Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,918 members, 7,852,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:27 PM

Help Needed In Filing A Dmca Counter Notification - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help Needed In Filing A Dmca Counter Notification (592 Views)

Is DMCA Penalty Immune To Forums? / Pls Kindly Help With A DMCA Free Host... / Tips: Best Webhosting And VPS With Ignore DMCA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed In Filing A Dmca Counter Notification by Shobayojontech: 7:58am On Apr 09, 2016
Good Morning Nairalanders.Am a website owner that do upload foreign musics to my website as it is my source of traffic.
But precisely march 20 i got message from google search engine console with a dmca copright filed against my website due to a particular foreign music found on my site.
Since then,have been receiving tons of email from google dmca telling me of removing certain music from my website and these are the music that are giving my website traffic.
In the email they sent to me,they asked me to speak to my legal attorney or File a Counter Notification.So guys i need you guys to explain more to me so as to help before filing a counter notification and to alsow know the risks involved.
Help me tag it to the appropriate place
lalastica
Re: Help Needed In Filing A Dmca Counter Notification by gidimasters(m): 8:08am On Apr 09, 2016
The message you saw is telling you to stop copying/stealing people's effort.
Re: Help Needed In Filing A Dmca Counter Notification by Shobayojontech: 8:39am On Apr 09, 2016
Am not posting articles.i upload musics and videos
Re: Help Needed In Filing A Dmca Counter Notification by webincomeplus(m): 8:46am On Apr 09, 2016
Shobayojontech:
Am not posting articles.i upload musics and videos
Just so you know, the same rules that apply to articles apply to music files--audio or video. You need to take down those music files before Google does the worst. If your web hosting gets involved, your site would RIP.

Sites that share music files get copyright approval from artistes, and they pay heavily for that. If you can't tread the legal route, you have no business uploading other people's music on your site.
Re: Help Needed In Filing A Dmca Counter Notification by gidimasters(m): 8:49am On Apr 09, 2016
webincomeplus:

Just so you know, the same rules that apply to articles apply to music files--audio or video. You need to take down those music files before Google does the worst. If your web hosting gets involved, your site would RIP.

Sites that share music files get copyright approval from artistes, and they pay heavily for that. If you can't tread the legal route, you have no business uploading other people's music on your site.
Re: Help Needed In Filing A Dmca Counter Notification by yomalex(m): 2:33pm On Apr 09, 2016
What you are doing is illegal plain and Simple.
Re: Help Needed In Filing A Dmca Counter Notification by charsobodo(m): 2:58pm On Apr 09, 2016
Its a very simple issue, you are infringing on the copyright of someone's property, hence they want you to take it down on your site, there is no argument of whether it is your main source of traffic or not, so you just have to do the needful bro...

(1) (Reply)

How Good Is Adobe Muse? / Need A Web Based School Management System / A Professional Blog Designer Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.