect? It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth?  It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.”
Romans 8:33-34

It is a pleasant thing to be an elect of God, because He watches over His elect. He is not ashamed of them even among His holy angels, because they are doing Him proud in this pervert generation.

“But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.”
Hebrew 11:16

In the light of the above scripture, therefore, the elect of God has both a moral and scriptural obligation to live in accordance to the commandments of God. The elect is more mindful of eternal life than the ephemeral things of this life. At times he suffers trials of cruel intimidation, marginalisation, and poverty because he cannot sell his conscience for a loaf of bread. This certainly made Jesus Christ assure us in Luke 18:7

“And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?”

The above assertion of Jesus Christ is pleasantly reassuring to the elect of God who has turned his back against all forms of godlessness and wickedness. The Almighty God will always be there for all His elects provided they cry to Him in the days of trouble (Psalms 50:15).

Beloved, are you an elect of God? If not, all it takes is for you to accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour, repent of your sins and begin to live your life as approved by Jesus Christ in the gospels. I pray that the benefits of the elect shall be your portion in Jesus’ name.

Action Point:

Act upon John 3:3-5 and ask God to make you one of His elects.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR : 1 Samuel 10:17-13:7 and Proverbs 4:20-5:6

AUTHOR : Pst E. A ADEBOYE.

HYMN 12: MY HOPE IS BUILD ON NOTHING LESS

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus Christ, my righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.

Chorus:
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.

2. When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.

Chorus:

3. His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.

Chorus:

4. When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found;
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.

Chorus.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 04/04/16 by Kingslaw(m): 5:39pm On Apr 03, 2016
thanks

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 04/04/16 by farem: 8:26pm On Apr 03, 2016
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 04/04/16 by Somex10202(m): 8:32pm On Apr 03, 2016
Thank u bro for posting this a day before was just thinking about it now pls keep it up sir tanx

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 04/04/16 by dallyemmy: 8:08am On Apr 04, 2016
Prayer Points on Today's Open Heavens (Sunday April 3rd 2016).
APPOINTED DAY OF MERCY –

1.God of mercy, l worship and adore you.

2.Thank you Father for your mercy that endureth forever over my life and family.

3.Thank you Father because it is by your mercies that l have not been consumed.

4.Father, let your mercy locate me afresh today, in Jesus' name.

5.Father, in anyway l have sinned against you, have mercy and forgive me.

6.Father, let your mercy override every judgement of sin in my life, in Jesus' name.

7.Father, give me the grace and the power to live above sin and all activities of the flesh.

8.Father, let me walk in your mercy for the remaining days of my life, in Jesus' name.

9.Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me and give me testimonies.

10.Father, let the mercy, that my children and children's children, will not find difficult to walk in, be released upon my life, in Jesus' name.

11.Your Personal petitions. (Phil 4:6)
12.In Jesus' name I pray.(Jn 15:16)
13..Thank you Father for answered prayers. (1 Thes 5:18)

Prayer Points on Today's Open Heavens (Monday April 4th 2016).- THE ELECT OF GOD

1.Thank you Father for the honour and privilege to be one of your elects.

2.Thank you Father for the assurance of answered prayers for all your elects.

3.Father, in anyway l have been found wanting in the discharge of my assignment as your elect, please, have mercy and forgive me.

4.Father, please make me a worthy elect and ambassador of your kingdom.

5.Father, grant me the auction to function in the very office you have placed me.

6.Father, let me never bring shame or reproach to your name, as your elect.

7.Father, let me begin to enjoy all the benefits and privileges meant for the elect, right from this world, in Jesus' name.

8.As the elect of God, l refuse to defile myself with the filthy lucre of this world, in Jesus' name.

9.Father, release upon my life the anointing that is sufficient for the work ahead.

10.Father, arise and scatter every plan of Satan to make me compromise my faith.

11.Father, don't let me come back to you empty handed, use me to bring multitudes into your kingdom.

12.Your Personal petitions. (Phil 4:6)
13.In Jesus' name I pray.(Jn 15:16)
14.Thank you Father for answered prayers.(1 Thes 5:18).
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 04/04/16 by rexlims(m): 11:25am On Apr 04, 2016
thanks @ op for this daily devotional. God bless u richly.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 30/04/16 / Which Amongst These Comes First. Recharge Card For First Three Correct Answers / Buddhists And Rohingya Muslims.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.