Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,268 members, 7,864,388 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:22 PM

Meet The Most Promising R&B Artiste In Nigeria - Signed To Reminisce Label - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet The Most Promising R&B Artiste In Nigeria - Signed To Reminisce Label (1264 Views)

Iyanya Signed To Temple Music; Confirms Leaving Don Jazzy's Mavin Records / Alex Ozone: “Olamide Is Highest Paid Artiste In Nigeria” / Tiwa Savage: I Am The Most Popular Female Artiste In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Most Promising R&B Artiste In Nigeria - Signed To Reminisce Label by Akinonnairaland(m): 4:39pm On Apr 13, 2016
Musical talent is a matter of aptitude, not instinct. Some people are born with greater aptitude, and they develop skill on a musical instrument much faster than do others and rise to higher stages of advancement for Sojay, music has always been a part of his life.

Born Chinedum Samuel Okorie, Sojay is an RnB artist from Obowo, Imo State. A graduate of Computer Science from the University of Port Harcourt, Sojay was raised by a strong mother who provided him the best of opportunities and a firm foundation that has helped nurture the rare talent he possesses. Like many other Nigerian Musician, Sojay cuts his teeth by singing in church, Sojay decided to take up music as a career in 2010 after which he released an EP featuring songs like “Slow Down”, “I want you”, “Special Person” and “Body” which caught the attention of LRR Records to sign him to an exclusive recording deal.

With no doubt, Sojay is a talented musician, Sojay to many is not a new name especially to the fans of Baba Hafusa himself Reminisce as he (Sojay) has featured on several of his (Reminisce) songs., but, if you do not know Sojay by now, then i must say you have been missing out on lovely music this young man has dished out over the years. Let us quickly look at the journey of one of Nigeria's hottest musical talent.

January 30, 2013, off eLDee Undeniable Album, eLDee releases a song titled "We Made It" featuring Sojay. That was the first time i will be listening to Sojay. Sojay was so alive one on the song. He blesses the song with those sweet voice of his right after eLDee introduces himself and appreciating everybody for buying his album.

As Sojay flows with the beat, i was like, "Who's this? he's so good, well let's wait to see sha, he might just be a one time artiste like every other artiste who feature on a song and then disappear". At the end of the song, eLDee concluded with the words "Thank you Sojay, the World is yours".

February 11, 2013, after he showed off his vocal skills on eLDee’s Undeniable album with a scintillating verse on “Higher” and his heartfelt chorus on “We Made It”; then he made things personal with his fan-favorite rendition of Drake’s “Marvin’s Room” aptly entitled “Sojay’s Room”. With an introduction by eLDee himself, describing him as African number one R&B singer, Sojay, was unleashed then with that single.

Signed to eLDee's Trybe Records, Sojay went on to feature on other songs too in 2013, but, this song with eLDee was the one that caught my attention. Let's quickly move on to 2014. The year he got signed to his current Label.

December 22, 2014, Sojay joins Reminisce on Les Roses Rouges Record Label, a record label owned by Reminisce, Reminisce made the announcement via his Instagram account and captioned a picture of him and Sojay together signing the dotted lines saying ‘It’s Official!!!! @therealsojay joins the #IBILEARMY #LRR#EDGE.. #TheVoice.’

He also announced that the two of them will be releasing a song together soon.

So Sojay music career started officially with his record label in 2014, as announced by Reminisce, collaborations followed. Rock right now was the first collaboration released by Sojay to mark his entrance to the ever growing industry. Released the same day he was signed, it was a well rendered piece which features Reminisce.

Right from the first time i listen to that song, I started keeping tab on the boy Sojay who i predict a lovely future for, i saw exactly what Reminisce saw in him that made him signed him up. He was that talented that you have no choice but to love him. His voice was so enticing that the song will be on replay for a long time before you allow another song come in.
So, that was it for the year 2014, 2015 looks more like the year Sojay will BLOW as we do say
here in Nigeria, i expected him to take the industry by storm in 2015.

January 26, 2015, Reminisce releases a single off his album "Baba Hafusa" titled "Let it be Known" Reminisce killed the song as usual but tell me you didn't notice Sojay's contribution towards the end of the song. Sojay rendition was a drop of honey on the already delicious delicacy.

March 4, 2015, Reminisce again featured Baseone and Sojay on a song he titled "Try Me -Ibile Army" which was originally recorded by Def loaf. Sojay yet again delivered like a darling that he is. The Chorus was engaging, then his verse, Oh my God, he was so on point. But, after this lovely song, what else of Sojay?

April 23, 2015, On his birthday, Sojay released his first single titled "Wicked". The song can be describe as the best of RnB right from the corner of the street of Lagos. The single was a lovely one, not a bad way to start if you ask me, A dance-able beat gives it that style most Nigerians looks for in a song, i was so delighted, i knew it, he was on his way to the top of the charts. But i was wrong as the single drop, he didn't made it to the number 10 position of any music chart. (Sad).

June 11, 2015, Sojay was called upon by Boogey, for a song titled If You Knew. The Nigeria RnB musician did justice yet again to the Black Intelligence produced track. The song featured on "Top" Nigerian music blog. I was among those who once again enjoyed a song featuring my darling Sojay. With respect to Boogey, i think the song was on those Blog because Sojay was on the track.

August 10, 2015, Five Months after the released of his first single, Sojay came back with an audio and video of this song titled "Baby". The song came with a lovely beat that reminds everyone of the galagala dance that rocks the Nigerian music world some years back. Though it was a nice song, it was not one of my favourite from my darling Sojay as i felt he can do better than this. No wonder in 2016, Sojay released the same song with the same beat but with another title "Garawa" featuring Olamide Badoo to spice it up maybe.

September 8, 2015, Few weeks after the release of "Baby", Sojay released yet another single, this time he featured Reminisce, his Boss and of course Label mate, the song was titled "Sugar Cane". On this one, Sojay display those skills that made me fall in love with his music. From his choice of lyrics to the delivery of his verse after Reminisce opened the floor, you will have no choice but to enjoy this raw talent. But, as usual, Sugar cane was just a song that remained on the phone of some people maybe because Reminisce was featured on it or because they want to hear what the two artiste put together then they delete the song (an habit that is common this days). No air play (I have not come across a radio station playing the song though).

November 2, 2015, Sojay released Say Something. Say something is a love song that will wow any girl anyday, perfect lyrics, perfect beat, lovely voice to compliment this. I asked myself, "Why is he not topping the music chart with lovely music like this? can we say his label is not doing too much for him?" Well, those questions kept me wondering when exactly will Sojay break into the top where he belong? Because, for me, he should be on top by now.

November 19, 2015, Sojay stole my heart completely. Everyone was talking about Omawumi's cover of Adele "Hello" released November 10, 2015, Sojay came up with his own cover of the Music chart topping song. Sojay's Hello was the best cover of that song by any other musician i must confess. Sojay added his own verse, which goes really well with the song. Am sure Adele will be proud of this cover. I was close to tears listening to this cover and of course reminiscing on the career of this young man. He is so good, he deserve to be on top of his game by now. What is stopping him? that's a question i can't answer.

December 23, 2015, Just two days before Christmas, Sojay released a romantic Christmas song titled "Best Christmas". For me, it was a perfect gift from Sojay because the song remain one of the best Christmas songs i have listened to by a Nigerian.

December 24, 2015, 2Shortz made a come back to the Nigeria music industry with a single titled "Playing Games". 2Shortz would have choosed to feature Reminisce, Olamide, Davido, Wizkid or any other top Nigerian musician but he choosed to make his comeback with Sojay. Some claim this song was a reply to his wife (2Shortz) who he was having a difficult time with at the moment, if that's true, then i guess 2Shortz choosed Sojay because he knows Sojay has in him the ability to unlock any woman with his soft voice. Ask 2Shortz am sure he will testify to what i just said.

So that was it for the year 2015, Sojay was busy with lovely singles, the question then was, when will this man BLOW? An album was announced to drop in the year 2016, I can't wait i said to myself.

January 14, 2016, Sojay started the year with a feature on Drew song titled "Cruise". The song also featured Capital Hills Mz Kiss produced by Mic Davi, Sojay took the chorus, picking up from where he stop in the year before he was at his best. A lovely song to start a year with, a year his album is to hit us.

February 8, 2016, Southern Queen Kessy Driz called on Sojay to bless her song titled "Our Love". The song was produced by Danny Blaze and Tommy Beatz, it was a fine sexy fusion of R&B and reggae, showcasing beautiful vocals, harmonies while carrying the message of love. This song exposes Sojay talent even more as i await his album with great joy.

February 11, 2016, Sojay made announcement of his album titled "So Far" by releasing a single off the album titled "Fook you". (Ashewo, so this is the only song you want to listen to abi)

April 11, 2016, Sojay album finally hit the market yesterday. With lovely music put together to make you enjoy the best of Nigeria's brightest talent. Here is the list of the songs that made up this lovely album.

Track List

1. Sojay - Worker Harder (Interlude)
2. Sojay - One Day
3. Sojay Ft Reminisce - Sugar Cane
4. Sojay Ft Olamide - Garawa
5. Sojay - Everyday
6. Sojay - Say Something
7. Sojay - Holiday
8. Sojay - Fill my cup
9. Sojay - The Manual
10. Sojay - Fook you

Re: Meet The Most Promising R&B Artiste In Nigeria - Signed To Reminisce Label by TrollinStone: 9:08am On Apr 14, 2016
Never knew he was Igbo. Dada wey dey sing r n b.

See now, someone is talking bout talent, the noisemakers are nowhere to be found. But go to any thread of all those nuisances disguising as artistes they'll be there arguing and spitting trash. Smh

(1) (Reply)

Woman Who Was Mad For 35years,is Now A Choir Mistress In Abia State Church.. / Lepacious: Eat Breakfast Like A King, Lunch Like A Prince & Dinner Like A Beggar / You Will Not See My Buttocks Or Sexual Explicit Scene Again – Majid Michel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.