Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,543 members, 7,827,029 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Dad Reunites With Daughter After Finding Her In A Homeless Shelter 2 Years After - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dad Reunites With Daughter After Finding Her In A Homeless Shelter 2 Years After (589 Views)

"How A Retired Major Treated His Daughter After She Got Pregnant In 100 Level" / Lady Takes Care Of A Homeless Street Boy She Met In Akwa Ibom. Photos / Man Reunites With Ex-Girlfriend 2 Years After Forgetting He Impregnated Her. PIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dad Reunites With Daughter After Finding Her In A Homeless Shelter 2 Years After by OPNblog(f): 10:00am On Apr 15, 2016
41 year old Bryan Thouvenel, of Oregon, was devastated when his ex gf and baby mama took their then 2 year old daughter Harmony Rain Thouvenel, and disappeared for 2 years without contacting him. Thouvenel who has 2 other children, a 17 year old and a 14 year old, said he had spent years and time trying to track them down to no avail.
Luckily, last June, one of his friends called him to say that he thought he saw a little girl who looked like his daughter at a Salvation Army homeless shelter.
He got in his car with his mother beside him and drove to the shelter in Spokane Wsshington.
The father had in March of 2015 been granted custody of Harmony, so when he got to Washington, he drove straight to a Spokane courthouse where a judge ordered his ex-girlfriend to bring their daughter to court
His ex gf didn't show up, the judge promptly granted custody to him in her absence and his daughter was brought to him while he waited outside the courtoom.

He said:

'I sat there and the next thing you know I've got my daughter coming out, walking by herself,'. 'She's kind of looking around, and I said her name once. She kind of looked at me funny and I said 'Harmony, it's daddy.' Her eyes just kind of lit up.'

'It made it all worth it, you know?' he said. 'It was two years I fought through hell just to be a part of my daughter's life and she was back in my life.'

Since sharing his story, Thouvenel said that his ex-partner had now come forward to criticize him after the custody battle.
But he insisted he was focusing on what was important; his daughter.

'Nobody in this story is perfect, including the mother,' he wrote on Facebook. 'Said mother had her opportunity to make these claims in court, but ignored all proceedings.

'I will continue to to take the high road on this and focus on the rebuilding with my daughter.'

Thouvenel described how, while he was separated from Harmony, he would look up at the night sky and sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
'It became my medicine for a broken heart and aching for a child missing from my life,' he said in a post on Facebook.

'Every single night I would do this as it was the only thing that made me feel close to my Princess Harmony. I had hoped that maybe she was staring at the same stars.

'I remember Princess Harmonys first night back home after nearly two years. Before bed Harmony grabbed me by the hand and took me to the front porch.

'She propped her self up on the rails of the balcony. She looked up at all the bright shining stars in the sky. Suddenly to my hearts tears she began to sing Twinkle Twinkle little star.

'This has been what we do before I tuck her in for bed every night since she has been back home. I can't help but to smile each and every time we do this and think to my self....... "Princess, if you only knew."

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

One Of Us Need An Urgent Assistance...please Help!!! / Dear Nigerians, Let Parents Raise Their Kids And Keep Your Opinions To Yourselve / Baby Born As An Old Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.