Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,910 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Hilarious But True Life Of A Nigerian University Student (pictures) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hilarious But True Life Of A Nigerian University Student (pictures) (52933 Views)

This Caption Is Hilarious, But Very True. Lol / Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? / Nigerian Lecturers Enter Their Students-Made Airplane : Funny But True (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hilarious But True Life Of A Nigerian University Student (pictures) by politricks: 7:46am On Apr 07, 2016
smithmadu:
Hmmmmm... Surprised at your comment. If its that easy or you were the serious and intelligent type, why didn't you target first class? There are soo many reasons why people fail not just because they are dull or unserious! Please change your mindset. You really and cannot always be better than those you described as dull people. Also, all 100levels students hope or target first class initially just as the OP said except you were what you described others from SS. No offence
Thank you for your comment but let us look at it from another angle, those that finished with first class or second class upper, were they not nigerian students?. Look, i am not trying to sound proud or abusive but the topic generalised which i don't like hence my comment.

1 Like

Re: Hilarious But True Life Of A Nigerian University Student (pictures) by Kayceewyte(m): 7:58am On Apr 07, 2016
politricks:
Go the nearest filling station in your area and tell them 'politricks' said that he is not dull and unserious, trust me they will sell fuel for you free of charge. Try it and get back to me.
grin
politricks:
Go the nearest filling station in your area and tell them 'politricks' said that he is not dull and unserious, trust me they will sell fuel for you free of charge. Try it and get back to me.
Re: Hilarious But True Life Of A Nigerian University Student (pictures) by seyitony1(m): 8:04am On Apr 07, 2016
Academic excellence is overrated! Did I just say that? Oh, yes, I said it.
Being top of your class does not necessarily guarantee that you will be at the top of life.
You could graduate as the best student in Finance but it doesn’t mean you will make more money than everybody else.
The best graduating Law student does not necessarily become the best lawyer.
The fact is life requires more than the ability to understand a concept, memorize it and reproduce it in an exam.
School rewards people for their memory. Life rewards people for their imagination.
School rewards caution, life rewards daring.
School hails those who live by the rules. Life exalts those who break the rules and set new ones.

So do I mean people shouldn’t study hard in school? Oh, no, you should. But don’t sacrifice every other thing on the altar of First Class. Don’t limit yourself to the classroom. Do something practical.

Take a leadership position.

Start a business and fail. That’s a better Entrepreneurship 101.

Join or start a club.

Contest an election and lose. It will teach something Political Science 101 will not teach you.

Attend a seminar.

Read books outside the scope of your course.

Go on missions and win a soul for eternal rewards…
Do something you believe in!

Think less of becoming an excellent student but think more of becoming an excellent person. Make the world ur classroom!”
- Prof. Abioye Isaac

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hilarious But True Life Of A Nigerian University Student (pictures) by NeuroBoss(m): 8:27am On Apr 07, 2016
ClassCaptain:
Where my unilorites at ! grin

We're here...repping Zoology class of 2011....so true for Unilorin
Re: Hilarious But True Life Of A Nigerian University Student (pictures) by NeuroBoss(m): 8:29am On Apr 07, 2016
mytime24:
C'est vrai

Parlez-vous la langue de Voltaire?
Re: Hilarious But True Life Of A Nigerian University Student (pictures) by NeuroBoss(m): 8:29am On Apr 07, 2016
mytime24:
C'est vrai

Parlez-vous la langue de Voltaire?
Re: Hilarious But True Life Of A Nigerian University Student (pictures) by xpirence: 8:58am On Apr 07, 2016
laugh want kill me here, guys pls stop posting oooh, and save me from falling down from my desk, even my boss is like Mr..... what is that!
Re: Hilarious But True Life Of A Nigerian University Student (pictures) by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 07, 2016
seyitony1:
Academic excellence is overrated! Did I just say that? Oh, yes, I said it.
Being top of your class does not necessarily guarantee that you will be at the top of life.
You could graduate as the best student in Finance but it doesn’t mean you will make more money than everybody else.
The best graduating Law student does not necessarily become the best lawyer.
The fact is life requires more than the ability to understand a concept, memorize it and reproduce it in an exam.
School rewards people for their memory. Life rewards people for their imagination.
School rewards caution, life rewards daring.
School hails those who live by the rules. Life exalts those who break the rules and set new ones.

So do I mean people shouldn’t study hard in school? Oh, no, you should. But don’t sacrifice every other thing on the altar of First Class. Don’t limit yourself to the classroom. Do something practical.

Take a leadership position.

Start a business and fail. That’s a better Entrepreneurship 101.

Join or start a club.

Contest an election and lose. It will teach something Political Science 101 will not teach you.

Attend a seminar.

Read books outside the scope of your course.

Go on missions and win a soul for eternal rewards…
Do something you believe in!

Think less of becoming an excellent student but think more of becoming an excellent person. Make the world ur classroom!”
- Prof. Abioye Isaac

Nice write up, to inspire those who has failed or is failing in school.

To those doing well, be a master in what is in front of you now.
Get rewarded for your memory.
God gave everyone an imagination, when its time to use it, you don't need school for that.
After school you can start a business an fail, but right now focus on a business that's in front of you; Your studies.

To those who are struggling to maintain their grades; don't allow anyone convince you that success in life is not about school thus making you lacadesical with your studies. He who is faithful in little, shall be faithful in many. Try now and be faithful with your studies, and when you out there you will be blessed in many irrespective of what you graduate with.

To all, reading habit is dieing in Africa, so don't spend time convincing anyone that books is not all it takes.
Most of the great innovators and billionaire might never had finished school, but there were masters at something. Check it
Bill Gate ,Mark Zuk, Steve Job, etc. They had a skill to sell. And we can acquire skills by reading and learning.
Therefore, I urge, study hard if you are in school for a BSc, get the best. If you don't need it after wards, burn it.
If its not school you want, if you feel they reward memory, go and build your imagination outside it and chase your dreams.

By
Someone who loves his parent and refuse to fail after they've sent such much money to send him to school and up keep.

1 Like

Re: Hilarious But True Life Of A Nigerian University Student (pictures) by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 07, 2016
nna I'm hairy and I love hairy ladies
That said.
How much is feel now
Re: Hilarious But True Life Of A Nigerian University Student (pictures) by wheezyoung(m): 12:51pm On Apr 07, 2016
tombravo:
nna I'm hairy and I love hairy ladies
That said.
How much is feel now
wrong thread grin grin
Re: Hilarious But True Life Of A Nigerian University Student (pictures) by sirTesco(m): 5:05pm On Apr 07, 2016
lekposh:
If you're in OAU - better still, biochemistry. You'd start targeting a 3rd class right from your 1st semester 100 level results...
Its a lie bro, I'm a biochem student.
There is nothing there so stop miseducating d public dat BCH is very tough, though challenging but u can overcome.
Better luck
Re: Hilarious But True Life Of A Nigerian University Student (pictures) by PheezyLee(m): 5:06pm On Apr 07, 2016
sirTesco:

No, its an institution of higher learning that u cannot attend due to ur low brain power.
Kpele

Lol...u a f^ck boi, na Harvard??

FYI, i attended an institution dtz much more reckoned with! tongue
Re: Hilarious But True Life Of A Nigerian University Student (pictures) by sirTesco(m): 5:12pm On Apr 07, 2016
optimusmind:

Nice write up, to inspire those who has failed or is failing in school.

To those doing well, be a master in what is in front of you now.
Get rewarded for your memory.
God gave everyone an imagination, when its time to use it, you don't need school for that.
After school you can start a business an fail, but right now focus on a business that's in front of you; Your studies.

To those who are struggling to maintain their grades; don't allow anyone convince you that success in life is not about school thus making you lacadesical with your studies. He who is faithful in little, shall be faithful in many. Try now and be faithful with your studies, and when you out there you will be blessed in many irrespective of what you graduate with.

To all, reading habit is dieing in Africa, so don't spend time convincing anyone that books is not all it takes.
Most of the great innovators and billionaire might never had finished school, but there were masters at something. Check it
Bill Gate ,Mark Zuk, Steve Job, etc. They had a skill to sell. And we can acquire skills by reading and learning.
Therefore, I urge, study hard if you are in school for a BSc, get the best. If you don't need it after wards, burn it.
If its not school you want, if you feel they reward memory, go and build your imagination outside it and chase your dreams.

By
Someone who loves his parent and refuse to fail after they've sent such much money to send him to school and up keep.

Re: Hilarious But True Life Of A Nigerian University Student (pictures) by sirTesco(m): 5:16pm On Apr 07, 2016
PheezyLee:

Lol...u a f^ck boi, na Harvard??

FYI, i attended an institution dtz much more reckoned with! tongue
U are probably living on past glory.
Who told u ur institution is more known?
I can bet anything that u didn't graduate with a grade higher than 2.2 or probably a pass degree if u even graduate at all.
By their fruit we shall know them.
U are are dull, poor and proud.
Y u mumu like dis?
Re: Hilarious But True Life Of A Nigerian University Student (pictures) by PheezyLee(m): 5:24pm On Apr 07, 2016
sirTesco:

U are probably living on past glory.
Who told u ur institution is more known?
I can bet anything that u didn't graduate with a grade higher than 2.2 or probably a pass degree if u even graduate at all.
By their fruit we shall know them.
U are are dull, poor and proud.
Y u mumu like dis?

Empty barrell makes much noise... i had a 2:1 dude, in an engineering discipline &i can bet it yuar still in secondary school then. Learn how to tlk 2pple u blockhead!
Re: Hilarious But True Life Of A Nigerian University Student (pictures) by Nobody: 6:14am On Apr 08, 2016
[quote author=sirTesco post=44494988][/quote]
Gracias grin
Re: Hilarious But True Life Of A Nigerian University Student (pictures) by calculator123(m): 11:33am On Apr 11, 2016
franugo:

Hian, make we like ur comment cos 2day na ur babe bday?? guy u well so e no beta 2 just join d 'like my post 4 no reason' crewgrin
hmmm.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Dozen Words That Even The Most Educated Nigerians Use Or Interpret Wrongly / WAEC Result Of The Girl Electrocuted In Lagos After Writing WAEC / See The Kind Of School Bus Conveying These Pupils To School (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.