Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,258 members, 7,953,978 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:15 AM

Differences Between Expiry & Best Before Date Of Food - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Differences Between Expiry & Best Before Date Of Food (1372 Views)

Woman Keeps Changing Expiry Date Of Gala / How Much Is A Plate Of Food Sold In Your Area? / Nigerian Changes Chewing Gum's Expiry Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Differences Between Expiry & Best Before Date Of Food by UEK33(m): 8:39pm On Apr 16, 2016
Many people don’t know that expiry date and best before date are not the same. In fact, many people use them interchangeably thinking that they mean the same thing. Well, let me use this medium to inform you that expiry date and best before date are two different terminologies meaning different things and serving different purposes.
In this article, I will explain what each date marking found on food packages means and also introduce to you, the concepts of “use by” date and “durable life date”. I will however lay more emphasis on the expiry date and best before dates because they are the most commonly used on food packages.
Definition of Terms (Date Markings on Food Packs)
Expiry Date: It is added to a food package to tell consumers the last day a product is safe to consume. You should never consume food after the expiry date.
Best Before Date: This is the date the manufacturer deems the product reaches peak freshness. The date does not indicate spoilage, nor does it necessarily tells you that the food is no longer safe for consumption.

source:http://WWW.foods ng.com/?p=106

Re: Differences Between Expiry & Best Before Date Of Food by TheBossLadyK(f): 8:42pm On Apr 16, 2016
Noted
Re: Differences Between Expiry & Best Before Date Of Food by godfirstawe: 11:45pm On Apr 16, 2016
I disagree
Re: Differences Between Expiry & Best Before Date Of Food by UEK33(m): 4:25pm On Apr 24, 2016
godfirstawe:
I disagree
state ur reasons

(1) (Reply)

Local Hunters Kill Large Hippopotamus Terrorizing Residents Of Abuja / Guess The Drinks / Rechargeable Blender

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.