Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,673 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Making Nairaland Better: Seun, Here Are Some Advice For You. - Web Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Market / Making Nairaland Better: Seun, Here Are Some Advice For You. (558 Views)

Top Web Hosting Tips And Advice For Bloggers And Website Owners / Advice For A Happy Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Making Nairaland Better: Seun, Here Are Some Advice For You. by Nobody: 2:03am On Apr 07, 2016
Hello @Seun!
If you have logged on to facebook today, Mark Zukerberg just added another feature to facebook. Through this, he is making facebook more useful and expanding communication. When i saw that, what came to my mind was you, @Seun, and Nairaland. I just think there are ways through which you can expand interaction too.

There is a new part i think you should add to Nairaland. It should be called "My world". This part will have to be like the conventional social media sites that one could upload his experiences either through typed words, video, audio or pictures. One should be able to send instant messages to the people that are following him and he is also following. You can also give greater control of this part to the indicidual member. He should be able to decide if he wants to remain anonymous or not, to a particular person he allows to join him in "his world".

The benefits of this are:

1. one would have the benefit of being on an online forum where he can keep in touch with discussions on current affairs and issues of life in general, and still be able to have a type of conventional social media for more intimate and profound interaction.

2. There are those who meet here on Nairaland and when they want to take their friendship further, would go to other less anonymous social media to meet. By the time you create this "My world", you will be keeping this group of Nairalanders.

The "My world" button should be somewhere along side the "mention", "likes and share" etc buttons.

I do not think Nairaland should remain essentially the same after over 10 years of existence.

Try this and lets see how useful Nairaland would become for people to use.

And please, wether or not this advice is useful to you, leave a reply to show you've read it. It could be a blank reply or just a "thank you" or a full-stop. It won't be very encouraging, and i won't feel appreciated if you don't read and indicate you've read it.

Good luck!

Craziebone
Re: Making Nairaland Better: Seun, Here Are Some Advice For You. by Nobody: 2:07am On Apr 07, 2016
please Mod, don't take this thread to front page. I carefully sellect this double sub section to post this just to make sure not just any dumb person will come in here and spoil it.
Re: Making Nairaland Better: Seun, Here Are Some Advice For You. by IamRespected: 2:34am On Apr 07, 2016
Ogbeni just go to the front page scroll down and u will see mail supermods and write all this, I wonder why u must create a thread
Re: Making Nairaland Better: Seun, Here Are Some Advice For You. by Nobody: 3:01am On Apr 07, 2016
IamRespected:
Ogbeni just go to the front page scroll down and u will see mail supermods and write all this, I wonder why u must create a thread

learn how to talk to people, please. If i had know there was a more appropriate way, you think i would have done this?
Re: Making Nairaland Better: Seun, Here Are Some Advice For You. by Xclusivegrin007(m): 3:12am On Apr 07, 2016
This doesn't make any sense... Walai
Re: Making Nairaland Better: Seun, Here Are Some Advice For You. by mercenary: 4:43am On Apr 07, 2016
This make a lotta sense... Advice no be curse
Re: Making Nairaland Better: Seun, Here Are Some Advice For You. by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 07, 2016
Xclusivegrin007:
This doesn't make any sense... Walai

what are the flaws in it?

(1) (Reply)

Web Development Training ( Php / Mysql ) / Free Domain Names / Hosting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.