Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1208965 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chioma134: 10:55am On Mar 10, 2017
Congrats, Jamson, congrats bolaobby. Encouraging news. And kudos to bellong for his selfless help. I'm glad to be here and hope all our dreams come true.

5 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by baenoz(f): 11:05am On Mar 10, 2017
bolaobby:

Visa granted to me, my wife and our two sons.

This is awesome! Congrats @bolaobby Let grants rain, let it rain, let it rain, let it rain.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 12:14pm On Mar 10, 2017
nkechima:
@mamajaz I C U ooh
wink
nkechima:
@mamajaz I C U ooh
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by 40manlappy: 1:10pm On Mar 10, 2017
Congrats @bolaobby smiley
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by crest2j(m): 1:53pm On Mar 10, 2017
What are the requirements for applying for the permanent resident visa

mctowel01:

You ve been told in the other thread that you can't directly convert a visitors visa to a work visa. You have to apply for a temporary work visa or a permanent resident visa if you meet the requirements. And if you don't meet the requirements here, I don't think anything will change when you get there.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mctowel01: 2:21pm On Mar 10, 2017
crest2j:
What are the requirements for applying for the permanent resident visa

Read from the first page, what you need is there.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by korlahwarleh: 2:49pm On Mar 10, 2017
jukeblam:

One of these two has a bucketload of bad reviews online- can't remember which.
If you are done with your CDR, I can help you review it before submission. Email is my username @yahoo.com
If your career episodes fully address all points on the summary statement well and follow the guidelines, I believe a positive assessment isn't out of reach.

For your assessment, pay for 'Standard CDR' assessment (which is the cheapest) plus fasttrack. No need to pay for relevant experience IMO, cos DIBP will be the ones to scrutinise your work experience if you claim points for it.

I have sent it to your mail sir. Should have sent it since but this spambot keeps banning me. I don't know what went wrong. Thanks so much
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Hiploko(m): 2:50pm On Mar 10, 2017
A Mechanical Engineering graduate with about 7 years Banking experience.

Do i stand any chance please
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by incemay: 3:28pm On Mar 10, 2017
Hiploko:
A Mechanical Engineering graduate with about 7 years Banking experience.

Do i stand any chance please

You could depending on what route you choose.

You could assess your Engr certificate based on your undergraduate projects, that's what's refered to as CDR.

Write English test and aim for the maximum score.

Your age could also assist.

Please check the details on the 1st page. Read further there are several information for engineers available on this thread.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by incemay: 3:30pm On Mar 10, 2017
bolaobby:
grin grin grin grin My people...my people

Loruko Jesu...Loruko Jesu...Iyanu yio sele

GRANT DON HAPPEN...I don follow Jamson grin grin grin

Congrats bro!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Hiploko(m): 3:31pm On Mar 10, 2017
incemay:

You could depending on what route you choose.

You could assess your Engr certificate based on your undergraduate projects, that's what's refered to as CDR.

Write English test and aim for the maximum score.

Your age could also assist.

Please check the details on the 1st page. Read further there are several information for engineers available on this thread.
God bless you
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 4:50pm On Mar 10, 2017
sunvick:
@Bimz

Shifts out of the back-line and peeps to the front and saw Bimz.

Your next in the queue.

Visa grant loading!!!
That day ehnnnn, I go tongue- talk till the next day on this forum.
sunvick, when our own too land, nah to carry Ayefele go meet grandpa bellong for Oz....

4 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by funkyjo: 5:03pm On Mar 10, 2017
@bolaobby

Congratulations!!! ...wow..its really good to see grants flying.

@mamjaz

When my own land nko?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 5:17pm On Mar 10, 2017
mamajaz:

sunvick, when our own too land, nah to carry Ayefele go meet grandpa bellong for Oz....

I will prefer Ebenezer Obey or Tunde Nightingale... cheesy

5 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 5:54pm On Mar 10, 2017
bellong:

I will prefer Ebenezer Obey or Tunde Nightingale... cheesy
Noted for approximate actions sire!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 5:54pm On Mar 10, 2017
funkyjo:
@bolaobby
Congratulations!!! ...wow..its really good to see grants flying.
@mamjaz
When my own land nko?
Haaaaaaa... eru gegeti...!!!

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sunvick(m): 6:29pm On Mar 10, 2017
Which one be Ayefele nah...make I know the one I go carry come too.

mamajaz:

That day ehnnnn, I go tongue- talk till the next day on this forum.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 8:40pm On Mar 10, 2017
Hi Bellong,

I'll be glad if you can shed more light or point me to where I can get further information on Masters by research you mentioned below.

Does it apply to all University in Aussie?

Can a PR benefit from it on arrival or one would have to wait for two years like other PR benefits?

Does it extend to PhD too?

Thanks as always.

bellong:

If you are still interested in studying, apply for Masters by research so you don't pay tuition.

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bnimz(m): 9:55pm On Mar 10, 2017
Research programmes are funded by the government in Australia for citizens and Permanent Residents... This means, it is PRIMARILY for PhD, but also extends to Masters by research...

And yes, you can benefit from it on arrival.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:12pm On Mar 10, 2017
Ozymigrant,

Question answered by Prof Bnimz...

Nothing to add.

5 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by iykedancastro(m): 10:53pm On Mar 10, 2017
Congrats Jamson and bolaobby, i see more grants loading...

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 7:15am On Mar 11, 2017
duuduu:
Good day @OGA BELLONG , ABEG I wish to ask if there is any other State/province/region apart from New South Wales who does 'nt ask for proof of Fund (POF)

Just seeing this..

Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia do not request for proof of fund.

If you can get 60 points, I don't think you should be bothered about state nomination except your occupation is only on CSOL list.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by OzyMigrant: 9:00am On Mar 11, 2017
Bnimz:
Research programmes are funded by the government in Australia for citizens and Permanent Residents... This means, it is PRIMARILY for PhD, but also extends to Masters by research...

And yes, you can benefit from it on arrival.

Thanks Bnimz...........Aussie is sure a land of opportunity.

@bellong; your comment above can only be attributed to an humble mind.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 10:41am On Mar 11, 2017
OzyMigrant:

@bellong; your comment above can only be attributed to an humble mind.

Confirmed
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Kingbukaz: 12:01pm On Mar 11, 2017
bellong:

What kind of manager? Do you work as an HR person?
presently, yes as HR person but my job title is administrative officer. As a manager that I mention, was a station manager for an oil and gas company.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Prolivingproof(m): 3:16pm On Mar 11, 2017
Congrats @ Jamson and @ bolaobby

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rett0: 10:12pm On Mar 11, 2017
Congrats Jamson & Bolaobby.

May you both eat the good of the Land.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 11:27pm On Mar 11, 2017
Fam, Goodevening Everyone!
It's been a long time I came here. From most of the pages I've been able to read through, I saw success stories and I'm encouraged.

Hearty congratulations to teewhysafe, Hordunayot, Jamson, Bolaobby and those I might have failed to mention who have gotten their Positive assessment, ITA or grant. To those of us who are still trying to get it right, I say, Keep on.

Please, something has been making me feel fear. I haven't seen anyone from Uniben that received a positive assessment. Please is this normal? Has there been a success story that I missed reading? Do you know anyone who has received a positive assessment with a degree from UNIBEN? Please share with me. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 12:12am On Mar 12, 2017
@BrisbaneQueen I don't think getting positive assessment or not is a function of institution one graduated from, but more of whether the job description is in tube with ANZCO's& whether the course offered is close related to the chosen occupation. What could happen is reduction in AQF points sha.
So in-law, design your CV to meet up& help your supervisor to detail your reference letter ti match ANZCO's job description. Then, you're good to go.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 12:14am On Mar 12, 2017
Mctowel1 winkMctowel1
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 12:14am On Mar 12, 2017
Mctowel1
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by virtual3xpert: 1:42am On Mar 12, 2017
cc mamajaz, BrisbaneQueen

Most Australian assessing bodies follow the AEI-NOOSR CEP which is done according to institution. Institutions can fall under section 1 or section 2.

For section 1 Institutions, BSc (4 or 5 years) is equivalent to an Australian BSc degree while for section 2 Institutions, Bsc (4years) is equivalent to an Australian associate degree but a 5year BSc degree is equivalent to an Australian BSc degree.

Simply put, if your institution falls under section 2 and you studied for 4years, you'll most likely get a negative outcome. VETASSESS follows this to the letter. The others, not so much.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.