Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,593 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. - Travel (562) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. (1206613 Views)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) ... (607) (Go Down)

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 10:28am On Feb 09, 2018
Phlunter01:

You are indeed next. The grant is closer than you think.
Congratulations in advance

haaaaaa!..Prophet/prophetess ooohhh!!!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Logictinz: 10:29am On Feb 09, 2018
Congrats ZoeW.

Phlunter01:

Oh Glory be to God in the highest.

I am very happy.

Now I and my sister @TeewhySafe are next in Jesus name.

You shall prosper in OZ
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by TRed: 10:30am On Feb 09, 2018
ZoeW:

And indeed I was next!
Visa granted 9 February 2018!!!
Too excited to post my timelines!!!

Congrats!!!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by afojibola: 10:48am On Feb 09, 2018
congrats @ZoeW.......all d best......pls post ur time ASAP........waiting on home affairs not easy.....d anxiety
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Neks001(f): 11:23am On Feb 09, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
ZoeW:

And indeed I was next!

Congrats ZoeW, I'm next too, applied since June 30 and had the last CO on the 20th of October.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jayooh: 11:47am On Feb 09, 2018
ZoeW:

And indeed I was next!

Congratulations
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 12:10pm On Feb 09, 2018
Congrats Zoew and Timikenzo2, at last the wait is worth it.

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Femicrux: 12:54pm On Feb 09, 2018
Pls, I just started following this thread. I need clarity on some issues. At what stage of the application does the approx. $3500 visa fee come into play? Is that after you are certain your PR has been awarded? Also how is this different to the $500 application fee?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by timikenzo2(f): 12:54pm On Feb 09, 2018
Misoke:

Wow!..what was your fproof of english procifiency for your hubby if you dont mind my asking?

They even asked for the employers registration/tax doc?Its well oh.. shocked

This my case eheeen.....nothing wey i no submit oo. Hubby submitted his first degree and proficiency letter from skol
Getting the coys documents wasn't easy,in all we were favoured to get them.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by KetchyMaryann: 12:58pm On Feb 09, 2018
Good afternoon All, my name is Maryann, I am a graduate of Public Health, I am an Environmental health officer. I need help ooo, I saw the occupation as health promotion Officer which only one state nominated. I want to apply for Social Work as my occupation since it is similar, please if anyone is familiar with the requirements of the assessing body assessing social worker and if it is the right path I am about heading towards, thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Pinoralia: 1:07pm On Feb 09, 2018
KetchyMaryann:
Good afternoon All, my name is Maryann, I am a graduate of Public Health, I am an Environmental health officer. I need help ooo, I saw the occupation as health promotion Officer which only one state nominated. I want to apply for Social Work as my occupation since it is similar, please if anyone is familiar with the requirements of the assessing body assessing social worker and if it is the right path I am about heading towards, thank you.

You can read through this. All the best.

https://www.aasw.asn.au/careers-study/migration-skills-assessment

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Pinoralia: 1:18pm On Feb 09, 2018
Femicrux:
Pls, I just started following this thread. I need clarity on some issues. At what stage of the application does the approx. $3500 visa fee come into play? Is that after you are certain your PR has been awarded? Also how is this different to the $500 application fee?

Visa fee $3670 is paid after your invitation. A step before visa is granted. You 90% sure visa will be granted by then if your documents and claims ( for points) are genuine.

$500 for What?
Skill assessment?
Explain
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 09, 2018
timikenzo2:

This my case eheeen.....nothing wey i no submit oo. Hubby submitted his first degree and proficiency letter from skol
Getting the coys documents wasn't easy,in all we were favoured to get them.

ok i thought he had to do an eglish test to prove profiency.
Coy docs is really extreme, unless they could not see the website of the company or something online

Go and pack your bags! wink wink welcome to Oz!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ZoeW: 1:45pm On Feb 09, 2018
Logictinz:
Congrats ZoeW.
TRed:
Congrats!!!
afojibola:
congrats @ZoeW.......all d best......pls post ur time ASAP........waiting on home affairs not easy.....d anxiety
Neks001:
Congrats ZoeW, I'm next too, applied since June 30 and had the last CO on the 20th of October.
jayooh:
Congratulations
doyen06:
Congrats Zoew and Timikenzo2, at last the wait is worth it.
Thanks everyone.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Femicrux: 1:52pm On Feb 09, 2018
Pinoralia:

Visa fee $3670 is paid after your invitation. A step before visa is granted. You 90% sure visa will be granted by then if your documents and claims ( for points) are genuine.

$500 for What?
Skill assessment?
Explain

Sorry if i got that part wrong. On the first few pages of this thread, i saw someone post something about an application fee for that covers about 8 stages of assessment. Isn't an application fee charged by the Australian body in charge of immigration?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by babylove01: 2:27pm On Feb 09, 2018
ZoeW:

Congratulations. May you prosper in oz
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by afojibola: 2:38pm On Feb 09, 2018
Neks001:
[color=#006600][/color]

@Neks.....our lodgement date pretty close ..my June 27,added new born in September,CO contact on Oct 20 for new born medicals ... ...I pray our own grants come soon in Jesus name
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by jazinogold(m): 2:41pm On Feb 09, 2018
afojibola:

@Neks.....our lodgement date pretty close ..my June 27,added new born in September,CO contact on Oct 20 for new born medicals ... ...I pray our own grants come soon in Jesus name
which state nomination?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by bourg: 2:55pm On Feb 09, 2018
Thanks brother but my only challenge is that i have just 8 months bank statement ready and this is because i closed my previous account and opened a new one with GTBank eight months ago.Can eight months bank statement and complete payslip work with this?
Pinoralia:

Submit both payslip and Acct statement. They reckon with acct statement better than payslip cos anyone can sit down and draft payslips to claim points. Let the account statement capture the entire duration of years through which you are claiming years of experience points for. I generated mine online and send it like that. It saves you time and money.

As for me, payslips, I merged them together in PDF. I used the first 3months, then one payslip per quarter, then the last three months. Let them follow in chronological order. The easier for your CO, the less the tendency of asking you for more documents.

All the best brother.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by ZoeW: 3:50pm On Feb 09, 2018
ZoeW:
And indeed I was next!
Thanks everyone for all your messages. Now I have calmed down, my time line is below:

25 March 2017 - IELTS A (10 Points)

16 June 2017 - ACS Skills Assessment submitted for ICT Business Analyst (ANZSCO 261111)

24 June 2017 - IELTS G (10 Points) (Later got 20 points from EOR but had already applied using PTE)

30 June 2017 - ACS contact to advise me to switch my application to RPL

04 July 2017 - ACS RPL Assessment submitted for ICT Business Analyst (ANZSCO 261111)

14 July 2017 - PTE A (20 Points)

25 July 2017 - ACS Positive Assessment Received with 10 Points for experience (with other qualification assessed as equivalent to AQF diploma)

25 July 2017 - EOI submitted with 70 Points

02 August 2017 - EOI submitted with 75 Points (used my university degree and did a PTA with VETASSSES)

08 August 2017 - ITA Received

30 August 2017 - Application lodged

05 September 2017 - Medicals done

05 October 2017 - CO contact for polio vaccination evidence for myself and spouse (we used EKO hospital immunization cards for our kids)

08 October 2017 - Responded to CO with yellow card scans from port health.

09 February 2018 - Grant received

05 September 2018 - IED

Special thanks to my main people that always encouraged me: Alphadoor and Misoke! You guys are next. And to all active contributors on the thread God bless you guys.

15 Likes

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Mefia91: 4:17pm On Feb 09, 2018
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Neks001(f): 4:33pm On Feb 09, 2018
afojibola:

Wow, that's same with me, added newborn in September, CO contact in October for newborn medicals. LOL
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 5:03pm On Feb 09, 2018
KetchyMaryann:

You. Need to have a degree equivalent to Australia's BSc to get positive assessment as social worker.
That means, a 4 year course with Tier one university or a 5 year course with Tier 2 university.
(It's always easier if you tell us which school you graduated from, how many years course of study and how long you have been working)..
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by trastar(f): 5:06pm On Feb 09, 2018
Femicrux:

You pay visa fee after you have assessed your degree and education and it's positive for the occupation you are nominating and you have been invited to apply for visa.

500 aud is for accessment of your IT degree.
If your degree is not IT related, assessment fee might be more or the same. This fee is determined by the body assessing your degree.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 09, 2018
ZoeW:

Thanks everyone for all your messages. Now I have calmed down, my time line is below:

25 March 2017 - IELTS A (10 Points)

16 June 2017 - ACS Skills Assessment submitted for ICT Business Analyst (ANZSCO 261111)

24 June 2017 - IELTS G (10 Points) (Later got 20 points from EOR but had already applied using PTE)

30 June 2017 - ACS contact to advise me to switch my application to RPL

04 July 2017 - ACS RPL Assessment submitted for ICT Business Analyst (ANZSCO 261111)

14 July 2017 - PTE A (20 Points)

25 July 2017 - ACS Positive Assessment Received with 10 Points for experience (with other qualification assessed as equivalent to AQF diploma)

25 July 2017 - EOI submitted with 70 Points

02 August 2017 - EOI submitted with 75 Points (used my university degree and did a PTA with VETASSSES)

08 August 2017 - ITA Received

30 August 2017 - Application lodged

05 September 2017 - Medicals done

05 October 2017 - CO contact for polio vaccination evidence for myself and spouse (we used EKO hospital immunization cards for our kids)

08 October 2017 - Responded to CO with yellow card scans from port health.

09 February 2018 - Grant received

05 September 2018 - IED

Special thanks to my main people that always encouraged me: Alphadoor and Misoke! You guys are next. And to all active contributors on the thread God bless you guys.

Kimmon!timeline of life!..i tap oh....start packing oh,Oz here you come cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by afojibola: 5:16pm On Feb 09, 2018
jazinogold:
which state nomination?
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by afojibola: 5:18pm On Feb 09, 2018
Neks001:

Wow, that's same with me, added newborn in September, CO contact in October for newborn medicals. LOL

Imagine that.....we shall both share our grants testimony soon in Jesus name
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Feb 09, 2018
Hello, I am a builder, can I apply?
If yes what are the requirements?
Thanks all
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by Neks001(f): 6:03pm On Feb 09, 2018
afojibola:

Imagine that.....we shall both share our grants testimony soon in Jesus name

Amen!!!
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by KetchyMaryann: 7:14pm On Feb 09, 2018
[quote author=Neks001

5 years )Federal University of Technology, Owerri, IMO state, Nigeria. I have 3 years working experience.Thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by KetchyMaryann: 7:17pm On Feb 09, 2018
trastar:

You. Need to have a degree equivalent to Australia's BSc to get positive assessment as social worker.
That means, a 4 year course with Tier one university or a 5 year course with Tier 2 university.
(It's always easier if you tell us which school you graduated from, how many years course of study and how long you have been working)..

@traster, 5 years , federal university of Technology Owerri, IMO state , Nigeria, 3 years working experience, Thank you.
Re: General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration. by KetchyMaryann: 7:20pm On Feb 09, 2018
Pinoralia:

You can read through this. All the best.

https://www.aasw.asn.au/careers-study/migration-skills-assessment

Please I am finding it hard to access this, it can no longer open on my phone, I don’t know what is wrong, thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (559) (560) (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) ... (607)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.