Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:29 PM

How Are Games Created - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / How Are Games Created (2707 Views)

Former NASA Engineer Created A ‘mega’ Dualshock 4 And Xbox One Controller Mod (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Are Games Created by callmemuzby(m): 12:02am On Apr 18, 2016
i want to create an android online game , but i do not know how to go about it, does anyone have an idea on how?
Re: How Are Games Created by Nobody: 12:07am On Apr 18, 2016
Let me give you an advice...android 'online' game? One person can never solo it nd if you do be able to do so it wont be that much of a nice quality. Versus games are better off when solo
Re: How Are Games Created by Baddestguyp(m): 12:37am On Apr 18, 2016
op seems u like online games, bt they really cost a lot of money to run as players will need to stay connected to ur servers. I'd advice u start with normal games.

BTW which Android online games do u play
Re: How Are Games Created by Emeka71(m): 1:59am On Apr 27, 2016
Start with server games.

1 Like

Re: How Are Games Created by josh19: 8:12am On Apr 27, 2016
thanks
Re: How Are Games Created by Gmajor(m): 4:15pm On May 09, 2016
josh19:
thanks
hello i got your moniker from the other thread that was closed. Pls where did you download miners vpn?
Re: How Are Games Created by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 14, 2016
callmemuzby:
i want to create an android online game , but i do not know how to go about it, does anyone have an idea on how?

download unity 3d ,photoshop and 3d max, it is for game development . create your character with sprite are created separately . look at unity 3d doc to learn more . You must have good understanding about physics and mathematics especially the vector aspects .

you have to have basic knowledge of c# and Html5/javascript . Creating a game alone is very hard except you are outsourcing . You just have to have the ability to think and copy so code you want to make the game . The image , sounds are stored in the asset folder which various sprites of characters are stored also . you must learn how to ask questions in stack overflow . Game development requires hardwork .

The games you play is developed by a team of programmer , writers , software engineers ,graphic designers and 3d/2d model/animation expert . A team of 100 people might create a game .
Re: How Are Games Created by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 14, 2016
Each components are done separately , you can add by them by dragging and dropping. like the environment is model with photoshop or 3dmax and the characters all the interaction are done through programming .

Game is not so easy except you are a good graphic /animation designer and programmer altogether .

Read the guide when you download your tools .
There are many sample on github to know game structure just Google them .

http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/index.html
Re: How Are Games Created by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 15, 2016
The end
Re: How Are Games Created by callmemuzby(m): 2:15pm On May 22, 2016
proxy20:

download unity 3d ,photoshop and 3d max, it is for game development . create your character with sprite are created separately . look at unity 3d doc to learn more . You must have good understanding about physics and mathematics especially the vector aspects .

you have to have basic knowledge of c# and Html5/javascript . Creating a game alone is very hard except you are outsourcing . You just have to have the ability to think and copy so code you want to make the game . The image , sounds are stored in the asset folder which various sprites of characters are stored also . you must learn how to ask questions in stack overflow . Game development requires hardwork .

The games you play is developed by a team of programmer , writers , software engineers ,graphic designers and 3d/2d model/animation expert . A team of 100 people might create a game .
woah,,,, 100 people.
Thanks for the info mehn, i was just playing a game and i was like how are these things even created, then google wasnt helping me find out or rather giving me what i want. Thanks a lot.
I really appreciate!!!
Re: How Are Games Created by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 22, 2016
callmemuzby:

woah,,,, 100 people.
Thanks for the info mehn, i was just playing a game and i was like how are these things even created, then google wasnt helping me find out or rather giving me what i want. Thanks a lot.
I really appreciate!!!

one or two people can create a game . It depends on your skillset to do everything . There are many game engines like unreal engine , cocos2d , CRYENGINE Unreal engine and
ogre3d.

you can build your cocos2d html5 game source code on Intel xdk . Html5 or 2d games are usually built with photoshop to create the sprite while 3d games uses advance tools like blender , maya , 3dmax , zbrush, and maximo .

You need to learn languages like javascript , html5 ,c# ,c++ and lua .Youtube has many playlist on game development try download them to learn by following the steps you need to have basic knowledge of the programming languages listed above .

The best specification for laptops are 8 gig ram and 1 terabyte HDD Core i7 CPU and the latest Nvidia GTX 970M or 980M graphics . There are many ways to create a game with low spec laptops . It is preferable to use html5 game engines like cocos2d with Intel xdk or construct 2 .
Re: How Are Games Created by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 22, 2016
You don't have to be very too coder because you already have many libraries and documentation on the features or effect you want to implement read the doc and copy the codes you want the game character to display . For example if you want them to move read the API to move left ,right ,down,up .with respectivelying images (sprite) of the movement up, left and right etc. Make sure you create the scene by adding the image components . For example scene 1, scene 2 and so on there is a program that makes you move to the next stage .
Re: How Are Games Created by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 01, 2016
Hello guy I just feel like updating this thread , today tutorials is how to create a fighting game using mk.js in html5 .
step one
download Intel xdk
step 2
download this source code below and unzip and import them to Intel xdk . remember to click on cordova and game and cocos2d
www.java2s.com/Open-Source/Javascript_Free_Code/Game_Multiplayer/Download_mk_js_Free_Java_Code.htm
or download from github

https://github.com/mgechev/mk.js/
step 3
add more images of different characters or if you can create any with photoshop like the source file . change the background images . when you click on the folder copy and paste your images for the background and when the characters is moving and standing .

step 4
Edit the html.index
step 5
add the splash screen and the package

when you are done build for android and ios and windows .

don't forget to drop your comment . #gamedev
Re: How Are Games Created by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 01, 2016
mk.js was created using movement.js which is on github . https://github.com/mgechev/movement.js
Re: How Are Games Created by oluwaskulboy(m): 11:42am On Jun 04, 2016
DEVELOPING AN ANDROID APP, WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW.

http://techzone.com.ng/2016/05/05/developing-android-app-know/
Re: How Are Games Created by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 05, 2016
how to reload a gun in game development

function reload gun( ) {
gun.reload=100%
shoot.move (up);
}

A loop will determine the reload per second .In game development you need to learn advance oop method to performance specific tasks .

for beginners we have libraries , frameworks and documentation to perform each task which are broken down in methods and events .

(1) (Reply)

Pes 18 Ps4 Patch / Dark Souls 3 Hardest To Least Difficult Boss / Winning Eleven 2022 Apk Mod Download For Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.