Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,033 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

What Can I Do Now? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Can I Do Now? (1934 Views)

How My Blood Sister Treated My Wife! What Should I Do? / Runaway Sales Boy: What Do I Do? / My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can I Do Now? by adedejisy: 11:21pm On Apr 08, 2016
Good evening my fellow nairalanders,i just want your advice on my predicament...I'm living in 3bedroom flat with my 3kids and wife but we use 2 rooms out of the flat while the last room was not in use..Sometimes last year my younger brother ask me for assistance to be staying with me and family so that he will sleeping in the unused room and as man I told my wife and she said no one will stay with us, including anyone from her family that she will prefer the room to be empty.My Challenge now is her immediately sister is asking for the same assistance to live with us and my wife is now begging me to allow her to stay with us,please what do I do? Should I let her stay, please I need Ur advice. Thanks
Re: What Can I Do Now? by Cutehector(m): 11:24pm On Apr 08, 2016
I think ur wife is selfish. cool

No offense.

Buh allow her stay.

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do Now? by adedejisy: 11:34pm On Apr 08, 2016
Okay,still needs more advice...Thanks
Re: What Can I Do Now? by Spicylate(f): 11:35pm On Apr 08, 2016
Stand firm. No vacancy. 1-1

6 Likes

Re: What Can I Do Now? by drmikeadams(m): 11:37pm On Apr 08, 2016
Spicylate:
Stand firm. No vacancy. 1-1
?..gbam even if Jesus dey come...1-1 grin

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do Now? by osesology(m): 11:44pm On Apr 08, 2016
And u are undecided on whether to let her sister stay or not? She refused urs so u are in the right if u refuse her as well. Why are women so selfish!
Re: What Can I Do Now? by raumdeuter: 11:49pm On Apr 08, 2016
Repeat what she said to her.

adedejisy:
no one will stay with us, including anyone from her family that she will prefer the room to be empty.

3 Likes

Re: What Can I Do Now? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Apr 08, 2016
raumdeuter:

Repeat what she said to her.

You are right about that ......
Re: What Can I Do Now? by edwife(f): 11:59pm On Apr 08, 2016
What impudence! undecided
She's a joker.

6 Likes

Re: What Can I Do Now? by adedejisy: 12:08am On Apr 09, 2016
The funniest thing is that she called me earlier this month that if anyone from her sister call me for accommodation assistance that I shouldn't answer cos she don't want trouble for our union.....Now she was begging and even taking it personally when I told her to give me time to rethink it,See women life.
Re: What Can I Do Now? by Ab025(m): 12:12am On Apr 09, 2016
Women, They always think they are wiser....

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do Now? by bolseas(f): 8:06am On Apr 09, 2016
Singing #What is good for the goose is good for the gander#

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do Now? by Nobody: 9:10am On Apr 09, 2016
Offer to assist her sister financially but do not allow her to stay in your home as per the previous agreement that your wife fully subscribed to.

It will become a family issue and your wife will fight you, but stand your ground and let everyone know your stance or else you will become a lame duck.

Now you both know that when it comes to help any side may need it at any time.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do Now? by byvan03: 9:12am On Apr 09, 2016
No vacancy!!! You can assist financially.

3 Likes

Re: What Can I Do Now? by PresVA: 9:57am On Apr 09, 2016
Stand your ground, Say NO.. esp if what d lady is coming for isn't essential. ..

Be ready to start accommodating all relatives of sort, once you start...

Also, your bro who you denied same favour will feel sad.. Don't allow your wife 'control' you. ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do Now? by jashar(f): 10:29am On Apr 09, 2016
Stand firm and tell her to honour the initial agreement. I don't like selfish people.

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do Now? by Blade21: 12:52pm On Apr 09, 2016
remind her of what she said na y is she changing her mind let her sister go and look for accommodation else where
Re: What Can I Do Now? by lilmax(m): 1:21pm On Apr 09, 2016
adedejisy:
as man I told my wife and she said no one will stay with us, including anyone from her family that she will prefer the room to be empty.
most annoying statement i‘ve read on nl
Re: What Can I Do Now? by emilyone(f): 2:04pm On Apr 09, 2016
It appears posters wife is the one responsible for the payment of the house rent!
Re: What Can I Do Now? by Naavah(f): 2:14pm On Apr 09, 2016
Don't pay her back same way, if you can afford an apartment for her sibling do that instead.
Re: What Can I Do Now? by RiloKiley: 2:32pm On Apr 09, 2016
What is good for the goose is good for the "gender".
Re: What Can I Do Now? by RiloKiley: 2:42pm On Apr 09, 2016
Cutehector:
I think ur wife is selfish. cool

No offense.

Buh allow her stay.
Again undecided
Re: What Can I Do Now? by naijathings(m): 3:56pm On Apr 09, 2016
emilyone:
It appears posters wife is the one responsible for the payment of the house rent!

yeah.. seems so.

because it makes me wonder why he can't slap her with the same response she gave him when his BROTHER was in need.

she might even push him out of the house and bring in her sister if he says NO
Re: What Can I Do Now? by kenny987(f): 4:49pm On Apr 09, 2016
It is actually healthier for couples to keep their homes free of extended family residents unless there is no help for it. OP like others have said, extend financial help and let that be the extent of your involvement. Much better in the long run.

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do Now? by precious1967(m): 5:05pm On Apr 09, 2016
forgive her but tell her dt ur brother is also coming to stay with u n he too ll stay in dt room together with her sister. lobatan, shikena.

3 Likes

Re: What Can I Do Now? by EfemenaXY: 6:28pm On Apr 09, 2016
adedejisy:
Good evening my fellow nairalanders,i just want your advice on my predicament...I'm living in 3bedroom flat with my 3kids and wife but we use 2 rooms out of the flat while the last room was not in use..Sometimes last year my younger brother ask me for assistance to be staying with me and family so that he will sleeping in the unused room and as man I told my wife and she said no one will stay with us, including anyone from her family that she will prefer the room to be empty.My Challenge now is her immediately sister is asking for the same assistance to live with us and my wife is now begging me to allow her to stay with us,please what do I do? Should I let her stay, please I need Ur advice. Thanks

Finish your story.

So what happened with your younger brother? Did you turn him away on your wife's insistence?
Re: What Can I Do Now? by focus7: 10:31pm On Apr 09, 2016
Oga stand your ground and make her know that NO VACANCY!
Re: What Can I Do Now? by eyinjuege: 6:24pm On Apr 10, 2016
The answer should still be NO.

Don't even assist the sister financially. She should do that herself,nof she's so concerned about her sister's accommodation.

People tend to forget that when they throw stones in the market place, it usually hits home.

I wonder how bad it must have felt denying your own brother help when you could have done that. She should also feel it.

The whole purpose of your insisting is just for a lesson to be learnt, that life is not always black n white.
Re: What Can I Do Now? by socrateez(m): 8:53pm On Apr 10, 2016
You should have reminded her that you both agreed no one is coming to stay with you. There was no need to say you wanted to think about it.

You have to insist no one will stay with you. Even if you will eventually change your minds ( both of you ) it must not be on this particular case
Re: What Can I Do Now? by gidjah(m): 9:07pm On Apr 10, 2016
Hahahaha!!!women and selfishness at its peak!!na so den be !,they are virtually the same sir,make God help men o!.Pls assist her some Lil money to stay elsewhere, but do not, I say do not allow her in to your home.The first wrong step is that you allowed your madam dictate things ..but all the same, peace must reign abi?...that kind thing.... Pls ignore and move on,let her know those WHO LIVE IN GLASS HOUSE DONT THROW STONES!!!...
Re: What Can I Do Now? by MoyoGENERAL: 9:30pm On Apr 10, 2016
Make I nor lie bros, e be like say you wan make she come sef! haba! why you dey even think am? If you allow am, bros, Na 2-0 be that ooooo. E mean say she win both first and second leg!

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do Now? by greatgod2012(f): 9:34pm On Apr 10, 2016
She has double mouth. Stay with the first agreement.

NO VACANCY!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Husband Arranges Men To Sleep With ‘wife’ As A Means Of Survival / ULTRASOUND ABACADABRA- Baby Turns Out To Be A Boy After Buying Baby Girl Outfits / My Confused Marital Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.