Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Need Help! Honda Accord 2003 Atf Change, Where Can I Get Honda Atf-z1 - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Need Help! Honda Accord 2003 Atf Change, Where Can I Get Honda Atf-z1 (4452 Views)

I Need Honda Atf Z1 Fluid @ A Reasonable Price Or An Alternative For Eod V6 / SOLD! SOLD!! Genuine Honda ATF-Z1 Transmission Fluid. 6 Quarts Bottles Available / Where can I get Honda Accord 2003 Owner’s Manual (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help! Honda Accord 2003 Atf Change, Where Can I Get Honda Atf-z1 by webmaster3: 11:16am On Aug 03, 2009
Hello all, I have a honda accord 2003 and i wan't to flush out my automatic transmission fluid and replace it with a new fluid. I have read the honda manual that came with my car and also browsed the internet for information and honda strictly recommends Honda ATF-Z1 fluid. Please where can i get the Honda fluid in Nigeria, lagos to be precise. Has anybody changed thier ATF for Honda accord 2003 and above?, where can i do this in Lagos.
Re: Need Help! Honda Accord 2003 Atf Change, Where Can I Get Honda Atf-z1 by jtoliver: 11:27am On Aug 05, 2009
I also need this for my CR-V! Somebody, anybody, please help with the needed info, sad
Re: Need Help! Honda Accord 2003 Atf Change, Where Can I Get Honda Atf-z1 by jtoliver: 12:13pm On Aug 05, 2009
bump
Re: Need Help! Honda Accord 2003 Atf Change, Where Can I Get Honda Atf-z1 by KunleA2(m): 12:39pm On Aug 05, 2009
web_master:

Hello all, I have a honda accord 2003 and i wan't to flush out my automatic transmission fluid and replace it with a new fluid. I have read the honda manual that came with my car and also browsed the internet for information and honda strictly recommends Honda ATF-Z1 fluid. Please where can i get the Honda fluid in Nigeria, lagos to be precise. Has anybody changed thier ATF for Honda accord 2003 and above?, where can i do this in Lagos.

jtoliver:

I also need this for my CR-V! Somebody, anybody, please help with the needed info,   sad

When you find will you pls let me know? The price is almost $10 here in the US and u can only get it mostly thru the Honda dealers. I do understand that there are some substitute for it too. some ppl have claimed that there's no difference from the Original Honda ATF-Z1 and the substitute while others disagree.  undecided

Anyways, the main issue to watch out for in Naija is the issue of fake one! I can imagine them oozing out everywhere in Ladipo mkt or so. Just be careful.

Have u guys tried Honda dealerships in Lagos for a Genuine ones? Don't cut corners, the fluid will always be cheaper than replacing your transmission.  undecided  Let me know how you fare. How much did u get it for.

Good luck.
Re: Need Help! Honda Accord 2003 Atf Change, Where Can I Get Honda Atf-z1 by jtoliver: 12:41pm On Aug 05, 2009
By the way, I did some research on substitutes for the Honda ATF-Z1, and it would seem that the Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF would be a very good choice (check this link: https://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Other_Products/Mobil_1_Synthetic_ATF.aspx), since it looks like no one knows where we can get the original Honda ATF-Z1 here. Please note of transmission exception for Honda vehicles in the link (not applicable for CVTs).

I am guessing that reputable Mobil gas stations in Lagos would be selling this, i hope!  wink
Re: Need Help! Honda Accord 2003 Atf Change, Where Can I Get Honda Atf-z1 by webmaster3: 12:58pm On Aug 05, 2009
@jtoliver: I just stopped at Mobil filling station around awolowo rd ikoyi to get the Mobil 1 synthetic but they don't sell it, and i've tried all other mobil stations but no success, can u imagine. However i managed to get an ATF called "CEPSA" at mobil, its a Detox III ATF fluid which is what is specified by honda, but am yet to use it, I just put it in my boot and am still searching for the Honda ATF-z1. If anyone knows where i can get the Honda ATF-z1 please help before i use that CEPSA ATF.
Re: Need Help! Honda Accord 2003 Atf Change, Where Can I Get Honda Atf-z1 by KunleA2(m): 1:03pm On Aug 05, 2009
check honda dealers na undecided
Re: Need Help! Honda Accord 2003 Atf Change, Where Can I Get Honda Atf-z1 by KunleA2(m): 1:10pm On Aug 05, 2009
web_master:

@jtoliver: I just stopped at Mobil filling station around awolowo rd ikoyi to get the Mobil 1 synthetic but they don't sell it, and i've tried all other mobil stations but no success, can u imagine. However i managed to get an ATF called "CEPSA" at mobil, its a Detox III ATF fluid which is what is specified by honda, but am yet to use it, I just put it in my boot and am still searching for the Honda ATF-z1. If anyone knows where i can get the Honda ATF-z1 please help before i use that CEPSA ATF.

This link might help u out. Good luck

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Atf-z1_is_the_same_as_dexronIII
Re: Need Help! Honda Accord 2003 Atf Change, Where Can I Get Honda Atf-z1 by webmaster3: 1:18pm On Aug 05, 2009
@Kunle-A, Thanks for the link, was really informative. Simply means i need to throw away the CEPSA ATF oil, well i just called Honda Place and they informed me that they have MOBIL ATF oil. I'll drive down there to get it, but HONDA PLACE dey charge ooooo, and thats what am avoiding.
Re: Need Help! Honda Accord 2003 Atf Change, Where Can I Get Honda Atf-z1 by KunleA2(m): 1:22pm On Aug 05, 2009
web_master:

@Kunle-A, Thanks for the link, was really informative. Simply means i need to throw away the CEPSA ATF oil, well i just called Honda Place and they informed me that they have MOBIL ATF oil. I'll drive down there to get it, but HONDA PLACE dey charge ooooo, and thats what am avoiding.

No problem. How much the Honda place they charge? Pls keep me posted whenever u know. At least you know that its genuine stuff undecided

Unless you really trust ur source i wouldn't get it just anywhere. You might be jumping from frying pan to fire.
Re: Need Help! Honda Accord 2003 Atf Change, Where Can I Get Honda Atf-z1 by webmaster3: 1:29pm On Aug 05, 2009
@Kunle-A, well the guy i spoke to at Honda Place told me it will cost 8,500 to buy and change the ATF+ workmanship which is not so bad, am thinking of driving down to the place this saturday to get the ATF changed.
Re: Need Help! Honda Accord 2003 Atf Change, Where Can I Get Honda Atf-z1 by KunleA2(m): 1:41pm On Aug 05, 2009
Depends on how many litres it will take to fill up the transmission. Just worried about getting fake oils. Here its about $10 for 1 quart (about 0.95ltrs). Keep us posted whatever u decided to do pls.

1 Like

Re: Need Help! Honda Accord 2003 Atf Change, Where Can I Get Honda Atf-z1 by jtoliver: 2:16pm On Aug 05, 2009
@web_master: Do keep us posted on how much it all took to change your ATF. Could you also ask if they sell just the Mobil ATF? I would probably go to Honda Place one of these days, it's just a PITA to go down there from Ibadan. I also find it amazing that a Honda dealer will be using a third-party ATF and not the Honda ATF-Z1.

Make sure as well that they use the Mobil 1 SYNTHETIC ATF and NOT the Multi-Vehicle one or other types, they are quite different,
Re: Need Help! Honda Accord 2003 Atf Change, Where Can I Get Honda Atf-z1 by jtoliver: 12:03pm On Aug 07, 2009
@web_master: Any updates on this?
Re: Need Help! Honda Accord 2003 Atf Change, Where Can I Get Honda Atf-z1 by webmaster3: 12:38pm On Aug 07, 2009
@jtoliver: No update yet ooo. Am planning to go over to Honda Place this weekend, saturday to be precise so you should get an update on Monday.
Re: Need Help! Honda Accord 2003 Atf Change, Where Can I Get Honda Atf-z1 by KunleA2(m): 12:44pm On Aug 07, 2009
Keenly watching too myself.
Re: Need Help! Honda Accord 2003 Atf Change, Where Can I Get Honda Atf-z1 by jtoliver: 2:45pm On Aug 07, 2009
Thanks web_master, will watch out for your updates here.
Re: Need Help! Honda Accord 2003 Atf Change, Where Can I Get Honda Atf-z1 by jtoliver: 9:41am On Aug 12, 2009
Re: Need Help! Honda Accord 2003 Atf Change, Where Can I Get Honda Atf-z1 by ayusman16(m): 12:29pm On Nov 09, 2010
Is Oando oil a good susbstitute for ATF-z1?
Re: Need Help! Honda Accord 2003 Atf Change, Where Can I Get Honda Atf-z1 by KunleA2(m): 12:33pm On Nov 09, 2010
ayusman16:

Is Oando oil a good susbstitute for ATF-z1?

To the best of my knowledge, there is no substitute for ATF-Z1
Re: Need Help! Honda Accord 2003 Atf Change, Where Can I Get Honda Atf-z1 by ayusman16(m): 12:34pm On Nov 09, 2010
So where in this country can someone get the original atf? You dealers can help by importing some for us?
Re: Need Help! Honda Accord 2003 Atf Change, Where Can I Get Honda Atf-z1 by ikhiaonose: 3:18pm On Jun 19, 2011
If ATF Z1 is not available in Nigeria,then we should be importing and selling it

(1) (Reply)

Cheap Naija Used 2006 Toyota Prado Jeep For Sale / Like New Tokunbo Lexus RX330 2005 Model (sold sold) / Peugeot 307 In Abuja For Quick Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.