Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Physics With Seun Lanlege - Understanding Scientific Theories + Logic Game - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Physics With Seun Lanlege - Understanding Scientific Theories + Logic Game (2852 Views)

Top 10 Revolutionary Scientific Theories / Physics With Seun - Understanding Scientific Theories | The Big Bang Theory / Simplified Physics With Johnydon22 Part 1 (newton's Laws Of Motion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Physics With Seun Lanlege - Understanding Scientific Theories + Logic Game by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 10, 2016
Wow, it's been a while - i apologize for my hiatus but boys stole my phone at the lagos carnival hence the lack of internet prescence.

"It's good to have you back"

Thanks a lot, while i was gone major things happened - the discovery of gravitational waves and the announcement of evidence for a superconductor theory.

"I only heard about the gravitational waves"

Of course you did, but do you know important that superconductor is? if it's turns out to be proven - you'd have electronics that can last weeks on a single charge, computers 5 times faster than what we have now.

"wow that sounds cool so can we get to the topic for today"

I will in a minute

first off i want to play a game with everyone in the house - i'm sorry but there's no prize if you win this game - only my respect.

this game was created by (won't say his name) in order for non-scientific people to understand that scientists don't just get high on weed and booze and come up with scientific theories like, 'oh monkeys look like human beings, we must've evolved from them'.

That is not how it works extensive research and experimentation has to made before your work is even given the title 'theory', and more decades of experimentation and research is required before it becomes a law.

"I used to think Darwin came up with evolution by smoking experimental opium grin"

*sigh*

this logic game puts you in the position of scientists, where you have to make inferences and hypotheses in order to come up with a theory.

THE GAME GOES THUS

[size=14pt]
I'm thinking of a rule that governs any sequence of numbers, the point of this game is for you to guess my rule. But to make it easier for you, I'm going to give you an example of ONE sequence that follows my rule and allow you to ask me if any sequence of numbers you come up with based on your inference from the example follows my rule or not.

each person gets to ask me only 3 times after which you have to guess my rule.

the sequence of numbers are 2, 4, 6 and 8.

remember experimentation or in this case asking is the key to winning
[/size]

tags: Sirwere, coolUsername, plaetton, seun, ishilove, lalasticla, themonk, Raplinx, BETATRON,bqlekan, Blakjewelry ANTONINEUTRON joshbj samsard matrix600 Teempakguy

2 Likes

Re: Physics With Seun Lanlege - Understanding Scientific Theories + Logic Game by bqlekan(m): 5:39pm On Apr 10, 2016
Don't mind me Biko, I'm an industrial chemist, just want to give it a try

Thinking of a rule that governs any sequence, and the sequence 2, 4, 6, 8..... Obeys the rule..

1) the sequence above will continue increasing
2) every value of the sequence is divisible by 2
3) every value of the sequence is a positive value

It is still limited to positive integers.. Let me ask first.. Does this sequence obey your rule?

1, 1, 1, 1, 1........

Giving that 1 is raised to the power of consecutive positive integers
Re: Physics With Seun Lanlege - Understanding Scientific Theories + Logic Game by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 10, 2016
as i don return. lemme attempt.

your sequence is that of ascending integers.

however, does -8, -4, -2, Follow your sequence?

cc joshuabase

1 Like

Re: Physics With Seun Lanlege - Understanding Scientific Theories + Logic Game by samsard(m): 7:02pm On Apr 10, 2016
Space booked...
Re: Physics With Seun Lanlege - Understanding Scientific Theories + Logic Game by Geofavor(m): 7:43pm On Apr 10, 2016
This should be interesting.
Re: Physics With Seun Lanlege - Understanding Scientific Theories + Logic Game by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 10, 2016
why not attempt the game while you're here.
Re: Physics With Seun Lanlege - Understanding Scientific Theories + Logic Game by Geofavor(m): 8:17pm On Apr 10, 2016
Joshuabase:
why not attempt the game while you're here.
It's a bit nebulous.
Re: Physics With Seun Lanlege - Understanding Scientific Theories + Logic Game by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 10, 2016
Geofavor:

It's a bit nebulous.

guess my rule by asking me if your inference is correct
Re: Physics With Seun Lanlege - Understanding Scientific Theories + Logic Game by bqlekan(m): 8:54pm On Apr 10, 2016
bqlekan:

Don't mind me Biko, I'm an industrial chemist, just want to give it a try

Thinking of a rule that governs any sequence, and the sequence 2, 4, 6, 8..... Obeys the rule..

1) the sequence above will continue increasing
2) every value of the sequence is divisible by 2
3) every value of the sequence is a positive value

It is still limited to positive integers.. Let me ask first.. Does this sequence obey your rule?

1, 1, 1, 1, 1........

Giving that 1 is raised to the power of consecutive positive integers
Cc joshuabase
Re: Physics With Seun Lanlege - Understanding Scientific Theories + Logic Game by CoolUsername: 9:12pm On Apr 10, 2016
What about 3, 6, 9, 12, 15?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Physics With Seun Lanlege - Understanding Scientific Theories + Logic Game by Blakjewelry(m): 9:37pm On Apr 10, 2016
I will be back can't reason right now....... Based on your example, are we talking about finite or infinite sequence
Re: Physics With Seun Lanlege - Understanding Scientific Theories + Logic Game by Nobody: 11:45pm On Apr 10, 2016
bqlekan:

Cc joshuabase

No it doesn't follow my rule.

And it is not limited to positive integers
Re: Physics With Seun Lanlege - Understanding Scientific Theories + Logic Game by Nobody: 11:45pm On Apr 10, 2016
CoolUsername:
What about 3, 6, 9, 12, 15?

Follows my rule
Re: Physics With Seun Lanlege - Understanding Scientific Theories + Logic Game by CoolUsername: 11:56pm On Apr 10, 2016
Joshuabase:

Follows my rule
Where the 1st term is a. The general of the sequence is as follows: a, 2a, 3a, 4a, 5a
Using the sequence that you provided: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10
a=2
Therefore we get, 2, 2(2), 3(2), 4(2), 5(2)
In my sequence: 3, 6, 9, 12, 15
a=3
We get, 3, 2(3), 3(3), 4(3), 5(3)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Physics With Seun Lanlege - Understanding Scientific Theories + Logic Game by bqlekan(m): 7:09am On Apr 11, 2016
Joshuabase:

No it doesn't follow my rule.
And it is not limited to positive integers
Okay, two trials left,
Re: Physics With Seun Lanlege - Understanding Scientific Theories + Logic Game by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 11, 2016
CoolUsername:

Where the 1st term is a. The general of the sequence is as follows:
a, 2a, 3a, 4a, 5a

Using the sequence that you provided:
2, 4, 6, 8, 10

a=2

Therefore we get,
2, 2(2), 3(2), 4(2), 5(2)

In my sequence:
3, 6, 9, 12, 15

a=3

We get,
3, 2(3), 3(3), 4(3), 5(3)

That's not my rule
Re: Physics With Seun Lanlege - Understanding Scientific Theories + Logic Game by BETATRON(m): 4:38pm On Apr 11, 2016
.....what about A(n+1).......where A is the first term of the sequence...n=0,1,2,3.......

E.g when A=2....we get 2,4,6,8 for n=0,1,2,3 and 4

Likewise when A=3 whe get 3,6,9,12 and on it goes for A=,4,5 .......gringrin
Re: Physics With Seun Lanlege - Understanding Scientific Theories + Logic Game by BETATRON(m): 4:38pm On Apr 11, 2016
.....what about A(n+1).......where A is the first term of the sequence...n=0,1,2,3.......

Likewise when A=3 whe get 3,6,9,12 and on it goes for A=,4,5 .......gringrin....is A(n+1) your rule? @OP
Re: Physics With Seun Lanlege - Understanding Scientific Theories + Logic Game by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 11, 2016
Ahyuiiiiiii gringringrin

I'm busting complex numbers right now. Can't let anything draw me back embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Physics With Seun Lanlege - Understanding Scientific Theories + Logic Game by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 11, 2016
BETATRON:

the sequence provided follows my rule, but the theory is wrong.
Re: Physics With Seun Lanlege - Understanding Scientific Theories + Logic Game by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 11, 2016
Remember this is a logic game not a math game - it's more of analytical thinking than mathematical prowess.
Re: Physics With Seun Lanlege - Understanding Scientific Theories + Logic Game by BETATRON(m): 6:05pm On Apr 11, 2016
Joshuabase:

the sequence provided follows my rule, but the theory is incorrect.
embarassed...ok oh...make I grab sit for audience..grin
Re: Physics With Seun Lanlege - Understanding Scientific Theories + Logic Game by Nobody: 6:55pm On Apr 11, 2016
BETATRON:

whats a sequence?
Re: Physics With Seun Lanlege - Understanding Scientific Theories + Logic Game by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 11, 2016
SirWere:
Ahyuiiiiiii gringringrin

I'm busting complex numbers right now. Can't let anything draw me back embarassed embarassed embarassed
bros share the question with me na cheesy i'm bored
Re: Physics With Seun Lanlege - Understanding Scientific Theories + Logic Game by BETATRON(m): 7:08pm On Apr 11, 2016
lexiconkabir:
whats a sequence?
grin sequences is a catenation tongue
Re: Physics With Seun Lanlege - Understanding Scientific Theories + Logic Game by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 11, 2016
BETATRON:
grin sequences is a catenation tongue
LOL grin The domain should be a set of natural numbers.
Re: Physics With Seun Lanlege - Understanding Scientific Theories + Logic Game by BETATRON(m): 7:20pm On Apr 11, 2016
lexiconkabir:
LOL grin The domain should be a set of natural numbers.
more like it...catenation(chain) of natural numbers
Re: Physics With Seun Lanlege - Understanding Scientific Theories + Logic Game by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 11, 2016
4, 8, 12, 16, . . .
Re: Physics With Seun Lanlege - Understanding Scientific Theories + Logic Game by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 11, 2016
BETATRON:
more like it...catenation(chain) of natural numbers
oga i no get biz with chem again o.

1 Like

Re: Physics With Seun Lanlege - Understanding Scientific Theories + Logic Game by BETATRON(m): 7:27pm On Apr 11, 2016
lexiconkabir:
LOL grin The domain should be a set of natural numbers....owkkkk.get your point....na old age deh cause am
Re: Physics With Seun Lanlege - Understanding Scientific Theories + Logic Game by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 11, 2016
joshuabase, the rule is n*m where n,m>0, now n takes its values sequencially, whenever n takes a particular value from the set of natural numbers, then m=1, 2, 3, 4, . . .,
Re: Physics With Seun Lanlege - Understanding Scientific Theories + Logic Game by Nobody: 7:05am On Apr 12, 2016
lexiconkabir:
bros share the question with me na cheesy i'm bored

1) If z= x + jy, determine the Cartersian equation of the locus of the point x which moves in the Argand diagram so that :

|z - 3c|^2 + [z- 3c|^2 = 40

2) if x= x+ jy, show that the lous

arg [z - 1]/ [z - j] = pi/6 is a circle. Find the centre and radius.

Couldn't solve these two at all........ Seriously embarassed embarassed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Indian Python Tries To Swallow An Antelope (Picture) / Learn A Technical Skills &start Making Money With LYNDA / Picture Of Man Who Hunt Corocodile Who Have Eaten Upto 200 People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.