Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,087 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Urgently In Need Of Help Pls "Webmasters" - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Urgently In Need Of Help Pls "Webmasters" (667 Views)

Pls Webmasters Where Can I Get This Type Of Backlinks (pics) / Hello Webmasters Whats The Best Platform To Build A Hospital Website / Pls Webmasters Is There Any Cheap Site I Can Buy Domain @ The Rate Of N350 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgently In Need Of Help Pls "Webmasters" by lzar: 2:57pm On Apr 09, 2016
I have five sites of my clients hosted right now, but am so scared of loosing all my clients sites and databases for example in an event such as server crash. I read several stories of webmasters who loose up to 14 some 17, and even I read of a guy who loosed up to 78 site on a certain hosting platform. so I came up withe an idea i don't know how possible it will be and that is why I need the help of some experts to enlighten me. this is what i planed to do. I want to buy another two hosting plans where I can host multiple site each but instead of hosting sites on them I will use them as backup facilities, so my questions are this. can I save backup copies of all my clients sites including databases on these two other platforms? if possible is there any way this backup copies and databases will refresh according to the hosted site from time to time? and remain always updated so that in case of any major crash or endless down time all I will need to do is plug in the domain names of each of my clients into fresh copies of there sites backup and have them running in no time. I need to know please
Re: Urgently In Need Of Help Pls "Webmasters" by yomalex(m): 3:39pm On Apr 09, 2016
lzar

If the websites are on WordPress you can use BackupBuddy plugin to automatically backup files and database. I can give you for a token

For other CMS e.g Joomla use AkeebaBackup other websites simply backup files and database regularly.
Re: Urgently In Need Of Help Pls "Webmasters" by hollyfat(m): 4:11pm On Apr 09, 2016
larz, you don't need to create another hosting account, you can create account on dropbox to backup the files
Re: Urgently In Need Of Help Pls "Webmasters" by Adesege(m): 6:12pm On Apr 09, 2016
Hey Izar, you should consider the cons of managing more than one hosting accounts for a site on different hosting platforms.

Firstly, you will be paying double for hosting.

Secondly, it will be stressful downloading backup from the main hosting account and uploading it to the backup hosting account every now and then.

You can alternatively set up an auto backup from your cpanel and download it to your system. You can set the time to when you want. Every month, day, or year. Depending on your choice.

If you insist on doing it your way, then you should look at setting up your own sever and back up server. I bet you wouldn't want to do that.

Regards.
Re: Urgently In Need Of Help Pls "Webmasters" by tomholly: 7:43pm On Apr 09, 2016
lzar:
I have five sites of my clients hosted right now, but am so scared of loosing all my clients sites and databases for example in an event such as server crash. I read several stories of webmasters who loose up to 14 some 17, and even I read of a guy who loosed up to 78 site on a certain hosting platform. so I came up withe an idea i don't know how possible it will be and that is why I need the help of some experts to enlighten me. this is what i planed to do. I want to buy another two hosting plans where I can host multiple site each but instead of hosting sites on them I will use them as backup facilities, so my questions are this. can I save backup copies of all my clients sites including databases on these two other platforms? if possible is there any way this backup copies and databases will refresh according to the hosted site from time to time? and remain always updated so that in case of any major crash or endless down time all I will need to do is plug in the domain names of each of my clients into fresh copies of there sites backup and have them running in no time. I need to know please

just back up all your website dats all. no big deal

Lets Talk:

Mobile/Whatsapp: 07038641600

BBM: 7B663F3A

www.africanwebservice.com
admin@africanwebservice.com

An expert in
*Blog Design,content management systems (CMS) such as
Webpagemaker,Frontpage, wordpress, joomla, drupal,
ecommerce platforms such as opencart, magento, Abante cart,WHMCS, prestashop.
*SEO,Responsive&Mobile Friendly Site Expert
*Blogs:Ghost,serendipity,eggblog
*Forums:SMF,Vanilla,phpBB,
*Polls and Survey Sites:Limesurvey,littlepoll,piwik
*Open Source website Development & Customization / CMS Integration (Joomla, Drupal, wordpress, etc)
*E-commerce website Development (magento, opencart, OS Commerce, Zen Cart integration etc)
*SEO (Get Your website Top Ranking in Google.
*Mobile Application (iOS & Android)
*An expert in CCTV,CAR Tracker&Biometric Services
Re: Urgently In Need Of Help Pls "Webmasters" by fxstory(m): 3:52pm On Apr 10, 2016
you can make a backup copy of your site and save it on google drive. No need buying another host, that is a waste of cash.you can decide to make back up every week or 2 if the site is being updated regularly.
Re: Urgently In Need Of Help Pls "Webmasters" by lzar: 9:53pm On Apr 14, 2016
thanks so much guys, you just gave me all the information I needed. once again thank you so much.

(1) (Reply)

Logo Makers / 101 Ways To Get Quality Backlinks To Your Blog / Airtel 0.0kb Data Settings With Psiphon.. Get Here Now Before It Too Late

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.