Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

The UC Series Is Over - What Should Naughty Dog Work On Now? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / The UC Series Is Over - What Should Naughty Dog Work On Now? (1460 Views)

Watch Out For The New Hit From NAUGHTY DOG, The Last Of Us 2. / HELP!! How Can I Make Modern Combat 4 Work On Android 5.1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The UC Series Is Over - What Should Naughty Dog Work On Now? by FosterFerret(m): 10:10am On Apr 13, 2016
As we pretty much all know, UC4 will be the last in the series (side note: UC2 is my favourite) - what new IP do you think Naughty Dog should work on now? I know virtually everyone will say a sequel to The Last of Us, but I think TLoU is one of those games that is fundamentally satisfying only as a standalone.
The creative designers at Naughty Dog have a flawless track record, so I'm pretty sure whatever they make will turn heads once again. I want to hear (edit: read) your crazy ideas.
Re: The UC Series Is Over - What Should Naughty Dog Work On Now? by wolewolsz(m): 3:54pm On Apr 13, 2016
An open world game from them wouldn't be a bad idea
Re: The UC Series Is Over - What Should Naughty Dog Work On Now? by hakinze00(m): 8:28pm On Apr 13, 2016
Certainly last of us 2 or maybe a reboot of crash bandicoot won't be bad too
Re: The UC Series Is Over - What Should Naughty Dog Work On Now? by Jeromejnr(m): 5:47am On Apr 14, 2016
They are presently working on the Last of Us 2.
Re: The UC Series Is Over - What Should Naughty Dog Work On Now? by FosterFerret(m): 8:21am On Apr 14, 2016
I'm all for a reboot of Crash Bandicoot (I mean, look how well R&C's reboot is doing). Bring back the nostalgic Kart days! And I'm pretty sure I read an interview with Bruce Straley and Neil Druckmann where they said TLoU is not something they've been thinking about and would love to follow up.
hakinze00:
Certainly last of us 2 or maybe a reboot of crash bandicoot won't be bad too
Re: The UC Series Is Over - What Should Naughty Dog Work On Now? by hakinze00(m): 9:45am On Apr 14, 2016
FosterFerret:
I'm all for a reboot of Crash Bandicoot (I mean, look how well R&C's reboot is doing). Bring back the nostalgic Kart days! And I'm pretty sure I read an interview with Bruce Straley and Neil Druckmann where they said TLoU is not something they've been thinking about and would love to follow up.
am telling u,Ratchet and clank reboot is just wonderful,well I knw naughty dog takes their tym b4 making any game but I knw surely they will have smtin surprising to announce in E3 this year,let's keep our fingers crossed
Re: The UC Series Is Over - What Should Naughty Dog Work On Now? by FosterFerret(m): 1:03pm On Apr 14, 2016
I don't think they'll have anything new to showcase/announce at E3 this year. By the time E3 is here, Uncharted 4 will have been only a month old, and they'll probably only be working on expansion packs. Their working principle is in the same vein as 2K's and Rockstar's, with our patience getting the blunt edge of it.
hakinze00:
am telling u,Ratchet and clank reboot is just wonderful,well I knw naughty dog takes their tym b4 making any game but I knw surely they will have smtin surprising to announce in E3 this year,let's keep our fingers crossed
Re: The UC Series Is Over - What Should Naughty Dog Work On Now? by hakinze00(m): 2:21pm On Apr 14, 2016
FosterFerret:
I don't think they'll have anything new to showcase/announce at E3 this year. By the time E3 is here, Uncharted 4 will have been only a month old, and they'll probably only be working on expansion packs. Their working principle is in the same vain as 2K's and Rockstar's, with our patience getting the blunt edge of it.
I will disagree with u on that,2k games got some yearly products lyk wwe nd nba u shud ve said rockstar games only well they are both under take-two interactive but u re right sha,naughty dog takes their time to make new games,imagine there was a 5years difference btw uncharted 3 nd d upcoming uncharted 4,I just hope we won't wait dat long for last of us 2 too
Re: The UC Series Is Over - What Should Naughty Dog Work On Now? by FosterFerret(m): 2:46pm On Apr 14, 2016
Visual Concepts actually handles the development of NBA and WWE, not 2K. 2K in turn publishes both games. I was referring to 2K's policy as an AAA developer. The Bioshock series is a great reference for my point. And Take-Two's acquisition of Rockstar did not include a team overhaul, so Rockstar still has its team of developers. Now 2K games as a developer — not the publisher this time — is as much a pain in the a** as Rockstar.
hakinze00:
I will disagree with u on that,2k games got some yearly products lyk wwe nd nba u shud ve said rockstar games only well they are both under take-two interactive but u re right sha,naughty dog takes their time to make new games,imagine there was a 5years difference btw uncharted 3 nd d upcoming uncharted 4,I just hope we won't wait dat long for last of us 2 too
Re: The UC Series Is Over - What Should Naughty Dog Work On Now? by hakinze00(m): 3:23pm On Apr 14, 2016
FosterFerret:
Visual Concepts actually handles the development of NBA and WWE, not 2K. 2K in turn publishes both games. I was referring to 2K's policy as an AAA developer. The Bioshock series is a great reference for my point. And Take-Two's acquisition of Rockstar did not include a team overhaul, so Rockstar still has its team of developers. Now 2K games as a developer — not the publisher this time — is as much a pain in the a** as Rockstar.
I tink u mixing tins up,I would have loved to give u a break down abt ow dis developers are grouped but it will just be a waste of time,quite alright AAA games are not rushed into but still it doesn't still affect the fact that I want TLOU 2 from naughty dog
Re: The UC Series Is Over - What Should Naughty Dog Work On Now? by FosterFerret(m): 3:37pm On Apr 14, 2016
Take-Two is the parent company with titles spread across RS and 2K, right? 2K Games has its divisions - 2K Sports is one, and it consists of a development studio, Visual Concepts, which handles the NBA and WWE games. Now, my point is centered around divisional IP developers like 2K Boston (they handle the Bioshock series, I believe). They're notorious for delays.
hakinze00:
I tink u mixing tins up,I would have loved to give u a break down abt ow dis developers are grouped but it will just be a waste of time,quite alright AAA games are not rushed into but still it doesn't still affect the fact that I want TLOU 2 from naughty dog
Re: The UC Series Is Over - What Should Naughty Dog Work On Now? by hakinze00(m): 3:42pm On Apr 14, 2016
FosterFerret:
Take-Two is the parent company with IPs spread across RS and 2K, right? 2K Games has its divisions - 2K Sports is one, and it consists of the development studio Visual Concepts, which handles the NBA and WWE games. Now, my point is centered around divisional IP developers like 2K Boston (they handle the Bioshock series, I believe. They're notorious for delays.
now u re talking,dats very true

(1) (Reply)

This Is The Most Challenging Game On Play Store. / How Many Words Can You Find In This Puzzle? / TQ Trivia Free Game App - Win Atleast 5k Cash Price Everyday Within 15 Minutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.