Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,484 members, 7,812,502 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Knowing More About Our World. - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Knowing More About Our World. (6429 Views)

For Those Judging People Without Knowing Their Situation / 5 Facts Worth Knowing!! / True Picture Of Our World Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Knowing More About Our World. by Explorers(m): 10:26am On Apr 07, 2016
110. Sun damage: After 28 years of driving a delivery truck.

2 Likes

Re: Knowing More About Our World. by Explorers(m): 10:29am On Apr 07, 2016
111. Ernestine Sheperd, Born in 1936, former Guiness record holder for the World’s Oldest Bodybuilder. Her diet consists of 1,700 calories a day, mostly from boiled egg whites, chicken, vegetables and a liquid eggwhite drink, and she runs about 80 miles a week; she does not take supplements (Wikipedia).

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Knowing More About Our World. by oseiwe(m): 10:53am On Apr 07, 2016
Explorers:
108. Chinese explorer Zheng He’s ship comparedto Christopher Columbus’ Santa Maria. Bothlived and sailed at the same time.
With such a small ship, d europeans r surely at d top of d pecking order! Zheng shld be called chinese naval commander, not explorer
Re: Knowing More About Our World. by pulsa(m): 12:03am On Apr 08, 2016
Explorers:
52. The United States has paved enough roads to circle the Earth over 150 times.
using stolen African resources of course
Re: Knowing More About Our World. by emorse(m): 12:47am On Apr 08, 2016
pulsa:

using stolen African resources of course
Stories that touch. Don't Africans steal from one another and transfer abroad willingly? #panamapapers

3 Likes

Re: Knowing More About Our World. by pulsa(m): 1:00am On Apr 08, 2016
emorse:

Stories that touch. Don't Africans steal from one another and transfer abroad willingly? #panamapapers
who installed this system that brought forth idiot's as leaders?
who invaded our continent and destroyed social systems in place that took thousands of years to develop?
who killed and rendered the kings useless who were not corrupt?.

My friend there is a reason Botswana is the most developed sub Saharan country, and that is because of its homogeneous ethnic nature which See's to it that their ancient social system is still in place.

My friend all other heterogeneous African countries are not developed because the ethnic groups hate themselves and hence the political climate is one with and like a chess game, and their politicians are much more interested in seizing power for their ethnic group and hence don't see the nation as they really should, they don't see it as their house.

3 Likes

Re: Knowing More About Our World. by emorse(m): 1:36am On Apr 08, 2016
pulsa:

who installed this system that brought forth idiot's as leaders?
who invaded our continent and destroyed social systems in place that took thousands of years to develop?
who killed and rendered the kings useless who were not corrupt?.

My friend there is a reason Botswana is the most developed sub Saharan country, and that is because of its homogeneous ethnic nature which See's to it that their ancient social system is still in place.

My friend all other heterogeneous African countries are not developed because the ethnic groups hate themselves and hence the political climate is one with and like a chess game, and their politicians are much more interested in seizing power for their ethnic group and hence don't see the nation as they really should, they don't see it as their house.

I don't agree sir. They were only able to do all that because they had allies. People who were willing to backstab their own kith and kin. People who sold their sons and daughters into slavery for a few pieces of silver(or whatever currency was in use then).

We are our own problems. Not the white man's ideologies. Not even our tribal or religious differences. Most countries in the west and beyond are not mono-ethnic. USA, Canada, even India (with over 640 recognised tribes) have found strength in their differences. We should do same.

5 Likes

Re: Knowing More About Our World. by pulsa(m): 10:53am On Apr 08, 2016
emorse:

I don't agree sir. They were only able to do all that because they had allies. People who were willing to backstab their own kith and kin. People who sold their sons and daughters into slavery for a few pieces of silver(or whatever currency was in use then).

We are our own problems. Not the white man's ideologies. Not even our tribal or religious differences. Most countries in the west and beyond are not mono-ethnic. USA, Canada, even India (with over 640 recognised tribes) have found strength in their differences. We should do same.

The ethnic groups sold their enemies and not their Kin's.
And America is no man's land so no one has the mentality of ownership to it.
To see the fallacy in your expectations of kin-ship look at Europe, taking into consideration the fact that it is much more homogeneous than Africa and yet those idiots can't make it work, Britain wants to be left alone, the Catalina's want to be on their own, they can't even agree on something as simple as immigration policy, now imagine England, France and Germany joined together into one country, imagine the state of utter chaos such country will experience.
We can not make it work if we are not united
And we are not united
In fact we are divided in more lines than we are united
Unlike the Yanks and Canadians who are culturally similar, a singularity that they attained by killing off to a large extent the cultures of the slaves and native american, hell in the latter they even killed off the population.

2 Likes

Re: Knowing More About Our World. by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 08, 2016
wow
Re: Knowing More About Our World. by emorse(m): 10:51pm On Apr 08, 2016
pulsa:

The ethnic groups sold their enemies and not their Kin's.
And America is no man's land so no one has the mentality of ownership to it.
To see the fallacy in your expectations of kin-ship look at Europe, taking into consideration the fact that it is much more homogeneous than Africa and yet those idiots can't make it work, Britain wants to be left alone, the Catalina's want to be on their own, they can't even agree on something as simple as immigration policy, now imagine England, France and Germany joined together into one country, imagine the state of utter chaos such country will experience.
We can not make it work if we are not united
And we are not united
In fact we are divided in more lines than we are united
Unlike the Yanks and Canadians who are culturally similar, a singularity that they attained by killing off to a large extent the cultures of the slaves and native american, hell in the latter they even killed off the population.

Are you arguing to win or for us to enlighten each other? So BLACKS sold their BLACK enemies to WHITE men? How is that even rational? Know this today. Humans will always be humans and one of the things that define us is conflicts. If its not between races, it will be between countries or states or tribes or communities or streets or next door neighbours or even within the same family. In other words, a Yoruba man will always draw a line between the Ijebus and the Oyos whenever the need arises. Same goes for the Igbo man ( the "Osus" and the "sons of the soil" ) etc.

Also, the Botswana example you gave earlier is not very correct. Botswana has at least nine(9) tribes and they are not the most developed - only the most stable.

As I said earlier, there is hardly any 100% homogenous country in the world today. None that I know of. We need to stop blaming others for our misfortunes. Successful countries have risen above their differences to fight for a common cause and until we learn to so the same, we're in for a looong thing!

3 Likes

Re: Knowing More About Our World. by saintkeppy(m): 12:22am On Apr 10, 2016
Explorers:
2. Size: Nigeria Vs the United states.
. In as much as United states is larger than Nigeria both in Landmass&population, the map shown is not fair enough cos it seems the US map is enlarged.
Re: Knowing More About Our World. by saintkeppy(m): 12:51am On Apr 10, 2016
Explorers:
53. A violin actually contains 70 separate pieces of wood.

54. The human heart can create enough pressure that it could squirt blood at adistance of thirty feet.

55. One billion seconds is about 32 years.

56. In a lifetime, an average driver will release approximately 912 pints of wind inside a car.

57. Women take three times longer than men when using the toilet.

58. Canada is an Indian word meaning "village" or "settlement."

59. The city of Seoul has been the capital city of Korea for more than 600 years

60. People who studies laughter are called a "gelotologists."
. Oga Explorer d'WORLD ENCYCLOPEDIAN i need you on ma hot seat,lol ..u have an amazin' collection of educative Topics ... i luv it&keep it up bro' ¤LIKEMINDS
Re: Knowing More About Our World. by Explorers(m): 11:18am On Apr 10, 2016
saintkeppy:
. Oga Explorer d'WORLD ENCYCLOPEDIAN i need you on ma hot seat,lol ..u have an amazin' collection of educative Topics ... i luv it&keep it up bro' ¤LIKEMINDS

Tnks bro.
Re: Knowing More About Our World. by pulsa(m): 2:49pm On Apr 10, 2016
emorse:

Are you arguing to win or for us to enlighten each other? So BLACKS sold their BLACK enemies to WHITE men? How is that even rational? Know this today. Humans will always be humans and one of the things that define us is conflicts. If its not between races, it will be between countries or states or tribes or communities or streets or next door neighbours or even within the same family. In other words, a Yoruba man will always draw a line between the Ijebus and the Oyos whenever the need arises. Same goes for the Igbo man ( the "Osus" and the "sons of the soil" ) etc.

Also, the Botswana example you gave earlier is not very correct. Botswana has at least nine(9) tribes and they are not the most developed - only the most stable.

As I said earlier, there is hardly any 100% homogenous country in the world today. None that I know of. We need to stop blaming others for our misfortunes. Successful countries have risen above their differences to fight for a common cause and until we learn to so the same, we're in for a looong thing!

I have had time to think about it and I think you have a point, but then I feel restructuring of the Nigerian government is in order.

1 Like

Re: Knowing More About Our World. by Mcoldsoja(m): 1:42am On Apr 17, 2016
Explorers:

14. A duck's quack doesn't echo anywhere, no one knows why.

http://www.snopes.com/critters/wild/duckecho.asp

1 Like

Re: Knowing More About Our World. by Mcoldsoja(m): 2:06am On Apr 17, 2016
emorse:

I gree wit yu Bros 110%.
We be our own problem. To blame oyibo for efritin na victim mentality.

2 Likes

Re: Knowing More About Our World. by emorse(m): 10:29am On Apr 17, 2016
pulsa:

I have had time to think about it and I think you have a point, but then I feel restructuring of the Nigerian government is in order.

Of course. We have to take the bull by the horn. If restructuring of the Nigerian government is the way to go, then let's start moving. Nice convo by the way.

2 Likes

Re: Knowing More About Our World. by Malayy(m): 10:02pm On Apr 21, 2016
Explorers:
24. Canada has more inland waters and lakes than any other country in the world.
thought it was finland..
Re: Knowing More About Our World. by Hakeem12(m): 10:06am On Nov 12, 2017
Explorers:
63. Adolf Hitler was one of the people that was responsible in the creation of the Volkswagen Beetle. He came up with the idea of producing a car that was cheap enough for the average German working man to afford.
Where do you search for these facts?
Re: Knowing More About Our World. by ogbiwa: 5:14pm On Nov 13, 2017
Who are these people using up precious space on Explorers thread arguing something unrelated.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Does It Cost To Advertise On Nairaland? / Lagos Deputy Gov Set For World Record / Suspected Gay Men Stripped Naked In Imo State (pics)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.