Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

ICPC Seizes 61 Houses From Female Civil Servant - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ICPC Seizes 61 Houses From Female Civil Servant (18121 Views)

Primary School Pupil Rescued From Female Kidnapper In Uganda (Photos) / Corpse Of Edward Soje, Kogi Civil Servant Who Committed Suicide By Hanging (Pic) / Boy Rescued From Female Kidnappers In Delta Thanks Policemen (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

ICPC Seizes 61 Houses From Female Civil Servant by emamos: 6:32am On Apr 16, 2016
The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission says it has begun arresting civil servants who live beyond their means, adding that it seized 61 houses from one female public servant.
The commission also revealed that it would soon begin publishing a list of the most corrupt Ministries, Departments and Agencies.
The Chairman of the ICPC, Mr. Ekpo Nta, said this while addressing participants of the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies at the Abuja headquarters of the agency on Friday.
Speaking on the theme, ‘The role of the ICPC in the War Against Corruption: Mandate, Strategies and Challenges’, the ICPC boss said, “We are developing scorecard like Transparency International which rates countries as to the level of corruption of countries. We have developed one for ministries departments and agencies. Hopefully, we know those who will take the first prize.”
Nta added that once the 2016 Budget is passed, the ICPC would begin monitoring how monies are being spent.
He revealed that the commission had begun prosecuting public servants that live beyond their means.
“From one of the employees of one of the organisations, we seized about 61 or 62 houses in an estate. The matter is in court so I can’t say too much but I want to say that the officer was not a man. We do prosecution but also try to seize the assets acquired (through corrupt means) so that apart from prosecution, we can strip you of the assets within and outside the country,” he said.
Nta said the ICPC is also investigating university lecturers who demand sex from female students in return for good grades.
He said even though it was the role of the police to investigate cases of sexual harassment and rape, it was also the role of the ICPC to investigate cases bordering on abuse of office.
Nta said, “We have special teams that investigate universities here. Quite a number of students that have spent more than the statutory period, like young girls who have spent eight years for a four-year programme because they refused to do what should not be done. We got involved and they have graduated and we are still looking at the possibility of prosecution.”

http://www.punchng.com/icpc-seizes-61-houses-from-female-civil-servant/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICPC Seizes 61 Houses From Female Civil Servant by emamos: 6:33am On Apr 16, 2016
It is well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICPC Seizes 61 Houses From Female Civil Servant by Last2comment(m): 6:35am On Apr 16, 2016
Name and shame.

9 Likes

Re: ICPC Seizes 61 Houses From Female Civil Servant by chukslawrence(m): 6:40am On Apr 16, 2016
Hmm
Re: ICPC Seizes 61 Houses From Female Civil Servant by dominique(f): 6:53am On Apr 16, 2016
61 houses for just one person!!! shocked

She deserves to be thrown in jail

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ICPC Seizes 61 Houses From Female Civil Servant by TPAND(f): 6:54am On Apr 16, 2016
Sixty gini...

Corruption wey dey this country eehn. Na wayhooo. 61 houses.

I see traces of exaggeration in this number

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICPC Seizes 61 Houses From Female Civil Servant by Mediapace: 6:59am On Apr 16, 2016
She may have more than one husband,61 probably up to 61,she need to build house for all of them
dominique:
61 houses for just one person!!! shocked

She deserves to be thrown in jail

4 Likes

Re: ICPC Seizes 61 Houses From Female Civil Servant by BettyOke(f): 8:44am On Apr 16, 2016
These ones don pass civil servants ooo, they are civil looters

11 Likes

Re: ICPC Seizes 61 Houses From Female Civil Servant by UlqU3(m): 8:45am On Apr 16, 2016
Lol wtf
Re: ICPC Seizes 61 Houses From Female Civil Servant by maxbj(m): 8:47am On Apr 16, 2016
imagine
Re: ICPC Seizes 61 Houses From Female Civil Servant by stano2(m): 8:49am On Apr 16, 2016
PLS POLITICIANS SHOULD BE THE NEXT

4 Likes

Re: ICPC Seizes 61 Houses From Female Civil Servant by emmaak2(m): 8:49am On Apr 16, 2016
A Mother to some one on nairaland..I fit mention name o bt ah d fear ban

7 Likes

Re: ICPC Seizes 61 Houses From Female Civil Servant by seunfly: 8:49am On Apr 16, 2016
TPAND:
Sixty gini...
Corruption wey dey this country eehn. Na wayhooo. 61 houses.
I see traces of exaggeration[b][/b] in this number

It is not an exaggerration, any Abuja based individual will tell u it is true and very common. Average Abuja based person can name at least 3 civil servants with more than 2 houses.

Any Auditor general of the federation staff can name at least 10 civil servant who stole more than 10million naira this year alone.

I know more than one civil servant that has estate of about 40 houses, I know a serving civil servant that has a plaza that is worth more than 500m.

Corruption is an open and common thing in civil service, infact it is a right not a crime to many people.

18 Likes

Re: ICPC Seizes 61 Houses From Female Civil Servant by amtaken(f): 8:49am On Apr 16, 2016
What if a civil servant to work in different exotic cars he/she didn't buy (family stuff) and lives in a mansion, does that amount to living beyond his/her means?
Re: ICPC Seizes 61 Houses From Female Civil Servant by Hillzy(m): 8:50am On Apr 16, 2016
GEJ but why, na everyday them they trace ur fck up, sote u fck up reach where common civil servant dey get 6ixty 1 house for estate. D very day I know dat d clueless one, some pple's hero, is a druncked is when he came on national tv n said stealing is not corruption.

5 Likes

Re: ICPC Seizes 61 Houses From Female Civil Servant by kilokeys(m): 8:50am On Apr 16, 2016
Hehehehehe..
You have to be a smooth criminal to escape efcc and icpc this period o

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICPC Seizes 61 Houses From Female Civil Servant by kilokeys(m): 8:51am On Apr 16, 2016
amtaken:
What if a civil servant to work in different exotic cars he/she didn't buy (family stuff) and lives in a mansion, does that amount to living beyond his/her means?

If she inherited 61 houses.. Then her father must be a thief too.. Until proven otherwise

8 Likes

Re: ICPC Seizes 61 Houses From Female Civil Servant by demoBaba: 8:53am On Apr 16, 2016
Nawa ooooooooo, in this country, that woman deserve judgement by hanging.

2 Likes

Re: ICPC Seizes 61 Houses From Female Civil Servant by niceprof: 8:53am On Apr 16, 2016
Such a person must be working with FIRS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ICPC Seizes 61 Houses From Female Civil Servant by Adesiji77: 8:55am On Apr 16, 2016
shocked

Kleptomania!
Re: ICPC Seizes 61 Houses From Female Civil Servant by Akshow: 8:55am On Apr 16, 2016
Good
Re: ICPC Seizes 61 Houses From Female Civil Servant by magicminister: 8:55am On Apr 16, 2016
story!
I am really tired of all the nameless and faceless looters.
I have a feeling all these stories are made up in order to create the impression that this admistration is fighting corruption.
Its been over a year since this administration started; yet, we have not scored any conviction on corruption.
Despite all the billions of dollars alleged to be recovered from nameless people, we still ended up borrowing billions from China.
That makes me wonder if we ever recovered any billions of dollars to start with..

Please, Efcc, Icpc, Buhari and co... If you cannot name the person and the location of assets seized, Please do not bother telling us about it!!!
I hope this request is not too much to ask for!

18 Likes

Re: ICPC Seizes 61 Houses From Female Civil Servant by Acidosis(m): 9:00am On Apr 16, 2016
So we still have ICPC in this country?

2 Likes

Re: ICPC Seizes 61 Houses From Female Civil Servant by cr7lomo: 9:00am On Apr 16, 2016
What a man can do, a woman can do better

1 Like

Re: ICPC Seizes 61 Houses From Female Civil Servant by alphamodel1(m): 9:01am On Apr 16, 2016
So ICPC has finally woken up from their slumber.

2 Likes

Re: ICPC Seizes 61 Houses From Female Civil Servant by seunfly: 9:03am On Apr 16, 2016
magicminister:
story!
I am really tired of all the nameless and faceless looters.
I have a feeling all these stories are made up in order to create the impression that this admistration is fighting corruption.
Its been over a year since this administration started; yet, we have not scored any conviction on corruption.
Despite all the billions of dollars alleged to be recovered from nameless people, we still ended up borrowing billions from China.
That makes me wonder if we ever recovered any billions of dollars to start with..

Please, Efcc, Icpc, Buhari and co... If you cannot name the person and the location of assets seized, Please do not bother telling us about it!!!
I hope this request is not too much to ask for!

The problem is if they are named, many daft will quickly shout witch hunting, political, tribalism and religious persecution etc.
If there was a name, many comments here would have been different depending on tribe, religion or gender.

U can go to infeanyi uba's thread and see for ur self.
Some times we make it difficult do so many thing in this country because of sentiments.

15 Likes

Re: ICPC Seizes 61 Houses From Female Civil Servant by Burger01(m): 9:04am On Apr 16, 2016
angry
Re: ICPC Seizes 61 Houses From Female Civil Servant by dayoungmoney1: 9:04am On Apr 16, 2016
Good work. But icpc should go after the biggest thieves who have stolen billions from our treasury.
Re: ICPC Seizes 61 Houses From Female Civil Servant by Chiefupper: 9:04am On Apr 16, 2016
This body should visit Kwara for once,we have people working at SUBEB with 50 ghost workers.What pained me most was when they were caught the state govt did nothing because of their connection with saraki.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ICPC Seizes 61 Houses From Female Civil Servant by precious1967(m): 9:11am On Apr 16, 2016
visit state mdas u ll be shocked to see fraud than that of headquarters.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

She Was Duped Of N20,000 / Gunmen Attack Federal Prisons In Port-Harcourt; Two Killed In Rivers Judiciary / 4 Kidnapped Students Rescued In Kaduna (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.