Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,508 members, 7,854,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 11:59 AM

Surrender Your All To Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Surrender Your All To Jesus (388 Views)

Pastor David Ibiyeomie Leads Cultists To Christ As They Surrender Their Weapons. / Man Compares Magician Who 'Walks In The Air' To Jesus (Photos) / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Surrender Your All To Jesus by yommyuk: 6:09am On Apr 08, 2016
Recently I was talking with a colleague about his spiritual life. When I asked, “Are you saved?” he answered, “No, but I’m working at it.” When I pressed him, he explained that he was making some changes in his life. He had given up smoking and drinking, among other things. I knew I should help him understand a few important principles, as he was making some incorrect assumptions.

This gentleman needed to realize that what we do or what we give up for Jesus doesn’t amount to much. The Lord isn’t looking for people who change a few habits by sheer force of will; He’s calling people to surrender themselves to Him. The only action God expects of a seeker is to believe in Jesus—that He is who He says, He will do what He says, He has the authority to forgive, and He will equip His people to live a godly life. Because of those convictions, a new Christian is empowered to turn away from his old life—in other words, to repent—and begin the process of becoming “a new creature” (2 Cor. 5:17).

We don’t evolve into a saved people by deleting old habits and instituting better religious ones; we are transformed by the saving power of Jesus Christ when we believe in Him.

Since salvation isn’t something we earn, no one can boast before God. All of our moral living, good deeds, and strenuous efforts to change bad habits amount to a pile of trash, compared to the holiness of Jesus Christ (Isa. 64:6). Only His righteousness can cover our sins and make us right before the Father.

Matthew 16:24-27
Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul? For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

Romans 12:1
I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.

Psalm 9:10
And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you.

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink
Re: Surrender Your All To Jesus by ifeanyi83(m): 7:09am On Apr 08, 2016
God bless....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Anne Graham Lotz: God's Judgement Is Coming On America / Picture Of The Day / Our Daily Bread Saturday April 30 2016 <*> Doing Right In God's Sight<*>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.