Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,678 members, 7,823,916 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Do U Know Sql Server ? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Do U Know Sql Server ? (820 Views)

Excel To Microsoft Sql Server / Vb.net Code To Display Image In Picturebox From Sql Server / Oracle Vs Sql Server (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do U Know Sql Server ? by bigafees: 10:25am On Aug 03, 2009
The SQL Server 2005 that i installed, i can't find any Database icon there, from START menu i use to see the following:

CONFIGURATION TOOLS
1. sql server configuration manager
2. sql server error and usage reports
3. sql server surface area configuration.

So i can find Sql Management Studio in what i installed. I need more assistant on how i can connect to my database, God will blessed whole house.

One Love
Re: Do U Know Sql Server ? by quadrillio(m): 1:27pm On Aug 03, 2009
try get another management studio and install
Re: Do U Know Sql Server ? by bigafees: 1:38pm On Aug 03, 2009
Thanks quadrillio
is the SQL SERVER MANAGEMENT STUDIO are in the software? or i'm going to get another software for that thanks
Re: Do U Know Sql Server ? by quadrillio(m): 2:03pm On Aug 03, 2009
in comes with d SQL SERVER INSTALLATION software,

but u can also download it here

http://www.brothersoft.com/sql-server-management-studio-express-62057.html

hope that helps
Safe
Re: Do U Know Sql Server ? by Kobojunkie: 3:36pm On Aug 03, 2009
You have to select to download the option that actually includes the Database Server Engine itself. http://www.microsoft.com/express/sql/download/
Re: Do U Know Sql Server ? by BigStar1(m): 4:55pm On Aug 03, 2009
By default the management studio should have been installed along with the full package.
Except if your system does not fully satisfied the requirement. Of which the major one that can cause this kind of problem is the deactivation of IIS. To solve this issue, goto your control panel and put things in place. The steps depend on the kind of window you are using i would have stated the steps.
NB If you are using window vista home premium like my own, it's a pity that it doesn't support the required iis feature, as sql server management studio can not work on it. but you can still have your database running which you can access from other packages like the gurus have said ealier.
That's my findings, but if anybody know how to overcome the problem of vista home premium and sql server management studio, pls let's know
Re: Do U Know Sql Server ? by dag(m): 9:12pm On Aug 03, 2009
Sequel server 2005 is a pretty straight forward install, and if there are issues you can fix from the posts i,ve seen so far on the thread. but the following knowledge might help.
IF your using the express edition of sql server it does not come with the management studio, it is just the engine, but can be worked with using other IDE like visual studio.
my advice is get the standard edition of sql server and follow the rest of the suggestions from the guru
Re: Do U Know Sql Server ? by bigafees: 10:03am On Aug 04, 2009
Thanks Guru in the house, a'v download the one with management studio

I appreaciate ur contribution

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of ERP In Nigeria? / Pls Help Me Out On This Vb.net Problem. / Would you do this interview assessment task for an employer ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.