Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,370 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Post Graduate Studies And Work - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Post Graduate Studies And Work (622 Views)

Photos:Abu Best Graduating Student, Al-amin Bags NNPC Post Graduate Scholarship / Unilag studies thread / Best Nigeria University For Post Graduate Studies In Linguistics? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Post Graduate Studies And Work by henry99: 11:33am On Apr 17, 2016
good day all...please i need your advice and motivation....am currently teaching in a school at lagos but i plan to do my masters at UNN this year...please i want to know how possible it is to school and work(teaching or casual work) i.e those the time table allow that,,,am asking bacause i will be the one sponsoring myself....also for those at UNN which area can one live and get a job(teaching or casual) while schooling....planning on getting a part time teaching job.....please peeps share your experience with me while doing your masters..it will be very helpful....thank you in anticipitation of your advice...bless!!!
Re: Post Graduate Studies And Work by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 17, 2016
henry99:
good day all...please i need your advice and motivation....am currently teaching in a school at lagos but i plan to do my masters at UNN this year...please i want to know how possible it is to school and work(teaching or casual work) i.e those the time table allow that,,,am asking bacause i will be the one sponsoring myself....also for those at UNN which area can one live and get a job(teaching or casual) while schooling....planning on getting a part time teaching job.....please peeps share your experience with me while doing your masters..it will be very helpful....thank you in anticipitation of your advice...bless!!!

Mathew 6:24 (NIV): "No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other...."

let me be honest with you, postgraduate studies is a task that is best performed without distractions or extra stress that comes with having a job. I personally turned down several job offers so that I can concentrate on my postgraduate studies.

if there's a part time programme for your course, then go for it, but if there isn't I suggest you choose either you job or MSC programme. you can't conveniently run a full time programme and keep a 9am-5pm job. one will suffer. since you teach in Lagos, I suggest you try unilag instead of unn unless you have a job at nsukka waiting for you. cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Post Graduate Studies And Work by henry99: 6:21pm On Apr 17, 2016
coollabman:

Mathew 6:24 (NIV): "No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other...."

let me be honest with you, postgraduate studies is a task that is best performed without distractions or extra stress that comes with having a job. I personally turned down several job offers so that I can concentrate on my postgraduate studies.

if there's a part time programme for your course, then go for it, but if there isn't I suggest you choose either you job or MSC programme. you can't conveniently run a full time programme and keep a 9am-5pm job. one will suffer. since you teach in Lagos, I suggest you try unilag instead of unn unless you have a job at nsukka waiting for you. cheers.
tnkz fr d advice bro.....fr some reasons i cnt do my masters at unilag....i knw its difficult to serve two masters but like i said am d one sponsoring myself dats why i am looking for a part time teaching job so dat i can have some time also for my studies also!!!
Re: Post Graduate Studies And Work by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 17, 2016
henry99:
tnkz fr d advice bro.....fr some reasons i cnt do my masters at unilag....i knw its difficult to serve two masters but like i said am d one sponsoring myself dats why i am looking for a part time teaching job so dat i can have some time also for my studies also!!!

well, you can pull it off if your supervisor is a "nice" person. are you going for a science course?!
Re: Post Graduate Studies And Work by henry99: 7:36pm On Apr 17, 2016
coollabman:

well, you can pull it off if your supervisor is a "nice" person. are you going for a science course?!
yea...mathematics!!!

(1) (Reply)

Fountain University, Nigeria. 2016/2017 Post Graduate (masters,mphil,phd) Forms / Words You Shouldn't Use To Describe Yourself / Delta State P.ume Screening For 2016/2017 Aspirants.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.