Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Help Solve This Connection Error On Mysql Workbench - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help Solve This Connection Error On Mysql Workbench (1230 Views)

New To Python, Gurus Please Help Solve These Challenges. Thanks. / Please, Help Solve The Problem Of Appearing Ending Line \r\n / Lets Start A Real Web-deveopment Course Here Html+css+javascript+php+mysql (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help Solve This Connection Error On Mysql Workbench by paranorman(m): 5:18pm On Apr 09, 2016
I am trying to set up a new connection on MySQL workbench and I am getting this error:

"failed to connect to MySQL at 127.0.0.1:3306 with user root.

Can't connect to MySQL server on 127.0.0.1(10061)"

can someone just help me with the technicalities in setting up a (new) successful connection for a newbie? Thanks
Re: Help Solve This Connection Error On Mysql Workbench by larisoft: 6:01pm On Apr 09, 2016
the likeliest problem is that your mysql is not running. This maybe because you have not installed mysql (benchmark is just a front end) or you have it installed but its not running.

if you have installed mysql navigate to
C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server your versoon\bin using command line and type 'mysqld' to start the mysql server.

if you have not installed it at all, download and install it first and do the above.

keep coding, bro
Re: Help Solve This Connection Error On Mysql Workbench by paranorman(m): 6:30pm On Apr 09, 2016
larisoft:
the likeliest problem is that your mysql is not running. This maybe because you have not installed mysql (benchmark is just a front end) or you have it installed but its not running.

if you have installed mysql navigate to
C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server your versoon\bin using command line and type 'mysqld' to start the mysql server.

if you have not installed it at all, download and install it first and do the above.

keep coding, bro
you mean MySQL (official) server right?
Thank you!

(1) (Reply)

Get Something Doing / PHP Script Wanted / IT Gurus I Need Your Help Concerning My SIWES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.