Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,453 members, 7,830,240 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Pope To Church: Welcome Divorcees, Gay Community - CNN - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope To Church: Welcome Divorcees, Gay Community - CNN (589 Views)

Catholic Bishops Invite Pope To Visit Nigeria Over Herdsmen Killings / RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope To Church: Welcome Divorcees, Gay Community - CNN by Jaymaxxy(m): 3:23pm On Apr 08, 2016
Pope Francis put his shoulder to the doors of the Catholic Church and shoved them open a little wider Friday, calling for the church to be more tolerant in practice while not changing any official doctrines.

He urged priests around the world to be more accepting of gays and lesbians, divorced Catholics and other people living in what the church considers "irregular" situations.
"A pastor cannot feel that it is enough simply to apply moral laws ... as if they were stones to throw at people's lives," Francis writes in a sweeping paper outlining his stance on family matters.
He urges more common sense and less unthinking following of rules.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/08/europe/vatican-pope-family/index.html
Re: Pope To Church: Welcome Divorcees, Gay Community - CNN by TANTUMERGO007(m): 3:26pm On Apr 08, 2016
don't get it wrong, the POPE can never support gay but he is only saying they shouldn't be condemned just like CHRIST didn't condemn them. though i hate them with passion lipsrsealed
Re: Pope To Church: Welcome Divorcees, Gay Community - CNN by KEZDON(m): 3:34pm On Apr 08, 2016
Hmmmmmm, No discrimination, Looking up to Christ Jesus.......
Re: Pope To Church: Welcome Divorcees, Gay Community - CNN by wordbank(m): 3:57pm On Apr 08, 2016
I don't discriminate and I only live to fulfil God's plan
Be fruitful and multiple
Replenish and subdue the earth
Have dominion
So why so someone fight for me?

(1) (Reply)

Overcoming Spiritual Wives And Husbands / Hilarious Church Picture I Came Across Today (photo) / What Is Christianity? Check Out This Simple Explanation (Video).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.