Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,786 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (504) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1209319 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 14, 2017
@SegunWamiri I sight you o
How the journey for the other end dey go?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:01pm On Nov 14, 2017
@Princesweetman2,

On the front page, there are instructions that will guide you to calculate your points. It is self explanatory.

However, the first thing is to identify the occupation you want to nominate in line with your experience.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bellong: 10:06pm On Nov 14, 2017
Guitarlife:

Abeg make people reason my matter na?

You initially decided to use your MSc thesis and unpaid internship. Why not use them.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 6:16am On Nov 15, 2017
DIBP finally release November (9th & 22nd) rounds date and October 18th round result.

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Skil#tab-content-2

3 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 7:44am On Nov 15, 2017
[quote author=Alphadoor post=62388921]DIBP finally release November (9th & 22nd) rounds date and October 18th round result.

Invitations for November is 700 for each round? Wow.
God dey.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 15, 2017
hi, i just finished my nysc, n want to start my masters n pr process. any 1 dat comes first, d other can follow.
my occupation is a problem mining engineering its not listed. when i targeted Eng technologies it looks like its being taken away and 70points is needed n i can get only 65. pls wat other occupation can i choose.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Phlunter01: 10:26am On Nov 15, 2017
Alphadoor:
DIBP finally release November (9th & 22nd) rounds date and October 18th round result.

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Skil#tab-content-2
Wow! Just 700 invites?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 15, 2017
Phlunter01:

Wow! Just 700 invites?
My sister, the thing just keeps reducing o. Make God help us. Grant fall on you soonest Ma’am.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 10:57am On Nov 15, 2017
koleefem05:
My sister, the thing just keeps reducing o. Make God help us. Grant fall on you soonest Ma’am.

Amen ohhhh

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by majiouk2002: 10:58am On Nov 15, 2017
koleefem05:
You're already aware of your weakness as regards PTE. However, with constant practice you can overcome. You've also done excelently well in IELTS , speaking especially. Why not excerise a little patience for the (+ve) remark outcome? Or how are you very sure you'll get better scores if you rewrite IELTS. Be optimistic...an uncle got a positive remark of 0.5 early this month. You can too. What point are you at? And have you considered state nomination?

Excellent feedback and encouragement @koleefem05, keep it up!

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 15, 2017
Hello friends,

In the spirit of being proactive and seeing that the minimum point for the candidates invited for electrical engineer is 70points, I am considering assessing as an electronic engineer with EA.

The pros and cons of both Electrical Engineer and the Electronic Engineer that I can identify are stated below :
1. Electrical engineer has other states and regions nominating but the point is 70 so I could easily nominate a 190 visa.
2. Electronic Engineer has just one other state nominating it and the minimum point for now is 65.
I am aiming for a total points haul of 65points from education, age and english test.

Based on all these points I need advise if to assess as an Electronic or an Electrical Engineer.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 11:50am On Nov 15, 2017
Phlunter01:

Wow! Just 700 invites?

its quite low.
rumor has it that, ITA was done manually and only 70 pointers and above were invited.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by okdee: 11:55am On Nov 15, 2017
Hello house

Please what is the process to seek for nomination
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by aussiemama: 1:20pm On Nov 15, 2017
koleefem05:
You're already aware of your weakness as regards PTE. However, with constant practice you can overcome. You've also done excelently well in IELTS , speaking especially. Why not excerise a little patience for the (+ve) remark outcome? Or how are you very sure you'll get better scores if you rewrite IELTS. Be optimistic...an uncle got a positive remark of 0.5 early this month. You can too. What point are you at? And have you considered state nomination?

Thank you so much. You've helped me gain perspective. I applied for NSW nomination as well. I'll just wait till January when the remark will be out. grin

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Phlunter01: 2:01pm On Nov 15, 2017
koleefem05:

Amen oh. Thank you bro

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by stepo707: 4:56pm On Nov 15, 2017
Seems like no one wrote here on Nov 2nd Ielts or no one has checked his/her result yet?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 12:16am On Nov 16, 2017
Hello Diggy4real, hope you're good? have you been able to submit your papers to Tasmania for nomination?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by gbomowakimi: 5:09am On Nov 16, 2017
dear all,is it advisable to take 489 of Riverina in NSW?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by KIKIADE: 5:41am On Nov 16, 2017
sir,
were you able to specify the stream you want to be considered for when filling the EOI?

jayooh:

But I think the EOI is for expressing your interest so that I qualified employers can see your profile, contact you and decide whether to nominate you or not. Or did I get it all wrong.

Someone mentioned something about an employer contacting them earlier in the thread if I can remember.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Obyroli: 6:30am On Nov 16, 2017
please can someone send me both IELTS materials and PTE materials.Thanks
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by dotzok: 7:01am On Nov 16, 2017
Phlunter01:

Wow! Just 700 invites?

How many did it use to be
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 8:13am On Nov 16, 2017
KIKIADE:
sir,
were you able to specify the stream you want to be considered for when filling the EOI?

I was able to indicate the subclass(es) e.g. 189, 190, 489 when filling my EOI. Do know much about stream nut believe it's the prerogative of the state to assign and assess your application to and/or in their different streams.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 8:15am On Nov 16, 2017
gbomowakimi:
dear all,is it advisable to take 489 of Riverina in NSW?

Under which occupation and have u been nominated already?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Ndaife: 8:30am On Nov 16, 2017
Hello everyone, please help me out with this.
I am a graduate of Biochemistry, graduated 2012 but has been working as a teacher in a private secondary school since then, recently I went to learn painting and I have completed that and I can say that Am good in it as I have all the necessary skills required of a good painter. On the MLTSSL occupation list, I saw Paint trade worker and will like to nominate it, but my greatest challenge is d years of experience and evidence of payment as required by TRA. Please experienced folks in d house, is it possible for me to apply and get positive outcome of the assessment if I can gt 60 points from other angles and considering my few months work experience?
My details r as follows:
Age = 29 (30 points)
Qualification = B.Sc in Biochemistry IMSU, (10 or 15 points)
English test: ( what if I gt 20 points)
Experience: 0-3 years (0 point)

Please with this, can one apply for the skill assessment and have positive outcome??
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Funmie17: 9:38am On Nov 16, 2017
Good morning all, please i would like to find out my chances of doing pr in Australia.i am a unilag graduate with bsc in insurance and msc in management.i have about 8years experience in insurance industry.i have a 3years old son my hubby has a bsc in psychology with about 7years experience in administration. I would like to find out if my younger brother can be my dependant .thank you as I await ur responses.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Horticulturist: 10:50am On Nov 16, 2017
Please Id like to ask, if one has 65points and the minimum number of points required gor such skill set is 65points . Is it guaranteed that such person wud get an ITA?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Eladua(m): 11:02am On Nov 16, 2017
Has anyone booked ticket with IOM recently? Or any suggestion on how to get a cheap ticket. Thanks.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by webmaster3: 11:25am On Nov 16, 2017
majiouk2002:

I sell PTE vouchers for #51.5k

How can i contact you for the voucher?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by SegunWamiri(m): 12:22pm On Nov 16, 2017
stepo707:
Seems like no one wrote here on Nov 2nd Ielts or no one has checked his/her result yet?

Expect your result Friday @12am (UK time) 1am dot Nigerian time.

An advise for those writing IELTS soon: You know those few questions in Listening and Reading where you have to write the actual words? DO NOT write them in CAPS as advised by some of these YouTube tutors. I know they say it's OK to do so but I believe some markers frown at this or MAYBE there's a recent adjustment to their marking scheme. Though it helps to avoid the pitfalls of starting with small letters some words that usually should have been started with a capital letter but if you are certain of yourself, don't do ALL CAPS.

I believe this is the reason I got the below result. Hence, I intend to challenge it..despite being Objective modules. Let the Chief examiner in the UK give his/her own opinion because I'm 100% sure that I heard EVERYTHING clearly as the recording was played back.

Cheers

LRWS 6.5,6.5,7.5,7

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 16, 2017
Now guys am panicking I submitted my visa application last month just noticed that I put wrong year When we moved to our new apartment instead of March 2015 I wrote March 2016 in our form 80 and application form embarassed .

What should I do guys cry cry
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 16, 2017
SegunWamiri:
An advise for those writing IELTS soon:
I'm 100% sure that I heard EVERYTHING clearly as the recording was played back
Did you just say the recordings was played twice? Is that an adjustment by British Council?

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Alphadoor: 1:24pm On Nov 16, 2017
uchenna2017:
Now guys am panicking I submitted my visa application last month just noticed that I put wrong year When we moved to our new apartment instead of March 2015 I wrote March 2016 in our form 80 and application form embarassed .

What should I do guys cry cry
IMO:
Nothing to worry about.

Since you replicated same across your documents.
No conflicts... no foul
However you can use for 1023 to inform DIBP.

https://www.border.gov.au/Lega/Lega/Form/Immi-FAQs/can-i-change-personal-and-application-details-in-immiaccount

(1) (2) (3) ... (501) (502) (503) (504) (505) (506) (507) ... (607)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.