Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,590 members, 7,847,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:58 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1218236 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by toslad: 2:38pm On Nov 17, 2016
@Omo Aussie,

I don't think it has any effect on borrowing funds for your account.

The emphasis is on the genuineness of the bank statement.

OmoAussie:
@ toslad

**modified

On a related note, I know this does not affect PR hopefuls but kindly advise as many as you know who intend to present statements to Australian Embassy for visa applications, to please desist from sending falsified statements!

@toslad
Thanks for the info!
Does this case include borrowing money,print ur statement and returning thereafter?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OJaySeenson: 4:49pm On Nov 17, 2016
Started my journey on the 476 path, but I am now following this my chairman's footsteps. Followed his malaysian route with no hitches. We don land oz now, and we are moving it along. guess who went out of his way to show a brother the ropes on his first day in sydney after i had issues with my train to brisbane. I don siddon for this man house, don chop him food, don follow him wife discuss (wonderful woman, she is)...in summary, thanks for the help sofar. you have been a blessing...

malkinburg:
Hi all, i am glad to finally make this post. The migration journey for me just ended. God has been EXTREMELY gracious to me. landing in this country with a little less than 1000 dollars in February last year, i have successfully graduated in my masters program, obtained a professional job as an environmental consultant while still on bridging visa, and achieved what i couldn't achieve in Nigeria in 5 years all within a stretch of 20 months. i am grateful to the guidance of so many people on this thread. ie Zenkel who showed me how to arrive australia through malaysia on a shoe string budget of 150k, Boss jennakry who enlightened me on opportunities i never knew existed and others who helped and encouraged me on the journey. i will settle down and summarize some important key information yet to be shared on this forum that will help enable new arrivals find a professional job, and also 476 visa holders looking for extra 5 points on what to do to dodge the english bedrock while drilling through to permanent residence. i will also like to encourage others going through a lot of pain and doubting their decisions especially those who came via school route with their partners, it can only get better, don't loose hope. stay focused, the light awaits you at the end of the tunnel.

grant: 24.10.16

8 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by scapopo1: 5:56pm On Nov 17, 2016
Better ppl,pls I need an urgent explanation. I 've B.tech n Ond in mech engineering, can I assess my b.tech in mech engineering through TRA and still claim 15point cos I 've more dan 5yrs experience wt a multinational as a production technician. Tanx
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by brokenplate: 7:13pm On Nov 17, 2016
Good.day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 17, 2016
mamajaz:

nkemama, I sight you there. Why don't you tell that friend of yours to just show face here?
She will gain more first hand information rather than listening to your reported speech oh.
Honestly, let her join Nairaland and this thread in particular except she is a computer subliterate or illiterate as the case may be.
My one cent

Mama, I hail ooh.... I will do as you advised

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 8:43pm On Nov 17, 2016
brokenplate:
Good.day
Good.night
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jelmusboy(m): 10:45pm On Nov 17, 2016
Any Medical Laboratory Scientist or Technician here?

I need guidance

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nickoko: 10:32am On Nov 18, 2016
bellong:

If your diploma is before your degree, include it. I don't think you need to do any advisory service with what you have. You only need to work on your CV and job description to match that of ANZSCO description. There's no point for work experience since you have only 2yrs.

If you read the South Australia instruction well, it says no evidence is required for proof of fund. Like I said earlier, it is to serve as a guide for the amount you need.
Queensland I believe recently started asking for evidence, it wasn't like that before. You can use assets, shares etc as stated not necessarily everything should be cash.

Goodluck

Sir Bellong and others, i need your help though i sent you PM earlier but i change my mind to ask on the forum for the benefit of others.

If you can still remember my post on page 69 where i indicated that my B.sc was done as part time while i continued working in thesame establishment as Full Time at various duties/levels after obtaining Diploma in 2004 and am still with the company. If i recall correctly you said my work experience starts counting after obtaining the last degree hence i told you 2yrs.

You recently advised me to work on my CV and My question goes like this........................

1. In working on my CV should i cut off (delete) all the previous work history or include it ?
2. My company will definitely give me a reference letter showing the date i started work with them which is 2004 and how will it affect vetassess assessment ?.
3. I don't have any payment slip from 2004 - 2010 as we were paying directly by hand but from 2010 a payroll system was introduce (it is a single sheet showing all staff names, signatures, deductions,amount and month) and i can get a scanned copies of some of the months though i have appointment letter showing amount in 2004 and various salary review letter till date. How does thing affect my evidence of employment.

Am sorry for bothering everyone in this group with my case though i feel it is peculiar as i've gone though all the pages of post in this forum.I needed to be very clear to avoid been ban for bogus statement as one of my friend got 3years banned from DIBP.
Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by dexterceejay: 11:21am On Nov 18, 2016
Hello
I have a Bachelor degree in Agric and want to further my Career in IT related courses but
1. I work in an IT firm base on the reference of my past work of which I am doing very well there.
2. I do not have a certificate on any related IT course
Can someone help me I wish to study abroad on IT related course especially in Networking and how can I go about it since I just have a B.Agric
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 11:24am On Nov 18, 2016
Nickoko:

1. In working on my CV should i cut off (delete) all the previous work history or include it ?

Don't cut it off, include it. Let them decide what they do with it. You can work full time here and study full time at the same time. It is left for you to decide how to manage the two.

2. My company will definitely give me a reference letter showing the date i started work with them which is 2004 and how will it affect vetassess assessment ?.

Your company can issue you a letter showing when you started working for them and how you have progressed to your present role

3. I don't have any payment slip from 2004 - 2010 as we were paying directly by hand but from 2010 a payroll system was introduce (it is a single sheet showing all staff names, signatures, deductions,amount and month) and i can get a scanned copies of some of the months though i have appointment letter showing amount in 2004 and various salary review letter till date. How does thing affect my evidence of employment.

Were you paying tax in those years? If yes, you can use tax certificate as evidence. If not you will have to present what you have from 2010. If they need further information from previous years, you will have to ask your company to issue you a letter explaining how they paid you from 2004 - 2010.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Eladua(m): 11:46am On Nov 18, 2016
dexterceejay:
Hello
I have a Bachelor degree in Agric and want to further my Career in IT related courses but
1. I work in an IT firm base on the reference of my past work of which I am doing very well there.
2. I do not have a certificate on any related IT course
Can someone help me I wish to study abroad on IT related course especially in Networking and how can I go about it since I just have a B.Agric

I think you will need to do a diploma first
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 11:52am On Nov 18, 2016
Baba God, pick up my call on this English test ohhhh...l can't just move without it.
Oluwa, saanu Mi oooo!!!

10 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nickoko: 11:56am On Nov 18, 2016
[quote author=bellong post=51139650][/quote]

Many thanks to you. Sir Bellong.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by toslad: 12:38pm On Nov 18, 2016
@Nickoko,

Please why was your friend banned?

I think it could be a learning point for others too.

Thank you.

Nickoko:

Many thanks to you. Sir Bellong.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 12:48pm On Nov 18, 2016
toslad:
@Nickoko,

Please why was your friend banned?

I think it could be a learning point for others too.

Thank you.

You can infer from the statement that it was bogus claim/documents.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Abbey1987: 5:52pm On Nov 18, 2016
bellong:

@ oga bellong please i have been a silent follower of this thread. I'm looking towards coming to Aussie through MSc package but my school has been on strike since four months ago. To get my transcripts sent to Aussie is now a very big problem. I stumbled on the thread not quite long and I wish to be cleared on the ways I can go about my nomination. I have btech in geology and I can only be nominated through Csol. I'm 29 years of age. Please what's my chance sir?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 9:07pm On Nov 18, 2016
bellong:

I am sorry for the spirit of aproko that has infected me since l came to this group oh, please who is the person

cc
Nickoko
toslad
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jelmusboy(m): 11:43pm On Nov 18, 2016
Guys, just an heads-up. Visit this link to see if your occupation has been flagged up for possible elimination from Skilled Occupation List come 2017.

https://www.education.gov.au/flagged-occupations-sol-2016-17

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 3:02am On Nov 19, 2016
Abbey1987:

Please what's my chance sir?

Only two states sponsor Geologists, Victoria and Tasmania. Victoria is very picky as per those they sponsor for Geologists, the state I believe wants you to have good years of experience. If you can make up to 75 points, you can get sponsorship from South Australia
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 3:03am On Nov 19, 2016
mamajaz:

I am sorry for the spirit of aproko that has infected me since l came to this group oh, please who is the person

cc
Nickoko
toslad

Nickoko's cousin
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nickoko: 4:19am On Nov 19, 2016
jelmusboy:
Guys, just an heads-up. Visit this link to see if your occupation has been flagged up for possible elimination from Skilled Occupation List come 2017.

https://www.education.gov.au/flagged-occupations-sol-2016-17

Is there any possibility that occupation(s) currently on Csol can be move to SOL list in 2017-18?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nickoko: 4:34am On Nov 19, 2016
bellong:

Nickoko's cousin

@ bellong. Lolz

@ Mamajaz. In the spirit of confession. The person in question is my close friend and he is not on this group though he applied for study visa early this year. After getting the admission, did medical, pay for insurance, PCC and sent all to DIPB waiting for visa approval . He was waiting patiently for visa and suddenly after 2 months, he got a letter of 3 years banned for bogus claim and fakr bank statement on his mail. I knew from day one about the fake statement and I advised him about the possibility DIPB detecting it but he refuse to listen. He is so devastated and don't want to hear anything about Oz for now.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 4:51am On Nov 19, 2016
Your First Choice for State Nomination as a Petroleum Engineer is Western Australia.

However, due to recent political and economic issues in the region, the selection process / nomination criteria has been made tougher.

For a start, you need ALL of the following:

1. Proficient English - Minimum Band 7 no matter your total points

2. Minimum 3 years overseas or 1 year Australian Experience in Petroleum Engineering or related occupation

3. Have a contract of Full Time Employment for at least 12 months in Western Australia in the nominated (or closely related) occupation.

N/B:
The above are in addition to all the DIBP requirements for the subclass which you must meet.

New South Wales (NSW) also nominates the occupation. You may want to have a look.

POTUSUK:
@ Bellong, WestAfrcan et al, Please what are the chances of me been nominated by state or region for a Petroleum Engineering Occupation?. Since PE is no longer on the SOL list, I'm thinking state nominations but I really would like to know the chances there are.?!

IMPORTANT NOTES

1. Western Australia has been attacked recently (2 months ago) by the Department of Employment and Labour for bringing in Skilled Migrants surplus to requirement, thereby forcing most skilled migrants to undertake unskilled jobs. They're blamed for not following up or setting up a welcome and settlement plans for these migrants to easily gain employment in their skilled areas. In defense, the WA government pushed the blame to DIBP claiming that WA only nominates a small number of Skilled Migrants compared to the total who receive visa grants, most of which are 189 (I suspect this might be a reason for removing these occupations from the SOL).

2. Like other countries (UK and US being the most popular), Australians are now complaining about the negative impact of migrants to their society. Early this week, on news, members of the Australian labour society stressed on this. Many Australians also spoke on the subject. Their claims are that migrants have taken over jobs that are meant for Australians, thus leaving Australians unemployed. They supported their claims with a data which shows that while the unemployment rate in a given state was recorded as 4.5% and unchanged for 2yrs, the actual number of unemployed Australians increased from 4% to 7%. They are calling on the government to act fast

3. RUMOUR: Some students here say they're told the required points may change from 60 to 65. Currently, students in Australia need just band 7 English. But due to this rumour, most of them are now registering for an English test to improve their scores.

While these may be just headlines, they may turn out to be critical in deciding the direction of the Australian Skilled Migration in years to come. Hence, it is wise to do the needful if you really want to land Downunder or go blue...

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Abbey1987: 7:10am On Nov 19, 2016
bellong:

Only two states sponsor Geologists, Victoria and Tasmania. Victoria is very picky as per those they sponsor for Geologists, the state I believe wants you to have good years of experience. If you can make up to 75 points, you can get sponsorship from South Australia
Thanks a lot, I did hydro geology during my final year project., can I give it a trial cos I don't know how to come about the 75 points since I don't have any work experience. Please don't be angry with my questions. I just need to leave this country and seek for a greener pasture in Aussie. Thanks in advance sir
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by LezDiva(f): 10:19am On Nov 19, 2016
jelmusboy:
Any Medical Laboratory Scientist or Technician here?
I need guidance

am a med lab scientist but i think its better u post ur challenge here so anyone who can help will help where neccessary
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 11:51am On Nov 19, 2016
catchdwind4rmkd:

IMPORTANT NOTES

2. Like other countries (UK and US being the most popular), Australians are now complaining about the negative impact of migrants to their society.. They are calling on the government to act fast

3. RUMOUR: Some students here say they're told the required points may change from 60 to 65.

CHAI! TIME TO ADD NITRO TO MY SPEED..

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by POTUSUK: 2:57pm On Nov 19, 2016
Thanks for that explicit answer. You are far too kind. But I'd like to know why you didnt stress on NSW like you did on WA.

Guys...do we know anyone that has applied to be nominated for Petroleum Engineering NSW recently and has gotten an ITA?. I need to weigh in the statistics. Cos as it is WA is a no go area.

catchdwind4rmkd:
Your First Choice for State Nomination as a Petroleum Engineer is Western Australia.

However, due to recent political and economic issues in the region, the selection process / nomination criteria has been made tougher.

For a start, you need ALL of the following:

1. Proficient English - Minimum Band 7 no matter your total points

2. Minimum 3 years overseas or 1 year Australian Experience in Petroleum Engineering or related occupation

3. Have a contract of Full Time Employment for at least 12 months in Western Australia in the nominated (or closely related) occupation.

N/B:
The above are in addition to all the DIBP requirements for the subclass which you must meet.

New South Wales (NSW) also nominates the occupation. You may want to have a look.

IMPORTANT NOTES

1. Western Australia has been attacked recently (2 months ago) by the Department of Employment and Labour for bringing in Skilled Migrants surplus to requirement, thereby forcing most skilled migrants to undertake unskilled jobs. They're blamed for not following up or setting up a welcome and settlement plans for these migrants to easily gain employment in their skilled areas. In defense, the WA government pushed the blame to DIBP claiming that WA only nominates a small number of Skilled Migrants compared to the total who receive visa grants, most of which are 189 (I suspect this might be a reason for removing these occupations from the SOL).

2. Like other countries (UK and US being the most popular), Australians are now complaining about the negative impact of migrants to their society. Early this week, on news, members of the Australian labour society stressed on this. Many Australians also spoke on the subject. Their claims are that migrants have taken over jobs that are meant for Australians, thus leaving Australians unemployed. They supported their claims with a data which shows that while the unemployment rate in a given state was recorded as 4.5% and unchanged for 2yrs, the actual number of unemployed Australians increased from 4% to 7%. They are calling on the government to act fast

3. RUMOUR: Some students here say they're told the required points may change from 60 to 65. Currently, students in Australia need just band 7 English. But due to this rumour, most of them are now registering for an English test to improve their scores.

While these may be just headlines, they may turn out to be critical in deciding the direction of the Australian Skilled Migration in years to come. Hence, it is wise to do the needful if you really want to land Downunder or go blue...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jelmusboy(m): 4:06pm On Nov 19, 2016
My brother, I have no idea.
Nickoko:

Is there any possibility that occupation(s) currently on Csol can be move to SOL list in 2017-18?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jelmusboy(m): 4:11pm On Nov 19, 2016
Does anyone know the best state to choose for Medical Laboratory Scientist? LezDiva, are you in Australia? If yes, could you please give me some guidance
LezDiva:

am a med lab scientist but i think its better u post ur challenge here so anyone who can help will help where neccessary
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 5:04pm On Nov 19, 2016
Nickoko:

@ bellong. Lolz

@ Mamajaz. In the spirit of confession. The person in question is my close friend and he is not on this group though he applied for study visa early this year. After getting the admission, did medical, pay for insurance, PCC and sent all to DIPB waiting for visa approval . He was waiting patiently for visa and suddenly after 2 months, he got a letter of 3 years banned for bogus claim and fakr bank statement on his mail. I knew from day one about the fake statement and I advised him about the possibility DIPB detecting it but he refuse to listen. He is so devastated and don't want to hear anything about Oz for now.
Eeeewwwoooooo!!!! Nah the village winches cause am oh...
Dem no wan make the guy break plate or pot not to talk of breakthrough or break forth, now he don breakdown.
Chai!! Chai!!
Please, how about if he writes apology letter?
cc
bellong
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 5:19pm On Nov 19, 2016
Lol... ... apology for wetin? Say na slip of hand? or na the Devil's work? grin
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 5:54pm On Nov 19, 2016
hahahaha

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.