Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,765 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences - Education (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences (245200 Views)

2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application / 2017 NDDC Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship For Postgraduate Apply Now / NDDC Foreign Scholarship For Students From Niger-Delta 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (85) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nuel1647: 12:54pm On Oct 04, 2016
Hearing the 500,000 NGN is true. Good move by NDDC. However it is not an extra scholarly allowance. It will be taken from the $30,000.
This development just started this year.

Recent (2016/2017) scholars please help me confirm this information. I want responses.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by VicWonder: 2:05pm On Oct 04, 2016
Nuel1647:
Hearing the 500,000 NGN is true. Good move by NDDC. However it is not an extra scholarly allowance. It will be taken from the $30,000.

Current scholars please help me confirm this information. I want responses.

If that's what they've said this year then I don't see the point comparing it with what was offered last year.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nuel1647: 3:47pm On Oct 04, 2016
VicWonder:

If that's what they've said this year then I don't see the point comparing it with what was offered last year.

I should have used the word "recent" instead of "current". Thanks for drawing my attention to this.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 04, 2016
My oga, double twale
Its true, and from the context I can tell that its not part of the 30k, I might be wrong tho..
Nuel1647:

Recent (2016/2017) scholars please help me confirm this information. I want responses.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nuel1647: 7:19pm On Oct 04, 2016
geobukky:
My oga, double twale
Its true, and from the context I can tell that its not part of the 30k, I might be wrong tho..

Geobukky I'm happy for you. Plenty congratulations.
Why this people never increase the 30k?
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 5:15am On Oct 05, 2016
Thanks alot,
I was actually hoping they'll increase it
It will still go a long way sha cheesy
Nuel1647:

Geobukky I'm happy for you. Plenty congratulations.
Why this people never increase the 30k?
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by tjaz: 9:50am On Oct 05, 2016
When you said it wasn't unreal earlier I was alil surprised cos I know a beneficiary last year that got the 500k. Well the 500k is supposed to be for visa processing and flight ticket and has nothing to do with the 30k dollars.
Nuel1647:

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by pueshkif(m): 10:53am On Oct 05, 2016
make 1$ per minute from anywhere in the world. http://hisprideblog..co.id
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nuel1647: 1:20pm On Oct 05, 2016
tjaz:
When you said it wasn't unreal earlier I was alil surprised cos I know a beneficiary last year that got the 500k. Well the 500k is supposed to be for visa processing and flight ticket and has nothing to do with the 30k dollars.
I am a 2014/2015 Scholar that differed till 2015. So by the time last year award was issued, I was already in the UK. So it's possible it took place last year, however, I know it did not happen in 2014, and I know many 2015/2016 scholars that did not even know about the 500k.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by mcearnie: 2:21pm On Oct 05, 2016
Good day all and congratulations to the latest awardees, I am happy for you all. Also, I must commend your efforts in sharing timely information on this thread.

I missed the application deadline the last time due to late awareness. Right now, I am already preparing to go to USA and my program starts March, 2017. I want to know if it is possible to apply for the scholarship while already a student. Can I apply even though I have started my program and paid for my first academic year?

Thanks and God bless as I await your responses.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nuel1647: 2:38pm On Oct 05, 2016
mcearnie:
Good day all and congratulations to the latest awardees, I am happy for you all. Also, I must commend your efforts in sharing timely information on this thread.

I missed the application deadline the last time due to late awareness. Right now, I am already preparing to go to USA and my program starts March, 2017. I want to know if it is possible to apply for the scholarship while already a student. Can I apply even though I have started my program and paid for my first academic year?

Thanks and God bless as I await your responses.

You will need to read the rules when the application period starts. I think it's allowed so long as you are still in your first year, but rules can change. It's a definite no no for second and third year.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by mcearnie: 2:57pm On Oct 05, 2016
Nuel1647:

You will need to read the rules when the application period starts. I think it's allowed so long as you are still in your first year, but rules can change. It's a definite no no for second and third year.
Thank you for your prompt response Si Nuel. God bless you.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by vectoh(m): 2:19pm On Oct 06, 2016
vladimirputin:
NDDC that I was afraid of happens to be the most transparent scholarship this year. I made the list friends.
pls sir,i need your active email adress..i have some questions to ask.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by vectoh(m): 2:29pm On Oct 06, 2016
agongajoseph:
Sure
i wil need ur guidelines too sir...can i have u email adress..sir.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by vladimirputin: 8:56am On Oct 08, 2016
vectoh:
pls sir,i need your active email adress..i have some questions to ask.

My email is maxbond@zoho.com
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by vectoh(m): 4:19pm On Oct 08, 2016
vladimirputin:

My email is maxbond@zoho.com
have sent a message..thanks
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Bomaate: 3:56pm On Oct 10, 2016
Pls when are they likely to pay?
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 11, 2016
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 11, 2016
Go check this out!!! Thank me later...

http://homecash.online/?ref=26469
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by TheSociopath(m): 6:36pm On Oct 21, 2016
agongajoseph:
Am presently a PhD scholar, d process was transparent, it was based on merit, thx NDDC.

Hi, please what's the name of the school and what's your course? Thanks
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 21, 2016
TheSociopath:

Hi, please what's the name of the school and what's your course? Thanks
architecture .... my skool is in Russia
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by TheSociopath(m): 6:42pm On Oct 21, 2016
agongajoseph:

Thanks. I read maths during my first degree but want to cross to the oil sector at Masters level. Please, will they accept me if I could get an admission? I'm from Ondo state
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Chigojude: 7:03pm On Oct 21, 2016
agongajoseph:

Wow...congrats Sir....I plan applying for next year...masters..for archy also..this has given me encouragement. I was thinking the courses they fund are mainly engineering. God bless NDDC!
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 7:15pm On Oct 21, 2016
Chigojude:

Wow...congrats Sir....I plan applying for next year...masters..for archy also..this has given me encouragement. I was thinking the courses they fund are mainly engineering. God bless NDDC!
can give u some tips how I did it at d interview. .. but I shud score above 35 out of 50 for a better chance.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 21, 2016
TheSociopath:

Thanks. I read maths during my first degree but want to cross to the oil sector at Masters level. Please, will they accept me if I could get an admission? I'm from Ondo state
ur chances are slim...Bsc, master and PhD shud b same field.
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Chigojude: 7:25pm On Oct 21, 2016
agongajoseph:
can give u some tips how I did it at d interview. .. but I shud score above 35 out of 50 for a better chance.

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Mayflowa(m): 3:55am On Oct 22, 2016
agongajoseph:
ur chances are slim...Bsc, master and PhD shud b same field.

Not true if you have a good reason. Mathematics is such a unique subject you can apply to every subject especially Engineering. You can state, for instant, that your thesis gave you the motivation to pursue Engineering. That you worked on the equation to predict the corrosion rate of steel pipe buried in sea water. So you really want to apply this knowledge to contribute the understanding of corrosion action in industries and save process and oil industries millions of dollars or start a consultancy service on corrosion inhibition in process industries

Something like that... grin

1 Like

Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Mayflowa(m): 3:57am On Oct 22, 2016
TheSociopath:

Read above. I have answered your question. Be aware foreign school do take sciences to their graduate Engineering degree and that include mathematics
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by TheSociopath(m): 7:14am On Oct 22, 2016
Mayflowa:

Read above. I have answered your question. Be aware foreign school do take sciences to their graduate Engineering degree and that include mathematics

Okay, that means they can offer me admission in Petroleum Engineering or any oil and gas course??
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Mayflowa(m): 7:14am On Oct 22, 2016
TheSociopath:

Okay, that means they can offer me admission in Petroleum Engineering or any oil and gas course??

of course
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by TheSociopath(m): 7:24am On Oct 22, 2016
Mayflowa:

of course

Thanks, I've always thought so. My problem now is if NDDC will give me the scholarship
Re: NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 22, 2016
Mayflowa:

Not true if you have a good reason. Mathematics is such a unique subject you can apply to every subject especially Engineering. You can state, for instant, that your thesis gave you the motivation to pursue Engineering. That you worked on the equation to predict the corrosion rate of steel pipe buried in sea water. So you really want to apply this knowledge to contribute the understanding of corrosion action in industries and save process and oil industries millions of dollars or start a consultancy service on corrosion inhibition in process industries

Something like that... grin
Calm down guy u dont understand wat I mean.....wat u did in ur Bsc shud b wat you shud do when applying for masters...and what u did in ur bsc n masters shud b wat u shud do in ur PhD when applying.....e.g it shud be Mathematics (Bsc).... Mathematics for masters .....u can't switch departments....like from Mathematics to any field of study.....at the interview you will b bounced....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (85) (Reply)

Ahmadu Bello University (A B U) Zaria, 2011/2012 Admission / NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015 / Unilag pg 2014 Discussion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.