Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,020 members, 7,956,782 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:46 PM

Huxley I Need Your Urgent Assistance. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Huxley I Need Your Urgent Assistance. (2319 Views)

Please, Men Of God Here I Need Your Urgent HELP!!! / Urgent Assistance On D Link 2 Download Yoruba Bible / Any MFM Members Here: I Need your Urgent Assistance...and prayers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Huxley I Need Your Urgent Assistance. by banom(m): 3:20pm On Aug 04, 2009
Hello huxley, there was a link to an atheist thesis you gave me some months ago, when i titled a post, I WANT TO BECOME AN ATHEIST, i cant see the post again, please i need you to resend the link for me,

urgent please.
thanks.
Re: Huxley I Need Your Urgent Assistance. by huxley(m): 6:54pm On Aug 04, 2009
I can't remember what you mean.  IS that the link to a book by George Smith?

Here is a pdf of the classic book by George Smith

http://www.federacionatea.org/documentos/thecaseagainstgod.pdf
Re: Huxley I Need Your Urgent Assistance. by ooman(m): 1:05pm On Mar 19, 2013
Also check Dawkins book-the God delusion
Re: Huxley I Need Your Urgent Assistance. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 19, 2013
ooman: Also check Dawkins book-the God delusion

No kidding. The intellectually challenged Atheist Daddy GO's book! How helpful. grin
Re: Huxley I Need Your Urgent Assistance. by ooman(m): 4:21pm On Mar 19, 2013
Ihedinobi:

No kidding. The intellectually challenged Atheist Daddy GO's book! How helpful. grin

It is helpful.

I will also recommend the Blind Watchmaker again from Dawkins
Re: Huxley I Need Your Urgent Assistance. by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 19, 2013
ooman:

It is helpful.

Well sure! grin If you say so.

Well, I think the Daddy GO in question is too dumb to help himself, much less anyone else. smiley
Re: Huxley I Need Your Urgent Assistance. by ooman(m): 5:21pm On Mar 19, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Well sure! grin If you say so.

Well, I think the Daddy GO in question is too dumb to help himself, much less anyone else. smiley

Why did you say that?

Do you want me to call bokoharam for you?
Re: Huxley I Need Your Urgent Assistance. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 19, 2013
Lol. Perhaps if you mentioned one major point any of the two books made that you're sure you see reason with him on, I could show you why I hold the view I do.
Re: Huxley I Need Your Urgent Assistance. by alexleo(m): 6:24pm On Mar 19, 2013
where is Hurxley? One atheist that i like so much. No time to engage in too much argument. He will make his point and move on. Banon too has been out for quite a long time now, This post is an august 2009 post and here we are in 2013, who brought it up again now?
Re: Huxley I Need Your Urgent Assistance. by ooman(m): 6:24pm On Mar 19, 2013
Ihedinobi: Lol. Perhaps if you mentioned one major point any of the two books made that you're sure you see reason with him on, I could show you why I hold the view I do.
The blind watchmaker totally destroys intelligent design. God delusion totally destroyed the concept of God.
Re: Huxley I Need Your Urgent Assistance. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 19, 2013
ooman:
The blind watchmaker totally destroys intelligent design. God delusion totally destroyed the concept of God.

Dat one na talk. Talk is cheap, my friend. smiley
Re: Huxley I Need Your Urgent Assistance. by ooman(m): 10:45pm On Mar 19, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Dat one na talk. Talk is cheap, my friend. smiley

have you read the book?
Re: Huxley I Need Your Urgent Assistance. by Nobody: 11:09pm On Mar 19, 2013
^^^ No, I haven't read either. Are they worth my time? I have a rather poor report of their author, you know.
Re: Huxley I Need Your Urgent Assistance. by ooman(m): 11:20pm On Mar 19, 2013
^^^as a xtian, you would find the God delusion disturbing. Its against all forms of spiritually. If you are scientific, you will find the blind watchmaker interesting.
Re: Huxley I Need Your Urgent Assistance. by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 20, 2013
Lol. I'd find it disturbing because it goes against all forms of spirituality? You know me too well, sir grin How wrong you are. Do you suppose that I haven't read antiChristian material before? I'm not very interested in reading either book because I have never been convinced of Dawkins's intelligence. Do you want to try and convince me of his intellectual ability?
Re: Huxley I Need Your Urgent Assistance. by ooman(m): 9:37am On Mar 20, 2013
Can I convince you his intelligence? No. But you can decide for yourself. Check him up on google, follow wikipedia, all his achievements are stated.

In my own opinion is Dawkins intelligent? Very.
Re: Huxley I Need Your Urgent Assistance. by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 20, 2013
ooman: Can I convince you his intelligence? No. But you can decide for yourself. Check him up on google, follow wikipedia, all his achievements are stated.

In my own opinion is Dawkins intelligent? Very.

Ah, but it is your reason for thinking so that I'm enquiring after. I am not ignorant of the man himself. I am ignorant of your reasons for considering him very intelligent.
Re: Huxley I Need Your Urgent Assistance. by ooman(m): 3:19pm On Mar 20, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Ah, but it is your reason for thinking so that I'm enquiring after. I am not ignorant of the man himself. I am ignorant of your reasons for considering him very intelligent.

Well, did you think that it might be because of his achievements? Anybody cannot simply achieve what this man has achieved without really being intelligent. Success is what separate folly from wisdom. The man is successful, he is intellectual, same as Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg are.
Re: Huxley I Need Your Urgent Assistance. by ooman(m): 3:22pm On Mar 20, 2013
I will upload excerpts from his books later.
Re: Huxley I Need Your Urgent Assistance. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 20, 2013
^^^ Right, I'll see them when you do.
Re: Huxley I Need Your Urgent Assistance. by Kslib(m): 5:11pm On Mar 20, 2013
***following**
Re: Huxley I Need Your Urgent Assistance. by ooman(m): 9:33pm On Mar 20, 2013
Ok let me start with this because i love how it clear the misconception of Einstein. More later

Re: Huxley I Need Your Urgent Assistance. by ooman(m): 9:35pm On Mar 20, 2013
You can download the full book here: http://search.4shared.com/q/CCQD/1/books_office/the%20god%20delusion
Re: Huxley I Need Your Urgent Assistance. by ooman2: 9:40pm On Mar 20, 2013
get the full book here

[url=http://http://search.4shared.com/q/CCQD/1/books_office/the%20god%20delusion]God Delusion from 4shared[/url]
Re: Huxley I Need Your Urgent Assistance. by ooman3: 9:43pm On Mar 20, 2013
I would give you the link to download the book but spambot is banning me.

Go to 4shared, searching in the book section for the God Delusion, you will be able to download it
Re: Huxley I Need Your Urgent Assistance. by ooman3: 9:49pm On Mar 20, 2013
another quote

Re: Huxley I Need Your Urgent Assistance. by Nobody: 10:04pm On Mar 20, 2013
Ok. I'll try that. But honestly, I barely have the time for it.
Re: Huxley I Need Your Urgent Assistance. by ooman3: 10:04pm On Mar 20, 2013
^^^no problem
Re: Huxley I Need Your Urgent Assistance. by JeSoul(f): 11:50pm On Mar 20, 2013
Ooman I've unbanned your other handles. Next time don't repost the same link or else it'll just keep banning you. Alert a mod and we'll fix it. Cheers.
Re: Huxley I Need Your Urgent Assistance. by ooman(m): 6:09am On Mar 21, 2013
^^^Thank you. May your Lord bless you (and I mean it). My new identity (nontheism) allows me to respect your God without necessarily believing in him.
Re: Huxley I Need Your Urgent Assistance. by okeyxyz(m): 2:07pm On Mar 21, 2013
Actually, It is religious people who make dawkins the "star" that he is. Most religious people don't have the understandings of this christian god they profess to worship, thus they engage dawkins in debates that should not be in the first place. Christians are always trying to prove god in a scientific way. This is "high folly", because if they had any understanding, they'd at least realise that this god has consistently asserted in the bible that he cannot be observed in a scientific manner/system, else there'd be no reason for faith and hope and the whole methods of relating with god is null and void. God has never claimed to be observable in science, yet christians are constantly trying to prove him scientifically and constantly engaging atheists in scientific "gymnastics" and "proofs" of god, making a fool of themselves.

Dawkins is right in his own world as an atheist, but christians are wrong in their own world as christians. They identify as christians only as a label, but mostly or totally lack the understanding of the christian spirituality and this is why they continuously fail to win the argument of "God or no God".
Re: Huxley I Need Your Urgent Assistance. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 21, 2013
okeyxyz: Christians are always trying to prove god in a scientific way. This is "high folly", because if they had any understanding, they'd at least realise that this god has consistently asserted in the bible that he cannot be observed in a scientific manner/system...God has never claimed to be observable in science...

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen , being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Romans 1:20 KJV

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abraham Zoe's Libary ''pastor Chris Message To Youths; Read & Be Inspired'' / Preaching Or Christian Entertainment? / Did Jesus Really Descend To Hell After Death According To The Apostles Creed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.