Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Girl With Nigerian Ethnicity Breaking Stereotypes - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Girl With Nigerian Ethnicity Breaking Stereotypes (483 Views)

Fifa Cancels Nigeria-cameroun Match. There Will Be A Replay With Nigerian Only / The Girl With 9 A1 On Waec Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Girl With Nigerian Ethnicity Breaking Stereotypes by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 08, 2016
AP) — For the second time in as many years, a student at suburban New York's Elmont Memorial High School has been accepted at all eight Ivy League universities.

Augusta Uwamanzu-Nna has until May 1 to decide whether she'll attend one of the prestigious northeastern universities. She also can choose from Johns Hopkins University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, New York University and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.

"My recent accomplishments reflect the hardworking ideals of the town of Elmont, my supportive parents and my dedicated teachers. I am elated but most importantly I am thankful," said the 17-year-old valedictorian with a 101.64 weighted grade-point average.

Last year, Elmont's Harold Ekeh chose Yale from among the 13 universities where he was accepted.

"We have been flying under the radar for years but there are some really great things happening here," Caron Cox, chairwoman of pupil personnel services at Elmont Memorial High School, told Newsday.

(1) (Reply)

Buy Degree. Buy The University Of Sheffield Degree With Watermark Online / UNIZIK 2016/2017 Aspirants For Civil-engineering/computer Engineering. / Pls I Need Your Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.