Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1208897 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by badenugba: 5:52pm On Jun 20, 2016
Hello house,
I was reading about all this migration route to AU, when I saw Subclass 476, I have real all tru nairaland and dint see any discussion on it. So I have decided to ask here ,
A lot of people can also benefit from this I think. As it's known that most works in AU requires PR before being giving a good job ,for a holder of 476 how is like knowing fully well that it's 18 months work visa ,
Can someone get a good job with this visa unlike the huzzle of student visa to finding a job.
Response please.......
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Cecegal: 11:08pm On Jun 20, 2016
@Malkinburg: I shall be needing your inputs soon on landing Engineering jobs for Hubby,We are googling and reading up a lot too.

All the best on your relocation pray you land that dream job.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by malkinburg: 5:37am On Jun 21, 2016
Cecegal:
@Malkinburg: I shall be needing your inputs soon on landing Engineering jobs for Hubby,We are googling and reading up a lot too.

All the best on your relocation pray you land that dream job.
Amen
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lizybos(f): 6:05am On Jun 21, 2016
Hello house, please for VETASSESS, which address will transcript be sent to?
Do you have to make payment before they receive your transcript?
How will the reference letter be addressed.
Do one require an agent?
I saw something like using fast track on the thread, please what does it mean.
Thank you
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 6:15am On Jun 21, 2016
lizybos:
Hello house, please for VETASSESS, which address will transcript be sent to?
Do you have to make payment before they receive your transcript?
How will the reference letter be addressed.
Do one require an agent?
I saw something like using fast track on the thread, please what does it mean.
Thank you

If you get on VETASSES' website, you will see the address there. However, it is better it is addressed as "To whom it may concern" as you can use the same letter for main application. You can write another depending on what suits you.

Although, it is not carved in steel that you have to make payment before transcript is received but making payment makes it easy to be identified with your application. They don't have your details on the online application till you make payment.

On VETASSES'website, there is template/instruction on how it should be addressed.

Not compulsory to use an agent, you can do it yourself but if you think you have no time or scared of making mistake, I can do it for you.

Fast track, as the name implies is to speed up the processing time of your application from the standard 12week window reduced to 4 weeks or less.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by hordunayodt: 8:58am On Jun 21, 2016
Pls is there fast track for vetasses?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:12am On Jun 21, 2016
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by sammywemmy: 10:30am On Jun 21, 2016
Thanks @malkinburg, I appreciate ur advice. When the time comes I will reach out to u. All d best in Sydney . t
malkinburg:

I believe the best route to follow is to align your self with a path you desire. It could IT related or engineering based or even project management or management consulting. If all you desire is getting a permanent comfy job with career progression, and not really adamant about chem eng, you can pull it off neatly. For example a friend who read agric eng in naija came in Feb2015 to read environmental eng. He got is PR in January and decided to bone school. He eventually got an entry level gig in IT with a multinational in Sydney based on carefully researched packaging. (What do they need, can I do it, or learn sharply? And finally how can I fit myself in.) He has boned his masters for now as he is more interested in havesting the dolls from the streets lol. Ne-ways when you come in hit me up so I could enlighten you on the little I know about the recruiting game in Australia. As for me. I'm moving to New south Wales from Brisbane to exploit the opportunities.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lizybos(f): 12:50pm On Jun 21, 2016
bellong:

If you get on VETASSES' website, you will see the address there. However, it is better it is addressed as "To whom it may concern" as you can use the same letter for main application. You can write another depending on what suits you.

Although, it is not carved in steel that you have to make payment before transcript is received but making payment makes it easy to be identified with your application. They don't have your details on the online application till you make payment.

On VETASSES'website, there is template/instruction on how it should be addressed.

Not compulsory to use an agent, you can do it yourself but if you think you have no time or scared of making mistake, I can do it for you.

Fast track, as the name implies is to speed up the processing time of your application from the standard 12week window reduced to 4 weeks or less.

Thank you Sir
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by badenugba: 2:04pm On Jun 21, 2016
badenugba:
Hello house,
I was reading about all this migration route to AU, when I saw Subclass 476, I have real all tru nairaland and dint see any discussion on it. So I have decided to ask here ,
A lot of people can also benefit from this I think. As it's known that most works in AU requires PR before being giving a good job ,for a holder of 476 how is like knowing fully well that it's 18 months work visa ,
Can someone get a good job with this visa unlike the huzzle of student visa to finding a job.
Response please.......
Can someone say something about this subclass 476
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bblessed: 2:06pm On Jun 21, 2016
bellong:

They have started fast track

I have checked their site and don't seem to get anything about fast track.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by unibadan(m): 4:14pm On Jun 21, 2016
Hello House;

A friend has at least 8 years work experience, but by seeing this assessment

"based on the evidence provided, at least one year/s of employment is assessed as highly relevant to the nominated occupation and completed at an appropriate skill level in the five years before the date of applying for this Skills Assessment. The employment above meets the minimum requirements for this occupation"

Does it mean that he can only claim one year work experience

Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chevchenko: 8:07pm On Jun 21, 2016
Hello Guys,

I need your urgent assistance, I was looking it the AUS immigration skilled workers route with my younger brother who is a medical doctor.

The application process for medical doctors seems cumbersome and confusing! There is this long flowchart that you have to schedule MCQ to clinical assessment, how is this possible from Nigeria?

I will appreciate anybody in the house who has passed through this route before who can provide guidance and direction.

Thanks in anticipation
Chev
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Bhydemi: 10:53pm On Jun 21, 2016
House pls I will like to confirm what option to follow based on my current situation

I am married

me and my wife fall in the age group for 30pts

I am a banker but I studied electrical and computer engineering ..which means my experience differs from my course

My wife on the other hand has a BSc and MSc in Sociology , but she's a teacher (No PGDE)

What do u think is the way forward for us to get a PR
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by lizybos(f): 5:22am On Jun 22, 2016
chevchenko:
Hello Guys,

I need your urgent assistance, I was looking it the AUS immigration skilled workers route with my younger brother who is a medical doctor.

The application process for medical doctors seems cumbersome and confusing! There is this long flowchart that you have to schedule MCQ to clinical assessment, how is this possible from Nigeria?

I will appreciate anybody in the house who has passed through this route before who can provide guidance and direction.

Thanks in anticipation
Chev
Read the last five pages of the thread.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chevchenko: 7:59am On Jun 22, 2016
lizybos:

Read the last five pages of the thread.

Madam,

Many thanks!

Quite informative, tried sending you a PM, I am interested in the alternative route mentioned by bellong, kindly assist.

Thank you
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ibiyemiara: 12:47pm On Jun 22, 2016
Good afternoon house,
Please I need urgent help before submitting my documents for assessment with Engineering Australia.
I am a telecommunication engineer with 9yrs experience. I resigned my job 3yrs ago to pursue family business.
My IELTS result is R8/L7.5/S7/W7. My point is 60.
I read that one needs to have worked for 12months in the last 24months for the chosen skill.
Can this count against me?
Please help!

Thank you,
Yemi
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 1:21pm On Jun 22, 2016
^^^ No it can't work against you. You are expected to have at least a year/3years experience in the last 10years

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by malkinburg: 2:20pm On Jun 22, 2016
Bhydemi:
House pls I will like to confirm what option to follow based on my current situation

I am married

me and my wife fall in the age group for 30pts

I am a banker but I studied electrical and computer engineering ..which means my experience differs from my course

My wife on the other hand has a BSc and MSc in Sociology , but she's a teacher (No PGDE)

What do u think is the way forward for us to get a PR

I'm guessing you did undergrad in minna. Anyways I reckon you should go through EA. Its pretty straight forward.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ibiyemiara: 2:34pm On Jun 22, 2016
bellong:
^^^ No it can't work against you. You are expected to have at least a year/3years experience in the last 10years

Thank you so much for your response.
If I tell them of career break from 2013 to 2016 and tell them that I have been in business, what kind of explanation do I need to give when filling the EOI form and submitting documents?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chevchenko: 2:54pm On Jun 22, 2016
bellong:

How long have you been practising?

The process is long but very profitable for medical practitioners. You need to pass the medical examination set by the medical board. The exam is in two stages. I think South Africa and Egypt are the only centres you can write it in Africa.

Meanwhile, there is a possible pathway for medical practitioners for those with at least three years of experience.

Oga bellong,

Trust you are fine.

Kindly send me details of the possible pathway you mentioned.

Thank you
Chev
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by malkinburg: 12:11am On Jun 23, 2016
badenugba:

Can someone say something about this subclass 476
the subclass 476 visa is no different to the 485 subclass in terms of job considerations. Honest truth is companies don't want to employ and train u only for u to start explaining that your visa will run out soon. For engineers, what I have seen is offer of fixed term contracts on that category. If your deemed indispensable your sponsored. In black and white all that postwork and 476 visa era where jobs waited for you yafuyafu ended in 2012. My advice is come anyway and try your luck. Worst case you still make money doing semi skilled roles which are easier to come by.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by hsim247(m): 2:06am On Jun 23, 2016
malkinburg:
the subclass 476 visa is no different to the 485 subclass in terms of job considerations. Honest truth is companies don't want to employ and train u only for u to start explaining that your visa will run out soon. For engineers, what I have seen is offer of fixed term contracts on that category. If your deemed indispensable your sponsored. In black and white all that postwork and 476 visa era where jobs waited for you yafuyafu ended in 2012. My advice is come anyway and try your luck. Worst case you still make money doing semi skilled roles which are easier to come by.
Hi malkinburg,
Please which cities in oz have better opportunities for an instrumentation and control engineer.
Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mrsoje(f): 10:53am On Jun 23, 2016
For someone on SVP 573 going to Australia soon with the aim of applying for PR as soon he gets there.

Please advise on the documentations that should be arranged before leaving Nigeria. smiley wink wink
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by schoolhr: 12:19pm On Jun 23, 2016
Dear All,

Please I am a 32 years old lady with over 7 years working experience. Below is my IELTS SCORE: l-7.5,R-6.5,W-6.0,S-7.0
Kindly advise if I stand a chance with this score since I have an MBA and a BSC In my field.

My occupational skilled fall under CSOL 190/489.

Thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuckdee13(m): 12:40pm On Jun 23, 2016
U first need to get and assessment done with ur assessing body. only then will u know if u need more points in english or not, though its advisable to get more points with english. u also need to check the CSOL of the different states to know which ones r sponsoring ur occupation and what their criteria are.
schoolhr:
Dear All,

Please I am a 32 years old lady with over 7 years working experience. Below is my IELTS SCORE: l-7.5,R-6.5,W-6.0,S-7.0
Kindly advise if I stand a chance with this score since I have an MBA and a BSC In my field.

My occupational skilled fall under CSOL 190/489.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 2:06pm On Jun 23, 2016
Wow, nice thread. So much to learn here.

I already have 476 Visa, and used it during the last graduate recruitment period. I got opportunities to do 6 aptitude tests, and 3 interviews; all online because I applied from Nigeria. I agree with Malkinburg that it's hard to get a job with this visa subclass as some of the feedbacks I got from applications pointed towArds my visa or residency status. In fact, to be considerate, most of the jobs I applied to, clearly stated citizenship/PR as main criteria; I chose to apply anyway and got regret mails. There are few companies that were willing to sponsor me, 3 of which I had interviews with, but you'll agree that the competition will be very high for these coys willing to sponsor. I didn't get any offer on the last round of graduate recruitment.

However, considering the current situation of things in Nigeria, high cost of living and hardly any relevant (engineering) job opportunities; I'm now set to migrate to Aussie with my 476 visa. I'm determined to compete, but I haven't set exaggerated expectations as I know the limitations of the visa. So, my main goal is to obtain PR. As Malkinburg rightly said, one can hope to get unskilled job (which I must warn is also very hard to get these days as read on expatforums) and save for the PR applications. So, I'll start with the 18 months I have, and work towards making it permanent.

I never knew we have this many Nigerian migrants in Aussie or planning to, I would have planned my departure a bit earlier. My initial fright has been boredom or loneliness in a strange land. I hope to connect with more peeps on ground. Though, I can't seem to read anyone in melbourne or planning to. This thread was long overdue; all the searches I made returned the thread for Australian Student Visa. I'm glad to have connected with peeps here. Cheers

7 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by hsim247(m): 9:54pm On Jun 23, 2016
Hi catchdwind
I'm also considering the 476 too. Written ielts and all but developed cold feet in completing the application. Please I wanna know when the graduate applications usually happen in Australia? Which city favours engineers the most?
Thanks.
catchdwind4rmkd:

I already have 476 Visa, and used it during the last graduate recruitment period. I got opportunities to do 6 aptitude tests, and 3 interviews; all online because I applied from Nigeria. I agree with Malkinburg that it's hard to get a job with this visa subclass as some of the feedbacks I got from applications pointed towArds my visa or residency status. In fact, to be considerate, most of the jobs I applied to, clearly stated citizenship/PR as main criteria; I chose to apply anyway and got regret mails. There are few companies that were willing to sponsor me, 3 of which I had interviews with, but you'll agree that the competition will be very high for these coys willing to sponsor. I didn't get any offer on the last round of graduate recruitment.

However, considering the current situation of things in Nigeria, high cost of living and hardly any relevant (engineering) job opportunities; I'm now set to migrate to Aussie with my 476 visa. I'm determined to compete, but I haven't set exaggerated expectations as I know the limitations of the visa. So, my main goal is to obtain PR. As Malkinburg rightly said, one can hope to get unskilled job (which I must warn is also very hard to get these days as read on expatforums) and save for the PR applications. So, I'll start with the 18 months I have, and work towards making it permanent.

I never knew we have this many Nigerian migrants in Aussie or planning to, I would have planned my departure a bit earlier. My initial fright has been boredom or loneliness in a strange land. I hope to connect with more peeps on ground. Though, I can't seem to read anyone in melbourne or planning to. This thread was long overdue; all the searched I made returned the thread for Australian Student Visa. I'm glad to have connected with peeps here. Cheers
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 1:01am On Jun 24, 2016
hsim247:
Hi catchdwind
I'm also considering the 476 too. Written ielts and all but developed cold feet in completing the application. Please I wanna know when the graduate applications usually happen in Australia? Which city favours engineers the most?
Thanks.

Hello,

The graduate applications are mainly advertised between February and May. Usually, offers are made by July/August or September latest. And new recruits resume work by January or February the following year. This is just the standard procedure. There are, however, other recruitment that don't follow this pattern. So, you can find recruitment opportunities all year round, but these are only few. The bulk of the graduate recruitments are done as explained above.

As for city, it's relative to your discipline. But as a general comment, your city of residence doesn't really matter for as long as you're in Australia and can travel to attend interviews or Assessment Centres. But if I must say, then, I read Perth and Melbourne are good destinations for Engineering. Brisbane and Sydney can follow. Each of these cities have their pros and cons, you just have to research about them and decide.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by badenugba: 2:38am On Jun 24, 2016
catchdwind4rmkd:

I never knew we have this many Nigerian migrants in Aussie or planning to, I would have planned my departure a bit earlier. My initial fright has been boredom or loneliness in a strange land. I hope to connect with more peeps on ground. Though, I can't seem to read anyone in melbourne or planning to. This thread was long overdue; all the searched I made returned the thread for Australian Student Visa. I'm glad to have connected with peeps here. Cheers
Hello,
I just know about this 476 visa , can u please do a break down of how u were able to be successful with the Application.
Steps after writing ielts.
Thanks ...
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by hsim247(m): 10:13am On Jun 24, 2016
badenugba:

Hello,
I just know about this 476 visa , can u please do a break down of how u were able to be successful with the Application.
Steps after writing ielts.
Thanks ...
You need to have graduated from a Washington accord institution in the last 2 years and be less than 31 at the time application. You need PCC from countries you've lived in for more than 6 months and ielts too. With all these, you can apply. Medicals are also necessary too. Hope this helps.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by malkinburg: 12:26pm On Jun 24, 2016
hsim247:

Hi malkinburg,
Please which cities in oz have better opportunities for an instrumentation and control engineer.
Thanks.

Honestly I haven't researched that area and I wouldn't deceive you. No ideas on that for now. However, if I had my pr and that's my specialist area, I will head to western australia because I hear some firms running projects in south east Asia, western australia and northern territory have their recruiting offices there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.