Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,886 members, 7,817,611 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (466) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1207655 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 9:20am On Oct 16, 2017
zanyzara:

Again! Na wa oo. Mamajaz come help us organise some prayer warriors for this assessor.

Zany.

Real prayer needed...I'm already considering accepting the engr tech. as I no longer know what to write
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 9:37am On Oct 16, 2017
crownnygold:
Please do you have any idea if bsc ed from University of ilorin is equivalent to Australian degree for 15point
I'm sorry, no idea.
@lawland could you be of help?

Zany.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by crownnygold: 9:40am On Oct 16, 2017
Thanks alot!
zanyzara:

I'm sorry, no idea.
@lawland could you be of help?

Zany.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 9:42am On Oct 16, 2017
jayooh:

Real prayer needed...I'm already considering accepting the engr tech. as I no longer know what to write
Its just prayer that is needed. Once they suggest engr tech, it is difficult changing their mind. I have read of someone that even paid for professional CDR writers after some back and forth, who was still given engr tech when he got tired of rewriting.

Let's just pray for miracles!

Zany.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 9:43am On Oct 16, 2017
zanyzara:

Its just prayer that is needed. Once they suggest engr tech, it is difficult changing their mind. I have read of someone that even paid for professional CDR writers after some back and forth, who was still given engr tech when he got tired of rewriting.

Let's just pray for miracles!

Zany.

Makes one feel that the decision was prejudiced
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Tuteso: 9:49am On Oct 16, 2017
Based on my own experience, 4-year courses from Unilorin will fetch you 10.
crownnygold:
Thanks alot!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 10:30am On Oct 16, 2017
jayooh:

Will your points still be able to carry you through 189?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by rinzylee(m): 10:40am On Oct 16, 2017
Akachukwu123:
I have a positive assessment with EA and I recently applied for 489 visa with 55 points. What do I do now to get ITA.
THANKS

Aka how far? how was your ielts??
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 11:02am On Oct 16, 2017

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Olabestonic001(m): 12:32pm On Oct 16, 2017
majiouk2002:
I CAN register you for PTE Englsh test for #50.5K. if you are interested, you MAY contact me.

Sent you a PM, accept me bro
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bodyco: 3:10pm On Oct 16, 2017
oknee:

Aims recognised your whole experience. You can only apply as mlt, mls is open for those that passes the assessment examination
For now, northern territory and queensland are sponsoring mlt. My advice is to go for queensland. They are fast in their turn around time and can sponsor you for 190. NT will give u only 489 after about 3 months of applying with them.
In terms of the proof of funds for queensland, you are only required to show proof of a certain amount. Build your acct and you are good to go.
Cheers.
What is the fate of somebody with just one year of experience..
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 3:32pm On Oct 16, 2017
mamajaz:

Will your points still be able to carry you through 189?

For where, even if I get 20points from English I will be at 65points. And engr. Tech. has gone prorata at 70points since February or so.
Another kwams is not much states or region are sponsoring it sef
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 3:39pm On Oct 16, 2017
For those who have submitted EOIs for engineering technologist before, is there a way you indicate your discipline of engineering or all the engr. Techs are lumped together as in the occupation code?
Like say Mechanical engineering tech; civil engineering tech; electrical engineering tech.

Plus, is one submitting any format of documents during EOI submission?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 3:42pm On Oct 16, 2017
Prolivingproof:
You better take time and correct the transcript DOB from your school before sending it out, otherwise you will compound the problem. DOB is a major factor in point based immigration process, they take any inconsistency very seriously.

Well, we have been on it for months now and school is saying they can only change it at point of printout. This means it won't change in their record and I believe that is risky. *sigh*
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by mamajaz(f): 3:44pm On Oct 16, 2017
jayooh:

For where, even if I get 20points from English I will be at 65points. And engr. Tech. has gone prorata at 70points since February or so.
Another kwams is not much states or region are sponsoring it sef
That assessor sha,, it was kamal who had same problem sometimes ago, take it Jere and go 489. God will prosper your ways.
Or, do you feel like trying Canny
Piousford, we are awaiting your testimonies oh.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 3:53pm On Oct 16, 2017
jayooh:
For those who have submitted EOIs for engineering technologist before, is there a way you indicate your discipline of engineering or all the engr. Techs are lumped together as in the occupation code?
Like say Mechanical engineering tech; civil engineering tech; electrical engineering tech.

Plus, is one submitting any format of documents during EOI submission?

Irrespective of your discipline, everybody has the same engr tech code.

You are not submitting any document but need to quote some reference numbers of your documents.

Zany.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by wisemen045(m): 3:57pm On Oct 16, 2017
E-Family,

Please, if I assess as auditor/accountant can I claim partner point for my wife if she assesses as either a Resident Care Officer or Health Promotion Officer? We need all the points we can get oo.

cc Bellong, Alphadoor, Mamajaz,Praiseisgood
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by frank043(m): 4:01pm On Oct 16, 2017
jayooh:

Why not accept it and apply for state nomination?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 4:53pm On Oct 16, 2017
frank043:

Why not accept it and apply for state nomination?
I'm still considering and gathering info on it. State nomination is scarce with only Tasmania and NSW looking that way.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 4:56pm On Oct 16, 2017
zanyzara:

Irrespective of your discipline, everybody has the same engr tech code.

You are not submitting any document but need to quote some reference numbers of your documents.

Zany.
Ok

mamajaz:

That assessor sha,, it was kamal who had same problem sometimes ago, take it Jere and go 489. God will prosper your ways.
Or, do you feel like trying Canny
Piousford, we are awaiting your testimonies oh.
Yeah, but I thinks Kamal's was engineering manager to civil engineer... which is still cool for ITA
All in mind is how soon one will be able to secure the ITA.
I will work around it
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Deon2020(m): 5:32pm On Oct 16, 2017
Good Peeps in the house..
I appreciate you for all your guidance, assistance and insightful knowledge you have shared in the forum. I am interested in pursuing an Australia skilled independent visa (subclass 189).
I am a Geographical Information Systems Analyst. My nominated occupation is Other Spatial Scientist, ANZSCO Code: 232214, Accessing Authority - Vetassess
I am 37 years old, with 7+ years of experience in the Geospatial industry. My education qualifications are as follows:
B.Tech. (Honors) in Computer science – Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Nigeria (2004)
B.Sc. (Honors) in Geoinformatics - University of Stellenbosch, South Africa (2010)
M.Sc. in Geographical Information Systems – University of South Wales, UK (2014)
I would want to start my application process by firstly applying for Vetasssess skills assessment. I presently withhold all my transcripts which was given to me on the dates of my graduation. But I read on Vetassess website that for Nigerian qualifications, it must be sealed and sent directly to their institution. On that note, I will have to travel to Ogbomosho (LAUTECH) to request for another transcript. Unfortunately, LAUTECH is on strike as we speak, but still I must find a way to get it sorted.
Please kindly highlight if the transcript sent via courier., when will be the best time to apply for the assessment? just to be sure that they received the transcript.
Please I will kindly need your help with regards to this crucial process of my skills assessment. Any advice on completing my skills assessment in anticipation for a good feedback. I will be eternally grateful.
Thank you and God bless.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 5:37pm On Oct 16, 2017
bornlegend:
Hello Fam!

Just realized that it is HARD to get recent job adverts for Engineering technologist since it is a requirement for Tasmania state sponsorship to provide at least 5 recent job adverts on the occupation within the last 6 weeks. Any help available? I have combed some popular Australian job engines but to no avail.

Which job sites have you been combing?

Also, in what context will one provide the adverts? Screen grabbing? Printing and re-scanning or what??
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by topiiiiiiii(f): 6:08pm On Oct 16, 2017
please my brother studied electrical and electronics engineering with no work experience is he eligible to asesss his qualification nd his partner too can asses her qualification to earn abt 65point..... i have gone through dis pages but still puzzled abt the prorata that is 70 please we need advise .......i heard state nomination also require work experience dont know how true
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by webmaster3: 6:54pm On Oct 16, 2017
Can someone assist with how much the entire process is going to cost?? I've read the thread from first page and am yet to see how much the whole process of getting a PR would cost. My evaluation body is ACS
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 7:09pm On Oct 16, 2017
webmaster3:
Can someone assist with how much the entire process is going to cost?? I've read the thread from first page and am yet to see how much the whole process of getting a PR would cost. My evaluation body is ACS
It's not one size fits all. Your own peculiar case will determine your total cost. For instance, which English test are you writing PTE or IELTS? Will you write only once to get 20points in case you need it? That's just one variable for a start.

Zany.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by oknee: 7:10pm On Oct 16, 2017
bodyco:

What is the fate of somebody with just one year of experience..
When did you graduate? Are you done with your internship?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 7:16pm On Oct 16, 2017
topiiiiiiii:
please my brother studied electrical and electronics engineering with no work experience is he eligible to asesss his qualification nd his partner too can asses her qualification to earn abt 65point..... i have gone through dis pages but still puzzled abt the prorata that is 70 please we need advise .......i heard state nomination also require work experience dont know how true
Tell your brother to read page 0 of this thread. That said, he is more than eligible to assess with EA without work experience. There are some conditions to be met before claiming partner's point. How are you sure he will even need that? Read page 0 and you will be better informed.

Zany.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by webmaster3: 7:18pm On Oct 16, 2017
zanyzara:

It's not one size fits all. Your own peculiar case will determine your total cost. For instance, which English test are you writing PTE or IELTS? Will you write only once to get 20points in case you need it? That's just one variable for a start.

Zany.
I know IELTS cost 68k,wrote this weekend.. And I know ACS verification cost 500AUD. It's the other cost am interested in.. Is there any site you can refer me to on the other cost
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by webmaster3: 7:27pm On Oct 16, 2017
I also read on page 1of this thread on comparison between Aussie PR migration and Canada. It was stated that Australian application cost thrice as much compared to Canada but POF is not required.. Is this true?.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 7:34pm On Oct 16, 2017
webmaster3:

I know IELTS cost 68k,wrote this weekend.. And I know ACS verification cost 500AUD. It's the other cost am interested in.. Is there any site you can refer me to on the other cost
Visa fees
http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Visa-1

PCC 5k

Flight?

Zany.

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 7:46pm On Oct 16, 2017
wisemen045:
E-Family,

Please, if I assess as auditor/accountant can I claim partner point for my wife if she assesses as either a Resident Care Officer or Health Promotion Officer? We need all the points we can get oo.

cc Bellong, Alphadoor, Mamajaz,Praiseisgood

For claiming partner's point, it must be an occupation that is on the same skilled occupations list as your nominated occupation. While Auditor/Accountant is on the MLTSSL, Residential Care Officer and Health Promotion Officer are on STSOL. I don't think you can claim partner's point. Let others put mouth.

Zany.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 7:48pm On Oct 16, 2017
webmaster3:
I also read on page 1of this thread on comparison between Aussie PR migration and Canada. It was stated that Australian application cost thrice as much compared to Canada but POF is not required.. Is this true?.
I know it's more expensive but dunno if it is thrice. You don't need POF for 189 visa.

Zany.

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.