Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Top 5 Nigerian Soups The Whole World Should Know And Love - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Top 5 Nigerian Soups The Whole World Should Know And Love (1921 Views)

Top Five Tasty Nigerian Soups For Tourists / 4 Delicious Soups To Relish When In Edo / 5 Nigerian Stews, Sauces You Can Make Without Tomatoes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Nigerian Soups The Whole World Should Know And Love by phensbassey: 3:12pm On Apr 06, 2016
1. Oha soup. The soup is prepared with a cocoyam and oha leaf. It is rich in vitamin B6 and magnesium. So it is very good, even for pregnant women. The soup also controls high blood pressure and protects the heart and lungs. By the way, this is the most delicious soup, according to Forbes Nigeria .

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups The Whole World Should Know And Love by phensbassey: 3:13pm On Apr 06, 2016
2. Bitter leaf soup. The soup has antioxidants that help fight against cancer growth. It also reduces the sugar level and helps the kidney and pancreas to function well.

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups The Whole World Should Know And Love by phensbassey: 3:15pm On Apr 06, 2016
3. Edikang Ikong soup. It is an ancient soup that originated from the south part of Nigeria. It contains fresh vegetables (onion, pumpkin, tomatoes) and other condiments. It is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, so it aids vision, reduces the risk of stroke, as well as the risk of rheumatism and arthritis.

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups The Whole World Should Know And Love by phensbassey: 3:19pm On Apr 06, 2016
Egusi soup.
Egusi soup or melon seed soup is one of the
most popular meals in Nigeria. It contains
protein and fats, vitamins A and C, so it plays
an important role in a vision, reproduction, a
bones and teeth formation.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups The Whole World Should Know And Love by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 06, 2016
I will only eat these if it's all chili free...coz iv tried the tomato soup once in kuala lumpur ,but I cried coz the chilis are partying lively in the soup cry cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups The Whole World Should Know And Love by phensbassey: 3:23pm On Apr 06, 2016
5. Ewedu soup (it is called
Ogbono in the East, and
Ayoyo in the North).
The soup primarily consists of jute leaves as
well as saluyot leaves. So it is a good source
of dietary fibers. Also, these leaves are used to
treat gonorrhea, fever and piles.

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups The Whole World Should Know And Love by Ezedon(m): 3:25pm On Apr 06, 2016
I'm in love with all of them

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups The Whole World Should Know And Love by Yuneehk(f): 3:50pm On Apr 06, 2016
I love them all cheesy. As for the oha, I'll rather use achi than ede(cocoyam)

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups The Whole World Should Know And Love by Chomsky1967(f): 4:28pm On Apr 06, 2016
phensbassey:
5. Ewedu soup (it is called
Ogbono in the East, and
Ayoyo in the North).
The soup primarily consists of jute leaves as
well as saluyot leaves. So it is a good source
of dietary fibers. Also, these leaves are used to
treat gonorrhea, fever and piles.
Ewedu is not ogbono! They are two different soups.

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups The Whole World Should Know And Love by DEIFIED(m): 7:17am On Apr 07, 2016
Egusi soup is my favourite anytime anyday.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Soups The Whole World Should Know And Love by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 07, 2016
Chomsky1967:

Ewedu is not ogbono! They are two different soups.

I was almost confused o! undecided undecided
Whether na me no sabi again. embarassed

(1) (Reply)

See The Eggs I Bought For 100 Naira (pics) / How To Make Fresh Orange Juice - Naija Style / Which Of These Beverages Is Your Favorite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.