Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,665 members, 7,955,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:07 AM

The Regular Gee - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Regular Gee (433 Views)

Are You A Competent Writer Cum Researcher Without A Regular Job? Come In Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Regular Gee by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 04, 2016
Here he lay on his partly covered bed like a log of wood. He rolled like a stone that gathers no moss. At about 7.30, an alarm went off in his head. Yawning and Stretching lazily, he arose from his slumber with a slight headache and a feeling of nausea; A hangover___The result of his excessive drinking the previous night. Used to the symptoms already as every pregnant woman was used to morning sickness. He took off his pajamas and went through a pile of clothes on the floor by his bed, searching for something to throw on. He was about to step out.

Walking down the street, he exchanged pleasantries with almost everyone he came across; His Peeps. He had know 'em, since he was a lad.
'Uncle Taofeek!' A voice called. He turned to see who it was. It was Bintu, The Food Vendor's daughter.
'Bintu, how are you? " Taofeek smiled broadly.
'I'm fine, Sir. Mama said I should call you to come check the freezer.' Bintu said.
'What's the matter with the freezer?' He enquired.
'I don't know o.'
'Tell her I'll come in the afternoon.'

Alas! He arrived at the Newspaper Stand at the bus-stop. The sound of slapping handshakes filled the air. The boys gathered around him, hailing him in loud voices, as it was their tradition. Soon, they were back to the papers. As usual, they'd skipped the editorial on Politics and Crime, glanced through Lifestyle and Entertainment Gists and headed to the Sports section, reading through it with undivided attention. Of course, Unnecessary arguments were the order of the day. They chatted with reckless abandon, mimicking their favorite sport personalities. They would have stayed the whole day but for the Sun, whose heat was far from being benevolent and made them rather too uncomfortable....Click link to continue....http://norerimestop..com.ng/2016/03/deja-vuthe-regular-gee.html?m=0

(1) (Reply)

UNILAG For Humanity Pic-fic Series: Peace And Joy / Shadows / 30 Days Of Poetry Season 2, Day 21, Let Time Decide (pix Inside)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.