Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,205 members, 7,849,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:49 AM

Homily For Sunday Wey Be 3rd Sunday Of Easter, C - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Homily For Sunday Wey Be 3rd Sunday Of Easter, C (380 Views)

Today Mark's The First Sunday Of Advent / Homily For Sunday Wey Be 2nd Sunday Of Easter / Last Sunday Of The Month Prayers(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Homily For Sunday Wey Be 3rd Sunday Of Easter, C by PidginPriest(m): 7:05pm On Apr 09, 2016
I de hail oh. Again i don come with another oyibo grin

On this third Sunday of Easter we continue to proclaim that the risen Christ is Lord. Jesus wants to know if we love him or not, and if we really love him, then we must work to spread his mission to all the earth. Jesus is life and when we receive him we have to help others to have life in them too.
In the gospel, the apostles decided to go back to fishing. We remember that in the beginning of Jesus’ mission, he had told them that they would become fishers of men. But here, they were afraid to perform the mission which Christ gave them and proclaim the good news to all. Fear and shame are two things that stop from living the life of Christ. Many of us are scared or ashamed to show the world that we believe in Christ; stealing is not good, immoral life is not good, fighting is not good, and lying is not good. But Jesus said, if you are ashamed of me, I too will be ashamed of you in front of my Father (Luke 9:26)
After Jesus met Peter who denied him thrice and asked him, “Do you love me”. Each time he said yes, and Jesus told him “feed my sheep”. Jesus is also asking us if we love him, and if our answer is yes then we too must be ready to feed his sheep. To feed means that we want to help to grow the body of Christ. No one feeds to kill. We too must conquer our fear and feed others with way of Christ which is the way of life.
In the first reading, led by Peter, the apostles had finally conquered fear and now they were feeding the people with the word of God. Not even the Jews who they were previously afraid of could stop them. Fear now belongs to the past. So, Peter boldly said to the High Priest: “We are witnesses to all this, we and the Holy Spirit…” In spite of all the humiliations and threats to their lives, Peter insisted: “Obedience to God comes first before obedience to men.” They are now confident that they will overcome death as Christ did. This is our real mission given to us by Christ. We are to live by the commandments of God and the life of Christ so that people will learn to do so. Even if we get punished and persecuted for doing the right thing, we should be joyful for having suffered for Christ.

Let us ask God to fortify us with his grace so that we may remove shame and fear in us and firmly live a good life governed by christian virtues no matter what the consequence may be, and teach others to do so.

Pidgin Priest
Re: Homily For Sunday Wey Be 3rd Sunday Of Easter, C by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 09, 2016
E for sweet pass if u talk your talk for pidgin as you be pidgin priest so. any way na better talk u talk. 1000 gbosaa for u. 1000000 gbosaa for pope. uncountable gbosaa for JESUS.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Black Magic To Make Him To Love Me / That Statue You Believe Is Jesus You Are Worshipping, Is It Really Jesus? / Message To Church Gossipers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.