Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

Nigerian Music And The Way Forward - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Music And The Way Forward (615 Views)

9 Nigerian Music Influenced Slangs And Their Meanings / Nigeria Economy Then Vs Now: Moving Forward Or Backward, Remember These Songs? / Why You Prefer Foreign Music And Genre To 9ja Afro-pop... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Music And The Way Forward by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 10:27pm On Apr 05, 2016
Hi guys,I know these nairaland moderators rarely push sensitive and educative topics to the front page but I'm taking time to write these to the few intellectual people who are reading this;its high time we have people making good music in Nigeria..I was watching some ***** concert tonight and I was so disappointed coz the whole show was just on loop,I know some people might be thinking im crazy or stupid but it we search deep down ourselves and the music library on our phone/pc,all we have is guys singing about girls,money,and some other vanity,the shows are the worst; all they do is play thier song and lipsing to it..Haba!!' in a country with over 150 million people it's a shame that we can't produce 100 people singing about reality and passing information and educating the youth coz these are the people listening to the music most.
The society we are now is full of every bad thing we could think of,and everybody is so self centered that we forget about our mindset,Naija music teaches you about sex,making money illegally,drinking Hennessy and some other expensive and highly intoxicating drinks,this is so wrong!!
I've got cousins who sing these songs and it breaks my heart to see these young generations misled by vanity songs!
We have plenty things to sing about in This country;religion( one thing destroying us lately,government( don't fear them,power belongs to the people) ,our mindset( one of our greatest problems )boko haram and so many other factors...I know the artiste in the limelight will never change but I'm imploring the upcoming ones out there to look and follow the footsteps of people like the great Fela Kuti,Femi Kuti,Asa,2face,sound sultan and host of others ..Fela was original and he is a legend so is his son Femi who has been nominated for Grammy 4 times..Asa is legendary and the host of others are a force in Naija music...Kendrick Lamar talked about things affecting the society and he got the key to his city and 7 Grammy awards in 2 years,Jcole is multi platinum and he doesn't sing about popping champagne,Meek mill talks bout bitches and he never got a Grammy nomination..think about it..GOOD music pays!
I know it's not easy to blow if you're singing good music but trust me your career and your fame will be extraordinary if you choose to be different if you sing reality other than fantasies .thanks!!
Music is entertainment but it's best if we use it to checkmate our lives!
Re: Nigerian Music And The Way Forward by chiddye(m): 9:02am On Jul 17, 2016
well said op_ the society we live in prefers mediocrity to values; look at our musicians and their quest for vanity and poor musical skills. it's a shame that we can't name artistes in naija who are giving us real value for our money
Re: Nigerian Music And The Way Forward by phamzeyy: 9:32am On Jul 17, 2016
nice one bro, I love the write up, watch out for phamzey
Re: Nigerian Music And The Way Forward by EbenzMedia: 8:33pm On Jul 17, 2016
PROMO! PROMO!! PROMO

Record a song for #8000 and get benefits like free online promotion,hypes on facebook and twitter with bbm and whatsapp broadcast. For enquiries,call 07032617747.

We also offer the following services;

¤ Music Promotion ( Caller tune, Radio/Tv promotion, Alaba mixtape/selection,interviews,Online promotion,etc

¤ Studio Configuration/Installation/System Formatting

¤ Purchase And Delivery Of Music Instruments/music studio equipments

¤ Song Writing

¤ Advert Placements

¤DJ Services

¤ Mixing and mastering

¤ Creation of beat or instrumental

¤Voice over

¤DJ Jingles

¤ Photo Shot

¤ Video editing, Video shooting/Coverage

¤ Training on music production

¤ Training on any musical instrument of your choice

¤Voice Training

¤ Graphics/Art Cover

¤ Website/Blog Creation

¤ Logo Designs

¤ Creation of artist page/business page,and all other entertainment services at very cheap and affordable prices you can't resist...We are here to render to you the best of quality service. All services are cheap and affordable. Try us and you'll be glad you did.

(1) (Reply)

Music: Clark Kinging - Put To Work Prod By @kidawarri / New Jam 'PRESSURE' / Learn Sax And Rudiment Of Music In Lagos (specifically Around Lekki And Ajah)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.