Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (470) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1209632 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 4:35am On Oct 18, 2017
nikkycool:
Please good people of this,this is for my brothe.He has gotten positive assessment from Vetassess but wants to calculate his points.He wants to know how many points Masters qualification can fetch him.I.e how many points do they calculate for Masters holders,is it 10 or 15points.Waiting urgently for your kind feedback.Thanks
15pts
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Chinlov: 4:49am On Oct 18, 2017
Yes, I think so
zanyzara:

@chinlov

Do you qualify as per this?

Zany.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by KIKIADE: 6:42am On Oct 18, 2017
sir,
very bright.
just get a positive outcome from TRA.
jyteman:
good day fams
am a graduate of mechanical engineering technology HND from fpi
currently work as a mechanical engineering technician with 5yrs 6 month working experience have ielts English test as LRWS 8777
what is my chance in this Australia PR journey pls assist a brother to with ur analysis.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ogbevireo(m): 6:49am On Oct 18, 2017
ObaCrew:
I've been able to get to this point through TRA. And I can't do anything except if I register. Please which one do I need to register for. The I also read about EOI and I do not know which one comes first so as to forge ahead. I saw the portal on TRA now but I just don't want to submit things without proper information and guide. Please someone should put me through. I really need help.

Attached are the screen shots of what I got.

Good morning @ObaCrew I will suggest that you take it easy and collate information slowly but surely. You seem to be in a hurry about the process and I don't think that is good.

Go through the thread, you will see those who have gone through TRA. If their comments and discussions do not answer your questions then you can mention or quote them to get clarifications.

Just my opinion 'this journey is not a sprint'.

2 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by KIKIADE: 6:50am On Oct 18, 2017
CONGRATULATIONS,Sir
doyen06:
Hi fellow Nairalanders, just a quick update. My family of 4 left Lagos on 14th for Dubai DXB airport and we had a 4 hours stop over. The ticket IOM sent us only had a stop over at Dubai but we were surprised To have another stop over at Bangkok, though a brief one. Emirate is excellent and their in flight entertainment system really helped in relieving the stress of the journey. After about 24 hours on the air, we safely arrived Sydney by 9am on the 16th of oct. We clear the customs easily and people here are so helpful, we got two stranger helped with out trolley and Sannywemmy was already waiting to pick us up. He's an excellent guy and so is his wife. Thanks to other members who kept tracking us on the air: ayaboyo, sir bellong, mctowel, bnimz, kikiade and my personal person @disectur. Special thanks to my landlord(Jamson) and Mrs Jamson for her hospitality, the efo and semo was very much on point. On the 17th of oct, Sannywemmy is around again to take us to centerlink and we complete our registrations. I'll give more update as we settle.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by frank043(m): 6:55am On Oct 18, 2017
jukeblam:

Actually, masters by research (M.Phil) is free for only domestic students i.e. Aus or NZ citizens, permanent residents and humanitarian visa holders only. Same thing with PhD.

As an international student, you will pay your fees. In full. Except you have a scholarship.

I beg to disagree. Masters by research is FREE. I have three friends running the program there, I have been on this for over a year now. So long as you are offered admission, you won't pay any KOBO. So long as one gets a supervisor (Dr or Prof) willing to supervise. If it's masters by coursework or taught, I will agree that it ain't free to all.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by KIKIADE: 6:56am On Oct 18, 2017
sir,
u can apply for any mechanical engineering related occupations with more options and better prospect,u only need to tailor your job descriptions to the selected occupation with the anzscosearch as a guide.
zanyzara:

Read page 0. Meanwhile, mechanical engineering technician is only sponsored by SA and TAS for 190 and 489 visa. Read the requirements for that.

Zany.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 7:46am On Oct 18, 2017
KIKIADE:
sir,
u can apply for any mechanical engineering related occupations with more options and better prospect,u only need to tailor your job descriptions to the selected occupation with the anzscosearch as a guide.

Thank you Kiki.

@Jyteman kindly note this.

Zany.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by zanyzara: 7:49am On Oct 18, 2017
Chinlov:
Yes, I think so
That's good. Kindly read the requirements/steps on AIMS website and post any challenge you might have here. People will help torchlight am.

cc Cognito79

Zany.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chytai(f): 7:50am On Oct 18, 2017
KIKIADE:
sir,

Please sir, can you state the documents you submitted to TRA for assessment.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 8:24am On Oct 18, 2017
jukeblam:

Actually, masters by research (M.Phil) is free for only domestic students i.e. Aus or NZ citizens, permanent residents and humanitarian visa holders only. Same thing with PhD.

As an international student, you will pay your fees. In full. Except you have a scholarship.

Chairman, this my assessor do me strong thing again o tongue. I'm vying for draftperson now oh, hoping this pulls through.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by niceoneboy: 8:33am On Oct 18, 2017
Hi all,

Someone should please advise base on below Info.
Positive Assessment Vetessess- Customer Service Manager (ANZSCO Code: 149212
Qualification : 1. assessed as comparable to the educational level of an AQF Master degree and is therefore at the required level.
Number of years assessed positively: 6.1
Ielts : S7.5,L7,W7,R6
Propose state : Northern Territory
What are the chances and which class of visa will you suggest i put in for, plus do i stand a chance of getting 60 point.?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 8:46am On Oct 18, 2017
webmaster3:
I need advice on this. Am currently attempting ACS evaluation and i have both OND (Computer Science) and Bsc(Computer Engr). Do i need to upload transcript for both qualifications or only the highest qualification needs to be done. Note that i had a Direct Entry to University and did not undergo 100Level which would show in my University transcript.

Details Details details

what occupation are you nominating?
what year did you graduate and what school ...both OND and BSC?
How many years of experience do you have or claiming?

the answer to your question is complicated and simple at the same time with ACS if you want to get more than positive assessment result, cc misoke : azy123.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 8:51am On Oct 18, 2017
niceoneboy:
Hi all,

Someone should please advise base on below Info.
Positive Assessment Vetessess- Customer Service Manager (ANZSCO Code: 149212
Qualification : 1. assessed as comparable to the educational level of an AQF Master degree and is therefore at the required level.
Number of years assessed positively: 6.1
Ielts : S7.5,L7,W7,R6
Propose state : Northern Territory
What are the chances and which class of visa will you suggest i put in for, plus do i stand a chance of getting 60 point.?
Based on current trend i will say visa 489

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/489-
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Rett0: 8:51am On Oct 18, 2017
jayooh:

I have been seriously thinking about this option too, although I feel my resume and episodes don't match the occupations tasks at all.

Zany thanks a lot for your concern, I'm thinking it will even have to be to EA because my CDR don't match draftperson at all. Now coming around to change everything, won't it amount to some sort of falsification?

As for DIBP I'm not claiming work experience, so I believe they can hold their peace.

Do you have an Associate degree?
Draftsperson is under skill level 2. I doubt you'll get a positive outcome without an Associate degree.
We had applied to be assessed for a skill level 2 occupation and had an ET outcome despite preparing our CDR in line and having work experience in the role.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 8:57am On Oct 18, 2017
fatima04:
Yes you can for visa application24L/24R/27W/23S gives you 10 pts, however ACS doesnt require english test from my research oo,

@alphadoor can answer you authoritatively

Graceee:
Hello Fam
Plz can I use TOEFL instead of IElts or PTE for assessing bodies like acs and visa app too ?

as mentioned by fatima04, I couldn't agree more. she is spot on
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ObaCrew: 9:24am On Oct 18, 2017
ogbevireo:

Good morning @ObaCrew I will suggest that you take it easy and collate information slowly but surely. You seem to be in a hurry about the process and I don't think that is good.

Go through the thread, you will see those who have gone through TRA. If their comments and discussions do not answer your questions then you can mention or quote them to get clarifications.

Just my opinion 'this journey is not a sprint'.

Thank you so much. That's what I realised now. Thank you so much. I'm on the stuffs reading through now. I appreciate alot
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jukeblam(m): 9:38am On Oct 18, 2017
frank043:

I beg to disagree. Masters by research is FREE. I have three friends running the program there, I have been on this for over a year now. So long as you are offered admission, you won't pay any KOBO. So long as one gets a supervisor (Dr or Prof) willing to supervise. If it's masters by coursework or taught, I will agree that it ain't free to all.

Are they on some kind of sponsorship? Do(es) the supervisor(s) have a grant wherein the school fees is offset? Did they get an Australian government scholarship? There are some schools that automatically consider all research degree applicants for a scholarship when applying for admission (e.g. Unimelb https://scholarships.unimelb.edu.au/awards/graduate-research-scholarships) - while some don't grant automatic consideration and you've got to apply for scholarship separately from admission application (e.g. UWA); also, research area too could determine if one gets the scholarship after automatic consideration even. Quite a handful of variables apply actually.

If you can, try to clarify what scenarios apply to your friends; then the picture will be clearer. And you can share your findings here to help whoever would need it. So someone doesn't get international student admission into a research degree at UWA and just assume there will be no fees to be paid.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by niceoneboy: 9:39am On Oct 18, 2017
have done my assessment (VETESSESS) While filling out the EOI, there is one field asking my ''Reference number/receipt number'' from the assessing authority.

Where do I locate the reference number on the certificate?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by webmaster3: 9:41am On Oct 18, 2017
Alphadoor:

Details Details details

what occupation are you nominating?
what year did you graduate and what school ...both OND and BSC?
How many years of experience do you have or claiming?

the answer to your question is complicated and simple at the same time with ACS if you want to get more than positive assessment result, cc misoke : azy123.

@misoke.

Graduating Year: 1999 for OND, 2004 for Bsc
Years of Experience: 8 Years.
Can you share with me your email address if possible?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 9:49am On Oct 18, 2017
There is likely to be three rounds of invitation this November...!!
1st..... 18th..... and 29th

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jukeblam(m): 9:51am On Oct 18, 2017
jayooh:

Chairman, this my assessor do me strong thing again o tongue. I'm vying for draftperson now oh, hoping this pulls through.

Yes, I see the whole thing. It's all good, bros.
Let's hope that works- then you know what the next step would be.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 10:08am On Oct 18, 2017
webmaster3:

@misoke.

Graduating Year: 1999 for OND, 2004 for Bsc
Years of Experience: 8 Years.
Can you share with me your email address if possible?
You can go ahead and submit both documents. however your application may trigger an RPL .. if those, pls do not fret, its actually good for you. is 8yrs the maximum you can claim, 2004 till date is 13yr that ACS will like to slice and slash.

I hope your JD is well aligned with system analyst roles. this is very important

send a PM

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by niceoneboy: 10:30am On Oct 18, 2017
Can I use Assessment for done for a certain state in another state EOI? e.g I did quoted SA when applying for Assessment now have decided to apply to NT will my assessment be accepted.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ejimjesus: 10:40am On Oct 18, 2017
ejimjesus:

Thanks bro

Thanks majiouk2002 for the voucher. PTE scheduled
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ejimjesus: 10:45am On Oct 18, 2017
mamajaz:

Please contact majiouk2002

Thanks majiouk2002 for the voucher. PTE scheduled

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by niceoneboy: 10:48am On Oct 18, 2017
oknee:

Aims recognised your whole experience. You can only apply as mlt, mls is open for those that passes the assessment examination
For now, northern territory and queensland are sponsoring mlt. My advice is to go for queensland. They are fast in their turn around time and can sponsor you for 190. NT will give u only 489 after about 3 months of applying with them.
In terms of the proof of funds for queensland, you are only required to show proof of a certain amount. Build your acct and you are good to go.
Cheers.

Okeene can I have your number pleease
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by niceoneboy: 10:54am On Oct 18, 2017
niceoneboy:
Can I use Assessment for done for a certain state in another state EOI? e.g I did quoted SA when applying for Assessment now have decided to apply to NT will my assessment be accepted.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ejimjesus: 11:10am On Oct 18, 2017
oknee:

Aims recognised your whole experience. You can only apply as mlt, mls is open for those that passes the assessment examination
For now, northern territory and queensland are sponsoring mlt. My advice is to go for queensland. They are fast in their turn around time and can sponsor you for 190. NT will give u only 489 after about 3 months of applying with them.
In terms of the proof of funds for queensland, you are only required to show proof of a certain amount. Build your acct and you are good to go.
Cheers.

Good morning, please I am a medical laboratory scientist and have scheduled PTE-A. What is the first step I should take after my PTE-A result is out? I saw that NSW is sponsoring
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by chuglothen(f): 11:18am On Oct 18, 2017
Hello house, should I am about submitting my documents for vetassess assessment. Should i put the whole pension records or just the last 6 months?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 11:36am On Oct 18, 2017
Rett0:

Do you have an Associate degree?
Draftsperson is under skill level 2. I doubt you'll get a positive outcome without an Associate degree.
We had applied to be assessed for a skill level 2 occupation and had an ET outcome despite preparing our CDR in line and having work experience in the role.

No associate degree but I believe God to see me through... was it draftperson u applied for too or some other occupation? What's their concern if one has bsc but decides to do the work of a diploma holder?

I thought it was stated sometimes ago that u can assess for occupations with lower or trade requirements and still use your BSC to claim maximum points at DIBP stage?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by morakky: 11:51am On Oct 18, 2017
Hello All,

I want to claim 5yrs work experience. My question is am I going to provide 5yrs payslips or just six months.

(1) (2) (3) ... (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.