Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,110 members, 7,845,676 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Battle Of The Sexes - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Battle Of The Sexes (462 Views)

Battle Of The Sexes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Battle Of The Sexes by GreyLaw(m): 8:46am On Apr 13, 2016
Seriously, what sane man keeps a doormat for a wife? If your joy is complete only when your wife and other female folk worship you as subject to king, then you are dangerously short on confidence, and your upbringing would need a hardware factory reset.

At the market many years ago, this man was haggling with some woman. In a beat, the man dismissed the woman with, "What are you? Aren't you just a woman?!?" That statement made my stomach churn. Unfortunately, that's the way many males look at women.

They feel insulted when a woman says no to their request for a relationship, get angry if a woman of same age walks past without greeting, and then get mad when a smart lady demands to be respected!

To such men, I say, you are in trouble! The world is moving; you better build your self-confidence and become a real man, the type not intimidated by a woman's intelligence or success.

You then get to hear dreamy-eyed stuff like, "But Sarah called Abraham lord". I hear you! But remember that the same Sarah had so much influence over her husband, Abraham. She literally pushed him into having a sexual relationship with her maid, Hagar, which produced the kid, Ismael. And when Sarah felt slighted by Hagar, she also demanded that she be sent away. As usual, Abraham had no choice in that. Hagar was gone in a blink!

Point: Sarah was no doormat! She respected her husband, but also wielded serious influence over him.

In these days of phony CHANGE, if all a woman brings to the family table are multiple genuflections and "yes sirs", all in the name of respect, it won't be enough! Women should be encouraged to use their talents and education to further the cause of their homes.

Women's rights are also HUMAN rights. Let's not begin to act as though they are subhuman species asking for goodies made only for human males. Sometimes, all they are asking for is a little more respect and assistance at home, and at the office. You didn't marry a cook or dish washer; just some help with house chores will do the magic!

And to the extreme feminists - I was sure coming to you - don't get it upside-down. Real men are not your problem. It's just that there are roles women are traditionally and congenitally more equipped to perform far better than the men.

You think cooking food for the family is some base job? Think again!! You think changing the baby's diapers and breastfeeding are menial jobs? You're wrong! Truth is that you ALONE can carry the home like you do, like you have always done.

I know you'd like to head the home and bark out instructions for your husband to follow, but it won't work. There'll be chaos. I mean, the world will literally go to war! And I'm not interested in such fight.

If we all did our bits well, misandry-like feminism, and misogyny, wouldn't then be necessary.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

**who Is A Woman?????** / Baby Carriages With Bonus Diaper Bag At Micostar Mall / Pros And Cons Of Dating And Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.