₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,021,266 members, 4,307,275 topics. Date: Wednesday, 20 June 2018 at 12:55 AM

How To Install Solar Panels & Inverter For Home-step By Step Guide - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Install Solar Panels & Inverter For Home-step By Step Guide (27506 Views)

This TV Will Cost #174M To Buy And #12M To Install In Your Living Room(Photos) / Calabar Boy Generates Power From Butter Containers & Damaged Solar Panels (Pics) / How To Clear GOTV E016 And E48-32 Error Message (step By Step) (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Install Solar Panels & Inverter For Home-step By Step Guide by Elisco3040: 9:16am On Feb 22
I already have an inverter of 2kva 24v and I am running it with 12pcs of battery 500Ah and 2v each connected in series (Total 6000Amps 24v) what rang of solar panel and solar charger do I need to run it effectively?
Re: How To Install Solar Panels & Inverter For Home-step By Step Guide by Penuelseun(m): 12:24pm On Feb 22
Elisco3040:
I already have an inverter of 2kva 24v and I am running it with 12pcs of battery 500Ah and 2v each connected in series (Total 6000Amps 24v) what rang of solar panel and solar charger do I need to run it effectively?
It is 500amps/24 volts not 6000amps/24 volts, you will need at least 1600watts solar panels
Re: How To Install Solar Panels & Inverter For Home-step By Step Guide by Elisco3040: 1:23pm On Feb 22
Then the solar charger will be how many Amps?
Re: How To Install Solar Panels & Inverter For Home-step By Step Guide by SolnergyPower: 1:49pm On Feb 22
The maximum 12/24V PWM solar charge controller in the market should be 40A.

If it's a combo of 12/24/36/48 MPPT, you shouldn't buy more than a 60A charge controller.

Elisco3040:
Then the solar charger will be how many Amps?
Re: How To Install Solar Panels & Inverter For Home-step By Step Guide by Elisco3040: 8:14pm On Feb 24
The connection of the panel will it be on series or in parallel or can I get a panel that will give me 24v
Re: How To Install Solar Panels & Inverter For Home-step By Step Guide by SolnergyPower: 9:53pm On Feb 24
For PWM, for a 24V Charge Controller, the maximum panel input voltage is 50V. In this case, any panel below 200W, you can connect two in series but any panel 200W and above, you must connect in parallel.

For MPPT, you can get up to 150V panel input voltage. In that case, the rating of the panel will guide you.

Elisco3040:
The connection of the panel will it be on series or in parallel or can I get a panel that will give me 24v

Re: How To Install Solar Panels & Inverter For Home-step By Step Guide by stalwart123(m): 3:50am On May 09
@SolnergyPower,

Please enlighten me on how to make my connections at the change over with my inverter, generator and PHCN. Am I to cascade 2 knife edge switch or to find a 3- way changeover. Please, I'm confused here.
Re: How To Install Solar Panels & Inverter For Home-step By Step Guide by shedybaba44(m): 11:36pm On May 10
SolnergyPower:
Question:

I suffer more than 12 hours power cut per day, Normal inverters could not get full charge with this severe power cuts,

I want to go for Solar inverter,

My load preference is 1 Fan, 3 CFL’s (compact fluorescent light, energy-saving light) and 1 LCD Tv.

Could you guide me on installing a Solar inverter set up at affordable cost?

Answer:

I Appreciate your interest on solar green energy. Hopefully it will be the future of power back up industry.

For a Limited budget, I could suggest you best possible and cost effective configuration.

I am 100% sure that SOLAR inverter is the only solution for growing power cut problems.

So sit back while I walk you through how to set up a small solar power for your home

Here are the materials we will need to do this set up.

a. Inverter (850VA-1KVA), 12V.......40-45k
b. One 200-250w Solar Panel.....40-60k
c. One 12V 100AH Deep Cycle Battery....30-40k (You may use two car batteries here but must be connected in parallel)
d. 12V,20A Solar Charge Controller....10-15k
e. Battery Stand, you may improvise this.

Total: Between 120k and 160k

Course Outline:
a. Mount your solar panel
b. Connect your charge controller
c. Connect Battery to Inverter
d. Connect Battery to Charge Controller
e. Load your house.

I will provide details shortly about this course.

Credit: SolnergyPower.com
nice and educative training, please am about to buy a solar panel how do I know if is in good working condition before buying
Re: How To Install Solar Panels & Inverter For Home-step By Step Guide by Cheny(m): 8:42am On May 11
shedybaba44:
nice and educative training, please am about to buy a solar panel how do I know if is in good working condition before buying

Buy from any reputable dealer,kiekie or Brightsolar are good to go.
Re: How To Install Solar Panels & Inverter For Home-step By Step Guide by henrolevra: 1:24am On May 14
SolnergyPower:
The maximum 12/24V PWM solar charge controller in the market should be 40A.

If it's a combo of 12/24/36/48 MPPT, you shouldn't buy more than a 60A charge controller.

Very educative. Thanks for doing justice to most of the questions here. Any solar installation expert in Anambra and its environs
Re: How To Install Solar Panels & Inverter For Home-step By Step Guide by demmybite: 1:34pm On May 19
henrolevra:

Very educative. Thanks for doing justice to most of the questions here. Any solar installation expert in Anambra and its environs
we're based in Lagos, buh we can come to anambra if you want elohimtech.com.ng
Re: How To Install Solar Panels & Inverter For Home-step By Step Guide by henrolevra: 10:41am On May 25
SolnergyPower:
e. Load your house.

CAUTION:
Please get an electrician to separate the load intended for the inverter, so that the inverter will not be strained or damaged when the house is powered.

i. Power the inverter, use your voltmeter to check the voltage from the inverter outlet, that should be 230V.

ii. Turn the inverter OFF.

iii. Turn off all your appliances

iv. Connect the inverter outlet to your house power mains.

V. Turn ON your inverter.

vi. Power your appliances, starting with least voltage consuming appliance.

nice one

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Download Latest 2go Version 6.1.3 – Www.2go.im – 2go Messenger / NASA Confirms Evidence That Liquid Water Flows On Today’s Mars / 'Made In Africa' Hoverboard: Created Out Of Wood By Carpenter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.