Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,158 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Why HTML Is Not A Programming Language? Did You Agree Or Not? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why HTML Is Not A Programming Language? Did You Agree Or Not? (535 Views)

I Will Solve Your Html, Css, Php, Jquery,wordpress Issues / Only If You Would Agree To Join / How Long Did You Wait For Adsense To Connect Ur Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why HTML Is Not A Programming Language? Did You Agree Or Not? by APHATHEOLOGY(m): 3:33pm On Apr 04, 2016
Why HTML is not a Programming Language?

HTML is great!!! It defines the structure of webpages and it determines how data is displayed online.

What you’re looking at right now is HTML code, read and interpreted by your browser. But this doesn’t make HTML a programming language, but a Markup Language.

HTML is a type of markup language that encapsulates, or “marks up” data within HTML tags, which define the data and describe its purpose on the webpage.

The web browser then reads the HTML, which tells it things like which parts are headings, which parts are paragraphs, which parts are links, etc.

The HTML describes the data to the browser, and the browser then displays the data accordingly.

Programming languages have functional purposes. HTML, as a markup language doesn’t really “do” anything in the sense that a programming language does.

HTML contains no programming logic. It doesn’t have common conditional statements such as If/Else. It can’t evaluate expressions or do any math. It doesn’t handle events or carry out tasks. You can’t declare variables and you can’t write functions. It doesn’t modify or manipulate data in any way. HTML can’t take input and produce output.

Think of it this way: you can’t compute the sum of 2 + 2 in HTML; that’s not what it’s for. This is because HTML is not a programming language.

Nairalanders, what is your view about this?
Re: Why HTML Is Not A Programming Language? Did You Agree Or Not? by tr3y(m): 11:26pm On Apr 04, 2016
Every experienced programmer knows that Hyper Text Markup Language is not a programming language. It's just for structure.
Re: Why HTML Is Not A Programming Language? Did You Agree Or Not? by APHATHEOLOGY(m): 8:19pm On Apr 24, 2016
Share your view!!!
Join the Programmers forum via http://www.nct.com.ng/
#TeamNCT cares

(1) (Reply)

I Have Master Resale Rights Ebooks / I Need Someone That Can Design A Bog For Me In Enugu / Earn Unlimited N5,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.