Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,799 members, 7,817,308 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

University Of Ibadan Expels Postgraduate Student - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan Expels Postgraduate Student (20167 Views)

UNILAG Lecturer Stabs Postgraduate Student (Photo) / Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) / Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan Expels Postgraduate Student by ayo0147(m): 12:45pm On Apr 07, 2016
@op... While did u choose to carry another man problem.. Is he the first person to be cuaght on the act and got expelled? undecided..... Better mind ur fucking business instead of tarnishing pple image.... He has his own life to live....... And mind u.. Even some so called lecturer still use expol when doing their masters or phd... Leave that matter joor grin
Re: University Of Ibadan Expels Postgraduate Student by BornnAgainChild(f): 12:47pm On Apr 07, 2016
neocortex:

Is that the specialty of born agains ?

One of them
Re: University Of Ibadan Expels Postgraduate Student by holluphemydavid(m): 12:54pm On Apr 07, 2016
We dnt nid to embrace malpractice, let's call ya spade a spade, everybody knws dat d penalty for such act is expulsion, but people will still go-ahead and do it, after dey will dent d image of d family, smh
Re: University Of Ibadan Expels Postgraduate Student by habsydiamond(m): 1:05pm On Apr 07, 2016
So all that huge sum of money he paid are just for him to be expelled. E beeru Olorun oooo
Re: University Of Ibadan Expels Postgraduate Student by babyfaceafrica: 1:07pm On Apr 07, 2016
And they won't refund all his fees. Abi?..this people sef..suspension would have been better...chai$...well God they....let him try his luck elsewhere!!!
Re: University Of Ibadan Expels Postgraduate Student by brojoshua: 1:07pm On Apr 07, 2016
ibadanfinest:

Tempering justice with mercy should only occur for undergraduate offender not postgraduate. I don't think the sentence is too severe.
[color=#006600][/color]
It is good for him and it is the right judgment. Others will hear of it fear doing such evil things. If one has been cheating say from secondary school to undergraduate and then to postgraduate education and escaping but now God Himself caught him and he is rightly disciplined, is anybody complaining that the judgment or punishment is too harsh. Should we just be educating criminals and putting in the society. Are we only interested in education and not more in morality and integrity. And are not the criminals that Nigeria educated and put in the society that are mainly destroying her now and most of these destroyers even attended free education including the Nigerian false pastors. And all these my God will also trouble for they are seriously troubling the country. When shall we learn our lessons in Nigeria and know and apply true justice. May be if most of the people who have became dangerous looters and criminals and are occupying great positions in governments and other places in Nigeria including the churches had been checked from their secondary and undergraduate days, may be Nigerian's situation would not have been this had now. Thank you

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Expels Postgraduate Student by AfroKnight: 1:21pm On Apr 07, 2016
Now we know how he obtained his BSc. It is funny how people call out the authorities for punishing him. This guy knew the consequences of malpractice yet he went ahead.
Re: University Of Ibadan Expels Postgraduate Student by glamz007(m): 1:22pm On Apr 07, 2016
ibadanfinest:

That should be around June.
Tnx
Re: University Of Ibadan Expels Postgraduate Student by glamz007(m): 1:25pm On Apr 07, 2016
BornnAgainChild:

Ask Buhari grin
The guy no dey 9ja
Re: University Of Ibadan Expels Postgraduate Student by Oshotse21(m): 1:35pm On Apr 07, 2016
May be na expo him take graduate in the first place.
Re: University Of Ibadan Expels Postgraduate Student by Goodeeman: 1:43pm On Apr 07, 2016
Everybody is guilty of all sorts of offences but the one caught seems to be the only offender.
Re: University Of Ibadan Expels Postgraduate Student by Nobody: 1:51pm On Apr 07, 2016
Please what is the difference between post graduate and under graduate. undecided
Re: University Of Ibadan Expels Postgraduate Student by GboyegaD(m): 1:59pm On Apr 07, 2016
garyaustin:
They should have cautioned him and may be a lighter sentence of suspension instead of expulsion. He is a first offender and has admitted guilt. Let justice be tempered with mercy.

Was he forced to attend graduate school? I think expulsion is too little a punishment for such offence particularly at graduate school level.
Re: University Of Ibadan Expels Postgraduate Student by GboyegaD(m): 2:05pm On Apr 07, 2016
With the response and feelers I get from comments on here, I don't see a better Nigeria in the nearer future. Who begs that an offender shouldn't be served justice
Re: University Of Ibadan Expels Postgraduate Student by PastorFire: 2:21pm On Apr 07, 2016
Malpractice at postgraduate level Nawa 4 dat guy o

Apparently, his undergraduate life went with him to his second degree
Re: University Of Ibadan Expels Postgraduate Student by opeoluwa2(f): 2:54pm On Apr 07, 2016
The fear of SDC made me behaved back then.

It's a body of no secondchance.
Re: University Of Ibadan Expels Postgraduate Student by bigmurphee: 2:55pm On Apr 07, 2016
It is a long standing rule n culture,promulgated even b4 some of d disciplinary members were born.Right fr d school gates to all nooks n crannies of UI..They sing d song everyday..no rum to cut corners particularly exam malpractice..no mercy....no 2nd chance...if u ar caught...na OYO u dey.....may God help us
Re: University Of Ibadan Expels Postgraduate Student by BornnAgainChild(f): 4:29pm On Apr 07, 2016
[quote author=glamz007 post=44488766] The guy no dey 9ja

Ahh.....na I'm sabi be that oo
Re: University Of Ibadan Expels Postgraduate Student by OkoAnike(m): 4:41pm On Apr 07, 2016
deeplow:
U.i doesn't take cases like that lightly. 100 level students were expelled for similar offences. It is shameful for a Masters student to do that.

U must be a UITES, GREATEST OF THE GREATEST UITES... I rep 2012
Re: University Of Ibadan Expels Postgraduate Student by Iykelawrence: 4:43pm On Apr 07, 2016
Well deserved recompense for his act
Re: University Of Ibadan Expels Postgraduate Student by mevisbleek: 4:43pm On Apr 07, 2016
[quote author=LadyVerah post=44487348]honestly, the punishment was too severe... [/quote

He was caught cheating: Nigerians says the punishment is severe.

Actress kill person: Nigerians say I beg na

Yahoo boys dupe person: Nigerians say, free them na they are only trying to feed.

Politicians thief: Nigerians say, free am na atleast him no kill person.

The student in question would have read his handbook to know that exam malpractice is a serious offense. Even something as little as plagiarism can lead to expulsion.

Na I beg, biko, kPele dey kill this country. If u commit an offense you go in for it and others will know not to commit such offense.
Re: University Of Ibadan Expels Postgraduate Student by oluwafemi3790(m): 5:44pm On Apr 07, 2016
That serves him right
Re: University Of Ibadan Expels Postgraduate Student by glamz007(m): 6:31pm On Apr 07, 2016
[quote author=BornnAgainChild post=44493897][/quote]Lol
Re: University Of Ibadan Expels Postgraduate Student by Blakenails(m): 11:07pm On Apr 07, 2016
In criminal offences you don't plead liability rather you plead guilty or not guilty
Re: University Of Ibadan Expels Postgraduate Student by ILEGHIT: 8:25am On Apr 08, 2016
abegi,mowi hear word.
u.i is filled with DIE HARD SADISTIC PROFS who take pleasure in casting student esp on malpractice .
d only school where everything is programmed by sadists,sad environment,rules dey everywhere
other schools.highest maybe dem go destroy the caculator or change im seat,tear im script,give am fresh one.
lai lai,dem dey happy say dem don cast one postgraduate student,den run come nairaland come post am.
smh

if una won enjoy life,make una avoid schls like u.i

asif say na by Masters or shit,in a country where na by who you know go determine your salary and your future.
Jona no cheat us,sai baba no dey cheat us,
apc never scam us reach.

dumb school,with lots of children in it,who dress like fools,social life...zero...all dey no na to dey cram book,carry them go town go flex,dem go dey behave like mumu,dey wear stockings inside rubber slippers dey form swagg.
smh
while dia girls dey carry cheap phones,dem get bag,but no dem wan show the whole world say na uk turn naija use iphone 6 dem dey carry.

dem no born any ui student make he or she go buy samsung s7,no level
apako school
Re: University Of Ibadan Expels Postgraduate Student by Atom4s(m): 4:41am On Apr 09, 2016
EMMYB0Y:
this kind of issue happens when that old witch in your village finally remember your name
you should have sat down to think before posting this
Re: University Of Ibadan Expels Postgraduate Student by Atom4s(m): 4:43am On Apr 09, 2016
oluwafemi3790:
That serves him right
Re: University Of Ibadan Expels Postgraduate Student by Atom4s(m): 4:46am On Apr 09, 2016
PastorFire:
Malpractice at postgraduate level Nawa 4 dat guy o

Apparently, his undergraduate life went with him to his second degree
it's not your fault. You weren't in his class so you donno what really happened. You just read a piece and you are making silly comments
Re: University Of Ibadan Expels Postgraduate Student by Atom4s(m): 4:49am On Apr 09, 2016
GboyegaD:

Was he forced to attend graduate school? I think expulsion is too little a punishment for such offence particularly at graduate school level.
add your own punishment now.
Re: University Of Ibadan Expels Postgraduate Student by GboyegaD(m): 7:05am On Apr 09, 2016
Atom4s:
add your own punishment now.

I don't have to. I have started my opinion though.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vice Chancellors’ Wives Plan Turkey Trip Amid ASUU Strike / UNICAL Students Protest Hike Of Tuition Fees By 100% / Muhammad Kiru: Kano Will Cancel Third Term If Private Schools Don’t Reduce Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.