Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Help Needed On Ms Small Business Server - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help Needed On Ms Small Business Server (743 Views)

His CV On Ms Word Writes "s...e..x. Doc." When He Wants To Save (photo) / Re: Help On Ms Draw Tutorials. / E-book On Ms Access (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed On Ms Small Business Server by ishow(m): 3:34pm On Aug 04, 2009
The client are unable to access the server. here is the message it usually give when one attempt to access it.

\\server is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you hsve access permission.
Access is denied.

Pls guru in the house, what do you think i can do to solve this problem
Re: Help Needed On Ms Small Business Server by playsafe: 8:19pm On Aug 06, 2009
What kind of server are you talking about?

What resources were you trying to access that is denying you access?
Re: Help Needed On Ms Small Business Server by ishow(m): 12:30pm On Aug 07, 2009
I'm using windows Small Business Server 2003. The clients computers are unable to access the information (folders & documents) on the server
Re: Help Needed On Ms Small Business Server by Cactus(m): 2:14pm On Aug 07, 2009
PERMISSIONS

Your permissions are improperly configured. I am not familiar with the biz server. But, once you get that error it means your permissions are wrong.

So think of some way to configure permissions properly
Re: Help Needed On Ms Small Business Server by Cactus(m): 2:21pm On Aug 07, 2009
Re: Help Needed On Ms Small Business Server by AussieBoy(m): 8:17am On Aug 12, 2009
iShow, are you still having problems with this server?
Re: Help Needed On Ms Small Business Server by deji2009(m): 9:18pm On Aug 15, 2009
you need to get intouch with the person that set it up, server are little bit complicated so i urge to contact the person that set it up
Re: Help Needed On Ms Small Business Server by AussieBoy(m): 11:42pm On Aug 16, 2009
Or you can post the problem here and we can have fun solving it.
Youir choice.
Re: Help Needed On Ms Small Business Server by AussieBoy(m): 12:24am On Aug 20, 2009
I am thinking more like WINS, DNS or even IP addressing. The error message is one that you get when the netbios name of a resource cannot be resolved to an address.
It would be nice if we had more info.

(1) (Reply)

Nland Is Good! / Etisalat Goes Live On Main One Submarine System / Laptop 4 Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.