Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,630 members, 7,813,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

Islamists Close Indonesian Church Weeks After It Opened - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islamists Close Indonesian Church Weeks After It Opened (1113 Views)

Akure Baby Who "Spoke 2 Weeks After Birth" (Photo) / Bishop Oyedepo: Islamists Are Bent On Islamizing Nigeria, But This Is Not 1964 / Jesus Christ's Tomb Opened For First Time In 500 Years - See What Is Inside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamists Close Indonesian Church Weeks After It Opened by turboG: 7:13am On Apr 13, 2016
Islamists Close Indonesian Church Weeks after it Opened

An Islamist group in Indonesia has, in front of a local police commander, sealed off a brand new church, torn down its sign and demanded that the local mayor cancel its permit. The Santa Clara Church in Bekasi, a heavily-populated commuter city to the east of the capital, Jakarta, only opened on 7 March.

The Islamic Forum Community (FUI) and other Islamist organisations have been protesting since the church obtained its permit in July 2015, claiming its leaders had used false identity cards to get it.

The Asian Human Rights Commission (AHRC) has started an appeal on the church’s behalf, and asked for supporters to send letters to ten top Indonesian leaders, including the President. The AHRC added that it will write a separate letter to the UN Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Religion or Belief.

The AHRC noted that local law enforcement agencies failed to intervene on the church’s behalf, leaving the congregants in “fear and uncertainty”.

The FUI complained that the church had been built in a community where the majority are Muslims and where Islamic boarding schools also exist. However, the Bekasi mayor refused to annul the church’s permit, saying it had fulfilled all the legal requirements necessary for construction. Indonesia’s Minister of Religion supported the mayor’s decision.

“Despite this, law enforcement agencies have failed to protect the Santa Clara Church congregants; in fact, it seems the agencies have no will or policy to enforce the law against vigilantes. As a result, the church congregation lives under pressure and intimidation,” wrote the AHRC in its letter of appeal.

The AHRC called upon the local police to “take a strong stance” against the FUI and “ensure that the government guarantees protection to the Santa Clara congregation to practise their religion”.

“Furthermore, the government should revise the law on the establishment of worship places without any discrimination among the various religions and beliefs that exist in Indonesia,” the letter concluded.

“In the last decade, the existence of intolerant vigilante groups has become a serious problem in Indonesia,” wrote the AHRC in its letter to supporters. “More importantly, the country’s law enforcement does not seem to be willing or committed to enforcing the law against such groups, despite their actions being in violation of the right to freedom of religion and belief guaranteed in the 1945 Indonesian Constitution. Article 29, Paragraph 2 requires the State to ‘ensure the freedom of every citizen to choose their own religion and to worship according to their religion and belief itself’.”

Indonesia is No. 43 on the 2016 Open Doors World Watch List, which ranks the 50 countries where it is most difficult to be a Christian.

The current events in Bekasi are all too familiar for Christians in the Jakarta area.

In March 2013, the Batak Protestant Church, also in Bekasi, was torn down almost immediately after it had been built. Again, protesting Muslims claimed the church’s leaders had falsified signatures to obtain a permit.

Meanwhile, about 70 kilometres away in Bogor – also a commuter city outside Jakarta – another church continues to hold open-air Sunday morning services next to a main road, because its city mayor is afraid to insist that a Supreme Court order is carried out.

In April 2010, Bogor’s Taman Yasmin Indonesia Christian Church (GKI Yasmin) was sealed and padlocked by order of the mayor of Bogor and the city government. According to a national paper, he claimed that the previous sub-village head had falsified community signatures and that the church brought trouble with local Muslim neighbours. Later he said that the church should not be built on a street with an Islamic name.

In December 2010, the Indonesian Supreme Court affirmed the church’s constitutional right to freedom of worship; however the mayor refused to reopen the church. The Indonesian Ombudsman’s Office also urged the Bogor city administration to withdraw its later 2011 decree annulling the church’s construction permit.

GKI Yasmin’s congregation has resorted to conducting services on the pavement in front of their former church for more than two years. Then they moved to a monthly service in front of the Presidential Palace, alternating with services in other premises. In September last year, the church held its hundredth service outside the palace. A church leader told World Watch Monitor that number has now increased to 115 services.

http://www.divdel.com/blogs/2016/04/islamists-close-indonesian-church-weeks-after-it-opened/
Re: Islamists Close Indonesian Church Weeks After It Opened by mayorkyzo: 7:18am On Apr 13, 2016
Islam!!! Religion of peace
Re: Islamists Close Indonesian Church Weeks After It Opened by delishpot: 7:21am On Apr 13, 2016
Man using religion to divide and conquer since time immemorial
Re: Islamists Close Indonesian Church Weeks After It Opened by Annunaki(m): 8:55am On Apr 13, 2016
Yet some rodents will come and tell us here that islam is a very tolerant religion.
Re: Islamists Close Indonesian Church Weeks After It Opened by proudkafir: 9:07am On Apr 13, 2016
Annunaki:
Yet some rodents will come and tell us here that islam is a very tolerant religion.
Yes Islam is a tolerant religion only where they are minority.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamists Close Indonesian Church Weeks After It Opened by johnydon22(m): 9:34am On Apr 13, 2016
Baffles me how some people claim to have an ALL powerful God but still yet this ALL POWERFUL GOD need them to do a lot of things for it.

To carry out it's struggles and fight for it..

Men worshipping themselves with the assumptions of an external deity

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamists Close Indonesian Church Weeks After It Opened by truthman2012(m): 9:51am On Apr 13, 2016
Am not surprised. Muslims can do the worst things.
Re: Islamists Close Indonesian Church Weeks After It Opened by Blackfire(m): 10:02am On Apr 13, 2016
Annunaki:

Islam is a religion of peace, and our holly prophet is the best of all creation..

How far long time!
Re: Islamists Close Indonesian Church Weeks After It Opened by Blackfire(m): 10:10am On Apr 13, 2016
Islam can never survive in a competitive environment, so its inward mechanism is to dominate with no one to question it.

But other religion survival mechanism is to be able to interact with others.

Islam is afraid of its own very shadow.

Even on this nairaland they ve the khadijat gown covering them in Islamic section and a very sympathetic MOD with them.

If u are a Muslim and u insult me, your life will never remain the same.

Blackfire is back. Where is my ari3l?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamists Close Indonesian Church Weeks After It Opened by dorox(m): 10:21am On Apr 13, 2016
Blackfire:
Islam can never survive in a competitive environment, so its inward mechanism is to dominate with no one to question it.

Even on this nairaland they ve the khadijat gown covering them in Islamic section and a very sympathetic MOD with them.

Well said. It is the only religion that claims to be a religion of peace and will kill whoever disagrees in countries where the peaceful sharia is law.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamists Close Indonesian Church Weeks After It Opened by UyiIredia(m): 10:33am On Apr 13, 2016
Religious bigotry at work. Typical of Muslims.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamists Close Indonesian Church Weeks After It Opened by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 13, 2016
Blackfire:

Islam is a religion of peace, and our holly prophet is the best of all creation..

How far long time!
I hope this is sarcasm. To me he's a wrong that shouldn't have been.
Re: Islamists Close Indonesian Church Weeks After It Opened by Annunaki(m): 11:07am On Apr 13, 2016
Blackfire:

How far long time!

I dey my brother, how market? grin
Re: Islamists Close Indonesian Church Weeks After It Opened by Blackfire(m): 1:45pm On Apr 13, 2016
Annunaki:

I dey my brother, how market? grin

which market? Naira is almost useless now, u carry 1 million naira go sabo then go give u 2,000+ dollar, u bring the goods after paying through your nose, customers that will buy are complaining no salary payed, am telling u ibadan is dry ... Maybe i should join bricklayer's job.
My only savior now is that i saved alot some years back, which can only carry me for a year and half.

My brother like i use to tell my friends, lets be careful how we spend nowadays o. . There nobody to borrow from o.

# Islam is a religion of peace, ask the original meccans before mohamed our prophet..
Re: Islamists Close Indonesian Church Weeks After It Opened by Blackfire(m): 1:52pm On Apr 13, 2016
Reyginus:
I hope this is sarcasm. To me he's a wrong that shouldn't have been.

u criticise our holy prophet u will be judged by shariah and a fatwah will be issue on u, ask truthhurt1, annunaki, gimakon.

Our holy prophet told us this world is ours .

*fixing bomb*
Re: Islamists Close Indonesian Church Weeks After It Opened by Blackfire(m): 1:59pm On Apr 13, 2016
dorox:

Well said. It is the only religion that claims to be a religion of peace and will kill whoever disagrees in countries where the peaceful sharia is law.

u tell me mohamed is a messenger of Allah *i don't ve problem with that, anybody can claim anything*.

But for me to accept your claims i ve to scrutinize and probe the no go areas... U get offended, bring out a weapon to maim me, for asking questions, and u tell me am insulting Allah, is mohamed Allah? Or Allah, mohamed?

A religion built on accumulated lies, protected by violence.

2 Likes

Re: Islamists Close Indonesian Church Weeks After It Opened by Nobody: 6:34pm On Apr 13, 2016
You called me, I am here @Blackfire, Last I heard from ari3l she travelled to Singapore for office work(the last time we talked)

Why these Muslims day hide na?
Re: Islamists Close Indonesian Church Weeks After It Opened by Blackfire(m): 7:00pm On Apr 13, 2016
gimakon:
You called me, I am here @Blackfire, Last I heard from ari3l she travelled to Singapore for office work(the last time we talked)

Why these Muslims day hide na?

Don't mind me jare, just checking up on my peoples.
U get fuel? How u dey cope?
Anytime I visit east,u owe me one ofoma bread.

Na shariah court go settle me and air3l
Re: Islamists Close Indonesian Church Weeks After It Opened by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 13, 2016
Blackfire:

Don't mind me jare, just checking up on my peoples.
U get fuel? How u dey cope?
Anytime I visit east,u owe me one ofoma bread.

Na shariah court go settle me and air3l

grin abeg leave ari3l o, na small pikin. She just day tour round Asia. She's a programmer and works with something like Audit firm... very busy these days.

U always welcome.
Re: Islamists Close Indonesian Church Weeks After It Opened by turboG: 11:09pm On Apr 13, 2016
delishpot:
Man using religion to divide and conquer since time immemorial

True
Re: Islamists Close Indonesian Church Weeks After It Opened by TalkWithLizy: 1:03am On Apr 14, 2016
God's Elect Will Be Deliver Up

Matthew 24:1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.

2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

What are the signs of the end = Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21

Jesus said: God's elect will be deliver up for the gospel must first be published among all nations.

Joel 2:32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.
Who does the calling?
As the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Read More: http://www.biblestudyforlife.com/deliver_up.htm

turboG:
Islamists Close Indonesian Church Weeks after it Opened

An Islamist group in Indonesia has, in front of a local police commander, sealed off a brand new church, torn down its sign and demanded that the local mayor cancel its permit. The Santa Clara Church in Bekasi, a heavily-populated commuter city to the east of the capital, Jakarta, only opened on 7 March.

The Islamic Forum Community (FUI) and other Islamist organisations have been protesting since the church obtained its permit in July 2015, claiming its leaders had used false identity cards to get it.

The Asian Human Rights Commission (AHRC) has started an appeal on the church’s behalf, and asked for supporters to send letters to ten top Indonesian leaders, including the President. The AHRC added that it will write a separate letter to the UN Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Religion or Belief.

The AHRC noted that local law enforcement agencies failed to intervene on the church’s behalf, leaving the congregants in “fear and uncertainty”.

The FUI complained that the church had been built in a community where the majority are Muslims and where Islamic boarding schools also exist. However, the Bekasi mayor refused to annul the church’s permit, saying it had fulfilled all the legal requirements necessary for construction. Indonesia’s Minister of Religion supported the mayor’s decision.

“Despite this, law enforcement agencies have failed to protect the Santa Clara Church congregants; in fact, it seems the agencies have no will or policy to enforce the law against vigilantes. As a result, the church congregation lives under pressure and intimidation,” wrote the AHRC in its letter of appeal.

The AHRC called upon the local police to “take a strong stance” against the FUI and “ensure that the government guarantees protection to the Santa Clara congregation to practise their religion”.

“Furthermore, the government should revise the law on the establishment of worship places without any discrimination among the various religions and beliefs that exist in Indonesia,” the letter concluded.

“In the last decade, the existence of intolerant vigilante groups has become a serious problem in Indonesia,” wrote the AHRC in its letter to supporters. “More importantly, the country’s law enforcement does not seem to be willing or committed to enforcing the law against such groups, despite their actions being in violation of the right to freedom of religion and belief guaranteed in the 1945 Indonesian Constitution. Article 29, Paragraph 2 requires the State to ‘ensure the freedom of every citizen to choose their own religion and to worship according to their religion and belief itself’.”

Indonesia is No. 43 on the 2016 Open Doors World Watch List, which ranks the 50 countries where it is most difficult to be a Christian.

The current events in Bekasi are all too familiar for Christians in the Jakarta area.

In March 2013, the Batak Protestant Church, also in Bekasi, was torn down almost immediately after it had been built. Again, protesting Muslims claimed the church’s leaders had falsified signatures to obtain a permit.

Meanwhile, about 70 kilometres away in Bogor – also a commuter city outside Jakarta – another church continues to hold open-air Sunday morning services next to a main road, because its city mayor is afraid to insist that a Supreme Court order is carried out.

In April 2010, Bogor’s Taman Yasmin Indonesia Christian Church (GKI Yasmin) was sealed and padlocked by order of the mayor of Bogor and the city government. According to a national paper, he claimed that the previous sub-village head had falsified community signatures and that the church brought trouble with local Muslim neighbours. Later he said that the church should not be built on a street with an Islamic name.

In December 2010, the Indonesian Supreme Court affirmed the church’s constitutional right to freedom of worship; however the mayor refused to reopen the church. The Indonesian Ombudsman’s Office also urged the Bogor city administration to withdraw its later 2011 decree annulling the church’s construction permit.

GKI Yasmin’s congregation has resorted to conducting services on the pavement in front of their former church for more than two years. Then they moved to a monthly service in front of the Presidential Palace, alternating with services in other premises. In September last year, the church held its hundredth service outside the palace. A church leader told World Watch Monitor that number has now increased to 115 services.

http://www.divdel.com/blogs/2016/04/islamists-close-indonesian-church-weeks-after-it-opened/
Re: Islamists Close Indonesian Church Weeks After It Opened by turboG: 6:35am On Apr 17, 2016
God will deliver HIS Own in Time of Trouble.

TalkWithLizy:
God's Elect Will Be Deliver Up

Matthew 24:1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.

2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

What are the signs of the end = Matthew 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21

Jesus said: God's elect will be deliver up for the gospel must first be published among all nations.

Joel 2:32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.
Who does the calling?
As the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Read More: http://www.biblestudyforlife.com/deliver_up.htm

Re: Islamists Close Indonesian Church Weeks After It Opened by mentorandfriend(m): 8:06am On Apr 17, 2016
Blackfire:

The caveat protecting Islamic threads here is laughable.

If Islam truly genuine and true, they shouldn't be afraid to be open to discussions. But no, they rather prefer to keep living in denial of the satanic, blood thirsty, intolerant cult that Islam really is.

I look at how they massage their deception in their threads and I laugh and feel pity for them at the same time.

But what do I know? Nothing. I'm just concerned about a group of people hiding behind a religion to unleash terror on innocent, peace loving people. It's an open fact that most terrorists all over the world are Muslims.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamists Close Indonesian Church Weeks After It Opened by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 17, 2016
mentorandfriend:

If Islam truly genuine and true, they shouldn't be afraid to be open to discussions. But no, they rather prefer to keep living in denial of the satanic, blood thirsty, intolerant cult that Islam really is.

I look at how they massage their deception in their threads and I laugh and feel pity for them at the same time.

But what do I know? Nothing. I'm just concerned about a group of people hiding behind a religion to unleash terror on innocent, peace loving people. It's an open fact that most terrorists all over the world are Muslims.

Very correct sir. Islam remains a formidable threat to the existence of mankind in general.

Yes. It can never survive an open and competitive environment because no sane person would want to belong to a group that supports the beheading of people who don't believe in its tenets and values.

Civilisation is a threat to Islam, hence the use of threats and violence in order to preserve it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamists Close Indonesian Church Weeks After It Opened by proudkafir: 8:43am On Apr 17, 2016
mentorandfriend:

No big deal, even their criminal prophet boasted and I quote: I HAVE BEEN MADE VICTORIOUS THROUGH TERROR (sahih bukhari 4: 52, 220).

So terrorism is part of the sunnah of the Islamic prophet (hiss be upon him).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamists Close Indonesian Church Weeks After It Opened by Blackfire(m): 8:59am On Apr 17, 2016
mentorandfriend:

the ones we think are reasonable or atleast knows Islam well.. Atleast for those ones to leave there protective cave in the Islamic section to come here and debate, or lecture us if we are truly misquoting, misinterpreting and MISSISSIPPI-ing Islam.. What do u get from them insult, sapping, mudslinging... These are the ones who call themselves moderate, educated, enlightened.

Just ask this slaves three questions, they will lie, twist, shout and scream just to show u how mad they are.

This is the computer age where information is open..

I call on seun, and those sympathetic MODs to pull down that khadijat gown protecting them, if they are so sure of Islam.

There is a thin line between a quiet Muslim and a jihadist mujahadin... Just a little nudge.

Asalam walaiykum..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islamists Close Indonesian Church Weeks After It Opened by mentorandfriend(m): 9:00am On Apr 17, 2016
dearpreye:

Very correct sir. Islam remains a formidable threat to the existence of mankind in general.

Yes. It can never survive an open and competitive environment because no sane person would want to belong to a group that supports the beheading of people who don't believe in its tenets and values.

Civilisation is a threat to Islam, hence the use of threats and violence in order to preserve it.
Exactly sir. Good morning and Happy Sunday to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamists Close Indonesian Church Weeks After It Opened by turboG: 9:18pm On Apr 20, 2016
mentorandfriend:
Exactly sir. Good morning and Happy Sunday to you.

Yes sir

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Benny Hinn Supports Miracle Money Pastor Uebert Angel / See What Apostle Suleman & His Wife Did Today In Church(Pics) / Bible Proof Of Anunnaki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.