Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,083 members, 7,835,651 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Info On Kpmg(urgent) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Info On Kpmg(urgent) (1276 Views)

What Is The Entry Level Salary For Accenture, Kpmg Pwc And Awd / Tips On Kpmg Nigeria Interviewing Process, Anyone? / Which Offer Should I Accept? Kpmg Or Pwc? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Info On Kpmg(urgent) by anastmary: 8:13pm On Nov 10, 2006
hello all,
pls i need information on KPMG as regards employment.i am a job seeker
Re: Info On Kpmg(urgent) by Honeypot1(m): 12:25am On Nov 11, 2006
Chinyere, I spent some time job hunting also, don't worry i know u will get something soonest. I would have loved to spend some time on your cv but quite busy now. If u don't mind i will do that after 17th november.

U made a very good effort in writing your cv though i have some suggestions to make:

Remove the objectives if u can. remove the royal computer academy stuff too, everyone is expected to be computer literate and so it doesn't add to your education. u can include this in your skills but don't mention the name of the computer school. in your Other Skills section, just add : Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, or u can list them e.g Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. please don't mention the computer school where u got the certificate and don't include the certificate among your credentials, nobody cares about this.

change the format of your date of birth, try using something like, 4th June, 1978. 0r 04/06/78

and please try to spend some time on your cv to make the needed corrections, your use of capitalisation is poor, i noticed some words beginning in capitals in the middle of some sentences, u have to be consistent whichever way u choose. U will definitely give a bad impression to your recruiters if your cv is littered with typos and merged words which u couldn't seperate using your space bar

there are a lot of underlined errors. u have to hit the space bar in some places, it should be NYSC and not nysc, in the work experience section, please avoid using the word "observed", it doesn't say something positive about u, u have to use some "power" verbs that indicate u were involved. explaining that Dr Onu is the ASUU chairman is unnecessary, remember to add P M B 1526 to the FUTO address and write University of Technology and not Unitech.

most employers are not interested in your personal (private life) info, so change that title to something like 'Leadership Qualities': Senior Prefect, blabla school, 19xx academic session. remove the honesty stuff and u can just say : Responsible for the payment of staff salary during internship. And before i forget, use the word internship and not placement, doesn't matter though

in my opinion i will like u to use Skills or Personality Profile instead of skills and abilities, i feel u should just list those interpersonal skills and leave out the details. those details will be needed during your interview. u can also include the details in your cover letter. if u don't know how to write a very good cover letter, try to learn, because it is a way of making a good first impression

if your SSCE was excellent, u can add something like this SSCE, 8 distinctions, 1 credit, etc

good luck
Re: Info On Kpmg(urgent) by anastmary: 5:53pm On Nov 16, 2006
hello honey pot,
thank you so much for your obsevations and suggestions.I am very grateful.I look forward to your further review after 17th.Once again,thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Nnpc Recruitment For Operator /maintenance / Contract Employment; Your Views / The Future Mathematicians(cauchy, Laplace, Riemann) Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.