Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,479 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

GOD - Hinduism/paganism Vs Abrahamism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / GOD - Hinduism/paganism Vs Abrahamism (3388 Views)

The Problem With Christian/muslim Reverts To Paganism/traditional Religion / Christianity = Paganism / Religious Intolerance: Lessons From Yoruba ‘paganism’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GOD - Hinduism/paganism Vs Abrahamism by IndianBwoy(m): 10:25am On Apr 09, 2016
"GOD"

The English word “GOD” does not translate to the (hindu() concept of the Supreme. It dose not fit the (hindu) the ruling principles of nature which the ( hindu's) call DEVA's or Paramatman.

This comes from a misunderstanding of (hindu) Devatha's,for/as "god"s.

eg Varuna deva,Vayu Deva,Indra Deva Surya deva, Vana devatha ect (the five elements,their manifestations and different forces in nature,their manifestations (which runs to 33 koti,/million) who are responsible for the running of the universe.. are called Deva's in (Hindusim)
There is a fundamental difference between the Abrahamic GOD and (hindu) Devatha's and Paramathman.
“GOD” in the Abrahamic expression,is the ALL POWERFUL BEING,who has CREATED the world,runs it and is an independent signal Being/ Entity.
He is the SUPREME BEING who rewards and punishes man in accordance with his laid down code of conduct and promises a heaven or hell after death.

While In (hinduism)
The universe (along with all the Deva's) is a MANIFESTATION of the Paramathman
Param= primary, first, -Athma.=soul ( it is not a BEING, it is the Spirit /Energy)
Means the supreme soul, and all souls have come from it.
Therefore they say MAN ( Jeevathman) and Paramathman (Supreme) are ONE and the SAME.
There is no one here,punishing or rewarding man,everyone gets the fruit of their own actions they call KARMA.
Thus for (Hinduism ) does not have a “GOD”
It talks of Swarga, some thing similar to heaven, ruled by Deva Indra (Lord Indra King of the Gods) (king of the senses, materialistic pleasures )which again is not the ultimate goal of the (hindu).In fact it is considered a Zone of temptation which a spiritual aspirant needs to bypass to reach the ultimate they call MUKTHI (salvation). Yet spiritual aspirtation is a choice.

Trying to understand their (hindu) culture through a foreign language,which lacks the words (as it lacks the concept) is crippling even the (hindu's) understanding.
More so these days as they not only study it through English (but they even THINK in English) which misleads them from it's fundamental truth.

By Dharma Somashekar

Re: GOD - Hinduism/paganism Vs Abrahamism by Godstraight(m): 10:52am On Apr 09, 2016
so the Hindu gods ride on elephant,which according to your teachings in Hinduism is the substainer of the earth,is that palatable with the Hindu religion?
Re: GOD - Hinduism/paganism Vs Abrahamism by orunto27: 12:27pm On Apr 09, 2016
GOD in the Abrahamic expression is the ALL POWERFUL SPIRIT BEING. Thesame goes for Hinduism. Who is then a Pagan? My Dictionary defines a Pagan as one who is neither Jewish, Christian nor Mohammedan. These three are abrahamic, who, like the Hindus believe in the all powerful spirit being. What then is Paganism, if not athiestism in its naive stage?
Re: GOD - Hinduism/paganism Vs Abrahamism by IndianBwoy(m): 5:07pm On Apr 09, 2016
Godgay:
so the Hindu gods ride on elephant,which according to your teachings in Hinduism is the substainer of the earth,is that palatable with the Hindu religion?

Not all Gods. And this is not that elephant which you are referring to (Lord Ganesha) who has certain identifying marks on its personage (e.g. 1 broken tusk, serpent belt on belly, special weapons, human body, etc.) As its idol. That is the God of wisdom.

Lord Indra in Hindu Mythology is depicted riding the elephant like creature called Airavata. It is a mythological beast.

Airavata is a mythological white elephant who carries the Hindu God Indra. It is also called 'abhra-Matanga', meaning "elephant of the clouds"; 'Naga-malla', meaning "the fighting elephant"; and 'Arkasodara', meaning "brother of the sun".Abhramu' is the elephant wife of Airavata. Airavata has ten tusks and five trunks and is spotless white. It is also known as Erawan in Thai. Airavata is also the third son of Kashyap and Kadru. In the Mahabharata he is listed as a great serpent.
Re: GOD - Hinduism/paganism Vs Abrahamism by IndianBwoy(m): 5:08pm On Apr 09, 2016
orunto27:
GOD in the Abrahamic expression is the ALL POWERFUL SPIRIT BEING. Thesame goes for Hinduism. Who is then a Pagan? My Dictionary defines a Pagan as one who is neither Jewish, Christian nor Mohammedan. These three are abrahamic, who, like the Hindus believe in the all powerful spirit being. What then is Paganism, if not athiestism in its naive stage?

But abrahamists are monotheists. We Pagans are Polytheists. And follow an ethnic non-proselytizing religion.
Re: GOD - Hinduism/paganism Vs Abrahamism by Godstraight(m): 5:37pm On Apr 09, 2016
IndianBwoy:

Not all Gods. And this is not that elephant which you are referring to (Lord Ganesha) who has certain identifying marks on its personage (e.g. 1 broken tusk, serpent belt on belly, special weapons, human body, etc.) As its idol. That is the God of wisdom.

Lord Indra in Hindu Mythology is depicted riding the elephant like creature called Airavata. It is a mythological beast.

Airavata is a mythological white elephant who carries the Hindu God Indra. It is also called 'abhra-Matanga', meaning "elephant of the clouds"; 'Naga-malla', meaning "the fighting elephant"; and 'Arkasodara', meaning "brother of the sun".Abhramu' is the elephant wife of Airavata. Airavata has ten tusks and five trunks and is spotless white. It is also known as Erawan in Thai. Airavata is also the third son of Kashyap and Kadru. In the Mahabharata he is listed as a great serpent.
so how many gods do u guys have?,I don't like polytheism
Re: GOD - Hinduism/paganism Vs Abrahamism by IndianBwoy(m): 6:12pm On Apr 09, 2016
Godgay:

You are gay so obviously you like only men.

But yeah as to your question. There are infinite Gods. There are as many spiritual forces you know and affect your life and to whom you direct worship and direct sacrifice.
Re: GOD - Hinduism/paganism Vs Abrahamism by deloon(m): 7:44pm On Apr 09, 2016
Please share more articles. I would like a better of understanding of Hinduism and possibly other Indian traditional religions.

1 Like

Re: GOD - Hinduism/paganism Vs Abrahamism by johnydon22(m): 8:26pm On Apr 09, 2016
Godgay:
Hahahahahaha but come to think of it, if there can be an eternal supreme being why then can't they be an entire race of such beings?

How should it be just one and not two, three or a thousand?

One is no less an assumption than 100

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GOD - Hinduism/paganism Vs Abrahamism by Godstraight(m): 8:28pm On Apr 09, 2016
IndianBwoy:

You are gay so obviously you like only men.

But yeah as to your question. There are infinite Gods. There are as many spiritual forces you know and affect your life and to whom you direct worship and direct sacrifice.
lol,me gay?,infinite, sound cool,how are the sacrifice offered
Re: GOD - Hinduism/paganism Vs Abrahamism by Godstraight(m): 8:35pm On Apr 09, 2016
johnydon22:

Hahahahahaha but come to think of it, if there can be an eternal supreme being why then can't they be an entire race of such beings?

How should it be just one and not two, three or a thousand?

One is no less an assumption than 100
am fascinated by the many gods,but something don't just feel right about,I would love to visit India to see Hindu people and their culture, I admire it I don't just feel cool with it,am sure there is a being somewhere out there but when you a situation of 1000 gods?,haba,kilode wentin seft, any way I will try to keep am open mind to his many gods religion,but the ways these guys love elephants ehh

1 Like

Re: GOD - Hinduism/paganism Vs Abrahamism by johnydon22(m): 8:39pm On Apr 09, 2016
Godgay:
am fascinated by the many gods,but something don't just feel right about,I would love to visit India to see Hindu people and their culture, I admire it I don't just feel cool with it,am sure there is a being somewhere out there but when you a situation of 1000 gods?,haba,kilode wentin seft, any way I will try to keep am open mind to his many gods religion,but the ways these guys love elephants ehh

If there can be 1 why can't there be 1000 or 1,000,000? same way it doesn't sound absurd there is no 1 human but 7billion.

so too should it not sound weird to you that there may be up to 10,000,000,000 Gods even an not a lone single one ..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GOD - Hinduism/paganism Vs Abrahamism by Godstraight(m): 8:50pm On Apr 09, 2016
johnydon22:

If there can be 1 why can't there be 1000 or 1,000,000? same way it doesn't sound absurd there is no 1 human but 7billion.

so too should it not sound weird to you that there may be up to 10,000,000,000 Gods even an not a lone single one ..
yea mehn 10000 gods are alien civilizations that will work out well for alien fans but when we talk an intelligent designer I don't think there can be 100000000 intelligent designers, well you knows?,talking of extraterrestrial beings,they can be classified as aliens civilizations who exist but haven't had contact with us probably because when they look at us they see 2000 years of our past so to say,or they are probably located deep in the cosmos,now I don't know your view of god,but I see the concept of "god"more like an intelligent designer and like I said earlier they cant be numerous intelligent designers.Hinduism some how similar to Buddhism view their god like more of a spirit source that affect every cause and effect in the world
Re: GOD - Hinduism/paganism Vs Abrahamism by johnydon22(m): 9:23pm On Apr 09, 2016
Godgay:
yea mehn 10000 gods are alien civilizations that will work out well for alien fans but when we talk an intelligent designer I don't think there can be 100000000 intelligent designers, well you knows?,talking of extraterrestrial beings,they can be classified as aliens civilizations who exist but haven't had contact with us probably because when they look at us they see 2000 years of our past so to say,or they are probably located deep in the cosmos,now I don't know your view of god,but I see the concept of "god"more like an intelligent designer and like I said earlier they cant be numerous intelligent designers.Hinduism some how similar to Buddhism view their god like more of a spirit source that affect every cause and effect in the world

Humans are intelligent designers too yet there are 7,000,000,000 of them, so why not 1 human going by what you think there should only 1 in a kind of being capable of intelligent design.?

Since there are 7,000,000,000 humans and yet they are intelligent designers not also affirm that 100,000,000 God(s) also can be intelligent designers even more efficient that just 1.

That there can be only 1 intelligent designer faults all your thinking here since number does not limit intelligence or design but rather makes it even better ..

So again why can't there be 100,000,000 supreme intelligent designer eternal God(s) and not just 1 lonely being.

Do you think 1 makes any less an assumption than a million of them?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: GOD - Hinduism/paganism Vs Abrahamism by Godstraight(m): 9:27pm On Apr 09, 2016
johnydon22:

Humans are intelligent designers too yet there are 7,000,000,000 of them, so why not 1 human going by what you think there should only 1 in a kind of being capable of intelligent design.?

Since there are 7,000,000,000 humans and yet they are intelligent designers not also affirm that 100,000,000 God(s) also can be intelligent designers even more efficient that just 1.

okay you win,maybe its because of my monotheist background,anyways nice talking with you
Re: GOD - Hinduism/paganism Vs Abrahamism by johnydon22(m): 9:29pm On Apr 09, 2016
Godgay:
okay you win,maybe its because of my monotheist background,anyways nice talking with you
It's not about winning, our discussion is not about a winner there is no price for it so there is no need for such.

Just a discussion that involves critical philosophical questionings that's all..

Nice talking to you too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GOD - Hinduism/paganism Vs Abrahamism by Godstraight(m): 9:38pm On Apr 09, 2016
johnydon22:

It's not about winning, our discussion is not about a winner there is no price for it so there is no need for such.

Just a discussion that involves critical philosophical questionings that's all..

Nice talking to you too
I didn't say winner like I was in life and death discussion, I simply said you win because you made a strong case for your point.
yeah you too
Re: GOD - Hinduism/paganism Vs Abrahamism by Nobody: 2:47am On Apr 10, 2016
hindiusm ver abrahamism

lol nothing good ever comes out in dick measuring contest.

but lets talk about hinduism and its earlier vedic forms and what separates it from others.

In a recent article, in the U.S. News and World Report, physicist Roger Penrose theorized that the Big Bang might be one in a cycle of such events, suggesting that the universe has had multiple existences. This is common knowledge to one familiar with Vedic philosophy and cosmology, which very clearly indicates that the universe has had many births and deaths.

The centuries-old wisdom of the Vedic texts doesn’t stop there. They claim that our universe is just one of many universes, a concept entertained by modern science and referred to as “the multiverse theory.” The description given is that our universe is one mustard seed in a bag full of a practically uncountable number of mustard seeds.
This concept is toyed with in famous Hollywood movies such as “Contact” and “Men In Black.”

there are manuscripts full of descriptions, nothing like the ambiguous one liners in bible and koran which came thousands of years later.

In the West, Einstein is credited with the Theory of Relativity,However, one might be quite surprised to learn that there are multiple examples of it in the Puranic texts of India. Einstein’s hypothetical experiment known as the “twin paradox” suggests that if one of a pair of twins travels to outer space at high speed, while the other remains on earth, when the space traveling twin returns, he will be younger than his counterpart on earth. The following passages from the Bhagavat Purana communicates the relativity of time:
“... One’s life endures for only one hundred years, in terms of the times in the different planets... Eternal time is certainly the controller of different dimensions, from that of the atom up to the super-divisions of the duration of Brahmā’s life; but, nevertheless, it is controlled by the Supreme. Time can control only those who are body conscious, even up to the Satyaloka or the other higher planets of the universe.”

There is also a story from the Puranas which parallels Einstein’s hypothetical experiment. A yogi, upon exiting the earthly realm for the higher planetary realms, was informed by the inhabitants of these higher realms that millions of years had instantly passed on Earth in the mere moments since he had entered the higher realms. They also told him that all of his relatives and everyone he had ever known was deceased.

We can pass this off as myth or fable, but one should ponder how these texts of ancient India are coming up with concepts that are so close to modern scientific theories.

There is a wonderful synergy between science and spirituality within the Vedic tradition, and I don’t believe there is a real border dividing them. It’s all just wisdom and knowledge, which is what the term Veda means. These are all truths that are meant to inform us of the world and universe we inhabit so that we can understand our place in it.

courtesy : Gadadhara Pandit Dasa

when somebody makes fun of the millions of gods in Hinduism , the joke is actually on that person grin
since he fails to realize......

the use of large numbers. By the time of the Yajurvedasaṃhitā- (1200–900 BCE), numbers as high as 10to the power 12 were being included in the texts. For example, the mantra (sacrificial formula) at the end of the annahoma ("food-oblation rite"wink performed during the aśvamedha, and uttered just before-, during-, and just after sunrise, invokes powers of ten from a hundred to a trillion.

western civilization (romans) till the 1st century AD was limited to 1-10 and later much later expanded to 100 and thousands

age of earth according to islam not mentioned that is very ambiguous / not clear cut ///// 6 days ??

age of earth according to christianity 6000 years

age of earth according to hinduism 4.3 billion year described in Vishnu Purana which is quite close to the current scientific estimate of the age of the Earth - 4.5 billion years.

Vedic and Puranic texts describe units of Kala measurements, from Paramaṇu (about 17 microseconds) to Maha-Manvantara (311.04 trillion years). that too all this much before 3000 BC.

now some stupid people can laugh as much as they want to , some stupid people will see only the million of gods (because they understand 1 god and are narrow minded ) but they cannot see the mathematics and relevant skills used behind the representation of the million of gods thousands of years ago when 80 % of the world could not even count up to 1 lolzzz grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: GOD - Hinduism/paganism Vs Abrahamism by Nobody: 6:09am On Apr 10, 2016
johnydon22:

That there can be only 1 intelligent designer faults all your thinking here since number does not limit intelligence or design but rather makes it even better ..
So again why can't there be 100,000,000 supreme intelligent designer eternal God(s) and not just 1 lonely being.
Do you think 1 makes any less an assumption than a million of them?

WOW that was some logical reasoning grin

respects to you man,
as long as people like u exists , the knowlege from the vedas and hindu scriptures or be it any religion or any human knowledge all will exist even if their followers ceases to exist .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: GOD - Hinduism/paganism Vs Abrahamism by wirinet(m): 6:59am On Apr 10, 2016
Godgay:
Are you really a monotheist? OK, explain the joint 3 in one God, who have 3 different personalities but are all one.
Re: GOD - Hinduism/paganism Vs Abrahamism by Godstraight(m): 8:25am On Apr 10, 2016
wirinet:

Are you really a monotheist? OK, explain the joint 3 in one God, who have 3 different personalities but are all one.
yes I am a monotheist,the trinity is different from polytheism,I get your point,the triune God can be liken to a God with three centers of consciousness but the poly-God(s) are separate entities like different people, the truine god is much like a god with different parts (not bodily parts of course)
Re: GOD - Hinduism/paganism Vs Abrahamism by Godstraight(m): 8:41am On Apr 10, 2016
nemesis2u:
hindiusm ver abrahamism

lol nothing good ever comes out in dick measuring contest.

but lets talk about hinduism and its earlier vedic forms and what separates it from others.

In a recent article, in the U.S. News and World Report, physicist Roger Penrose theorized that the Big Bang might be one in a cycle of such events, suggesting that the universe has had multiple existences. This is common knowledge to one familiar with Vedic philosophy and cosmology, which very clearly indicates that the universe has had many births and deaths.

The centuries-old wisdom of the Vedic texts doesn’t stop there. They claim that our universe is just one of many universes, a concept entertained by modern science and referred to as “the multiverse theory.” The description given is that our universe is one mustard seed in a bag full of a practically uncountable number of mustard seeds.
This concept is toyed with in famous Hollywood movies such as “Contact” and “Men In Black.”

there are manuscripts full of descriptions, nothing like the ambiguous one liners in bible and koran which came thousands of years later.

In the West, Einstein is credited with the Theory of Relativity,However, one might be quite surprised to learn that there are multiple examples of it in the Puranic texts of India. Einstein’s hypothetical experiment known as the “twin paradox” suggests that if one of a pair of twins travels to outer space at high speed, while the other remains on earth, when the space traveling twin returns, he will be younger than his counterpart on earth. The following passages from the Bhagavat Purana communicates the relativity of time:
“... One’s life endures for only one hundred years, in terms of the times in the different planets... Eternal time is certainly the controller of different dimensions, from that of the atom up to the super-divisions of the duration of Brahmā’s life; but, nevertheless, it is controlled by the Supreme. Time can control only those who are body conscious, even up to the Satyaloka or the other higher planets of the universe.”

There is also a story from the Puranas which parallels Einstein’s hypothetical experiment. A yogi, upon exiting the earthly realm for the higher planetary realms, was informed by the inhabitants of these higher realms that millions of years had instantly passed on Earth in the mere moments since he had entered the higher realms. They also told him that all of his relatives and everyone he had ever known was deceased.

We can pass this off as myth or fable, but one should ponder how these texts of ancient India are coming up with concepts that are so close to modern scientific theories.

There is a wonderful synergy between science and spirituality within the Vedic tradition, and I don’t believe there is a real border dividing them. It’s all just wisdom and knowledge, which is what the term Veda means. These are all truths that are meant to inform us of the world and universe we inhabit so that we can understand our place in it.

courtesy : Gadadhara Pandit Dasa

when somebody makes fun of the millions of gods in Hinduism , the joke is actually on that person grin
since he fails to realize......

the use of large numbers. By the time of the Yajurvedasaṃhitā- (1200–900 BCE), numbers as high as 10to the power 12 were being included in the texts. For example, the mantra (sacrificial formula) at the end of the annahoma ("food-oblation rite"wink performed during the aśvamedha, and uttered just before-, during-, and just after sunrise, invokes powers of ten from a hundred to a trillion.

western civilization (romans) till the 1st century AD was limited to 1-10 and later much later expanded to 100 and thousands

age of earth according to islam not mentioned that is very ambiguous / not clear cut ///// 6 days ??

age of earth according to christianity 6000 years

age of earth according to hinduism 4.3 billion year described in Vishnu Purana which is quite close to the current scientific estimate of the age of the Earth - 4.5 billion years.

Vedic and Puranic texts describe units of Kala measurements, from Paramaṇu (about 17 microseconds) to Maha-Manvantara (311.04 trillion years). that too all this much before 3000 BC.

now some stupid people can laugh as much as they want to , some stupid people will see only the million of gods (because they understand 1 god and are narrow minded ) but they cannot see the mathematics and relevant skills used behind the representation of the million of gods thousands of years ago when 80 % of the world could not even count up to 1 lolzzz grin

don't get it twisted the multiverse theory is great but CAN not be observe is just a proponent ,please if you know of any way it can save my ignorance, it is believe by a lot of anti deity people,the thing about the Christian view of the age of the earth just Christianity is diverse with many branches so they are both young earth creationist ,old one's and even theistic evolution ,Hinduism is nice never the less but I heard it also said elephants are the reasons for earth quakes,please confirm this, and throw more light on karma law.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GOD - Hinduism/paganism Vs Abrahamism by johnydon22(m): 9:04am On Apr 10, 2016
Godgay:
yes I am a monotheist,the trinity is different from polytheism,I get your point, the triune God can be liken to a God with three centers of consciousness but the poly-God(s) are separate entities like different people, the truine god is much like a god with different parts (not bodily parts of course)

I doubt this, this is a unitarian theology not a trinitarian theology.

In the theology of trinity, the three persons in the triune are separate distinct entities, equal in dominion and 1 in their essence as God.
A trinitarian recognizes that Yahweh, Jesus and Holy spirit are three different/separate persons.

Only a unitarian would say that the three heads of God are not distinct entities but 1 being manifesting in three ways. maintains that Yahweh, Jesus and H.S is actually 1 entity...

So know the difference my brother, if you agree on trinity then you recognize a setting of 3 separate beings in essence as God..

that is not any different from Poly-theism or Heno-theism

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GOD - Hinduism/paganism Vs Abrahamism by johnydon22(m): 9:17am On Apr 10, 2016
Godgay:
don't get it twisted the multiverse theory is great but CAN not be observe is just a proponent ,

Correct it cannot be observed brother only if somehow we observe a wormhole in the macro level which still doesn't guarantee it will lead to a separate universe and not another part of ours.

the observations that gave rise to Multi-verse is

-Proportion of dark matter
-Weakness of gravity
-maybe our universe is one out of a collection of other like our galaxy is 1 out of many.
many others.

But that doesnt make it correct. . . and really i do not pay mind to it when people interpret a little part of their "holy book" to reconcile with a scientific thesis and claim his religion already knew that.

nemesis is not the only person to have ever done this, Christians and muslims do it like everyday

please if you know of any way it can save my ignorance, it is believe by a lot of anti deity people,the thing about the Christian view of the age of the earth just Christianity is diverse with many branches so they are both young earth creationist ,old one's and even theistic evolution ,

A young earth creationist is one that follows the bible literally, they derive their "earth age" from calculations of generations from ADAM to NOAH to ABRAHAM and to JESUS which is just 4k years and then to this present time sums it up to 6,000years.

so anybody who believes Adam and eve story is literal should also hold that age of the earth to be true since the earth is barely 6days older than Adam.

Old earth creationists are those that tries to incorporate scientific findings into their religious beliefs to make it more accommodating to the modern world.

to do that you'd have to fault the Adam and even story though, call it a metaphor or allegory and if that is true then 'Jesus died for an allegorical sin of adam' that makes nonsense out of the Christian belief.

its a tight corner though.

Hinduism is nice never the less but I heard it also said elephants are the reasons for earth quakes,please confirm this, and throw more light on karma law.

I'd like if we paid more mind to our own traditional religion and philosophy..

Karma law is like Newton's third law of motion "for every action there is an equal reaction"

or igbo adage "ihe onye metera oburu" (what you do, you carry)

or the biblical passage "what so ever a man sows, he reaps"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GOD - Hinduism/paganism Vs Abrahamism by Godstraight(m): 9:37am On Apr 10, 2016
johnydon22:

I doubt this, this is a unitarian theology not a trinitarian theology.

In the theology of trinity, the three persons in the triune are separate distinct entities, equal in dominion and 1 in their essence as God.
A trinitarian recognizes that Yahweh, Jesus and Holy spirit are three different/separate persons.

Only a unitarian would say that the three heads of God are not distinct entities but 1 being manifesting in three ways. maintains that Yahweh, Jesus and H.S is actually 1 entity...

So know the difference my brother, if you agree on trinity then you recognize a setting of 3 separate beings in essence as God..

that is not any different from Poly-theism or Heno-theism
let me be honest with u the Trinity doctrine is the most un understandable f**k I know,yea more like three in one at the same equally different and having its own different entities.on my christain worldview about the trinity as more like three different personalities who are ONE god like the father(which is not neccesary Yahweh but any name for a deity in any language,note Christians in middle east call god allah according to their Arabic dialect) ,son and holy spirit,the difference between polytheism and this worldwide is that the three essence of the trinity are ONE god that exist tri-centered form,while the Hindu polytheism worldview is the many gods belief.the Trinity is the nature of this ONE god

1 Like

Re: GOD - Hinduism/paganism Vs Abrahamism by johnydon22(m): 9:47am On Apr 10, 2016
Godgay:
let me be honest with u the Trinity doctrine is the most un understandable f**k I know,yea more like three in one at the same equally different and having its own different entities.on my christain worldview about the trinity as more like three different personalities who are ONE god like the father (which is not neccesary Yahweh but any name for a deity in any language,note Christians in middle east call god allah according to their Arabic dialect) ,son and holy spirit,
Bolded it is necessarily Yahweh, Yahweh is the particular name of that Christian deity which is of Jewish roots

God
Allah
are same word for "God" which is a lingual expression for any deity out there..

Just like Zeus is a name of a particular God, you can also call Zeus Allah in arabic, Allah is just an arabic word for God and God is not the name of any deity in particular.

So Yahweh is to the Christian God, as Zeus is the Hellenistic God ...

If a Christian ever says God, Allah the father in what ever language he/she is referring to yahweh.

It is also good to note that according to the Original jewish belief **from whence Christianity derived foundation** Yahweh is not seen as a member of a triune God office (trinity) or a manifestation of three (unitarian) but rather a sole lone God…

So this two beliefs differ, the original Jewish belief and the newer christian beliefs. .they've got different versions of the God yahweh..

the difference between polytheism and this worldwide is that the three essence of the trinity are ONE god that exist tri-centered form,while the Hindu polytheism worldview is the many gods belief.the Trinity is the nature of this ONE god

When you mention One God in nature as three it is a uniterian position... In trinity the three persons are separate, equally powerful, equal dominion and only 1 in their essence as God.

So it is still same as saying 1000 or 20,000 all are 1 in their essence as God ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GOD - Hinduism/paganism Vs Abrahamism by Godstraight(m): 10:02am On Apr 10, 2016
johnydon22:

Correct it cannot be observed brother only if somehow we observe a wormhole in the macro level which still doesn't guarantee it will lead to a separate universe and not another part of ours.

the observations that gave rise to Multi-verse is

-Proportion of dark matter
-Weakness of gravity
-maybe our universe is one out of a collection of other like our galaxy is 1 out of many.
many others.

But that doesnt make it correct. . . and really i do not pay mind to it when people interpret a little part of their "holy book" to reconcile with a scientific thesis and claim his religion already knew that.

nemesis is not the only person to have ever done this, Christians and muslims do it like everyday

A young earth creationist is one that follows the bible literally, they derive their "earth age" from calculations of generations from ADAM to NOAH to ABRAHAM and to JESUS which is just 4k years and then to this present time sums it up to 6,000years.

so anybody who believes Adam and eve story is literal should also hold that age of the earth to be true since the earth is barely 6days older than Adam.

Old earth creationists are those that tries to incorporate scientific findings into their religious beliefs to make it more accommodating to the modern world.

to do that you'd have to fault the Adam and even story though, call it a metaphor or allegory and if that is true then 'Jesus died for an allegorical sin of adam' that makes nonsense out of the Christian belief.

its a tight corner though.

I'd like if we paid more mind to our own traditional religion and philosophy..

Karma law is like Newton's third law of motion "for every action there is an equal reaction"

or igbo adage "ihe onye metera oburu" (what you do, you carry)

or the biblical passage "what so ever a man sows, he reaps"
yeah,the reason is that I have not seen any body explain my Bini philosophy in an intelligent way,all I see is barbaric practices and traditions.
there are not all old earth creationist remove the literal Adam and eve,as you know the bible is a collection of books written in three languages which ain't English, written over a period of 16 centuries, many old earth creationist who are not evolutionist interpret the "one day one night"as it is found in the original Bible as "yom" which because of the limitation of the old Hebrew language can mean a day ,a year or an infinite number of years.they are diversity of these believes so not all old earth Christians diminish the Adam story,even reading the English bible of genesis people draw up different theories
yea the multi-verse is still a dream like sci-fic until proven otherwise. trying to accommodate religious beliefs with science is not my kind of thing ,we are all still not sure how the universe developed the only thing am totally sure about is the existance of a deity,so I can't say am totally correct or my views are ultimate.
concerning the geanologies of Jesus connected to Abraham some people still have different views about that.
Re: GOD - Hinduism/paganism Vs Abrahamism by johnydon22(m): 10:20am On Apr 10, 2016
Godgay:
yeah,the reason is that I have not seen any body explain my Bini philosophy in an intelligent way,all I see is barbaric practices and traditions.

You'd be surprise when what you find when you dig deep about your own indigenous philosophy contrary to the distorted views as propagated in this society saturated by adherents of other religions.

more over i find it so hypocritic how Christins frowns at some shabby practices as found in some African traditional religion but holds in high esteem similar and even worse practises found in the bible

there are not all old earth creationist remove the literal Adam and eve,as you know the bible is a collection of books written in three languages which ain't English, written over a period of 16 centuries, many old earth creationist who are not evolutionist interpret the "one day one night"as it is found in the original Bible as "yom" which because of the limitation of the old Hebrew language can mean a day ,a year or an infinite number of years.they are diversity of these believes so not all old earth Christians diminish the Adam story,even reading the English bible of genesis people draw up different theories

And now the bible becomes a subject of individual interpretations to sate every individual's assumption or need to belief.

no wonder Barnard Shaw said "No man ever believes the bible means what it says, they are all convinced it says what they mean"

this holds true as bane of the christian religion (conflicting doctrines emanating from conflicting interpretations of one text)

yea the multi-verse is still a dream like sci-fic until proven otherwise. trying to accommodate religious beliefs with science is not my kind of thing ,we are all still not sure how the universe developed the only thing am totally sure about is the existance of a deity,so I can't say am totally correct or my views are ultimate.
concerning the geanologies of Jesus connected to Abraham some people still have different views about that.

Fair enough though a genealogy is direct and not a subject to interpretations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GOD - Hinduism/paganism Vs Abrahamism by Godstraight(m): 10:42am On Apr 10, 2016
johnydon22:

Bolded it is necessarily Yahweh, Yahweh is the particular name of that Christian deity which is of Jewish roots

God
Allah
are same word for "God" which is a lingual expression for any deity out there..

Just like Zeus is a name of a particular God, you can also call Zeus Allah in arabic, Allah is just an arabic word for God and God is not the name of any deity in particular.

So Yahweh is to the Christian God, as Zeus is the Hellenistic God ...

If a Christian ever says God, Allah the father in what ever language he/she is referring to yahweh.

It is also good to note that according to the Original jewish belief **from whence Christianity derived foundation** Yahweh is not seen as a member of a triune God office (trinity) or a manifestation of three (unitarian) but rather a sole lone God…

So this two beliefs differ, the original Jewish belief and the newer christian beliefs. .they've got different versions of the God yahweh..

When you mention One God in nature as three it is a uniterian position... In trinity the three persons are separate, equally powerful, equal dominion and only 1 in their essence as God.

So it is still same as saying 1000 or 20,000 all are 1 in their essence as God ...

that is a misconception the Yahweh is a Christian representation of a deity,osanoboa is the
Bini dialect of a deity,the bible being the most translated book in history does not use Yahweh as the god there more like a local language,it is only Muslims that their deity must be reffered to as Allah because they feel Arabic is the god's language,yes Christianity has Jewish origin DOES not mean all christains call their god Yahweh,according to Christian worldview the Jewish race was use to bring up Christian one so their language is used to write the Torah does not mean it is our gods universal name, chrisatainity is netheir Jew nor Greek ,neither is it Nigerian nor ghana ,it cuts across all race and culture,so a French Christian won't call his god Yahweh like a French muslem will call his allah .the moses story as you will certainty know when god said I am who I am,he didn't say I am Yahweh or Allah according to the diversity of languages he is represented by different name,about the old testament not having a trinity ,this is a very lonnng story,Judaism and Christianity is very broad I don't even think I can fully make my point on a forum,the very nature of god is not discussed in the old testament but a messaih is discussed,which the Jewish don't quite buy (that is Jesus) but I can hold my ground very well against such people using their own Jewish scriptures against them there are almost 1000(am not specific if I am exxagerating) prophesies written about this messiah only Jesus fulfills it ,of course there are objections to this but on a long run of arguiment only Jesus is the criteria,even the Judaist peeps have to divide their messiah into two different people to avoid the obvious ,As remarkable as this is people still fight against this messiah debacle even non Jews because of their anti Christian bais.David said "and the lord said to my lord sit on my right side until I make your enemy at your footstool.these are just some of the countless hint of god's son in the old testament.
Re: GOD - Hinduism/paganism Vs Abrahamism by Godstraight(m): 10:55am On Apr 10, 2016
johnydon22:

You'd be surprise when what you find when you dig deep about your own indigenous philosophy contrary to the distorted views as propagated in this society saturated by adherents of other religions.

more over i find it so hypocritic how Christins frowns at some shabby practices as found in some African traditional religion but holds in high esteem similar and even worse practises found in the bible

And now the bible becomes a subject of individual interpretations to sate every individual's assumption or need to belief.

no wonder Barnard Shaw said "No man ever believes the bible means what it says, they are all convinced it says what they mean"

this holds true as bane of the christian religion (conflicting doctrines emanating from conflicting interpretations of one text)

see don't get me wrong I don't hate my culture,I don't dislike it ,I grew up in Bini so I know am talking about,the *atrocities"you claim in bible you should to more scholarship bible study and theology, I took years to study these things as long as the other objections to the bible do I know what am talking about.
"high exteem found worse practices found in the bible" I don't get this u don't seem to understand the gospel message ,a follower of Christ as a am ,look at Christ and tell of all worse practices we are told to imitate in him.
if your atheist worldview don't stop you from appreciating your culture,how does my Christian worldview stop me from doing so?.
theology is not the bible .it is the understanding of the bible,the way we understanding is always subject to change as more studies prevail.there are always conflicting beliefs about something does not make it wrong.
Re: GOD - Hinduism/paganism Vs Abrahamism by Godstraight(m): 10:55am On Apr 10, 2016
johnydon22:

see don't get me wrong I don't hate my culture,I don't dislike it ,I grew up in Bini so I know am talking about,the *atrocities"you claim in bible you should to more scholarship bible study and theology, I took years to study these things as long as the other objections to the bible do I know what am talking about.
"high exteem found worse practices found in the bible" I don't get this u don't seem to understand the gospel message ,a follower of Christ as a am ,look at Christ and tell of all worse practices we are told to imitate in him.
if your atheist worldview don't stop you from appreciating your culture,how does my Christian worldview stop me from doing so?.
theology is not the bible .it is the understanding of the bible,the way we understanding is always subject to change as more studies prevail.there are always conflicting beliefs about something does not make it wrong.
Re: GOD - Hinduism/paganism Vs Abrahamism by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 10, 2016
Jomo Kenyatta (c. 1891 – 22 August 1978) was a Kenyan politician and the first President of Kenya.
Kenyatta was the leader of Kenya from independence in 1963 to his death in 1978, serving first as Prime Minister (1963–64) and then as President (1964–78). He is considered the founding father of the Kenyan nation. Kenyatta was a well-educated intellectual who authored several books, and is remembered as a Pan-Africanist.

one of his most famous quotes is
"When the Missionaries arrived, the Africans had the Land and the Missionaries had the Bible. They taught how to pray with our eyes closed. When we opened them, they had the land and we had the Bible".

this is quite tragic and funny too grin grin

but on a serious note food for thought and deep introspect .

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Dangerous Religious Cults In The World / Wahabism A Cancer In Islam / The Seventh-day Adventist Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.