Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,470 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? (2669 Views)

The Basic Reason Why Nigeria Marriages Fail - Pastor Sunday Adelaja / Dear Christians, Muslims Only Pray In The Name Of God / Nigeria Doesn’t Belong To Christians And Muslims Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by olasesi(m): 8:06am On Apr 16, 2016
odijeks:

according to the Jewish law, the bible reveals that there are about 613 laws given by God. Because of Jesus, Christians no longer live by that law tho. is there a specific number of laws laws according to your quaran that Allah expects man to keep?, is there a specific number?

I don't know. And the specific number of the laws isn't a popular subject as are the laws. And if it's based only on the Qur'an, then their numbers are far less than the christian laws. Perhaps in the forty's, or even less.
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by sonofthunder: 8:22am On Apr 16, 2016
odijeks:

I haven't sir. the answers given are somewhat ambiguous and have question marks allover. can you help?
not really, I haven't read the Quran from cover to cover yet so my assertions might be wrong.
the ambiguity and question marks you are getting might just be what the said religion is about....
#imightbewrongthough

1 Like

Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by sonofthunder: 8:24am On Apr 16, 2016
olasesi:

I don't know. And the specific number of the laws isn't a popular subject as are the laws. And if it's based only on the Qur'an, then their numbers are far less than the christian laws. Perhaps in the forty's, or even less.

you are reading him out of context
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by malvisguy212: 10:19am On Apr 16, 2016
Buharism:
James 4:11-12
Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?
don't interpret what you do not understand.

Romans 10:14
How, then, can they call on the one they have
not believed in? And how can they believe in
the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by malvisguy212: 10:27am On Apr 16, 2016
olasesi:

That you keep up with his rules and regulations.
if you live by the law, rules and regulation of God, because God is just, He will punish all sin we have ever committed. Do you think you will be alive today ? Can you boast, you have never break the Law ? See, my brother, we live by His Grace and Not by Law. By law I must be punish but by Grace I am forgiven.
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by Buharism: 10:35am On Apr 16, 2016
malvisguy212:
don't interpret what you do not understand.

Romans 10:14
How, then, can they call on the one they have
not believed in? And how can they believe in
the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?
preaching and judging are two different things:
Preaching: When u spread the good news to people via bible study, gatherings etc without insulting or demeaning their beliefs. these include performing miracle, showing of love irrespective of differences, giving alms, offering help in times of difficulty.
Judging: When u attack other peoples beliefs because u feel your belief is stronger than theirs, this include insulting, abusing and blaming other peoples beliefs as the reason why their is civil unrest.
Spread the Good news of the Lord, but endeavour to respect other people beliefs and point of view, conversion is not by hatred, but via love

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by odijeks(m): 12:46pm On Apr 16, 2016
olasesi:

okay, cos if doing the will of God is the instruction of the quaran then it may be necessary for one to know each and every one of this laws in order to be able to keep them. the Jewish law believes that even if one law is broken from the 613 laws given then its as good as breaking all 613 cos God expects perfection, in the same way i think its necessary you know all the requirements of the quaran
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by Annunaki(m): 3:17pm On Apr 16, 2016
Buharism:
Preaching: When u spread the good news to people via bible study, gatherings etc without insulting or demeaning their beliefs. these include performing miracle, showing of love irrespective of differences, giving alms, offering help in times of difficulty.
Judging: When u attack other peoples beliefs because u feel your belief is stronger than theirs, this include insulting, abusing and blaming other peoples beliefs as the reason why their is civil unrest.
Spread the Good news of the Lord, but endeavour to respect other people beliefs and point of view, conversion is not by hatred, but via love

Some people believe they should kill me or collect Jizya from me for not subscribing to their beliefs, are you saying I should respect these evil beliefs as well These same characters routinely preach messages that contradicts and ridicules my beliefs as part of their own beliefs, are you saying I should respect this insult to my beliefs as well just because it is the belief of some rodents? undecided
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by Buharism: 3:40pm On Apr 16, 2016
Annunaki:

Some people believe they should kill me or collect Jizya from me for not subscribing to their beliefs, are you saying I should respect these evil beliefs as well These same characters routinely preach messages that contradicts and ridicules my beliefs as part of their own beliefs, are you saying I should respect this insult to my beliefs as well just because it is the belief of some rodents? undecided
Hahaha.
The jizya only exist in an islamic state. but you will agree with me that not all islam followers spread hate speech against christians, some even attend christian schools, and associate well with christians,
1 billion peaceful muslems cant be judged by the actions of around 100 million violent ones who only follow the violent part of their law.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by Einl(m): 4:23pm On Apr 16, 2016
Annunaki:

The basic message of islam is to conquer the whole world for allahh and ensure religion is only for allahh quoran 8:39. I wonder why the creator and owner of the world would still instruct his followers to conquer what he already owns for him. #FraudAlert #AllahIsAnImpostor.

Beautiful. You deserve 72 virgins.
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by Annunaki(m): 4:39pm On Apr 16, 2016
Buharism:

Hahaha.
The jizya only exist in an islamic state. but you will agree with me that not all islam followers spread hate speech against christians, some even attend christian schools, and associate well with christians,
1 billion peaceful muslems cant be judged by the actions of around 100 million violent ones who only follow the violent part of their law.

Thankfully those 1 billion peaceful muslims are not following the true teachings of islam and they are considered as fakes by their more devoted counterparts. A religion is evaluated by the teachings and examples of it's founder as documented in their holy books. Unfortunately in islam, they have extremely very poor examples and teachings.
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by Annunaki(m): 4:40pm On Apr 16, 2016
Einl:

Beautiful. You deserve 72 virgins.

grin grin grin
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by Visitor700: 4:42pm On Apr 16, 2016
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by odijeks(m): 5:48pm On Apr 16, 2016
Annunaki:

Thankfully those 1 billion peaceful muslims are not following the true teachings of islam and they are considered as fakes by their more devoted counterparts. A religion is evaluated by the teachings and examples of it's founder as documented in their holy books. Unfortunately in islam, they have extremely very poor examples and teachings.
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by odijeks(m): 5:49pm On Apr 16, 2016
Buharism:

Hahaha.

I once watched a video of a woman who converted from Islam and she said that the violent and extreme Islamist who kill are not actually trying to be bad people. they are just trying to be good Islams and follow what the quaran teaches. that got me thinking. would the quaran really approve the murder of people in order to enforce belief?
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by odijeks(m): 5:51pm On Apr 16, 2016
Visitor700:

To believe and obey Allah and His messenger.

[size=15]"Believe in Allah and His Messenger, the unlettered Prophet who believes in Allah and His words. Follow him, perhaps you will be guided."
(Qur'an 7:157)[/size]
who is his messenger?
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 16, 2016
@anunnaki don't tell me you plan on banging 72 virgins.

mods pls move this thread to FP
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 16, 2016
odijeks:

who is his messenger?

a man with eleven wives and he still decided to marry a six(6) years old girl when he was 53 years old
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by Buharism: 6:53pm On Apr 16, 2016
Annunaki:

bt those of them like bokoharam that claims that western education is a haram in islam are the ones using western weapons to fight, why nt do it the way muhammed did his own by using only sword and spear, since they are bent on emulating every thing muhammed did?.Or are they nt also breaking the law they claim to enforce.
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by Buharism: 7:06pm On Apr 16, 2016
odijeks:

I once watched a video of a woman who converted from Islam and she said that the violent and extreme Islamist who kill are not actually trying to be bad people. they are just trying to be good Islams and follow what the quaran teaches. that got me thinking. would the quaran really approve the murder of people in order to enforce belief?
The quran is dating back to the period of religious unrest around the world, when warefare was part of every religion but unfortunately other religions edited their religious books to reflect that their was no more need for warfare, bt islam is lacking behind due to their inability to change their own to reflect the current state of religious peace in the world.
Do u knw that nobody can adhere completely to rules and laws of their religion? The laws were accumulated ovèrtime and are hard to follow due to western civilization now, it is nw left for people to choose those they think are needed in the society.

1 Like

Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by odijeks(m): 8:03pm On Apr 16, 2016
Buharism:
The quran is dating back to the period of religious unrest around the world, when warefare was part of every religion but unfortunately other religions edited their religious books to reflect that their was no more need for warfare, bt islam is lacking behind due to their inability to change their own to reflect the current state of religious peace in the world.
Do u knw that nobody can adhere completely to rules and laws of their religion? The laws were accumulated ovèrtime and are hard to follow due to western civilization now, it is nw left for people to choose those they think are needed in the society.
exactly!! the bolded is the backbone of Christian faith. because we can't really keep all the laws (even if we tried our best), there comes a need for a saviour who can deliver from the penalty of sins. that's where Jesus comes in
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by Visitor700: 8:26pm On Apr 16, 2016
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by Legbo6: 9:05pm On Apr 16, 2016
B4 anybody condemn one book or d oda, dt s Qur'an or Bible, try nd knw much 2 back up ur stands, i noticed from Bible JESUS declared abt coming of someone, good Christians will nt dispute massage of MUHAMMAD, cos even in Qur'an D same MUHAMMAD talked abt birth of JESUS CHRIST, if any Christian disagreed wt d massage of MUHAMMAD, then brother tell us d who JESUS speaks abt his coming, if d person yet 2 come or wat? B4 u speaks bad abt someone try knw d person inside out.
i stayed very closed 2 Muslims nd they cn nvr talked bad abt Christianity bt we d Christians xpecialy those i call CHURCH gowers jucking mouth saying bad abt MUSLIMS, 2 bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by Visitor700: 11:43pm On Apr 16, 2016
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by Annunaki(m): 6:37am On Apr 17, 2016
Buharism:
bt those of them like bokoharam that claims that western education is a haram in islam are the ones using western weapons to fight, why nt do it the way muhammed did his own by using only sword and spear, since they are bent on emulating every thing muhammed did?.Or are they nt also breaking the law they claim to enforce.

Your muslim brothers(boko haram and isis) still use the weapons mohamed used in his days anytime they get the opportunity or haven't you noticed from their videos that their preferred way of killing is through beheading just like mohamed used to do.
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by malvisguy212: 6:39am On Apr 17, 2016
Buharism:
trash. When jesus call the pharasse blind teacher, wolves in sheep cloth, is He judging them ?
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by Annunaki(m): 6:39am On Apr 17, 2016
Buharism:
The quran is dating back to the period of religious unrest around the world, when warefare was part of every religion but unfortunately other religions edited their religious books to reflect that their was no more need for warfare , bt islam is lacking behind due to their inability to change their own to reflect the current state of religious peace in the world.

Which religion editted their holy books
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by Blackfire(m): 2:38pm On Apr 17, 2016
Annunaki:

Which religion editted their holy books

that guy u quoted suddenly don't know if what he knows about Islam is scam... Thus the plausible deniability.

Keep annukilizing him,he will see the truth.. Or he act like others *screaming , insulting there way out*
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by Annunaki(m): 4:20pm On Apr 17, 2016
Blackfire:

that guy u quoted suddenly don't know if what he knows about Islam is scam... Thus the plausible deniability.

Keep annukilizing him,he will see the truth.. Or he act like others *screaming , insulting there way out*

Don't mind the silly childish clown. He is certainly one of our regular muslim apologists on this forum who went to register a new moniker and pretend to be a christian in the islamic spirit of al taquiya to deceive un believers . Unfortunately he routinely gives himself away by constantly betraying his islamic sentiments and also his islamic way of thinking.
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by Otobi16: 8:22am On May 03, 2016
KBEST3:
Islam is way of peaceful life

and the answer is there https:///OdT0mn smiley
Re: Muslims Only: What Is The Basic Message Of Islam? by odijeks(m): 2:30pm On May 03, 2016
Legbo6:
B4 anybody condemn one book or d oda, dt s Qur'an or Bible, try nd knw much 2 back up ur stands, i noticed from Bible JESUS declared abt coming of someone, good Christians will nt dispute massage of MUHAMMAD, cos even in Qur'an D same MUHAMMAD talked abt birth of JESUS CHRIST, if any Christian disagreed wt d massage of MUHAMMAD, then brother tell us d who JESUS speaks abt his coming, if d person yet 2 come or wat? B4 u speaks bad abt someone try knw d person inside out.
i stayed very closed 2 Muslims nd they cn nvr talked bad abt Christianity bt we d Christians xpecialy those i call CHURCH gowers jucking mouth saying bad abt MUSLIMS, 2 bad

I agree with you on that point. its totally wrong and inhumane to mock or joke about what another believes in when we've not taken time to try and understand their stance. sadly, many Christians are guilty of this.

its true Jesus spoke of the coming of another. but he wasn't speaking in parables. he was clear of who was to come: the Holy Spirit. (John 14:15-117). he also spoke of this individual's power and work in us in vs 17 "He will be in you". for that to be possible, this individual has to be a Spirit- which is the Holy Spirit/the Spirit of God. Jesus also says this Spirit of God would never leave or forsake us. If Jesus was speaking of Mohamed, that means after Mohamed's death, man is abandoned and has no other person from God to turn to.

I don't mean to discredit any prophet, I just want to be open-minded based on the teachings of both books. I've read stories of both men (Jesus and Mohammad), yet Mohamed depicts quite a variance from Jesus, both in speech and in character (I really don't need to go into the details). It causes one to think how Jesus would send us someone so different from himself.

From all I've learned, I've seen that Jesus stands out from other religious giants of ancient and present times (Mohamed, Buddha, Confucius, Gandhi e.t.c) . He is different because, many of these men points us to wisdom, rules and truths to follow that would lead to life, but Jesus wasn't pointing us to any words or rules. He constantly pointed man to HIMSELF. He personalized himself as The TRUTH, THE LIFE and THE ONLY WAY to God. None of these men claimed to be divine/God, but Jesus claimed severally of being one with the Father. The bible shows Jesus as the apex of all prophets and kings of old and we can see how he proved himself by the miraculous works he did (some of which were attested by the Quran and other historical records). yet, If Jesus spoke of Mohamed as the one to come, God's plan would seem so anti-climatic if you compare the miracles done and words spoken by both men

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Truth About Tithing - Pastor Murphy Akpovi / The Hateful Language Of Atheism And Its Possible Effects On Society. / I'm Losing My Faith In Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.