Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. - Education (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. (391332 Views)

2018/2019 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread / An Open Letter To Agbami Scholarship Board / 2017/2018 UI Postgraduate Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 17, 2017
Samyokporua:

chevron paid since August bro... What do you want of them?
chevron is also the collaborator of agbami, that's why you always see chevron/agbami scholarship
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by ayodelesuleiman: 6:10pm On Oct 17, 2017
beamtopola:
If who ever is in charge (Nigerian) of that payment does not dispense that cash to our individual account by tomorrow..... coz I know that the operators of agbami ( whitemen without background of bereaving) have payout the money since on august and the black men in charge of the payment are tryna hoard the money for more gain from the bank unlike when agbami were dealing with the bank directly, they normally pay before september. And agbami decided to give the control of payment to a greedy black men and they decided that they won't pay earlier, they will make some money from it. I declared , if those I'd iots donot pay the money this week, those black men in charge will die before the end of this week.
you just resulted to cursing bro �
And daz not cool.Driving delusions like "somebody is withholding the money" is not healthy for the mind and would only drive you nuts.Moreover it won't change d time of the payment.

1 Like

Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 17, 2017
ayodelesuleiman:
you just resulted to cursing bro �
And daz not cool.Driving delusions like "somebody is withholding the money" is not healthy for the mind and would only drive you nuts.Moreover it won't change d time of the payment.
when is the time of the payment, bro
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by ayodelesuleiman: 6:24pm On Oct 17, 2017
beamtopola:

when is the time of the payment, bro
Ion know. We are in dis together.
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by qudusyaki94: 6:38pm On Oct 17, 2017
Hello o I am having problems with my card could have checked anybody who can help please
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Nnekeh: 10:29pm On Oct 17, 2017
Checked, nothing.
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by vectoh(m): 6:56am On Oct 18, 2017
Let's chill till Friday
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Kalegana1(m): 7:21am On Oct 18, 2017
vectoh:
Let's chill till Friday
really?!
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by DrAlbus(m): 8:34am On Oct 18, 2017
Kalegana1:
really?!
Nothing is certain o.. Everyone is just hoping for the best. I really hope this week will be our week o... It's over a year already... I just pray they don't shift it till November or else guys go crash cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Chidi994: 8:52am On Oct 18, 2017
Many people's cards including mine are expiring in November. Abeg it should not exceed this month. Getting a new card is a long process.
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Jasiro: 8:54am On Oct 18, 2017
Chidi994:
Many people's cards including mine are expiring in November. Abeg it should not exceed this month. Getting a new card is a long process.
Mine will expire ds month...
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Hotdiamond(m): 12:05pm On Oct 18, 2017
my card expired yesterday. dis people sef
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Riclord001(m): 2:21pm On Oct 18, 2017
Chevron has paid new awardees for this year. What's happening sef? I think we should do something drastic... Let's create some level of awareness.
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by lilkid2435(m): 2:26pm On Oct 18, 2017
Riclord001:
Chevron has paid new awardees for this year. What's happening sef? I think we should do something drastic... Let's create some level of awareness.
Like social media? I don't think that'll really help
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by ekpenyong101: 2:54pm On Oct 18, 2017
Riclord001:
are u sure?..how sure pls?
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by DrAlbus(m): 2:59pm On Oct 18, 2017
ekpenyong101:
are u sure?..how sure pls?
Chevron has paid since mid August or so....
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by sparowtipsy(m): 2:59pm On Oct 18, 2017
Wch awareness kwanu...bro! if dey decide to stop d scholarship,u cnt do notin..
Riclord001:

1 Like

Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 18, 2017
DrAlbus:

Chevron has paid since mid August or so....
He's talking of new awardees that got the scholarship by August this year.
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Nnekeh: 3:15pm On Oct 18, 2017
Riclord001:
Dont think it'll change much.
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by DrAlbus(m): 4:45pm On Oct 18, 2017
Riclord001:
Pls forget about creating any awareness... You didn't enter into any written agreement that they will keep paying you so they owe you nothing. The scholarship is out of the goodness of their heart and if they choose to stop it there is absolutely nothing that you can do other than to just take heart.
All anyone of us can do is just to relax and be hopeful.... Whenever they pay is when they pay we can't hurry it up in any way. Although guys are in need of the money but if they don't pay (which is almost impossible) heaven will not fall o and life will continue
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by IcarusLaz: 6:39pm On Oct 18, 2017
Please, I want you to realise that if they fail to pay, we are within our rights to stage a civil social media campaign, from what I gathered, scholarships are a way for this companies to offset part of their huge tax, and as a recognised form of giving back to the country which they operate and tap résources. on another part, they came up with the scholarship advert and rules, we didn't force them, they awarded the scholarship and I'm sure the public as WL as some government parastatals are aware so if they aren't paying us, people should stop saying there is nothing we can do.

Anyway, I strongly believe they are paying us soon and within the next few days this week. Let us just keep calling them and checking our account for now

3 Likes

Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Drosmo(m): 8:02pm On Oct 18, 2017
They will pay. People have called and they said soon. How soon now is d issue. So pls debunk d idea that there is a probability of them not paying
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Riclord001(m): 8:09pm On Oct 18, 2017
DrAlbus:

Pls forget about creating any awareness... You didn't enter into any written agreement that they will keep paying you so they owe you nothing. The scholarship is out of the goodness of their heart and if they choose to stop it there is absolutely nothing that you can do other than to just take heart.
All anyone of us can do is just to relax and be hopeful.... Whenever they pay is when they pay we can't hurry it up in any way. Although guys are in need of the money but if they don't pay (which is almost impossible) heaven will not fall o and life will continue
lol. guy, calm down. Companies dole out large amounts of cash as a form of social intervention. You think they'd ordinarily have done these without some pact binding them to it... They might not have entered into a written agreement with us, but they did that with FG. it's high time we reminded them of that part of the pact. i'm not suggesting anything drastic or confrontational tho but I'm also not begging for some cash i merited. kapish
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 18, 2017
DrAlbus:

Hello bro; I actually understand your point of view but its a bit flawed. The companies( fed gov.'s included) magnanimously offered help through this esteemed academically inclined social intervention for sound minds who passed their written tests; as such agreement was entered into( you can recheck the mail sent to you), an award letter containing that agreement and the terms and conditions including the stipulated time of termination of the said agreement.
I know the inconsistency in the timing doesn't warrant unnecessary panicking and gross display of impatience, cause God who made it possible for us to get it would still order their hearts into paying us, but the point a guy made earlier concerning some individuals who may decide to profit from the cash shouldn't be dumped in the bin.
All in all, let's be rest assured we'll be paid. Let's learn patience. Let people in authority learn to do things the right way.
Trust in God always, serve Him, for He is the creator, and we, the creatures!
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by DrAlbus(m): 10:06pm On Oct 18, 2017
My own is that they should just pay on time cos there is a dare need for the money... School fees needs to be payed
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by IcarusLaz: 11:29am On Oct 19, 2017
Please what number do you guys use in reaching Agbami themselves not dragnet, and around what time do you usually get them for those that have called.
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by zortex: 11:46am On Oct 19, 2017
Pls who has checked 2day?
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by DrAlbus(m): 12:13pm On Oct 19, 2017
zortex:
Pls who has checked 2day?
Just checked now.... It's still 0.00 maybe someone can check again in the evening.
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by benado247: 3:00pm On Oct 19, 2017
For those who are interested in investing part of there scholarship, the official trading partner of Liverpool FC is giving away bouns. The StartUp bonus 500 USD from InstaForex company can be received without verification of your data – you only need to specify your e-mail and start real trading on Forex with real trades and real opportunity to take and withdraw profits. Moreover, in case of your trades are unsuccessful – you do not risk anything but only the StartUp bonus gifted to you. https://www.instaforex.com/forex_promo/no_deposit_bonus?x=BCDTB someone may be interested, please share
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 19, 2017
Expect Agbami payments by November 2nd.
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by maninchrist(m): 3:47pm On Oct 19, 2017
Saimeritus:

What's your source please?
Re: Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. by Jasiro: 4:01pm On Oct 19, 2017
Saimeritus:
Don't say that again! Some people's card will expire ds month.

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (145) (Reply)

Unilag 2014/2015 Admission. / Federal University Of Technology Akure(futa) 2014/2015 Admission Session / The Federal University Of Technology Akure(futa) 2015/2016 Admission Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.