Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! (63933 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 15, 2009
HNIC:

Why isn't Vanilla Ice in the team

If you are referring to RvP he seems to have picked up a knock.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by mukina2: 3:29pm On Sep 15, 2009
ahonohai:

almunia
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 3:32pm On Sep 15, 2009
ahonohai:

I was referring to Almunia.
BTW, what happened to RVP?
Did Ade dislocate his jaw grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 15, 2009
mukina2:

almunia
grin Ah the joke is on me now!!!

The boss says he's sick! At first I thought, as in sick in the head?

He seems to have a chest infection. . .now the h8rs will say he has Swine Flu.

I wonder how they'll line up tomorrow. We've got to control that midfield from start to finish. Those guys dealt with Liverpool last year and almost knocked them out of qualifying oh! Tommy boy should know a thing or two about them!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by ayusman16(m): 3:36pm On Sep 15, 2009
~Sauron~:

Demon possessed = possessed by demon

Your Arsenal team failed to win at OT and you expect Man City to roast us?
Do you think with your rectum?

Nope. But i think with ur spleen.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by mukina2: 3:40pm On Sep 15, 2009
ahonohai:

grin Ah the joke is on me now!!!

The boss says he's sick! At first I thought, as in sick in the head?

He seems to have a chest infection. . .now the h8rs will say he has Swine Flu.

I wonder how they'll line up tomorrow. We've got to control that midfield from start to finish. Those guys dealt with Liverpool last year and almost knocked them out of qualifying oh! Tommy boy should know a thing or two about them!
LOL grin
if its Almunia with the chest infection . .we all remember Lehmann's own 'injury' after his slip ups grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by nateevs(m): 3:42pm On Sep 15, 2009
ahonohai:

Nope! He picked up a stamp grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Krayola2(m): 3:49pm On Sep 15, 2009
shocked tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 3:51pm On Sep 15, 2009
ayusman16:

Nope. But i think with your spleen.

How can u think with someone else's spleen??
Is it because yours is now corrupt?? grin cheesy

Here we go again. . . . . .Arsenal's campaign in Europe.
Another SO NEAR, YET SO FAR journey for the poofs at the Emirates.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by ayusman16(m): 3:53pm On Sep 15, 2009
~Sauron~:

How can u think with someone else's spleen??
Is it because yours is now corrupt?? grin cheesy

I think so that was why i had to borrow urs and it sure aint better.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 3:56pm On Sep 15, 2009
~Sauron~:

Chei.
Even before the first ball is kicked tongue
Biased Soul grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by mukina2: 3:59pm On Sep 15, 2009
Ayusman and Sharon
oya e don do tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by dayokanu(m): 4:00pm On Sep 15, 2009
E never do o

ADEBAYOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR REIGNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

ASSSSSSSSSSAANAAALLLLLLLLLLL is USELESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by chic2pimp(m): 4:00pm On Sep 15, 2009
GAYNERRSSSS Braaaapppppppp Braappppppppppp
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 4:00pm On Sep 15, 2009
HNIC:

Chei.
Even before the first ball is kicked tongue
Biased Soul grin

We all know where it will end.
It has to be the Q/finals or the 2nd round.
Arsenal have no clout to win any title this season.
The 2008/9 team is loads better than the buncha paraplegics your team parades these days.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by ayusman16(m): 4:01pm On Sep 15, 2009
We aint fighting ma! We no be thug like adebayo
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 4:05pm On Sep 15, 2009
dayokanu:

E never do o

PRICELESS!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 4:08pm On Sep 15, 2009
~Sauron~:

We all know where it will end.
It has to be the Q/finals or the 2nd round.
Arsenal have no clout to win any title this season.
The 2008/9 team is loads better than the buncha paraplegics your team parades these days.
How are they better?
Because we sold adebayor?
Or we lost to Man citeh?(08/09 team lost 3-0 also)
Writing them off after just 6 matches looks impulsive tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 4:10pm On Sep 15, 2009
HNIC:

How are they better?
Because we sold adebayor?
Or we lost to Man citeh?(08/09 team lost 3-0 also)
Writing them off after just 6 matches looks impulsive tongue

Do u REALISTICALLY believe Arsenal can win the EPL/UCL title this season?
Be honest with yourself.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by mukina2: 4:11pm On Sep 15, 2009
dayokanu:

E never do o

waka! go ur dead thread tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by dayokanu(m): 4:14pm On Sep 15, 2009
ADEEEEEEEEEEEEEbAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

ASSSANALLLLLLL SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by kaydee(m): 4:15pm On Sep 15, 2009
@ Krayola

U mean U dunno the difference between a racist chant and a player getting boo'd

Eto was discriminated against because of his color, Geddit?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by ayusman16(m): 4:15pm On Sep 15, 2009
~Sauron~:

Be honest with yourself.

If u can get an erection even if it is once in year then Arsenal can win the EPL/UCL grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by dayokanu(m): 4:16pm On Sep 15, 2009
@ Krayola

U mean U dunno the difference between a racist chant and a player getting boo'd

Eto was discriminated against because of his color, Geddit?

When assanal fans brought bananas to the field and threw it at Adebayor, how do you describe that?

I think thats racist
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Sauron1: 4:19pm On Sep 15, 2009
dayokanu:

When assanal fans brought bananas to the field and threw it at Adebayor, how do you describe that?

I think thats racist

They chanted about his father washing elephants in Lome.
That alone is a racist chant.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by ayusman16(m): 4:23pm On Sep 15, 2009
~Sauron~:

That one come be lie?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 15, 2009
Could we get over this issue already?

C'mon; what he did was wrong and whoever is caught on CCTV racially abusing him should be caught and banned from entering a football stadium end of story!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 4:26pm On Sep 15, 2009
~Sauron~:

Be honest with yourself.
Why not?
grin

~Sauron~:

we discussed this stuff a few days to the match!
that song was composed by the Spuds
and I dare say, Saturday was not the first time Ade heard that 'remix'
It's been sung at White Hart lane, OT and SB
Why wasn't it deemed racist then?
Or was it because it was done by Arsenal fans?
What was Ade thinking when he blamed his poor form on the fans booing him?
I have never heard a footballer blame fans before for his woes
The same fans that pay the highest bum/seat(permit me to borrow this from ya grin) in the EPL?
That guy needs some 'western education' grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by dayokanu(m): 4:27pm On Sep 15, 2009
That guy needs some 'western education'

And the guys that had western education brought bananas to the field right?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by Krayola2(m): 4:36pm On Sep 15, 2009
These gooners don't know the more they vex Adebayor the more they will suffer at the Emirates. . . Trouble sleep yanga go wake am, wetin u dey find. . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by dayokanu(m): 4:41pm On Sep 15, 2009
^^^^PALAVARRRR you dey find, Adebayorr you go get it o
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. Yes We Can! by HNIC(m): 4:44pm On Sep 15, 2009
READ THIS INTERVIEW GRANTED BY ADE

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/mancity/6175361/Manchester-Citys-Emmanuel-Adebayor-lifts-the-lid-on-his-feud-with-Nicklas-Bendtner.html

It all kicked off over Nicklas Bendtner's sneakers, apparently. The friction worsened with a dressing-room debate about respect at Arsenal, turned nasty with a very public scrap between Bendtner and Emmanuel Adebayor and culminated in the Togo striker being sold to Manchester City. From little sparks, a pair of trainers in this case, do infernos grow.

By Henry Winter
Published: 11:01PM BST 11 Sep 2009

In form: Manchester City's Emmanuel Adebayor says his feud with Arsenal's Nicklas Bendtner was caused by a row over trainers
Adebayor has been one of the stars of this nascent Premier League season, a joy to watch as he glides around, linking and scoring for City. Bendtner has also impressed for a revitalised, united Arsenal. As they collide at Eastlands on Saturday, this strange, sad and rather toxic story needs telling.

Adebayor has moved on physically but clearly not mentally grin, judging by the time he spent explaining his spectacular falling-out with Arsenal, starting with the shoes. "I have never been a bad influence in the dressing room,’’ Adebayor began. "I had a little difficult moment with Nicklas Bendtner.

"There was a rule at Arsenal where no one is allowed to come into the dressing room with trainers or house shoes on. I cannot understand why Nicklas came every day with his shoes on.’’  grin(CLASS MONITOR)
So he cornered the cocky young Dane. "Nicklas, you are a footballer, I am a footballer,’’ Adebayor told him. "Maybe I am better than you, maybe you are better than me but you have to respect everyone. There are rules saying you cannot come into the dressing-room with your house shoes. Take them off.’’

According to Adebayor, Bendtner "never took them off and things started from there. I cannot accept that. Even if that happened tomorrow at City, I would fight with somebody.’’

Arsenal’s manager, Arsene Wenger, told Adebayor to calm down. "The Boss jumped on me. 'Why me?’ I said. 'Nicklas is 20, he has to do the things that [William] Gallas, Robin Van Persie and Cesc Fabregas are doing.’

"Nicklas had a very easy route [into football]. He had the chance to be in the Arsenal Academy, the chance to be an international for Denmark. Football doesn’t stop there. You are young, you have to learn. No matter what quality you have, you have to listen to people, let people help you to be good.

"I was not born with a golden spoon in my mouth. I left Africa at 15(NA LIE), came to Europe [with Metz] and it was very difficult but I knew if I listened I would be better. That’s what pushed me to where I am today.

"People in my country love me. I represent my country very well. My family are very proud of me. But I can do more. That’s why I am always fighting to improve and be one of the best strikers in the world. I am fighting in games to see how many goals I can score, how many passes I can make, how many tackles, how many times I am coming back to help my team-mates.

"If [Cristiano] Ronaldo had gone to Manchester United and thought 'I’m good’ he would not have become the best player in the world. He worked with the United players, who helped make him big. Nicklas just thinks he can make himself big.’’

On Jan 22, 2008, the pair’s feud turned physical during a League Cup tie against Spurs, Bendtner ending with a cut forehead.

"Nicklas showed me the finger,’’ explained Adebayor. "I am very sorry. You cannot show a partner the finger.’’ Inevitably, question marks were raised about Adebayor’s future. He could have left that summer. "I had a chance to go to Barcelona and Milan and the money [salary] was two times bigger than Arsenal. I decided to stay.’’

But the fans turned against him, their ire building after a series of uncommitted displays. "Arsenal forced me out. Arsene told me: 'You have to leave because financially we are very bad.’ That makes it more painful. Arsene knows I didn’t leave for money. Enjoying my football is more important to me than money. (NA LIE)
"When I realised Arsenal don’t want me anymore, I told the people City sent to watch me that I want a good conversation with Mark Hughes. He has a great mentality. He told me his ambition, how he wants to build up his team. I thought: 'OK, why not be part of this club? I’ll take a risk.’ It’s worked out. The club is happy having me here. I am happy being here. We are one.

"What is good at City is that the fans are truly fans. They love you. Arsenal have a lot of fans who are not fans. Arsenal have fans from America and Jamaica. Today they are Arsenal fans, tomorrow they will be Liverpool fans and after tomorrow they will be Manchester United fans.

'If you boo your player every weekend, I am very sorry, you are not true fans. I can understand the frustration if you think the player wants to leave but I said on TV, newspaper and radio I wanted to stay.’’

Nothing could staunch the derision. "That hurt me a lot. That was the most difficult moment in my career. I did everything for that club. When I first signed at Arsenal they didn’t put even one pound on my salary at Monaco shocked shocked(Mr Adebayor, u were a nonentity at Monaco, not a star.). I told them: 'I will show you how good I am and afterwards we can discuss a contract.’

"So to have a fight at the end is not right. That gives me motivation every single day. I now have a chance to face the Arsenal fans. I have to fight for City to take victory. My determination is very high. I have the mentality of a winner. Here I have the confidence I lost last season.’’

He has dovetailed well with a range of strikers. "With Craig [Bellamy], I know 100 per cent he will go behind the defence. One v one, Robinho will dribble. I know most of the time Carlos [Tevez] will come for the ball. But we don’t care how we win - technically, tactically or physically. What we are fighting for is the three points. I will be very pleased to win the title but it takes a lot of time.

"There is a toughness here. They are my friends and my brothers. Kolo [Toure] says: 'We have to fight. Saturday’s game will not be easy.’ Shay Given does the same. We have a lot of personality in the dressing room – Carlos, myself.’’

Before returning to training, Adebayor wants to stress his overall "respect’’ for Arsenal, particularly people like Wenger - "he knows I always love him as a manager’’ - and certain players.

"Alex Song and Emmanuel Eboue are not friends - they are brothers. We did everything together(Yet you kicked and wanted to break Song's legs). But I am a City player and they are not friends of this club. I want to be in the Champions League next season. So do they.

"So between 3pm and 5, we are not brothers. If I have to score two goals, I will. If I have to make a pass that wins us the game, I will. After the game we will be brothers.’’

Bendtner? Unlikely. The sneakers controversy lives on

MAKE UP YOUR MIND ABOUT THE TOGONATOR !!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea: Community Shield (4 - 1) penalties On 6th August 2017 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona : El Clasico (2 - 0) On 1st March 2020 / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.