Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,068 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 (6029 Views)

DON'T JOIN Chapter 1:NOVELLA - PAGE-1 COMIC / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) / The Game He Lost (A Novel). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 by tijehi(f): 2:22pm On Oct 20, 2009
Myne white, you are too gooooooood. pleaseeeeeeeeee continue
Re: End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 by MyneWhite1(f): 8:21pm On Oct 20, 2009
Thank you Turiano and Tijehi. Watch out for the next one soon.
Re: End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 by MyneWhite1(f): 4:25pm On Oct 21, 2009
To be honest, he wasn’t about revenge. However, he would love to be a board member on a listed company so could push through some of his ideas on stock trading. He was sure any company that plugged the gap he saw would stand to make a lot of money for their shareholders. The Fund he managed now owned five percent Bestman stock of which he held voting power. They were transferred to his portfolio by Chief Okrika whose brokers managed another thirty percent. He could only guess how much it took to amass them in such a short time. Money had its uses.
Re: End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 by frank317: 12:00pm On Oct 23, 2009
what an intelligent guy you are
Re: End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 by MyneWhite1(f): 3:33pm On Oct 23, 2009
cheesy cheesy

You're a very funny guy Frank. But sure he's not very smart. LOL
Re: End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 by MyneWhite1(f): 4:04pm On Oct 27, 2009
“That is only the tip of the iceberg. How much more shares do you think we stand to acquire?”

“There’s over twenty percent up for grabs, with the premium we’re offering we can sponge up as much as fifteen. A few of the shareholders may reject us on loyalty grounds.”
Re: End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 by tijehi(f): 7:35am On Oct 28, 2009
Myne White, that latest post is too short. I check this particular topic every 2minutes to see if you've added anything. please stop kinlling us with your suspense o.
Re: End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 by MyneWhite1(f): 4:04pm On Oct 28, 2009
Gladys was in the kitchen tidying up after a late lunch. It was her first meal of the day, but she still ended up not being able to eat anything. Just then, she heard a knock. Wondering who it could be, she slowly went to open the door. It took her a full minute of looking at the woman standing before her before recognition came. It was Edward’s previous foster mother.

"Good morning ma." Suspicion threaded her words.

Mrs. Okrika ignored Gladys and without a reply to the greeting, marched straight into the house. Gladys was surprised but she quietly closed the door and followed her through the hallway. The older woman was standing in the middle of the living room looking around. When she removed her sunglasses and turned, there was so much open hatred and spite on her face That Gladys frowned in confusion. The woman bared her teeth in a predatory smile, moved to one of the settees and sat down with a tinkling of gold jewelry.

"Why don't you join me my dear?” she asked, as if she owned the place. Gladys went and sat down on the opposite armchair.

"What of Edward, the caring fiancé?”

"He has gone into work, " Gladys began

"Gone to the office already? But you just returned from your trip around the world?”

"Something important came up and he had to go." As Gladys said this, her mind began to race wondering how Mrs. Okrika knew about the trip or their schedule.
Re: End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 by MyneWhite1(f): 9:03pm On Oct 29, 2009
I just added an update but can't see it
lipsrsealed sad
Re: End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 by MyneWhite1(f): 9:05pm On Oct 29, 2009
Is this working now?
Re: End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 by MyneWhite1(f): 7:06pm On Oct 30, 2009
nnnnnnnnnnn
Re: End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 by MyneWhite1(f): 7:07pm On Oct 30, 2009
Why is the board removing my updates I wonder? This is not spam please.
Re: End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 by MyneWhite1(f): 7:07pm On Oct 30, 2009
Hello
Re: End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 by MyneWhite1(f): 7:08pm On Oct 30, 2009
:p :p :p
Re: End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 by MyneWhite1(f): 5:46am On Nov 02, 2009
Ok ooo grin
Re: End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 by MyneWhite1(f): 5:46am On Nov 02, 2009
Please help
Re: End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 by MyneWhite1(f): 4:37pm On Nov 07, 2009
Why can't I post here now?
Re: End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 by MyneWhite1(f): 4:38pm On Nov 07, 2009
sad sad sad sad
Re: End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 by MyneWhite1(f): 9:13pm On Nov 09, 2009
what to do
Re: End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 by smile4kenn(m): 9:28pm On Nov 10, 2009
I think for your own good, You should stop posting your stories here, Enough, Someone might be stealing your works.

Complete your novel and send to an editor to review okay?
Re: End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 by kolaoloye(m): 9:38am On Nov 11, 2009
Let me commend a job well done. grin
In as much as you like to post more you should also remember that this is Nigeria.
Some people are desperate.
Get us informed as soon as it is published. Till then, take care.
Re: End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 by MyneWhite1(f): 4:13pm On Nov 11, 2009
All right I hear you. Thanks sha
Re: End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 by MyneWhite1(f): 12:44am On Nov 25, 2009
You can now download a copy of the ebook here on LULU

http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=4531432
Re: End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 by MyneWhite1(f): 8:52pm On Nov 25, 2009
For gift ideas this holidays check out my book, http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=4531432
Re: End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 by MyneWhite1(f): 2:17am On Dec 03, 2009

Re: End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 by MyneWhite1(f): 5:53pm On Dec 06, 2009

Re: End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 by MyneWhite1(f): 6:14am On Dec 14, 2009
Not again please
Re: End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 by MyneWhite1(f): 6:42pm On Dec 21, 2009
The title of the novel is A Heart to Mend!

The book is available from http://www.authorhouse.com/Bookstore/ItemDetail.aspx?bookid=67912

A sample can be viewed at http://www.freado.com/book/5186/A-Heart-to-Mend-Paperback

[B]A HEART TO MEND[/B] narrates the relationship between Gladys and Edward and offers a unique reading experience. Direct and action packed, the masterful use of emotion and suspense will keep readers totally engrossed and guessing till the end.

Sheltered Gladys Eborah has spent most of her life in a suburb of Enugu brought up in a deprived single parent household after losing her father as a young girl. After finishing her education, she moves to Lagos to seek a job and moves in with an estranged aunt who now wants to be forgiven for all perceived wrongs. Gladys suspects Aunt Isioma abandoned them out of disdain for their poverty, and has the uneasy role of the bridge between both families.

Her new friendships and career achievements gradually transition Gladys into an independent young woman. Soon, she begins to fall for wealthy Edward Bestman who, though physically attracted to her, is emotionally unavailable. Edward is very wealthy, but he is haunted by the past of his illegitimate birth and other secrets he will not share.

The themes of premarital sex, social class mobility, and romantic ups and downs that mark a budding love are fully explored. However, Myne Whitman takes the story even further. Some unnamed people are about to take over Edward’s business empire and Gladys is implicated. Who are these people who want to betray him and destroy their happiness?

[B]A HEART TO MEND[/B] will bring tears to the eyes and cheers at the end especially for those who have experienced the search for a career or tumultuous family and emotional relationships. Readers will be pleasantly surprised by the description of Lagos, the Nigerian stock market, and other business intrigues.

If you want more information please PM me or send an email to [email]myne@mynewhitman.com[/email]

Re: End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 by Orikinla(m): 4:51pm On Dec 22, 2009
Author,
Look for reputable publishers represented by agents and get your novel published.

If you are good enough you will attract good publishers and you do not need to pay to have your book published.

Keep the flame burning.
Re: End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 by MyneWhite1(f): 11:42pm On Dec 22, 2009
Thanks Orinkala,

The novel has been published. You can obtain your paperback online at http://www.authorhouse.com/Bookstore/ItemDetail.aspx?bookid=67912

You can read it and tell me what you think. Cheers.
Re: End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 by MyneWhite1(f): 3:43am On Dec 29, 2009
You can find me on facebook at Myne whitman writes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

R.I.P Psalmwise / Guilty Pleasures / A Picture Poem About Women!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.